Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Painting is hard edition
Buy a gun for your minis sub edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ITS IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/122287556346
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Horatio Eldars

Cross posting the leaked Tzeentch Daemons start collecting box from the AoS thread.

Let's think of dumb names for the new Dark Eldar

aka

Daerki Aeldari
Aeldari: Grim
Daerki Eldoomi

Aeldarki

Darkies

Aeldûr

ADaerki aaeldariii

Ignores Cover gives a -2 to cover instead, but also has the weapon ignore shrouded. Does this improve or hurt balance and by how much?

Sanctus Reach game looks like absolute shit, that is all. Those Melta Gun animations good lord.

>Spikii Aeldarii

Are you one of the people that think Dominion squads are OP and Broken?

Should I change the Leman Russes to some other variants or am I gonna be fucked no matter what? I'm probably going to be facing meta tournament lists from 6th edition

Anyone ever noticed that the bottom row of Hellfyre missiles are going to slam right into the terminator?

I was wondering how useful this army would be up against my friends necrons? I gave up trying to use harlequins against him :c

Pretty sure that's just the angle of the shot.

Rumour Engine pic. Looks like Grey Knights are coming

Yeah, but they could possibly be in an open front magazine that feeds up so only the top missile fires.

No, I just think the 50multeltas meme is great. I think you're thinking of another Alpharius.

Aeldari Shadowbrought

Don't panic user. Stay calm. The police are on their way.

Good work picking up on that, though. I own the models and I never noticed.

gotta wonder if it's not a red herring, with it just being a dead grey knight terminator decorative bit

Literally have that bit on my desk, I could see this coming and stocked up.

Pirates of the Caribbean.

This comes from my source at GW. You heard it here first, folks.

>terminator armor
>psychic hood
>slot for backbanner
>updated lord of change needs to feature in 40k
>the warp is losing its barriers
>the mad warden returned

there's only 1 (one) possibility here: /our boy/ is getting back home and it's going to free himself from his curse as a narrative plot twist

GK or terminator libby.
But tjis does not feel like real rumor. Everytime they showed something it was part that you could not tell what it is or where does it belong. This is pretty straight forward

To be fair this could be some sort of pilot for a transport or Monstrous Creature walker

I don't know enough about the lore. But could this be a primarch?

I know I'm wrong. I'm just hoping.

No, I just assembled some, it definitely sits below the front of the torso.

More seriously I was more worried about armies with an abundance of long ranged ignores cover and the effects of any amount of long ranged ignores cover on the lightly armoured melee armies that are at the bottom of the ladder.

Draigo in plastic would be pretty cool. His model is easily the best GK they've ever made.

A fluffy salamanders list for your critique
The power weapon command vet ACTUALLY has the Nocturnes Fury relic and Hestan goes where ever best suited.
Thoughts?

Who canonically allies with Dark Eldar?

Just Eldar and Harlequins?

Checked.

List looks good to me. Have fun burning the xenos.

No one will read lists unless they're posted with Listbuilder any more.

The non-drop pod Sternguard join the Inquisitor and ride up in the Chimera. Classic Chimera (Listbuilder DOESN'T support Inquisition, only IA, so I couldn't list the 5-fire-point one). Acolytes help protect the psykana division, which spends the game summoning daemons. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. Vanguard Vets in the Stormraven, remove kebab all over. The one place I'm really lacking still is anti-AV14 (besides the Stormraven, knight sword, and thunder hammers); any suggestions to shore that up?

Tau - with hilarious results.

Tau did, once. With Urien Rakarth of all people I think.

So why do people say that 3 Dreadknights is exceptionally cheese? What breaks them?

Probably because you can't kill them all before at least one gets into CC with your gunline.

To be fair, they had never heard of Urien Rakarth or the Haemonculi before. Think of it as another "Hey guys, we killed Slaanesh!" moment.

Desperate Imperial commanders and governors have been known to hire Dark Eldar as mercenaries, though it often goes badly for the humans in the end. I can see some of the more base, savage Commorites making common cause with Ork pirate fleets as well.

Darkworld: Aeldari

It's going to be an Inquisitor in Grey Knight armor.
Calling it now.

