Warhammer 40k general

We don't talk about the last Ork model released... edition

>previous

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ITS IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/01/18/cadia-another-imperial-victory/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for best Guard

First for Imperial Guard!

CADIA HOLDS!

The Emperor Protects!

What kind of guard even is that user

Genuinely curious looks dope

So why are they fighting IW in the Eldar book

DID SOMEONE SAY CADIA?

Best guard coming through

Looks like a Vostroyan sniper.

is that one tempestus scion in the foreground daijobu?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NEW RELEASES ARE GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME, I NEED BLOODBOWL DWARVES AND THE ELDAR TRIUMVERATE AND THE GREY KNIGHT GUY

Whatever happened to Lucas Bastonne and was he any good?

reposting

HQ
Company Command Squad with vox caster-65

Troops
Infantry Platoon-400
-Platoon Command Squad with vox caster-35
-Commissar-25
-Infantry Squad with grenade launcher and vox caster-60
-Infantry Squad with grenade launcher and -55
-Heavy Weapons Team with autocannons-75

Infantry Platoon-175
-Platoon Command Squad with vox caster-35
-Commissar-25
-Infantry Squad with grenade launcher and vox caster-60
-Infantry Squad with grenade launcher-55

Veteran Squad with 3 melta guns, demolitions and chimera-120
-Chimera with Multi-laser and heavy flamer-65

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner with multi-melta sponsons-175

If you're taking Mech Vets and Hellhounds, you should use Emperor's blade from Mont'ka.

Cadia did not hold shit. Its a fucking split open daemon world now.

Problem?

Because Chaos wants whatever the Imperials have and they're with the heralds of Ynnead which seem to be going to Biel-tan, so maybe Abaddon has sent an Iron Warrior Great Company or two to hunt down the loyalist through the webway or maybe even lay siege to Biel-tan.

Cadia is a bunch of daemon haunted shards in the Eye of Terror.

he's holding his head like he has a headache

Noice. Couldn't tell because the brass bits were painted gunmetal. Love it though

he ded.
He was meh. Just a vet sarge with some orders.

Tome Cruise was pretty cool, but he got axed when they started yanking everything without a model post-Chapterhouse.

Post pictures of games!

My Orks had two games, the first one was a draw but this is the second.
Orks vs daemonkin vs iron warriors, 1000 points capture the relic!

Reposting my sub par chapter master to get tsundere user to post his apparantly shitty celestine

I just bought myself some blight drones, and then looked for their rules. What have your groups decided regarding death from the skies and forge world flyers?

Treat vehicle squadrons as flyer wings? What do you do regarding wingleader traits and flyer aces? I ask because chaos doesn't really have a table for either.

Noob here sister called me to say my ork starter and killa kans came in. Gonna check out my local hobby store to see what kinds of paints and brushes they have, if they have anything that would be good for resin minis as im just getting started on my very first kit. Also gotta see if they have blutac. So Ive been doing a lot of reading and watching videos to prepare but im still a little unsure on how these first boyz are gonna turn out. Do these sets come with bases or will i have to get a pack. I really have appreciated all the input ive gotten back from you guys so far and its helped a lot.

>almost never get games
>friend i usually play with only wants to play with killpoints. No objectives.
>Always forget to take photos for these kinds of posts
>Can never get motivated to paint because of these circumstances
>Why do i even do this
kill me senpai

My Orks rushed down the center blowing away khorne daemons and iron warriors before hitting a wall.
Unfortunately my weird boy and squad where the blown to bits by these chaps after a failed attempt to charge the oblit a/warp smith.

Most embarrassing 40k experience you've experienced or lived, /40kg/?

>playing death from the skies

That base looks like a chocolate chip with nuts on it and I want to eat it.

Here's my first guys in an effort to bring out tsundere user.

Buying an Ork army

>Tome Cruise
looks more like Mads Mikkelson to me.

