Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

REEEEE ITC and anti-ITC go away edition.
12 scatbikes and warpspiders is tame sub edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ITS IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

1st for Biel Tan utterly destroyed

old thread died

a sense a theme of 'everyone losing, but not really' going to happen to all factions

I HAVE A VISION

calling it now, some warp bullshit pushes the nids out and away but a splinter fleet gets 'stranded' in our galaxy

necrons dont wake up and/or the flayer virus fucks shit up and most of the crons/tomb worlds are effectively useless

orks get caught in a daemonic push that wipes a bunch of them but stems the daemon tide so both factions are also effectively in reduced fighting strength.

siege of terra 2: electic boogaloo ends with terra mostly intact, imperium sundered, chaos fucked up, eldar did fuck all but will be shoe horned in EVERYWHERE.

the timeline freezes at 1 second to midnight with all the forces shattered and on the back foot and the eye expanding and the emperor reborn. The story ends with all the factions trying to regroup to prepare for

WARHAMMER 40,000 AGE OF THE EMPEROR
A Wargame set after the Time of Ending of the 41 Millennium. Factions strive to survive and piece back together their ways of life. Look forward to exciting new Citadel Miniature range and a more streamlined method of gameplay to enjoy more games with your friends!

I guess so. Sucks, but hey, the rags werent too khornate anyway. Any ideas on making them more khorny ?

>utterly destroyed
>Utterly
>Udder

Eldar confirmed for max cheese. And they'll really milk this shit too

MUH TRYPTOPHOBIA

Well I was going to tell you but then you posted gore so I won't help you anymore.

>'everyone losing, but not really'
Pretty much. There won't be an Age of the Emperor, though. We're essentially just going to be stuck in End Time mode for the foreseeable future. There's no reason to Sigmarize 40k when it's still making money Jew claw over curled Jew claw.

I hope IA14 lets these glorious bastards through mostly intact, and the Vulturax. I need more beep boops.

Also hoping that the Admech actually get to use some of their toys in future campaigns rather than showing up to CADIA with a bunch of shitty normal Skitarii. Where's the Ordinatii Minoris, the Ordo Reductor warfleets, the Speranza's little brothers, the Cult Mech, even?

Archmagos bloody Dominus with no Cybernetica, it's a travesty.

>googled tryptophobia
>Fucking nope
user why did you do this to me

Have we ever got art/minifigs of the Iron Men who rebelled against their Human overlords?

What anti tank options do nids have outside of flyrants?

>gore
Come on, they are Khorne Renegades, what did you expect? Im waiting for Blood for the Blood God paint myself, and some Fantasy zombies myself. Gonna make some fun heads for my chimeras and vets.

So how many scatbikes is tame?

One per 3.

"Listbuilder is still shit" edition, seeking non shitpost response.

The non-drop pod Sternguard join the Inquisitor and ride up in the Chimera. Classic Chimera (Listbuilder DOESN'T support Inquisition, only IA, so I couldn't list the 5-fire-point one). Acolytes help protect the psykana division, which spends the game summoning daemons. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. Vanguard Vets in the Stormraven, remove kebab all over. The one place I'm really lacking still is anti-AV14 (besides the Stormraven, knight sword, and thunder hammers); any suggestions to shore that up?

it's not ITC legal, my local community vehemently hates ITC so that isn't a concern

ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE I2!

>with each new Gathering Storm book they are destroying 40k piece by piece

GW... please... stop... it's not too late...

What's a nice little allied necron force that can fit in most armies?

I was thinking a cryptek in a scythe with a troops choice seems nice, can fly in and be bulky and mostly ignore any negativity effects of being Bad friends with the main detachment

Any Cron players have any suggestions?

In 30k. Go over there

Thank god. AoS this boitch up

Everyone assumes they won't Sigmarize 40K because 40K makes a pile of dosh for GW.

But what seems to be missed is that when GW pulled the plug on Fantasy and remade it into AoS, their profits on the Fantasy/AoS range skyrocketed.

It is very easy to image corporate executives sitting there and thinking that exactly the same thing would happen if they did the same to 40K.

And for all we know, they're right.

If they actually do go for Age of the Emperor, there's an obvious climax to the whole thing.

>Abba-dabba-do's Black Crusade reaches Terra
>Unbelievably huge battle results
>Abby Road breaks into Throne room
>Plunges his claw right into Emps
>Moment of silence
>Emperor reborn
>Psychic flames engulf all of Terra, burning away heretics and Daemons
>Entire Crusade destroyed
>Tyranids blown the fuck off course
>Astronomincon burns a thousand times brighter, illuminating new pathways through the Warp, allowing faster and safer travel
>Humanity given one last, desperate hope of survival

Basically no matter how much the other factions rise up/conquer, this more or less resets things, and gives them a chance to make an Emperor mini.

