Pie break edition

Pie break edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Competitive Gaddock Teeg lists
reddit.com/r/CompetitiveEDH/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

What's your favourite off-colour effect? Why do you run it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zorak-and-the-original-way-outs/
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/149232707838/re-damnation-are-you-able-to-expound-on-to-why
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks, guys. I've been playing for years. Can't believe I didn't know this.

Banned in modern for wasting everyones time. But this isnt modern fampai.

Damnation

Lapse of Certainty, because no one expects my non-blue deck to have a hard counter.

This is like my second favorite foil in the game. Patrician taste, user

>What's your favourite off-colour effect? Why do you run it?

Imperial Recruiter, Boros needs all the help it can get.

gimme some janky artifacts, but cheap
like ugins nexus, trading post, master transmuter, etc
different combo pieces or something. i also really like azor's elocutors

What?

>Pie break edition
This has to be my favorite.

rate h8 my mazirek deck
tell me im a dirty whore
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zorak-and-the-original-way-outs/

Darkness for that sweet Shakespeare quote.
Fun to recite every time I cheat death with it in Nekusar.

Also, Rimescale Dragon for the blue tapdown effect in red. Snow Mountains are Baller.

Scourglass, Cumberstone, Ethersworn Adjudicator, Immortal Coil, Mindlock Orb, Scepter of Dominance, and my personal favorite Lich's Mirror

You didn't even put bait on the hook.

Also FUCK speculators, why is Master Transmuter 20 fucking dollars. I'm gonna offer to trade one for a top and see if anyone bites.

Because it's a good combo card. It can return itself and basically Show and Tell a Platinum Emperion.
It's also not likely to be reprinted any time soon, since we passed by a good Artifact Block. There's a difference between Speculation and driven demand, and Transmutor fits into almost any artifact deck that's running blue.

thanks
I'm also thinking of some kind of pillowfort combo for elocutors, but I need some tutors and proliferates

Faithless Looting

backbreaking effect, easy to build around

The deck that used those types of artifacts to combo off was banned because it took too long not because it was particularly oppressive.

N O R E P R I N T

doubling season

And I still get (you)s

This is good

>What's your favourite off-colour effect?

I was gonna pick one for every color but couldn't think of any more.

Would Chaos Warp count as off-color? Because I do fucking love Chaos Warp.

>friend tells me Mana Tithe is a shit card
>I tell him he's shit
>blast his Panharmonicon with it while I'm playing Selvala

Sorry to hijack but I need help making a guy at work super salty.

There's 4 of us total that get together after work to play together, games are normally 3 man but occasionally the 4th will join too.

We all take things pretty lighthearted but this fucking basement dweller can not stop playing [insert colour] goodstuff/control/counters. Usually white (so super sick of seeing path/swords/ghostly prison/sun titan etc) Basically just decks that don't make it fun for others because he just keeps removing shit, which is fine, some things you wanna get rid of but listening to him drone on and on about how rediculous that card was that he just HAD to get rid of just makes me want to swing a sledge into his face.

Generally I'll play decks with interesting cards and interesting mechanics or a theme, he does not, just the best most optimal cards he can get (and sometimes proxy because "..I have better things to spend my money on", I kid you not).

Anywho I want to make a real fuck you deck to cheese him off and just frustrate the shit out of him. I was considering Child of Alara juiced to the gills with fogs/mass removal/spot removal with stuff like Mazes end and Door to Nothingness.

Does anyone have any other suggested decks? or could they recommend some choice cards to include. Keep in mind these are multiplayer games, so decks geared at 1 on 1 won't work.

The cards you listed him playing aren't problems. White's shtick is having the best answers but no means to efficiently find them/refill their hand afterwards. What are his commanders?

git gud scrub

Mana tithe is amazing. It's not the greatest in EDH but even so can really come through for you sometimes. I also really like this card, but I wish it only cost 1W instead and was basically like a color shifted version of Memory Lapse.

It comes through when people least expect it, and those are the moments you sometimes need it most.

On a side note, do I consider cards like Sapphire Medallion to be a mana rock in terms of mana base(assuming monocolor deck)? If so, do I count them as 1/2 like a regular mana rock?

Right now he's playing a Heliod deck, in the past he's played a Geist deck with just counters and equipment. Nahiri as well.

I wouldn't personally. The only time those medallions really shine is when you plan to be casting multiple spells each turn. Jori En decks would find them particularly useful (as well as seal of the guildpact)

Virtue's Ruin, Flashfires, Anarchy, Aether Flash, Omen of Fire, Manabarbs, Leyline of Punishment/Everlasting Torment, Combust, Burn from Within, Cursed Totem, Into the Core, Wake of Destruction, Vandalblast/Shatterstorm, Havoc

Oh I forgot Stranglehold & War's Toll for plain-old anti-control

thanks for that, i'll give them a look over.

Wondering if Stax Uril guy ever got a list.

and do you run Mark of Sakiko?

Anarchy is really good, even kills enchantments.
Gloom is also really devastating, if you're playing black. Drop it down early, maybe a little land disruption (Sinkholes are pretty cheap these days) and bam.

That's assuming you're playing freeform/casual.

Otherwise you could play a green deck with motherfucking Back to Nature somewhere in your 75.

Oh and Gloom could be nice for giving them a taste of their own medicine. Though an asshole like that will probably cry that he's being metagamed.

