Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Imperator Vult Edition
KA has a side kick Sub-Edition
I can't think of a summary sorry.
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

First for "I used white scar bikers in zone mortalis and felt like an asshole until I got BS5 overwatched by imperial fists"

>Have they diluted themselves into thinking that they are decent because those around them are even worse?
>diluted

user you fucking retard.

Do they have Move Through Cover?
Did you expect Death Guard bikers in Zones Mortalis?

White scars all have skilled rider, so they autopass dangerous terrain checks

>Be me, stubborn as fuck, playing Halo CE
>Ride that sweet Ghost jetike
>It's Zones Mortalis time, Masterchief! You gotta get into the building and do Halo-y stuff
>Aight I'm bringing my fucking jetbike inside
>But..
>Shhh. Jetbike.

That's how I think White Scars, Reaping DG and Covenant of Fire Sallies biker squads feel like.

>your enemies escape into the most bike unfriendly place to get away from your bikes by hiding behind countless sharp corners and fortified positions
>"Ready the bikes."

WhiteScars.jpg

Anyone have that pic of when an user played his 30k army against 40k Ravenwing and his opponent just drove up a wall at him?

Because that's all I'm picturing here.

Those are the reasons Horus would have won the Siege of Terra if the WS were on his side.

They would just have drove up the walls with their bikes and open the gates.

>"WARMASTER, TERRA'S ORBITAL DEFENSES ARE TOO GREAT! OUR FLEET IS SUSTAINING MASSIVE CASUALTIES!"
>"Send in Khan!"
>the Swordstorm launches 10,000 bikes from high orbit

>not bringing in the indestructable Warthog
>or the ridiculous magnum

Well they do have Deep strike :^)
Wasn't it Knight user against his Dark Angel 40k Ravenwind friend?
>tfw I always thought bringing the banshee plane into the control room was the standard procedure

>tfw you used the banshee plane for indoor exploration.
>Instant-death walls in the not-so-bottemless pits were lame

>tfw a video game doesn't have collision damage for their vehicles

FOOLS, NOW I AM AS A GOD

>when entering a vehicle made you briefly invincible
>launching a warthog and yourself into orbit with piles of grenades

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND !

See, bikes in ZM only treat difficult terrain as dangerous terrain, which as of 7th edition is the default anyway.

Where it gets stupid is that WS assault marines have skilled rider and auto pass their dangerous terrain checks when they go more than 6". That is bullshit of the highest order and I love it

>Where it gets stupid

No see, White Scars surf their jump packs that's why the rider bonus works.

I like to think that white scar infantry are all wearing heelies or roller blades just to have some kind of wheels beneath them.

If only WS land speeders got skilled rider, I would use 5 in ZM and have zero (0) friends left

Fellow bitter brothers, get in this thread!

Heeeey, now that I realize it, WS have three benefits and no restrictions (ooooh nooo, they are FORCED to take a single Fast Attack choice!), as well as an AP2 weapon.

Meanwhile, the IW gives no fucks about getting shot at, and the enemy can chose to do so for full 6 turns.
We also have enhanced krak and melta, but only against buildings and nobody gives a fuck now that it has been FAQed away, while we have to pretend Shrapnel bolts do something.

The trips call me forth!

Pls no bully

Duncan did 2 WB videos

I kind of regret having posted that pic.
Like our father, the IW has a history of not being good at making friends.

speaking of friends, did Legion/primarch ever trade stuff?

I'm getting ready to order a typhon and some bikes for my TS and I was wondering if I could incorporate some white Scars or IW motifs into the vehicles.

>tfw just want to be friends with everyone
One day we'll all sing praise to chaos.

I think the closest to that would be campaign markings, like those who fought alongside the Warmaster were allowed to wear the Eye on their armor.

>Heeeey, now that I realize it, WS have three benefits and no restrictions (ooooh nooo, they are FORCED to take a single Fast Attack choice!), as well as an AP2 weapon.
Try playing DA, we got released alongside them.

There are several recorded instances of inter-legion relations, and not only in shared campaigns (like Raldoron honouring several EC with the Blood Drop).

Horus included a detachment of Ashen Clad Deliverers in his personal entourage

The Emperor seconded some Night Lords to a pardoned mortal king.

The WE invited several outsiders to their gladiator pits. Sigismund, Argel Tal and Amit got names in them.