How do i beat Emperor's Children as Dark Eldar?
Sonic weapons ignore my Jink saves and the +1S of the Kakophoni means my vehicles get fucked up

>And nothing of value was lost.

That'd work. If you're not adverse to special characters, Szeras with a squad of immortals in a scythe would be a good fit. Otherwise, there's a few formations to choose from if you wanted more power out of it.

>botch

>make an Emperor mini.

And it will cost the net worth of a major European power to buy.

I play both types of Admech. Just wondering where the fuck they all are. Agripinaa sent one of the largest Skitarii armies in the galaxy to help, not one in their colours? I would expect the Reductor to be all over this shit, too.

I would hope a corporate executive is smart enough to realize you can't replicate the same percentage gains on something as high selling as 40k compared to something as low selling as AoS.

If they had $1 for WHFB sales, turning that $1 into $100 with AoS is great. But you're not going to turn 40K's $10,000 into $1,000,000 by AoS-ifying it.

Pointing out that daemon summonspam is WAAC garbage, especially non-Chaos daemon summonspam, isn't not shitposting.

Frost blades are chainswords, right? Chainswords with special teeth (and possible other modifications). Why are frost axes some "alien ice" instead of chainaxes with special teeth (and possible other modifications)?

Thoughts on this retardation for a 1750 list?

Nobz in each squad, the image is missing from the list builder.

Alright anons, how would you unshit Rubrics, SOTS and TS formations?

No point changes!

> Euro fags
> powerful
Oxymoron.

Honestly though, why not? Why wouldn't drastically simplifying the ruleset and bringing out some new minis based around new fluff not increase sales?

There's an element of Devil's Advocate here (I'm not sure I actually want them to do this, even though as an Ork player I have no attachment to the current ruleset). But it's by no means certain that AoSing 40K would result in it going down the toilet. There's very real evidence that the exact opposite would happen.

Not the user you were responding to but, I like my overly complex rule system.

Because the special-est of snowflake chapters needs super special snowflake weapons made of chunks of literal special snowflakes.

I have no idea what the rules for any of those are and the "TS are shit" thing I've also only ever seen in these generals but free upgrades can never be wrong.

Because AoS still hasn't outsold 40k.

So did the whfb crowd.
Where did that get them.

>GW has released one gathering storm book.
>this one book triggered my autism.
>this lead to me creating b8 post after b8 post.

Cool post user. Want to bring it to the white house?

>all these literal man children that can't embrace change
>they want 40k to stagnate forever and will bitch about everything no matter what GW does
Go play vanilla wow private servers you nostalgic faggots

Got them to shit post in the 40k generals about how every change is going to kill 40k

Why isn't the Painboy on a Bike?

You'll have a hard time against MCs, and Ignore Cover invalidates the entire army. Still, it's a lot of bodies.

I'm ok with some complexity, but I feel it's gotten out of hand at this point.

Well we don't know what is and isn't outselling anything, apart from AoS being more successful than Fantasy.

But that in itself means nothing in the context of the discussion. GW looking at what AoS did for their Fantasy profits could easily conclude that they could replicate that with 40K.

Plus it's not even that complicated.
It's just so. Fucking. Dense.
You should not need to reference 3 or 4 books to make your army, and to check your weapons rules, and to explain your formations, and have fucking armies that are still 'totally legal!!!1!- love GW' that are designed (often badly) for the last edition.

>minifigs

>Well we don't know what is and isn't outselling anything

Maybe you don't. Some of us are smart enough to know how to view their public investors' reports and how to interpret financial statements.

Well Fantasy had the problem of current 40k bloat for bloat sake and armies that where outright broken. With games ending because your wizard die or you didn't bring a wizard.

Rules incompetence, making smaller sets but requiring higher model counts.

They are making the same mistakes of fantasy with 40k. The only saving grace of it. It's huge size and popularity. Wonder how long can shills alone support it.

thanks for looking out for your tyranid bros

Is there a thread on Veeky Forums regarding anything GW related that is free from their shitposting?

Well Veeky Forums was born due to 40k shitposting in /b/

I mean they make threads every now and then specifically shitposting about this subject so no

40k still sells and 7th edition is good. They released several new factions last year.

A streamlining wouldn't be bad. Having not actually played a game of AoS I can't speak for if it really does improve the experience or not.

40k seems larger than fantasy ever was so it seems to cut it down in rules terms would be more difficult.