They come with bases.

they will come with bases. resin is generally not as good as plastic, theres nothing special you need to do while painting it but you may need to remove a whole lot of excess material around the model

Watching a fairly regular attendee of the LGS get caught with loaded dice. It was painful, embarrasing and just sad to watch. After it was over I had to go for a walk, get a coffee and just stare at rolling clouds for a bit.

How did he get caught, how did that conversation go and was he a WAACfag?

The site around the relic was a storm of chaos, daemons charging iron warriors as Reminants of Orks move in to blow holes in the enemy force.

>Cadia holds
user, what are you talking about? Losing Cadia is an imperial victory. Heck, I don't even think losing Cadia is the proper term for it. Don't you read the Regimental Standard? Cadia was a tainted planet that held xenos items and was far too close to the tainted Eye of Terror. They say that the Emperor didn't even want Cadia!

regimental-standard.com/2017/01/18/cadia-another-imperial-victory/

He's trying to make a phone call and everyone and everything is shouting. Not daijobu.

Fuck, picture here

Played against a beginner using his marines at 1000 points.
His captain and vanguard veterans, about 600 points, arrived via deep strike.
They scattered onto my guys and rolled a 1 for mishap. He played turn 3 onwards with 2 5-man tactical squads and a immobilised Predator.
I haven't seen that guy play since.

Is this working?

I think you should combine the two infantry platoons into one. It means you can have a combined squad with one commissar and one vox caster saving you 30 points.

I'd also make the huge combined squad into a gunline with autocannons and grenade launchers and get rid of the heavy weapon teams. I would consider bringing your platoon up to 5 squads to have a decent level of autocannon. If you do want to take a heavy weapon squad I'd take lascannons instead in my opinion autocannons are better in infantry squads.

I'd take a melta gun off of the veterans squad. You have two hatches to fire from and your veterans will be living in the Chimera. So you're wasting 1 melta gun all game. I'd also drop the demolitions.

Instead you could buy your platoon command squad a chimera, have a special weapons squad with 3 demo charges hijack it and charge up the field with vets - although this tactic is usually done with vendetta.

For the executioner usually people go full melta but I can see you want it to be multi role.

If you have enough points to spare at the end you might consider a chimera for the CCS to let it survive longer since its going to be your main source of orders.

Goddammit.

why didn't you just let him put the models down?

Sup /40ktg/, I've been out of the loop for some time, so two quick rules questions:

When 7th ed hit, people were arguing over whether or not different template weapons (e.g. flamer and heavy flamer) fire at the same time. Is there a definite answer to that?

Since you can't kill targets out of range of a weapon, how does that work when you fire multiple flamers and score kills in excess of the number of models under the templates due to overlap?

Is this the right place to talk about GW boardgames?

Do you guys ever use the materials for something else? I feel like the Lost Patrol tiles could be super useful for a Kill Team dungeon crawler thingy or something like that.

I'm also curious about Gangs of Commoragh. I've got a thing for Hellions and although they are supposedly not that great on the table I'd love to get my hands on some of the models.
The box seems to be good value for the minis alone, but I was wondering if anybody knows something about the game.
Looks kind of like a mini X-wing thing to me from the material that come with the game.

That APC is fly as fuck.

At the end of turn 6 the game ended with the Ork nob passing three jink saves from an autocannon and winning the game!
Nice to win with my Orks for once.

Now tell me about your games anons!

I bet this is the work of Magnus

I caught the aftermath not the initial exposure but his opponent said he needed to roll an 10+ or something, i think it was for a critical charge and this guy looked at his dice and grabbed a couple that were off the side of the table and casually rolled them... But one of the fucking things bounced around like a mexican jumping bean, and almost double flipped over to land on a 6... He rolled it close enough to the opponent who was close enough to scoop it up, roll it again and it dis the same thing and again... The guy just ghostly white and at the point there were shouts of

>LOADED FUCKING DICE? REALLY?

which is when i heard it being on the other side of the room... The guy just threw and i mean threw his shit in to his case slamming it shut, someone said he saw flying stands snap off as the lid crunched down... The opponent and others were joining in now and calling him put

The guy just fucking ran off...

Maybe this will work.