The Space Wolves sent watch packs to be naggy to others :^)

And didn't the TS sent legionnaries to other legions as if they were studying abroad?

I assume Primarchs would sometimes second squads to their brother's legions as gifts, not to mention Ferrus handed actual gifts to his brothers, even to Lorgar, not to mention his gifts to mankind: terminator armour.

But yes, no reason why the TS couldn't have some WS or IW motifs.

Were the armour colors typical to Librarians (blue), Chaplains (black), Apothecaries (white), etc in effect at the time of the Heresy? Or were they simply the same color as the rest of the Legion?

Separately, I assume plasma pistols are just as silly to give a character in 30K as they are in 40K. Especially if I'm using a two-handed weapon.

>Were the armour colors typical to Librarians (blue), Chaplains (black), Apothecaries (white), etc in effect at the time of the Heresy?
Wardens (Chaplains) are described to wear black armour, meaning direct service to the throne, and their skull helmets.
And I think Apothecaries were white and Techmarines red (since the Mechanicum has been a thing since before the Imperium), but there's a pic of one of Endryd's disguised techmarines wearing regular SoH colours instead of red.

>Librarians
I don't know.

>Chaplains
The Word Bearers started them back when they were the Imperial Heralds, and did indeed wear black. Word Bearers are unique in that they're the only traitors who didn't kill their Chaplains. Canonically, anyways.

>Apothecaries
Yep, still white.

The Word Bearers sent out Chaplains to every legion to console Librarians about the Council of Nikaea, which is how the warrior lodges started up, except in the IW, SW, and BA. SW had their priests(?), and BA had their Wardens. IW straight up told him to leave at gunpoint.

>The Emperor tells you he's going to reward your planet for it's services with a Marine garrison to help defend it
>He sends you the Legion that has the flaying fetish
What do?

>The Word Bearers sent out Chaplains to every legion
I thought their legions simply trained their own Chaplains?
The one in Echoes knew Morty's biography, something few outside the DG legion know, and noted how his genehanced body could withstand wading through the phosphex-flooded corridors.

You must remember Feel No Pain doesn't mean Suffers No Injury. They pretty much get their faces skinned, but they still march forward.

I don't know if it's old fluff or not, but the Word Bearers sent out Chaplains and trained the ones in the other legions, as well as the consoling punintended of Nikaea, which is how the Warrior lodges started later on, though the chaplains of other legions were dedicated to the Emperor, the WB ones created the Warrior lodges to spread dissent among the legions.

Librarians already were blue as the Ultramarines were the ones who brought up the idea of an organized cadre of psykers in the Legion. Though usually it was just a blue pauldron with the majority of the armour in legion heraldry

Email the top 50% of this image to FW, maybe they'll start proofreading their books better.

You better welcome the """reward""" and be Compliant as fuck, especially if their armour looks (and smells) as if it was dripping tears of actual blood.

Supply your janitors with cola soda and chlorine. And chamomile tea. They will need it.

Apothecaries are definitely white, but often only partially white.

The others are less certain. We know the Word Bearers had chaplains in black and the Blood Angels had "wardens" (same thing) in black, but the others are wide open. I'd use some black.

Librarians haven't shown up in the game yet. In the novels, it looks like pre-Nikea Librarians didn't wear any special colors. Late in the Heresy they'll be given their status back, and maybe we'll see them in blue. Hasn't happened yet except in an ad hoc capacity.

"Brother...do you think I'll ever get my real body back?

I want to field thallax by having a cortex controller. They are not in the legion book, so should I look to the thagmata book for points and rules?

Someone said that they cant have augments if chosen by a legion force but that was in one of the old black books. Should the newer thagmata book take precedence for the sake of taking augments?

>Apothecaries are definitely white, but often only partially white.

The Apothecarium is an equal opportunity employer.

And there's the novels...
Dangerous Terrain Practice course for the jetbikes in the outer hull of their battleships, heavy "voidbike" boarding parties, massively oversized engines on their ships, WS just love going fast in general and in all aspects of their life.

>heavy "voidbike" boarding parties
I'm now imagining jetbikes with boarding shields stuck to the front like a snow plow. CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS.