No, you need to realize tho that even when fantasy still existed they hated the 40k crowd. I'm frankly happy to see those holier than thou faggots laid low, they never gave a fuck about 40k and now they just wanna bitch because our version of warhammer is and always will be superior

I was actually thinking of the retarded Legion of the Damned 6th edition supplement (which included a warning IN THE FUCKING BOOK) that using it exclusively would result in a first turn tabling; and their weak ass cope out in the Imperial Agents book that revealed how GW didn't have the stones to just say "yes, these old shit tier codices (MT, Inquisition, SoB, etc) are out of date and replaced by rules in this book. Get over it"

be lucky you are *in* here
outside the 40kgeneral the 40k is terribad,infinitywarmachinexwing is so much better for realz, guys crowd is still out in force

WS/BS/S/T 4, 1 wound, ld 10 3+
AP3 Bolter, Aura of Dark Glory(5++), Sorcerer with Force Stave that is ML 1 but has to take Tzeentch. They are Fearless, Slow and Purposeful, Veterans and have to take Mark of Tzeentch.

Each Rubricae costs 23 points. They can pay 7pts swap out their AP3 bolter to for S4 AP 4 flamer that give enemies FNP on passed T tests, or pay 25 points for S5AP3 Heavy 4 Rending canon, if you have 9 dudes.

That means that you pay more than 250 points for ten guys and Soulreaper canon.

wip thread is pretty good for 40k chat that isnt autistic and pol

>setting based entirely on the premise of endless over-the-top apocalyptic cosmic warfare
>nothing relevant ever actually gets blown up
>GW finally goes "hey maybe that's retarded and we should blow some shit up like the good old days"
>faggot frogposter on Veeky Forums whining about it
You are the cancer.

why doesn't 40k have ammo?

40k is the one true game.

>250 points

150+5*23+25=290, to be exact.

Lots of book keeping for little benefit.

There actually is a scenario in the Leviathan book that has a ammo rule you could use that if you wanted to simulate it

Opinion noted. What army do you play, again?

Any input on the posed question?

at the very least reloading might be an interesting mechanic for some of the heavier weapons - it works in xcom

Blow up Armageddon.

Not the bloody planet that holds the warp at bay or at least do it in two books. So it doesn't look like a rushed up job

You might only get 5 turns in a single game.

Because the Space Wolves literally figured out how to weaponize their Snowflake Status

With the +1S to Salamander's flamer from the supplement, is it a good idea to take a 5 man Sternguard with flamers rather than combi-flamers? Or is the special ammunition too good to pass up over S5 flamers?

>implying
>glue arguments
>shitty models with 5 MB jpegs
>resize your shit faggot
>no i refuse stop complaining about image sizes faggot
>put a church on your base
>thin ya paints thin ya paints thin ya paints

WIP is just as bad

>The one place I'm really lacking still is anti-AV14 (besides the Stormraven, knight sword, and thunder hammers); any suggestions to shore that up?
You've got three different solutions plus summoning toolbox for one niche, rare problem and you're asking for more ways to fit that in your list? What?

Squad size game. Maybe in smaller games it could work. Other wise it would be even more pointless book keeping

60 dollars isn't that much

what are you, a europoor?

I know, and most games are over by turn 3 - doesn't mean it can't be interesting

I agree they probably should have had a longer campaign taking out Cadia but I'll take destruction over not-destruction.

I can't wait to see what the Tyranids Gathering Storm event is.

GW made it very clear even before this that Chaos would be fucking up realspace. Blowing up Cadia proves they are doing exactly that.

Leave Armageddon for the Orkz. They could use a planet or 5 to destroy.

>Is there a thread on Veeky Forums regarding anything GW related that is free from their faggottry and b8ing?

Hahahahahaha!! Oh wait he's serious....

There is no escaping this shit, user. There will always be retard around here, because they get rewarded for their behaviour.

Is fucked, that you can't even have a decent discussion about plastic army men on a Himalayan goat herding forum, without dipshits and SJW's trying to shit it up for everyone.

Newcomer here.
I want to run small games like 750-1000 points and Kill Team.
Is Start Collecting + Armoured Assault a decent way to start an army or should I double the SC box of my choose?
Also which faction among Space Wolves, Tau, Tyranids and Necrons would benefits the most from setting up an army this way?

in fairness you do need to thin your paints

I'm not seeing how it would be, other than nerfing the usefulness of heavy weapons. Plus a lot of weapons outside the imperium don't even need to reload.

there was something similar in 2nd, rapidfiring weapons like heavy bolters and assault cannons could jam and did not fire next turn because they had to be unjammed.

except the assault cannon. that one could blow up
some things require a lot of bookkeeping especially if you thinkabout how many heavy bolters there can be (thats why the edition came with 2.5trees worth of paper markers. Do not want to go there again)

Add the following to the Thousand Sons detachment benefits, and make it so that Blessing of Tzeentch procs if a psyker in the unit casts a spell-
>Tutelaries- All psykers in a Thousand Sons detachment may reroll failed attempts to harness Warp Charge. All dice must be rerolled.