>APC
It's a dune-buggy with two Lascannons strapped to it.

It's a glorified Technical at best.

still pretty cook though

They do not overlap. You must declare which weapons you are firing, then resolve the order. So, you fire the heavy flamers, then the flamers, then whatever other guns, etc.

Template and Blast weapons do not use the normal rules of hitting whoever's closest, but hit and wound whoever is under the template. Look Out Sir! may still be attempted. If whatever's under there is killed, that's it.

I may have this wrong, as I'm going off of memory, but I can check my BRB in a little while.

I offered to let him reroll the mishap, but he said he preferred to play by the rules.

I bought 2x boxes at my FLGS for 45$ each and am just getting em for the bikes. Plan to get rid of the helions. $90 for 12x jetbikes is an insane deal as it is, but then I'll part with the helions and bam, even better.

Magnificent.

Fuck this.

Mate, what you need to do is just slightly crop/edit your pic and it'll automatically fix itself.

They're different weapons with different profiles. Why would they fire at the same time? The Rules say name a weapon and resolve all instances of it, then name another. It's all based on the weapon name.

Multiple templates are resolved one at a time. You'll never have "overlap".

shouldve declared yami no geimu

Also you must fire your flamer to hit the most possible models. You cannot choose to hit less to roast special weapons or characters

>I'll part with the helions
No one is going to buy your hellions.

Truly, he is an honorable man.

It sucks when you get hit with things like that, but at the same time that's part of the game. Sometimes you get fucked, sometimes you do the fucking. Ave Imperator.

part=/=sell

>space wolves think they're melee marines
>blood angels are the ones that get all of the strength and initiative bonuses
>barely any better in close combat than ultras/literally any other chapter

>but then I'll part with the helions and bam, even better.

Keep them for bits. Alternatively, trade them with other people for THEIR bits.

Aight. Lets see.

Played in a small 600 point tournament, round two as sisters versus tau. I had an exorcist, some melta dominions in an immolator, some seraphim and two basic squads with priests. He was running mainly fire warriors, with a hammerhead and some stealth suits.

Three turns in a row, I rolled a 6 for the heavy d6 shots of the exorcist. I also passed the 6+ invuln for the return fire of the hammerhead before I destroyed it. I easily decimated his army afterwards.

Then he started loudly complaining how sisters were overpowered. A tau player. Complaining about sisters. A tau player. It was kind of hard to keep a straight face at that.

Now you just need to resize it so that less of your hand/space not taken up by the model is shown, thereby reducing the image size and space used.

Hey man, at least he wasn't using suitspam.

Using the bikes for my Corsairs, I guess I could use the helions for bits.

new list taking your advice, i have 5 points spare but couldn't be bothered figuring them out quite yet

HQ
Company Command Squad with vox caster-65

Troops
Infantry Platoon-400
-Platoon Command Squad with vox caster and Chimera-35
-Commissar-25
-Infantry Squad with grenade launcher, autocannon team and vox caster-70
-Infantry Squad with autocannon team and grenade launcher-65
-Special Weapons team with 3 demolition charges-90

Veteran Squad with 2 melta guns, and chimera-80

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner with multi-melta sponsons-175

Mission accomplished

Thank's user.

the ony thing that does not work on resin is plastic glue. be careful, resin is somewhat fragile, especially thin parts

If they dont have bases, call gw customer, they should come with them

So Deathwatch are fun to paint, and not fun to play.

How do you play DW well Veeky Forums?

How attached are you to the grenade launchers?

If you drop them its 55 points more making 60 spare. Gives you options and there are better options than grenade launchers.

Just a though though.

I conveniently don't have a rulebook handy, but do you resolve each template individually even when you have multiple models firing the same weapon (or even the same model, such as seraphim with twin hand flamers)? I remember some picture in the rulebook of three space marines with flamers having three templates in front of them at the same time, but that might've been from last edition.

I add them to my force of Imperial Guard.

See? Smaller image size!

I'm afraid I don't know how, user. I'm still trying to build my first army.

