/swg/ - Star Wars General - Jedha Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJR9WNQvRCg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the bf

Boring force-user?

do NOT bully Kylo

That statement is redundant

*my bf

get away from my bf you fucking slut

you watch your mouth, Force users are cute

He's so cute when he's angry lol

What the fuck is going on in here

I know this thread is mainly for game stuff, but just figured I would ask. Any of the Star Wars comics worth reading?

Autism!

MORE LIKE KYLO NO-FRIENDS

Just like any others, you've got good and bad Star Wars comics.

Marvel's stuff they've put out since they got the license back at the end of 2014 has mostly been solid, with even the worst being simply kinda there and not actively stupid like some of their mainline stuff has been in the same time period.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A new, mutated form of Roshposting. Renposting. Legends Ben > nuBen.

The X-Wing series
Tag and Bink
Star Wars Tales
Tales of the Jedi
Knights of the Old Republic
The nucanon Lando comic

If you like really silly shit, the old Marvel comics were also fun. I especially enjoyed Droids.

kylo is a good host

Nucanon or Legends? For nu, Lando and Son of Dathomir, Star Wars and Darth Vader if you feel generous.
Legends? Hoo boy, where do I start.
>Knights of the Old Republic
>Legacy vol 1 (pretty divisive), vol 2 (underrated)
>Crimson Empire (vol 1 mainly)
>Darth Maul (Maul murdering people for five issues)
>Thrawn Trilogy
>Clone Wars/Republic comics (not all of them though)
>Agent of the Empire (what if notJames Bond was in ISB)
And more

Kylo is cute.

Is there a way to make using slughtrowers not absolute trash in EotE? I really like the idea of using one, but they're so unmitigatably bad, as far as I can see, and I can't find any attachments that really improve on them.

>Verpine heavy shatter rifle
>trash

Anyone want to help a newbie EoTE GM learn the ropes? Got room for one or two more players

When?

What book is that from? I should've also included "not prohibitively expensive," if that's relevant.

Friday evenings EST

Add specialized ammo. Depleted uranium rounds, armor piercing rounds, beanbags/rubber bullets, etc.

It's Star Wars. Blasters are pistol/rifle sized particle accelerators that blow holes in shit and punch through personel armor with relative ease, all while needing very little in the way of logistics support. And you want a fucking bullet-tosser?

>What book is that from?
Strongholds of Resistance

>not prohibitively expensive
That's out of the window then. Have you considered the Model 38 Sharpshooter's rifle from Enter the Unknown?

Sometimes, Ivan wishes to use glorious old rifle of Sergei Mosin design. Homebrew special snowflake bullet is also not totally out of questioning.

I mean, there are in-canon examples of slughtrower rifles cleaning house (can't remember what the book was called, it's the one with Luke busting out the mathematician). I get that realistically blasters should be better, but Star Wars isn't really about realism (or internal consistency for that matter).

Even that's a little pricey, I guess I'll just go with the standard slughtrower rifle and learn to deal with it.

Do you have an email/skype I can get a hold of you at?

>Do you have an email/skype I can get a hold of you at?
Here you go: issac.lindenburg

Rifle was fine. Rifle is fine. Rifle will always be fine.

>Even that's a little pricey
If you've got some points in mechanics, parts for a slugthrower rifle are pretty easy to come across and only cost 125 credits and a working day to smash together. If you get really lucky on a roll you could even get the blast quality.

Laser too flashy, shootings of give away location and ruining Stormtrooper armour for stealing.

With rifle, only small hole, can put tape over top and is of good as new.

Shot you a message, I think

Great. Now i got a mental picture of Verpine version of Sergei Mosin cranking out affordable Verp Shatter Nuggets. Chambers anything the size of 7.62x54mm and smaller

Whoops, forgot to mention that was my skype name and not an email

>Chambers anything
Fixed, desu.

I would imagine you could find exotic ammunition to actually out perform blasters in many cases.

Stuff like a phrik, cased hyper matter, kaiber flake shrapnel etc.

