Magic guns for my player!

I'm running a game of anima beyond fantasy and one of my players asked for a gun that he can transform, imagine bolverk from blazblue.

I like to give my players an opportunity to do a solo session for the chance to upgrade their abilities, and I'm coming up on his solo session but i have no sea what to give his magic guns.

He's got a rifle, shotgun and a smg right now, I'm not sure what to give him since I've never run a game with guns before, not even gurps. so I'm not very tacticool.

What are some various upgrades i might give a gunman in a fantasy setting, other than extended clip, improved sight, and other lame ass weapon attachments.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/3ds/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/faqs/71429?page=0#The Shots
youtu.be/B-bTecJv2I8?t=10m14s
youtu.be/dpgIay6nCww?t=1m54s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>extended clip

How fantasy are we talking about here? I'm not familiar with the game.

I can think of some fantasy elements like magically guided bullets, self loading magazines, etc. Maybe an under barrel spear launcher or something?

hmm, the system lends itself to being super anime. like ridiculous amounts. but i try to tone it down a little.

The setting has all the fantasy you can imagine, ancient rituals that can freeze time in a bubble keeping a city from aging for 10,000 years, multiple dimensions. but no gods.

i guess the fantasy stops as planet altering magic, no one man can have all that power.

Adding on. dragons. goose hydras, vampires, magic and mages are commonplace.

Tech wise, no cars or engines exist yet. guns are not common for civilians, even armies rarely have a large supply of guns.

Do the guns run on magic "power" or chemical explosives, and do they shoot woo-woo magic effects or conventional bits of lead?

bits of lead and gunpowder i believe, the only magic is what lets him instantly transform the gun into its different forms

it was a bit much of a headache to think of the technicalities when he asked for it so we just ignored them for the sake of it wasn't a big deal

quick self bump before i head out. ill be back in 6 hours

Ammo belt you put pebbles, sticks or shit in and the next day you pull whatever kind of bullet out

Don't complicate things just give him an upgrade that lets the gun do elemental damage

>MAGIC GUNS!
>When actual medieval firearms are so much more awesome

Here's a list of various upgrades you could have. I'm throwing ideas against the wall, see what sticks.
>Piercing bullets for hitting multiple enemies
>Explosive bullets
>Homing bullets, the kind that can dart around corners
>Bouncing bullets
>Bullets which inflict debuffs (if you need help with ideas for those too, let me know)
>Bullets that can change direction mid-air, once
>Instant hit, can't be dodged
>50% chance of conserving ammo when missing
>Damage/fire speed upgrade with every hit, stacks
>Bullets you can detonate remotely after they've lodged themselves in your foe
>Bullets which create environmental hazards where they hit
>Bullets which buff the user upon hitting the enemy
>Boomerang bullets
>Bullets you can teleport to
>Anything listed above but instead of being constant it's an activated, temporary ability

And that's just for bullets. Though I guess there isn't much to upgrade in a gun beyond clip size, reload rate, fire rate, projectiles fired or recoil.

Prom exxet transformable advantage.
Gunhell ki tech has the stats for a revolver.

If not energy attacks from as said, prom exxet.

Also on tech level and magic.

Low level anima is pretty non magic.
Techwise gaia (human part) is stuck in the renaissance/apex of the spanish empire tech, except absurd high tech from solomon(dead civ), lucanor (nor!german and huge solomon items collector) who in public has things like zepellins with some solomontech. Or imperium who can make demigods at will for shit and giggles.

Also very anachronistic for those wondering.

Tl:dr: get prom exxet and errata, get PPs and havr fun

Why not have a few bullets that aren't magic but seem that way? Uranium bullets would be terribly damaging, hollow lead bullets filled with mercury would basically explode inside the target, wood bullets could reflect off of walls if hit at an angle, bone bullets would shatter inside a target and it'd be more or less impossible to properly remove all the shards, a Prince Rupert's Drop would be another wound that can't be healed, superheated lead balls were actually used to set things on fire, it's theoretically plausible to make a prestressed magnesium bullet that explodes like a flashbang, people used to load multiple rounds into a musket, etc.

All right, hear me out.
Gun-chucks. That can lock to be used as a staff.

Or if you don't want your players to out you as a fag with poor taste, you can take some inspiration from Monster Hunter's ammo.
gamefaqs.com/3ds/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/faqs/71429?page=0#The Shots
youtu.be/B-bTecJv2I8?t=10m14s
youtu.be/dpgIay6nCww?t=1m54s

these are pretty fuckin neato

Modify the weapon so that instead of bullets it shoots various magical effects such as lighting ice or sand.

>Awesome
>Picture depicting it shows gun failing to penetrate armored dude

checked it out, didnt find too many things in there, but a couple powers did catch my eye for other players so thanks for that.

so it does help.

>>Picture depicting it shows gun failing to penetrate armored dude
Naturally. No one can penetrate armored dude except his wife.

>What are some various upgrades i might give a gunman in a fantasy setting, other than extended clip, improved sight, and other lame ass weapon attachments.
I wouldn't write off weapon attachments so quickly. I'm not familiar with Anima so bear with me, but quite mundane attachments could be suitable given a fantasy spin. If I were to go full video game with it, I'd have stuff like Arcane/Crystalline/Elementally enchanted Bayonets, Magic Ammunition Magazines, Under-Barrel Spell Launchers, Byakugan/Sharingan style improved sights, a sight that plays events 5 seconds into the future through it's lens, Teleportation/Summoning Bullets, Laser Sights that affect the target with confusion, bullets that multiply themselves mid air.

My point is in a magical world, the mundane gets magical alternatives, especially if you start thinking from a rule of cool and/or mass options point of view

If you do multiplicative bullets, make them double every range increment. At short range you get 2, mid 4, long 8, and extreme 16.

Then put it on a hand mortar.

This is anally autistic, but I feel that would fall under multiplicative explosives

Yes I exactly the kind of fucker to make my players have to buy a hundred magic DLC with their collected EXP

Fine. Cut down blunderbuss with multiplicative projectiles, turn 8 pellets into 128 pellets.

Flintlock rifle with multiplicative projectiles (line formation) and a magitek scope, hit one guy 16 times in under a second.

Windlass with automatic reloading, automatic recocking, enhanced limbs for more damage and range, penetrating bolt head, explosive bolt shaft, and fletchings that turn to greek fire when slowed from great velocity. Automatic magitek bazooka with HEIAP rounds.

Flintlock rifles everywhere

also, Tiro finale

I wish Mumi put more focus on combat with ribbons - binding, strangling, dislodging joins, you name it.