Chaos Warp counts. Red isn't supposed to answer enchantments.

Kalitas stax

It's going to fuck everyone and not just him tho

>Imp's Mischief on Abrupt Decay

Nice work on the title.

>>Chaos Warp counts. Red isn't supposed to answer enchantments.

?

>killing a spider with a wrecking ball.jpg

Green Elemental Blast?

that doesn't interact with the stack

guttural response does, though

also, cards like blossoming defense and vines of vastwood are just better versions of that card

Rather play green stifle.

Stifle counters triggers as well though.
That said, I won a game with that card. Or rather, prevented myself from dying

The best part about this card is SUNFORGER

How do you deal with them just trying to cast it again next turn? Or do you run ways to shuffle their deck?

What better way is there to Boros?

Just play talrand with 40 counterspells

Hey i want to build a deck based around making my opponent shuffle their deck multiple times each turn just to piss them off. Any other cards like that which i should know about?

Why womt wizard reprint this card?

It's so strong that they would basically need to build a set around it

That seems like it's likely to get people to absolutely hate you. Not your deck, you.

They hate the timespiral block. And to protect investors.
>from the vault
>2 modern masters sets
>eternal masters
>2 conspiracy sets
It is pretty obvious.

Sounds good to me

Is this a joke?

A friend's Breya deck has seen some serious upgrades lately, but by far the most frustrating is just the godddamn Darksteel Forge. What's the best option each colour has to get rid of that fucking thing?

Return to Dust, Into the Core, Chaos Warp, Fade Into Antiquity, Deglamer, World Breaker

Also Ironwright's Cleansing, Amulet of Unmaking, Shattering Blow, and Revoke Existence.

Also Scour from Existence. Expensive but completely colorless and an instant.

Counter spell.

Artifact Blast.

Nobody expects it.

Or Illumination. Both Sunforger targets.

Falkenrath Aristocrat in Saskia Tokens? A flying, hasty threat that dodges removal and provides a Sac outlet seems good, but I don't know if it's just "goodstuff" and doesn't help the plan

>dodges removal
It's gonna get Pathed and you know it. Spawning Pit is probably a better sac outlet for the deck.

>token and counter doubling not being green.
Go home Maro.

I don't play against much white, oddly. I'm the only one who uses it at my table. I didn't know about Spawning Pit though, so I'll consider that instead.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/149232707838/re-damnation-are-you-able-to-expound-on-to-why

Can we just kill mark rosewater?

Is there anything one can do with Yidris besides Storm and/or Wheels? I want to build something with him, but don't know how to make it somewhat more interesting than those two common archetypes.

Voltron + goodstuff
Deal damage and cast spells to deal more damage and take more combat steps to deal even more damage and cast more spells

>he wasn't joking with the set being built around it comment

>Pie break edition
Speaking on a pure Vorthos level, this is one of my absolute favorite cards.

I was thinking of leaning that way. The notion of having him equipped with Whispersilk Cloak and Elbrus, the Binding Blade seemed lulzy.

>counterspell
>doesn't interact with the stack

Eh, seems reasonable to me. Don't build a set around a single card, and if a card doesn't fit in a set, don't include it.

>wanting a set without planeswalkers
good fucking luck

>Don't build a set around a single card, and if a card doesn't fit in a set, don't include it.

Sure it seems reasonable if you put it in those terms.

The problem is that I don't buy for a fucking second that Damnation is as demanding to include in a supplemental set as Rosewater claims it is.

But I want an Oompa-Loompa Daddy. I want it NOW.

What's the best way to signify bribery counters?

>not posting the objectively superior version

Some form of money, naturally. Gold dollars would be ideal, but half dollars or, most reasonably, quarters would do.

Have fun

Well, it is red.

Make a bunch of rectangles made of green paper the size of a 100 dollar bill, then stack them in a pile and put a 100 dollar bill over it finally use a rubber band to keep them togheter and you have just built yourself a bribery counter!

Recently picked up Marath at my LGS, can I have some reccomendations to get me started on building it?

Maybe try putting mind slash and death cloud in there, people can't have answers to any of your shenanigans, if they have no hands.

Sadistic Hypnotist if you're gonna go that route

Don't shoot the messenger bruh
Besides, next Masterworks series is gonna be spells

So what's your objection to what Maro is saying? And I'm only speaking personally, but practically every set I've seen, one of the first things people ask about is Damnation reprint. So I do believe demand is that high.

I intended that for Maro. Also, is that a fact? Spells would certainly fit Bolas' MO, but...

Hey, it's pentavus guy from last time

Thopter squadron dude, it's basically pentavus 2.

Carrion
Falkenreathe aristocrat
Or /and
Zulaport cutthroat

Don't forget hardened scales! !

Pirate tribal, where your goal is to cascade into booty and impress your opponent's creatures into service aboard your ship. Y'arg!

(I have a list if you need inspiration)

Please post it!

>So what's your objection to what Maro is saying?

In that post? Nothing, because he puts it in basically unobjectionable terms.

The problem isn't what he's saying, the problem is the premise.

You could also make a unobjectionable argument for why sperm whales are great at flying if you decided to define "flying" as "Moving without touching the ground"

The entire premise that Damnation couldn't fit in a set like Eternal Masters without the entire set being built around it is unsupported.