I think blasters are just much more common because of cost/logistic limitations. A well paid, gun nut bounty hunter doesn't have those problems.

Is it just me, or does the low-effort posting go up considerably every weekday night and drop off every weekend?

It's weird.

Is your picture an Asian person?

>low-effort posting
Are you talking about renposting or /k/posting?

Yup, that's me

Renposting, /k/posting, anime-reaction-image-one-word-reply-posting...

The works.

Also, how should a party armed only with blaster weapons fight a Sith Inquisitor armed with a lightsaber, the Force, and actual training?

They have limited cash and no grenades.

>how should a party armed only with blaster weapons fight a Sith Inquisitor armed with a lightsaber, the Force, and actual training?
A continued strategy of tactical withdrawal.

Hey, /k/ posting isn't the worst thing ever.

Also, they could try running him over?

>Complaining about /k/posting
>/k/posting in response to a question about guns
>In a thread about a franchise that focuses on war
>Centered around films that used fucktons of milsurp
cyka

That's what I figured. They might try flanking him or shooting him with a ship-mounted weapon.

Canonically, can a lightsaber parry a turbolaser shot?

If so, what effect would it have on the wielder?

Got no objection to posting weird or interesting weapons that could actually see use in a SW game.

Got some objections to posting more Mosin-wanking.

Seconding Tales of the Jedi for Legends stuff. Don't know enough of the other old comics to make any other recommendations.

For nu-canon, I really enjoyed the Darth Vader series. The main "Star Wars" series is fine. Of the mini-series I've read, I'd rank Lando as the top, followed by Leia, then Chewbacca. Han Solo just arrived today, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Is only silly joke, tovarich. Besides, the Lee-Enfield series of rifles is sexier anyway.

Don't fight fair. If there's something explosive, shoot it. If not, get some distance and take good cover.

Abuse flanking attacks, volume of fire, and whatever weapon qualities you got. Knockdown and Entangle are your friends here.

Tie Advanced is such an ugly ship absolutely putrid. Darth Vader deserved better to be honest. How sad!

A lightsabers ability to deflect is based on the power of the containment field.

Pretty sure even heavy lasers would fuck up a saber. A turbo laser would leave a 10m hole where the saber used to be.

We have examples in both Legends and canon of lightsabers deflecting shots from the main weapons of AT-ATs and shuttles. The shots tend to have a lot of kinetic force that can knock a person off their feet if not ready, or shove them back if they are, but they can be stopped.

Doesn't really make sense based on relative size of bolt to saber, but then again, scale has always been an issue for Star Wars.

While I don't know about user's first assertion, I DO know that lightsabers don't save your sorry ass from atmospheric effects, like the ambient heating from a few hundred terajoules of hate burning through the atmosphere in your direction. Even on a close pass, a turbolaser blast should reduce an unarmored human to a greasy splorch on the steaming pavement.

Did Palps kill all the jedi so they wouldn't delfect the death star laser with their lightsabers?

Yes.

I don't know, I kind of like it. It's very coffin-like, it's got a profile that suggests it's a leader's ship - especially while flanked by TIEs - and it looks sturdier too.

So with the power of the Force and a good wide stance, there's a chance? Good to know.

If Wedge Antilles were a real person, what kind of car would he drive?

what kind of car does his actor drive?

Fear the reaper

What game is that from?

Galaxy of Heroes

>TIE Reaper
Does Kylo Ren have a new ride?

Which classes and force affinity combinations create good stories in Star Wars: The Old Republic? I've heard that the imperial agent's story is awesome regardless of you morality and that the Sith Marauder is good if you go light side. Are there other solid options?

It was in R1, alongside the Striker.

GM of the guy who built 30 lightsabers until he got one he liked and now want to play some sort of minmaxed Gambler build...

Quit playing with this guy.

Just... don't invite him back. And if he complains, don't let him. He doesn't have a right to your time. Go find someone else. Star Wars is a pretty big media touchstone. You'll be able to find some noob out there, someone who's never played a tabletop game, and train them to be a great player.

Anyone have a deck plan for the YT-1000?

