Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

New Gods, Old Gods, Middle Age Gods:

What sort of deities have your characters worshiped? What Deities have you created? Discovered? Became?

>FRIENDLY REMINDER: If you need help with a build or character creation, mention what 1st and 3rd-party sources you're allowed! You can't complain if we offer Path of War or Spheres of Power if you never said that you were limited to 1st-party, after all!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MC0S60Gp5rM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The deity that helps me shed the blood of the saxon men
GLORY TO THE KING OF FRANKS

There is only one deity for me.

I shed the blood of saxon mem.

How many saxon men?

>mfw no Saxon men in Golarion to shed the blood of

Newest character I've played worships Erastil. Devoutly, too; I haven't played a devoted worshiper of anything in a long time.

He fully believes people should court, marry, and better their community while raising several children, that both their legacy and their land improves with every generation right alongside their neighbors.

400 saxon mem!

Damn
Thats like
20 pagan villages right there

Not enough pagan blood was sheded that day.
youtu.be/MC0S60Gp5rM

Tell me about your party's antics /pfg/!

W-Where do you shed the blood of Saxon men?

it is amazing that christopher lee was literally a secret agent that inflintrated into germany and killed nazis while doing it

>half your party is gay or lesbian adulterers who don't want kids in 3...2...1...

I'm having a staff with my GM about something and I need a voice of reason. I'm playing a half elf, does that mean that due to the elf blood racial trait I can use elven weapons as martial?

if you don't have the alternate racial trait for it, then no, you can't

Is piercing thunder worth a trait for a harbringer? I kind of want it but the kicker is that I'm not a huge fan of going omen rider.

That's the one manga with the Elf that's trying to loose weight because she's addicted to french fries right?

TenRyuJin!

Now featuring a dark elf with a huge ass.

Yeah, when I saw that pose in the newest chapter I just had to. I mean look at them.

I'm not even into "thicc" as y'all call it tastewise, I just find it funny s'all.

>Dark Elf with a huge ass

My WotR character will likely become the god of dark knights by the end of campaign
Domains: Law, Magic, Trickery, War
Subdomains: Ambush, Arcane, Divine, Tactics

The monk has dimension door dude. Abundant step pounces will fuck your shit up. There is like no way to keep the monk from turning your face into pulp. Plus the saves are good.

>does that mean that due to the elf blood racial trait I can use elven weapons as martial?

>elven blood
>Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Do you think half-elves should be able to receive free immunity to sleep, +2 racial bonus on perception, +2 dex, +2int, -2 con, and a floating free +2, skilled, free bonus feat, elven magic, and low light vision as well?

Ok so I've noticed that pfg games really hate overoptimization with a passion. So if one were interested in joining a game of yours, am I better off going with a slightly suboptimal PC that may end up being a liability, or one thats on the optimized side but sand bags massively?

Fun fact:
The reason why he was so fixated in Charlemagne was that his family is heir to a minor noble of said kaizer's court.
I like to think he lied on that and he found out he was a direct descendant.

Yes.
>if one were interested in joining a game of yours
Then they should see a psychiatrist.

In /osrg/
Charlemagne fantasy historical setting for AD&D.

The character I'm working on might become the (minor spoilers) High King of Sarkoris.

So it takes before the downfall of Sarkoris or after Wrath of the Righteous?

>Wizard wins init because wizard
>Casts dimension door 800 ft in random direction
>Starts summoning shit to kill the monk or enhances his defenses to the point where time is on his side
The monk will never pass the Per check to even find the wizard, and if he feels like being a dildo he can even do cruel shit like drop quickened silent images of himself standing around all over the place as he continues to teleport randomly.

After, of course! This is all epilogue stuff and the fact I'm making him a Kellid empowered by the patron goddess Pulura.

It is a cool idea but its more dramatic if you play it before then you play Wrath and at some point your PC finds a statue of your older Pc in his days of glory.
"Who was he? "
" A man that belonged to an age of wonders in a realm of legends. His name may be forgotten but his deeds never will. "

The statue has been corrupted, the lands defiled by the demonic taint, yet oral tradition still carries the PC's legend through song and story.

Alas, this campaign is not a prequel to the Worldwound, for now I am simply yet another lost soul among a wandering people, the diaspora still clinging to hopes that one day their homeland will be restored and justice shall be given thrice-over.

I love how the dark elf wants to slim her bum isn't because she's embarrassed by it. but because her magic gear doesn't fit anymore.

Piercing Thunder is usable. And... that's pretty much it. It doesn't even get mildly interesting until you hit 4th level maneuvers, its stances by and large work better as feats or class features, and overall its utility is pretty damn limited. So mechanically, it's pretty anus.

Keep watching this space
Not going to do Healer's Handbook though since it was already leaked.

Please be Qadira book.

Please be Courtly Politics.

>you can charge as a standard action if you have already moved
No, you can charge as a standard action ONLY if you were restricted to only a standard action for your turn.

I ain't some kind of time mage like Shareanon, I don't have that one.