But the IW bonus is huge. IW only have to take morale in assault, while everyone else has to worry about their backfield squads dropping a few mooks and legging it off the field. It's one of the better LA rules because there is literally zero games where you won't take shooting casualties

Maybe WS got all the swag because FW knew it will be like 5 years before they get a book.
Also, need to sell them dick bikes son

>Librarians haven't shown up in the game yet
u wot

this, compare it to SoH's "re-roll one's on the reserve roll." how many times haven't you played a game without either rolling a one or without reserves at all.

Well, the SoH also have the extra attack at I 1 thing going for them.
Also Death Dealers. Enough said.
In fact, all the LA rules from book 1 and 2 were weak as fuck, and when the inevitable FW power creep started, they went back and threw the first four a bone.

death dealers is the only one which is really good, the extra attack is shit because it doesn't count for the things that really matter (power fists and axes) would rather have the BA "wounds better" or DA's "hits better" or NL's "both"

Well user you DID dare to enter an IF fortress, aka their own Magical Realm.
You had a fisting coming for you

I would argue that the plus one I for EC (with crusader they will almost always run you down after combat) and WE (rerolls to wound with a bucket of attacks, also free S5 chainaxes) are pretty good. Only DG kind of got shafted (oh boy, 4+ FNP against Poison and Flesh bane, reroll Dangerous Terrain- why not just autopass- and rerolls pinning! Also ignore Fear!)

DG rules wouldn't be that exciting in a vacuum, but with the increasing prevalence of phosphex in 30k armies that 4+ FNP is actually pretty handy.

BA 'wounds better' only works in assault phase. And this is a shooting dominated game. And that one up side comes with a big downside (Host of Angels really restricts your play styles).
the DA bonus fucking sucks. You hit on 3+ IF you have a blade or sword ONLY, and only IF your opponent has the same WS- no swords, no bonus. Higher native WS? Then it does jack shit anyway (unlike NL). Also, all those cool swords are character only, as well as ap 3. What legion character ISNT rocking AA? It's only good against Mechanium monsters. Good luck surviving the hail of gunfire to hit them with your sword (but only on a 3 plus)

again I'm talking only in the context of merciless fighters, yes deathdealers is great and the meme of BS5 meltas are great. but it is clearly just as bad as DA's then; neither of them affect the weapons that do the killing in a elite on elite slugfest, and is only really helpful making your scrubs better then their scrubs. while mister "oh no I can't tankspam" BA's works all the time - and its not like you can complain that a melee legion like BA with an excellent melee rite (DoR) with excellent melee LA rules - both the better hit rule and the handflamer/inferno pistol (although expensive) help in this regard as well. I'm sure a properly written BA list should have no problem getting into melee despite the stupid bullshit that was giving the legions access to plentiful and cheap artillery.

>neither of them affect the weapons that do the killing in a elite on elite slugfest
Combi-Plasma, sniper rounds, power swords, and DA still works WS5 vs WS5.
I'm not sure why you think BA with DoR get into melee any better than any other legion with Drop Assault.

I kind of figured he didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned a BS 5 melta meme (lol water, Death Dealers is all about super accurate plasma fucking everything up) and said it was 'as bad as the DA" LA rules. Are you serious? Opinion discarded

They're dropping assault squads rather than despoilers, giving them a larger threat range. Pinning on their guns means they stand a chance of stopping a unit from running away. Shrouded makes them a little more likely to survive. Mostly, it's not that they're wildly more likely to get into assault, but that the +1 to wound combined with the +1I on the charge from the rite makes them a lot better once they get there, and inferno pistols add a means to pop transports and tanks a little more easily.

>They're dropping assault squads rather than despoilers
So is Drop Assault.

nine alphariuses until glory; no delays no lost shiopments no chinese pirates just pure 10001% inferno and thoughtful, intelligent discussion

Black & gold custodes > red & gold custodes

Truly the edgiest of colour schemes

Read Scars, they basically have open-topped single seat fighter bikes for boarding actions.

>implicating

You might want to extend that calendar a bit.

learn how to read, I said that death dealer was the only good part of the SoH legion rules.

I also said that an extra attack at I1 as long as you have struck in melee is worse then +1 to hit, or +1 to wound - or both in the case of NL - they even share the demand that they outnumber their foe.

BA essenstially take the EC iniative bonus, adds furious charge and the ability to (list building permitted) use assault squads as a (ghetto) drop pod assault list by getting to deepstrike all of their jump infantry T1 (including destroyers - who really enjoy the +1S.) who with inferno pistols offer capabilities against both infantry and vehicles.