Best I could find.

Why would you use the ugliest YT though

Not to mention they have light demolition uses too.

I need something old and outdated for my campaign that could have been used for low-profile mission during the Clone Wars
Thanks user

Use the G9 rigger. It's abolute trash. youtube.com/watch?v=EJR9WNQvRCg
>videos this low quality are allowed on youtube

REMOVE EMPIRE

DRESSEL STRONK

I use Dressellians on my force arena rebel teams. they're bros

I see that the viewing guide for clone wars stops after season 5. Am I right to assume that no one bothered to update it because "just watch all of s6"?

The Fives ark is brilliant, the Banking Clan episodes are also very good, there are 2 Jar Jar episodes of basically no plot relevance that can be skipped entirely and the last Yoda ark is at least fairly important for world building purposes.

The Jar Jar episodes are at least worth watching because you get to see Mace Windu actually do something for once and the end of the Nightsisters witch bitch

Pretty much no arc in Season 6 is bad. The Jar Jar arc actually does something remarkable - it manages to make him funny by pairing him with a good straight man. It also introduces another Force tradition, the Dagoyan Masters, who although "light side" like Jedi, are total pacifists and actually really dislike the Jedi.

Okay then, thanks for the advice. I have been enjoying the view with the viewing guide a lot more than my initial viewing of the early seasons because it cuts it all down to the gold and not the stupid trash that is all between and in the movie.

Why couldn't that be the next Imperial ship in X-wing instead of the Upsilon?

[Tech][Tech][Crew][Crew]

Also it has like 5 minutes of screen time FFG probably didn't know about. Wave XII confirmed.

If there a way to increase the max hard points on a vehicle?

Goddamnit is there a single youtube session where the players are not joking and fucking around instead of roleplaying seriously in character. How the fuck am I supposed to get a feel for the game and its mechanics when the players are wasting time fucking around?

RAW, I don't believe so. As a GM, I would theoretically be okay with people adding more hard points by removing already-existing features of the ship, using the existing attachments as a guideline.

For instance, you might be able to swap out the sublight engines with smaller, weaker ones to gain yourself a hard point at the expense of Speed, or you might be able to remove your shield generator in exchange for a hard point.

Rigger (Stay on Targer) has some talents that increase vehicle HP, and doing complete overhauls to the ship that are bloody expensive.

>How the fuck am I supposed to get a feel for the game and its mechanics
Get some friends and play the beginner box adventure?

Are you the same sperg that was throwing a tempter tantrum about people telling jokes in the other thread?
Because if you are, fuck off, little nigger.

He was here two threads ago and was being entitled. Ignore him.

I dream of doing dirty things to a TIE/LN as a rigger, but I look at that 0 HP and I cry.

Where? I'm looking at the rigger tree and I can't seem to find the talent. Are you sure you're not thinking of technician:modder? That only works on items, not vehicles.

Haven't bought anything yet. I want to see a session done first to see whether I would want to gm it. In order to get my friends to play I would have to buy everything and copy pages for them. I don't want to buy something I won't like.

Man I dunno, the TIE/LN is so barebones. I can't even imagine what you would do to it other than basically convert it into an Ugly.

What the fuck are you talking about? This is my first time here I am from a Shadowrun background.

Oversized external weapons mount.

Who the fuck plays an RPG without a healthy amount of fucking around and joking? Do you not like your friends?

ball sack for a head

I'm curious, if you introduce a Bothan with info for the party, do they *not* make a joke about how many Bothans died for it? If they make a deal, do they not joke about altering it further? Your games sound kinda intense for my tastes, I like to let my Paladin shout out a line from Manowar or my Monk to say they want no trouble.

When I am a GM I don't take kindly to others interrupting my narratives with silly jokes and dilly dallying. My stories are serious and well crafted. Not some quippy nonsense that Marvel spews out.

Not to mention making it so any alterations to the base design have to be made at the factory probably suits Rath Seinar's drug needs just fine.

Alls I want is to see is how a combat encounter takes place without wasting an hour of my life listening to the players joke about nonsense.