Same way you play DEldar/Stormtroopers, hit fast and hit hard or die trying. Their formations are nice but suck up a ton of points to build and I think that running them in drop pods or corvus spam is the best use of Veterans rather than waste them in a formation that doesnt fit in any transport.

So what you'd do is fire say all 3 flamers - add up the number of hits then roll to wound. Or if you fired 3 grenade launchers you'd roll each individually, add up the number of hits after scatters, etc., then roll to wound.

one time I was in a games workshop while the manager was playing a 'intro' game of Dark Vengeance with a very young (7 or 8 year old) asian kid. Asian kid takes Chaos, has his Champion of chaos blow up after killing tac marine sergeant. He starts crying and leaves the store. his mum comes in 5 mins later asking why her kid is crying. Gee Dubs employee:
>what can I say he got bad rolls

Asian mom went ballistic, GW fired employee over the incident. top kek

Grenade launchers are 5 each.
5 times 5 =25 am i missing something?

It's good to know that other people get even more dust in their paint than I do.

I'm skeptical of this. I worked for GW for several years and getting fired was easy but nowhere near this easy.

I'm a retard. That's what you're missing.

I'll add them to my Tempestus.

What are you looking at building, user?

Thinking the same thing. What army are you playing?

Dunno if it's the image, the pain being mixed in my palette, the fact that I used Imperial Primer rather than a spray, or me not giving a fuck about cleaning my brush.

the Asian lady complained, I didn't get the whole story but from his grumblings is seems like she bullshitted a bit

How's he going to learn if people coddle him? The game wouldn't take that long to finish playing out at that point, and he'll know not to put all his eggs in one basket next time.

Even getting complained on isn't really enough to get fired. When I still worked in retail one of my redshirts told a customer that he had no friends and was a loser and all I did was write him up.

For clarity I worked in the US business from 06-13, 4 years in retail, 3 years in manufacturing.

Khorne Daemonkin in the 30k Word Bearers scheme. I've got Betrayal at Calth, and I'm going to order two boxes of Raptors to use as Chaos-y bits for the MkIV marines. Maybe paint them in the WB Veteran scheme that looks oddly like Flesh Tearers.

And to use as Raptors.

Template weapons, even same named ones, always fire one at a time. It's in their rules. Blasts are different.

>What army are you playing?

Black Templars, so the complete opposite of Deathwatch.

I played against this fat guy back in 5th edition in a very cramped GW store. We didn't have much room to go around the tables and the guy was big enough that he had some trouble getting around one of the sides without bumping into boxes. I was Guard and he was Tyranids. It was a really great game and we were having a blast. He left his tape measure on the other side of the table, but it was kind of close, so he figured he could reach for it. When he reached for it, his stomach and chest crushed my Vendetta, breaking off a wing and knocking it off the flyer base.

He freaked out and parted his arms really fast to see what that crunch was and in the process slapped his Carnifex off the table which in turn hit some boxes of stuff knocking a couple off the shelf. The Carnifex also broke some from the fall off the table. He was so embarrassed and upset. Everyone was staring at him and coming over to look at what happened. They kept asking questions and when they figured out what happened they tried to playfully tease him about it like, "Hey you're not actually supposed to destroy each other!" But I think that stuff just made him even more embarrassed. He kept apologizing and was starting to tear up, but I tried to tell him it was okay, that it was an easy fix and I know it was an accident. He packed up and didn't come back for a few months.

I felt for the guy and I felt a lot of second hand embarrassment. If I messed up like that and everyone was staring and asking me about how I messed up I would be pretty flustered too. I'm sure he was beating himself up for being fat too. I'm glad he came back though.

idk mate, maybe there were other factors as well, but at the very least this was the nail in the coffin, an angry mom saying he made a child cry by being unwelcoming doesn't sound very good

If a unit is firing more than one shot with the Template type, resolve each shot, one at a
time, as described above, determining and recording how many hits are scored by each
template. Once the number of hits from all templates has been determined, roll To
Wound as normal.

I think this image is what caused confusion.