Also that pistol teaser goes with it.

Drop the Razorback down to a Drop Pod, give the Devs a Rhino. Don't mix the Flamers and Combi-meltas on the Tacticals.

Where are you going to play that? ITC limits you to 3 detachments, and who the fuck is going to play against WAAC garbage like that outside a tournament?

>ITC
>relevant to anything but 1% of the playerbase
Pick one

So not that the dust has settled (somewhat), what is generally regarded as the best way to run TS? Is committing to their Grand Cabal worthwhile or are you better off just using a CAD? The Bonuses of the Decurion aeem relatively minor

>ITC
>relevant

>no grav
>no bikes
>vanguard vets
>shitty SM flyers
>"WAAC"

What the fuck game do you play?

It's the alternate to my main list, which can't be built in the shit listbuilder these threads are obsessed with (and is ITC legal, though competitive play is the second worst cancer in 40k). This is for a group that doesn't have near as much concern and absolutely can kick its ass.

I'm just running a CAD, but I generally steer clear of formation.

Also, should add that I rarely win games. This has more to do with me being bad, rather than the army sucking, though.

There is really no good way to run TS that actually feels like you're playing TS. Rubrics are worse than Ork-tier.

Potato/10.

Well this sure popped up early.

Can anyone make anything out of that? Can't read shit.

It's only a week or two out user

Left is one Dire Avengers squad, one Incubi squad, one Wych squad. Right is either twk or three Wych squads and Harlequin troupes, plus one line I can't make out from CWE. No idea on the bonuses.

>No one will read lists unless they're posted with Listbuilder any more.
I don't read list builder lists. They're much more irritating than the mediocre efforts most text lists put into formatting.

>Restrictions
>None
We cheesing it up now son.

>a week or two
Seriously? Is that just speculation or do we have a date that I missed?

As someone with only a 1500 point thousand sons army. Let me give you my mostly unqualified opinion...

Play thousand sons because ;
The fluff is great.
The models are great.
You enjoy the psychic phase.
You can have fun even when you aren't winning.

If you like the formations. Take them. They won't make you win that many more games.

Wait.... those are Slaaneshi crab hand bitches. Are the new models or are they the same as the old ones?

Well, you (general you) never gave feedback on any of the several threads I posted my main list in text. At least the listbuilder one was acknowledged even if it was a shitpost.

GW have described it as imminent and their previews/trailers usually go up two weeks before preorders. Educated guess would say that it's up for preorders next weekend, then the AoS stuff follows that in mid-late Feb

hnnnngh

That pimpmaster and his incubi are awesome.

Pretty good. Not a fan of the stupid plastic horrors but I can use everything else for muh chaos

So I'm reading Xenos right now.
SPOILERS!

There's Eisenhorn, an inquisitor, a professional. He's supposed to be the elite against heresy and xenos. How come he is scared of everything? Scared of a single Chaos Marine, scared of a human Psyker, scared of Saruthi. Is that the Imperium's elite?

Shadow the Space Elfs

>Terminator Libtarian has 3 plastic models already
>let's give them one more!

Do you think the one herald includes the one you get with the chariot kit?
Perhaps it has two of them in it.

Best way to run "Thousand Sons" is Magnus in a CAD with Typhus and Plague Zombies.

Rubrics are Ork-tier. CAD is probably better since, as you said, the bonuses are fairly minor.

The army sucks.

Yes, I'm thinking its the one that comes with the chariot.

ITC is the single most common tournament ruleset.

Daemon-summoning as anyone other than Chaos is WAAC, anti-fluff cancer.

Speaking of, where is that big sisters update they were crowing about?

Looks like they got left for dead again.
Celestine got moved in to an allies only codex, sisters are about as relevant as faction as the jokaero right now, they're nothing but a meme army!

A single Space Marine is scary as fuck. A lot of 40k fluff combat involves Space Marines fighting other Space Marine-tier enemies, which makes them look less powerful.

Psykers are scary as fuck, too. As are unknown xenos.

how's my list tg? going for a fluffy-ish armoured patrol but it feels lacking

Did you really think that sisters would get nice things?