War Cabal grants Preferred Enemy for Oracular Guidance instead of re-roll 1's to Hit.

Tzeentch's Firestorm inflicts a S: 9 AP:2 hit on the model under the Blast Templates hole, otherwise it's S: 4 AP: 3. Siphon Magic lets the user cast an additional Witchfire spell that turn AND that spell can be the same as a Witchfire spell already cast that turn. Gaze of Magnus gets a note put on it that it can only be used once per turn (or not, it's absurdly WC intensive).

Aspiring Sorcerer is replaced with a regular Sorcerer with Aura of Dark Glory who just lacks Independent Character. He can buy additional Mastery Levels as usual. Cost of the unit remains the same. Warpflamers gain Torrent (I'd rather make them free, but no point changes).

Scarab Occult Sorcerer can buy an additional ML. Scarab Occult are armed with the Prosperine Khopesh (S: +1 AP: 3 Rending). Hellfyre Missile Launcher goes to AP:2 , Soulreaper Cannon gains Shred.

Regular Sorcerers have access to Divination and Telekinesis.

It does, Ork Stompa.

doubt you will get to fire that short range flamers more then once

>Leave Armageddon for the Orkz
I want a gathering storm where the Orks wreak the nids completely; and chaos spills out of that grey knights world they fought the nids on

>>without dipshits
>>contaminates GLORIOUS EMPRAH DADDY TRUMP with that weak chinned smegma sniffer no gel forage

GET EM OUTTA HERE

orks actually might be the only race that can fight the war of attrition that the nids force.

That's a great way to start an army. Tyranids would be cool because space dino bugs are cool. But, serious pick which ever faction you like the minis of.

That's a great way to start, user.

I can't speak for most of the armies. But out of the ones you listed, I know that the Necron one would work well. The only thing missing would be immortals. They are a great source of AP3.

Flamers for them are still 5 points, right?
That's a 50% discount cover a combi-weapon.

How many additional termagaunts should i buy?

Summoning isn't exactly a reliable option for me. I play frequently against Skyhammer spam/other drop pod "fun" that'll ensure the Psykana doesn't make it past turn 2, or if it does, the Commissars making them usable won't. The Knight is solid but more easily tarpitted than I'd like for a reliable AV platform, and a single lascannon is not going to kill a Land Raider or 5 Russes. Vanguards are a single squad and, see above: 5 tanks.

I'm not as concerned about high volume of fire as I normally would be, lots of power armor except the Guard guys. But trusting my anti tank to "don't get tarpitted, don't let them roll any hits at all on flak armor bodies, and make one shot a turn" isn't really my idea of reliable.

Maybe I'm asking too much. Maybe "you'll see riptides/skyhammer grav/if we ever get an eldar player, a Wraithknight" is getting to me. My other list is more "reasonable". I mentioned in the last thread that I only added the Knight because I have it and never use it; otherwise I'd have an Armored Task Force in its place.

Have you heard of a place called the Octavius system, user..?

>doubt you will get to fire that short range flamers more then once

So that's a no? I mean, the combi flamers are just as short, and if they're drop podding in they're going to be close anyway.

>some things require a lot of bookkeeping especially if you thinkabout how many heavy bolters there can be (thats why the edition came with 2.5trees worth of paper markers. Do not want to go there again)
I guess I've always thought of 40k in the same breath as other wargames and rpgs - the idea of playing 40k with more complex rules or even a version where it isn't competitive and has a GM just seems I dunno
Something about 40k being a game where there is no hidden information kinda get to me a bit

>No point changes!
That would be the easiest. But fine

Apply as many/as few as you wish

>Any unit that gets a blessing cast on it gets +1 to their Invulnerable save.
Reworked to
>Any unit that gets a blessing cast on it may roll their Invulnerable Save in addition to their Armour or Cover Save

>All Slow and Purposeful units get Relentless (and lose Slow and Purposeful) so long as there is a Psyker in their unit.

>Thousand Son Flamers are AP3

>Units hit by Soulreapers cannot have other units Deny the Witch for them, and must reroll successful Deny the Witch attempts.

>All Psykers in a Thousand Sons detachment get Spell Familiars for free

Immortals are ap 4. You're thinking of destroyers.

Here's the rewrite I am working on. The only thing that potentially has me concerned is 5++ Cultists being really annoying but other than that I feel this is far more internally balanced, with less emphasis on Magnus and more on the Thousand Sons themselves. I did what I could to avoid adding "new units" while taking some previous suggestions and toning down certain stuff. I might add Possessed as an option for the Metamorphic Mob and just give everything in it Bestial Fury. It's an interesting thought either way.