>mfw two days until the first RotJR session

Not until February, my man. Still a ways to go, and people are still working on finalizing their characters and accepting a few of their own poor choices!
Starts the day after my Birthday!

What kind of poor choices? I want to know for fun! It's not even for rumormongering, since I got into a RotJR game too!

That's an awesome birthday present, user. I'm happy for you! Which group are you in?

Having two relatively active classes that use subsystems the player has never EVER used before! Thankfully it's hard to fuck up PoW!

What happened to the translations of Nozaki-kun anyways? Don't think I've seen one since before xmas?

So for Welcome To The Jungle I have been building things out. The Eidolon handles dex skills, the familiar knowledges, and my character manages cha skills.

I'm considering changing the familiar to a mascot since I bring a whole team to buff myself and just saying "someone else can do knowledges".

was the jungle always quiet until guu?

And I realized strength based animal companions are just plain shit at skills.

Why is it so hard to write sad scenes

I was doing some write ups for a Steel Ball Run style game to run for friends, and realized something.

In Steel Ball Run there are 11 Saint's Parts, which is absolutely perfect. Each Saint's Part gives a mythic rank when possessed up to 10. If someone attains all 11 Saint's Parts it puts them over the threshold to attain godhood.

It's great.

Because you need either practice or instruction.

>Animal companions are shit at skills

Who would have thought that 2 int doesn't lend itself to good skills?

No, because most half-elves weren't raised in an Elvish society, so they don't get the Elvish Weapon Familiarity racial feature.

Granted, there is a feat where you can choose to gain that racial feature.

Not 100% sure who's saying what, but for those who don't know, half-elves can give up Adaptability for Elvish Weapon Familiarity. Elf Blood allows half-elves to choose the Human or Elf FCB, to be the target of spells that specify human only or elf only, to qualify for race locked traits, feats, and archetypes that specify elf or human, or to use equipment that is intended for either of those races.

Which would you say is better: a level 5 Gunslinger, or a Far Strike Monk 2/Trench Fighter 3? Sure the latter misses out on grit and deeds, but on the upside it has way more feats.

I'd say go with the second, and pick up Amateur Gunslinger with one of those extra feats.

When I get magical tattoos, how do I protect them from the Erase spell?

I once made a drow cleric of Eilistraee in 3.0.

My last PF cleric was an elven cleric of Desna.

Why are players so unwilling to feel any emotion during gameplay besides anger?

Even when their character is in danger, when longtime NPCs die, anything, all players do is get pissed at something or another.

Fear, happiness, sadness, nothing.

I need to get new players.

>I need to get new players.

Yeah basically

See

I once had an Inquisitor of Tiamat. Kept his worship on the down-low though, but mostly it was just that nobody asked. Had this whole thing planned, was gonna say he worshiped "The Mother", and he would only attack dragons if they were metallic or if they stated they "loved their mother", otherwise he wouldn't touch 'em. Eventually as we'd level his dragon powers would've manifested and FINALLY someone would start asking questions, but it never got to that point sadly.

There was also that time my Paladin became a god of the Fey but that was in 5e.

Presumably by wearing some actual clothes.

Alrighty boyos, I'll be dumping this. Don't mind me if I'm not talking too much while it's going.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

Well, Gunslinger is all around pretty underwhelming, so I would say to avoid it.

Trench Fighter's Dex to damage is pretty hard to get elsewhere, but I would say to also combine that with something like Eldritch Guardian for basically a straight upgrade from base fighter, or if you can use PoW, the Myrmidon archetype for another more thorough upgrade. The one thing that you want to *keep* from the base Fighter is weapon training, because advanced weapon training (via feats and weapon training class feature) can give you a bunch of neat abilities.

You'll have a bigger overall problem, though, which is that guns in PF suck and are really expensive. Getting a magic item of Abundant Ammunition can help a lot with the expensive part, but not with stuff like your guns breaking on every natural 1 you roll (which will happen more and more as you get more attacks) and the absurd reload times.

Unfortunately, the stuff that makes guns work well enough to not be a big hassle is almost all third party, like the gunsmoke mystic from PoW:E.

That's silly!

You're silly for wanting to be nekkid!

Oh my god it's a Ponyta!

source?

"the internet"

>Watching Taldor

That is LITERALLY the "Veteran of Battle" trait.

>Wisdom in place of Charisma for Diplimacy

W E W

>Empathic Diplomat

>Wisdom replace Charisma for Diplomacy

BUENO

chafags BTFO

>Merchant Academies
>Sub-levels for being a merchant or merchant partner

QADIRAN MERCHANT CAMPAIGN

W
H
E
N

Is it just me, or does the openness with which Paizo likes to present how Qadirans obsess over women and daughters like 19th century America obsessed over men a little odd?

Like, Brevoy is explicitly patriarchal and it never got half as much emphasis as Qadira.

Probably to prove that they're enlightened and not "sexist". Because to Paizo, sexism is a one-way thing where men keep women down.

where are you getting this from?

oh quiet.