HFY boasts

We humans don't have fang or claw like tigers of wolves. So we make them in iron and fire.

Now, the tigers and wolves FEAR us

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5G-xMvGH_dI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That applies to elves and dwarves too, though. In fact both of them are more master smith races than humans.

>pic related

And where are they now? Are the prosper in rich and achievements like us? Or are they left forgotten in a far flung corner of the Earth?

user, elves and dwarves arent real.

I'm just pointing out your HFY example is not very good, when the gimmick that gives the advantage is not exclusive to humans nor even mastered by humans.

Meh. Elves and dwarves in most popular fantasy are basically just aspects of humanity taken up to eleven, anyway.

I dare you to find me a fictional race that isn't aspects of humanity taken up to eleven.

But anons are sadly real.

Nids

Our hunger.

Violent monsters that plunder resources til the planet is a dead husk of its former self? Does sound kinda familiar.

>it's treads
I know that the people who make macros usually aren't very smart, but it still really bothers me when they don't have someone proof their text before posting.

youtube.com/watch?v=5G-xMvGH_dI

Here you go OP

Feel free to find a tiger and test that theory.

You do realize there's not enough tigers to check this theory?
I mean we killed so much of them we actually have to keep an eye for them so they don't dissapear.

I know it was said very often, but our strength is stubbornness. At some point a danger becomes a challange, and some people want to complete it. Now I might be wrong here, so please bear with me, but I don't think animals like challanges. They don't climb mountains, or try to fly when they're obviously not meant to. And humans do, just to find out if they can. No matter if someone dies, the rest will take notes and find a way to not die a little bit longer. At some point you find the right way and don't die.

Gave me a hearty kek

It bothered me when I saw it years ago, too, so I made a halfassed fix in Paint. I think I still have it around here somewhere...

I love how HFY always gives us a different view of something we take for granted. It's practically the definition for these stories.

Much better than those idiots who think HFY is just about wanking over humans.

>necromancing this cringey-as-fuck thread

What a very special faggot you must be.

I'm really flattered, but I just don't swing that way, sorry.

>Bolos
Hell yeah
>Fantasy
Why would you fuck up a perfectly fun scifi setting by throwing it into bland generic fantasy?

40K ?

The only faggot here is you user.

This is the sort of awful stuff that makes most people dislike HFY.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE WAAHHHHH!!!!

At least 40k doesn't have its elves living in forests. Also 40k is probably the most hated Veeky Forums related thing on Veeky Forums.

I'm commenting on just how bad this stuff is. Maybe if it wasn't so awful you wouldn't feel compelled to post
>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE WAAAAHHH!!

Or maybe you can fuck off out of threads you have no interest in and stop acting like a child (the only thing compelling me to point out you're being a dick)?

>STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE WAAAAHHH!!

If you're looking for a hugbox, you can go to Reddit.

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE WAAHHHHH!!!!

>still doesn't get the irony of his hypocrisy

Well, keep doing what keeps you happy, I guess, even if it's terrible.

>IF I DON'T LIKE IT, IT'S TERRIBLE WAAAHHHH!!!

>IF I LIKE IT ,IT'S NOT TERRIBLE ARRRRGH MY ASSHOLE

You didn't need to respond to him.

>I'M PROJECTING SO FUCKING HARD MY DEEP DESIRE TO GET FUCKED IN THE ASS IS SLIPPING OUT

Calm yourself down before you get a prolapse.

Our forefathers had bigger brains earlier than the other species.

That's it. That's basically it. Tigers and wolves don't fear you because you have a CCW. They don't know what a gun is. All they know is that they don't have hospitals and you look tall enough that it's not worth the effort of getting into a fight.

None of it fucking applies when you're not the only sapient in the game. Go ahead and try robbing a store with your fangs and claws made in iron and fire. You'll get ventilated. Fucking dumbass.

>Also 40k is probably the most hated Veeky Forums related thing on Veeky Forums.
what ? there's a shitton of 40K threads everyday

>try robbing a store with a gun ?

That's so cringy I had to double-check I wasn't on reddit

The original, in case anyone doesn't know what spawned this meme

So you probably succeed at first (unless you happen to live somewhere guns are commonplace in which case there's a good chance your skull and brain is about to turn into a puddle) but then you have the police on your ass, which makes the little advantage you had irrelevant

The same principle applies to non-human sapients. Everyone else also has "CLAWS AND SCALES FORGED IN FIRE AND CRAFTED OUT OF STEEL", plus since fantasy races are generally humans + something they're also likely to have some substantial advantage like elven magic or dwarven endurance. Heck, stereotypically both dwarves and elves are better at craftmanship, so there goes the whole idea of humans being great because we developed basic metalworking

> ?
Europeans need not apply.

All of them are taking things we already know and looking at them from another perspective. It's inventive, really.

What if Elves never developed a sense of primitive self-preservation because they've always had magic as a weapon? They're fairly content to sit as they are because of it. They never developed a mental foundation for warfare, only maintenance.

And while Dwarves are good at metalworking, they've always been so hardy and in such remote populations that they didn't have to fight against beasts when they can just shut them out. Any injury to them is shrugged off and they carry on. They never feared getting an unlucky hit and dying from it.

But humans, humans were soft, and weak, and easy prey. They had to struggle to survive, working their way up to stone and sticks to take on threats. They had to get creative because their physical or magical talents were lacking. They had their minds. And after generations of fighting and dying and improving, they now have something the other races don't have: the ability to adapt.

Believing all races need to have the same mindset simply because they're humanoid completely neglects the aspects that make them different in the first place.

elves and dwarfs are only what you want them to be

>using a Dwarf for a HFY post

Blast the rainbow?

>I was born without claws, without fangs, without scales
>so I jabbed stuff with sticks

>tiger
>fear us
Tigers dont give a fuck about us, if they are hungry and you are around they will hunt your sorry ass intill they catch and eat you. The reason humans created tools was because they were next to bloody useless at one point in their natural envoierment, this is the main reason why we use tools, because without them we dont got much

This is painfully retarded.

>acting like a child
>gets upset whenever someone complains about hfy