Yes for sure. Seems like a shitty deal compared to some start collecting kits. You'll also have to buy blue and brimstone horrors separately by the looks of it. Meh maybe the rules will be good.

>what is extreme Xanthism?
>what are daemonhosts (an elite choice I would've taken if I had points)?
Fluffy. Maybe not as fluffy as Generic Representation of Ultramarines #40000, but fluffy.

>Daemon-summoning as anyone other than Chaos is WAAC
>What is forging the narritive?
ITC has rotted this poor man's mind.

>what is extreme Xanthism?
Chaos. Welcome to the fold.

I think you are ignoring just how terrifying all of those things are to a single human.
That noise marine would have murdered him outright were it not for the book.
That human psyker child would have made him blow his own head off were it not for his senior.
The saruthi are an entire race of chaos mutated xenos, and he was tromping on their turf.

Malys with Wyches
Visarch with Incubi
mmmhhh....

Yeah, I'm sure that Knight and those Astartes won't have an issue with the Inquisitor damning that entire planet.

There's a world of difference between creating daemonhosts and just summoning daemons willy-nilly.

It's an 1850 point list, you could easily fit a daemonhost in there if fluff and not WAAC was your objective.

I was thinking I'd do a little unboxing, but I don't feel like dick-waving all that much. When is the new Made to Order line due?

>it is a known thing especially in the Inquisition for inquisitors to summon and bind daemons
>doing so in the game is WAAC
user, you need to stop. You sound like the people who scream that drop pod assault is OP, despite being in the game since 4e and earlier.

Assuming you don't build the Chariot
>Herald (on or off Disk)
>Exalted Flamer
>3× Flamer
>5× Screamers (3+2 from Burning Chariot)
>3× Blue Horrors
>10× Pink Horrors

I mean it's not bad. Would've liked the Blues/Brimstones included, but that would've been too much to ask for.

Facing Orks.

How fucked is him?

Give a single canon example of an Inquisitor making use of mass daemon footsoldiers alongside loyalist astartes forces.

Did... did you just list tailor against orks?

People are finally going to be able to field their wyches why is there no hype for this.

Nop just added marines to my usual MSU SoB.

Any thoughts on this find?

ebay.co.uk/itm/122287556346

>MSU of Sisters with Flamers in MM Immolators.

No that's just how Sisters run.
It's a natural Rock to Orks Scissors

>people who use military models to play IG

I received a fuckload of Marines models as a gift recently, and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this weapon?
Also, no vehicles to be seen in the whole mallet. What should I buy? Drop-pods, Rhinos, Land Raiders?
Also, they're painted as Black Templars right now, but the paintjob is quite shitty for the most part (pic related) so I was planning on repaint them when I have the time to. Any advice on this?

>Chaos with a loyalist codex
Probably works better than CSM, honestly.
I mean, depending how far you want me to forge the narrative, I can make it make sense in a way that doesn't involve leaps of logic. Red Hunters are dedicated to Inquisitorial service and mind-wiped after their missions... *by* Inquisition. If an extremist/rogue inquisitor were able to get a detachment under their "care", they could handle the reprogramming in a more beneficial way. Renegade Knights are well-known enough to have an entire game dedicated to them, and dependent on the culture of the Knight World, fealty to a "lord" may supersede religious concerns at the start of the two's relationship. Chaos is a slow and insidious decline, and few realize how far they've fallen until they hit the bottom. I don't see a reason why a Knight Scion would be any different. They're not perfext explanations, but each individual piece has precedence; it's just combining everything together that's dicey.
Loyalist codices for a renegade Inquisitor, basically.

I also already have that Knight sitting around unused in any of my lists. This seemed as good as any.

Heavy flamer

>trusting the rumours about sisters ever
they've been crowing about "sisters soon!" for the past TEN YEARS

Makes an interesting list. This is with no extra models otherwise paradox and extra horror instead of endless grimorie for guaranteed summoning on 5 dice. Still tho 4 WC might be able to get you back that flamer or chariot in just a 500 point noob game. If the formation for this set is good it might be too good.