You forgot rerolling 1s to reserves, combine that with a damocles to guarantee all your reserve whenever you like.
Do Damoclesesersses fit inna Stormbird?
Do you measure the 24" bonus from the 'bird if they do?

we play on such a low point level so I avoid reserves whenever possible :^)
yes
not unless specifically mentioned, AFAIK. Like orders out of a chimera.

Oh yeah, I remember those (mainly because of their interesting name - "sojutsu"). Though given they're said to be bigger than scimitars I dread to think how phallic forgeworld might make them.

well, pretty phalic, or just really chunky, a bit like the Pallas Grav-attack thingy, but open topped.

Oh yeah, my mistake, I thought you were talking about orbital assault. The main benefit for BA is that their rite gives them +1I, which is a pretty hefty combat bonus in marine-on-marine match ups. I suppose it also has the access to traditional toys so that you can build a more rounded list to support your assault squads.

That was the librarium project by the Thousand Sons, White Scars and Blood Angels, not those Ultramarine mongs

Any news on why the Primaris-Lightning isn't available on the FW store? And would proxying two work for now?

I always thought that the Scars just drove there regular jetbikes between ships.

Guess I must have skimmed that part.

>>jetbikes
>>skimmed
kek

Perhaps they're re-doing the molds and don't want to build up too much of a backlog?

>Librarians already were blue as the >Ultramarines were the ones who brought up the idea of an organized cadre of psykers in the Legion.
user I...

Ultramarine delusion is almost as bad as that of the woof woofs sometimes.

As it happens, there is artwork of yesugai (in colour), and he's definitely not wearing blue. And the TSons didn't dress their psykers in blue, because most of the legion would have worn blue if that was the case.

Do White Scars only drink skimmed fermented not!yak's milk?

Possibly. They definitely only eat fast food though.

I'm fucking outta here.

Better move quickly.

So looking at the Mechanicum "Alternate LoW use" box, it seems I can take stuff from Imperial Armour books. Does that mean I can take an Imperial Armour Apocalypse Malcador or Thunderhawk? Also 1-3 flyers. Could that be used for making a Mechanicum air force of some kind? Two squads of 1-3 Vulturax, a Thunderhawk gunship or similar Superheavy flyer and the second LoW slot from Matrix of Ruin on 1-3 other planes like Lightnings or Vendettas? I mean, no-one would run that many flyers, but a cool converted Superheavy flyer might be nice.

Dave: Were Librarians blue during the Heresy?
Luke: Dunno. But Word Bearers sent black armoured chaplains to oversee the Nikaea Edict was being enforced to most of the other Legions, which led to the creation of Warrior Lodges. Honest, this belief of mine is totally true and doesn't contradict any empirical information to do with the timeline at all.
Gaius: Librarians were already blue because the Ultramarines invented the Librarius and Ultramarines are blue. QED, plebians.

People should post like serfs of their legion more often.

Which ones came up with Apothecarion, WE or WS? What about techmarines? BA?

Well, alright.
IF serfs speak entirely by holding up captioned pictures of Dorn, right?

no

So, we are in agreement.

That's my point, those big three were the ones trying to unify psykers and they sure as hell didn't color for specific colours.

The Ultramarine stuff is way post-heresy.

Chymeriae Blackshield says that if it's the Primary Detachment, it can't take an Allied Detachment. Does this still allow Chymeriae Blackshields to be taken as an Allied Detachment with another army?

Been toying with the idea of making some Thunder Warriors to go with a Custodes as the Primary Detachment.

Custodes can't be taken as a Primary detachment.

How do you know, Inferno isn't out until August.

Night Lords may be the edgiest legion, but dark blue with a light blue pattern and beige/red spot details is not an edgy colour scheme

Well, they can't right now anyway, not until August 2020.

It should yes. It's probably a balancing factor, and they figured being restricted to the ally force org also works.

The Thunder Warriors are dead or dying.

The temporary rules for them on FW's site allow you to do so, you just take one of their squads as an HQ choice instead of its normal role

No.

Oh, forgot that part
I would assume in a more casual game people might let you use them as a primary detachment using the same rule, but honestly since they don't have DTs yet why would you
unless you have a massive need to show off your golden bananas