SS13: United We Stand Edition

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh Veeky Forums?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server.

Miscellaneous links pastebin (updated): pastebin.com/5jJ6E75M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HuoLzx0mcho
youtube.com/watch?v=UY81yYFzgiU
youtube.com/watch?v=I3cvRdvTeKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder to enginerds and heads of staff to stay out of brig or get bullied

DORF WHEN

reminder to seccucks that assaulting a head of staff is grounds for demotion and in severe cases, execution

Who is gunna execute them,themselves? lmao get pepper sprayed nerd

Reminder to not clone the suicidal Bartender

Fixed

Almost Definitely.

>posting a picture of Tom after what you did to him

That never happened

Goodnight bump

Lag is astronomical right now

YAY or NAY spessmen
Should CARP FOOD PRODUCTS contain carpotoxin?
That is, should cooking THE FLESH OF YOUR ANCIENT NEMISIS make it SAFE TO EAT?

nay to carpotoxin
your questions dont answer the same with the same response idiot

> That is, should cooking THE FLESH OF YOUR ANCIENT NEMISIS make it SAFE TO EAT?
Only if cooked properly. Remember that fugu dishes are a thing IRL. There should be a separate instance of "purified" carp meat that is created by applying knife to it (or something along those lines).

That would require coding duplicate recipes for every carp dish.

BULLSHIT CHANGELOG AHOY
>Roasted Chicken already exists, takes a chicken meat and four each salt and pepper
>made roasted whole chickens slicable into four quarters (thanks to astv for coding a probably spaghetti working method)
>Chicken Sandwich are in. Is a chicken meat and 5 flour, like all burgs
>Chicken Alfredo are in. Is a chicken meat, a stick of butter, a cheese wedge, 5u of cream, 5u of water, and a dried pasta
>Chicken strips are in. Is a chicken meat, 10u of flour, and an egg
>brought Crab Cakes recipe into line with fish fingers and chicken strips
>added Bowl of Eggs. takes 5 eggs and 5u of water. You have to eat all of them.
>blessed be whomever commented ketchup out of the hotdog recipe

accidentally forgot to make sec belts able to hold sec pistol
is fix now

killing server for a moment

finally fixed space

bump

BULLSHIT CHANGELOG MK2
>actually committed the new icons for chicken based foods
>added KFC chicken bucket because someone threw a sprite at me
>KFC recipe is: 3 chicken meat, 2 salt, 2 pepper, 5u flour, a brick of lard
>fixed a few of my amateurish mistakes

no it wouldnt jesus christ

>get shot in bar by nerd
>call out location
>within 10 seconds a swat team takes out the man with no shots on the hostage

tacticool

>when you realize you have a swat dream team

can I swat lone lee while he plays dnd?

By-the-by, Dorf is going to go up next week since we've had 3 Dorfs in the last 3 weeks.

Get planning on aspirations folks.

Also hopefully high pop Mini tomorrow.

>be me king of cargo lord of the realm crusader king and lord of upper and lower arrivals
>sitting in my throne sword in hand like a good king
>decide to take a walk to see my subjects
>notice a doctor cleaning up
>demand he collect the bodies oft he slain and prepare them for funeral in arrivals as is my power to do so
>He defies me
>challenges me to a sword duel
>i draw my might magical blade eggscalibur (not to be mistake with the more famous more magical Excalibur)
>he draws an energy blade
>being the mighty crusader king i am i slaughter him with ease as he failed to bring a shield
>heal him
>remind him of my divine authority over lesser men as i am king
>he comes back later with a greyshirt
>leave my throne at once!
>he pokes me with a needle of cowardly sleep herbs
>make it to the coffee machine
>(le you have to dispense a cup then close then re open the UI face :^))
>pass out
>noble josiah a true patron of faith in his king and counrty drags me to saftey but the cower follows close
>awaken
>the coward draws his hidden firearm in a dishonorable fashion intent on killing me
>block his shots with my shield and faith in god and slaughter the cur like a true crusader king
>heal myself and josiah
>knight SIR josiah and gift him the energy blade of the fallen assassin
>hold a small funeral i arrivals and space the dead
youtube.com/watch?v=HuoLzx0mcho
youtube.com/watch?v=UY81yYFzgiU

>kills he's fellow cargonians
>shits on QM face
>True autismo king

Shitting on lily's face was all part of the plan
and alma challenged my honor thus i did what had to be done

And we're fired from NT everyone,
Fired from NT just for having a little fun.
We had to call the shuttle, our space station was no more,
And NT doesn't want us in their corps.

Guess the song

Thats banned from argo
fun fact
leslie fish the person who wrote it
fucking hates that song

Why Lee?

She wrote it because someone asked her to for a show,it was on the fly and got done in ten minutes
it became a huge hit in the filk community (as it is a startrek song)
It was requested repeatedly and over played
she considered it a poor song and the fact that everyone wanted her to play it constantly was salt in the salt wounds
also how do you know its me maybe this is irvan

ill hug you but you have to delete this

What does she think her best one was?

Im not sure but i know she is a libertarian and very into the second amendment and fuck the government
so the album lock and load is probably a good guess

When's everyone popping on tomorrow?

Found a video of Lee

youtube.com/watch?v=I3cvRdvTeKU

If you make it a child of the other meat, it might count for the recipe, but to make the actual output dish not also have the toxin in it? That would require rewrites for every dish.

no it fucking wouldnt
and don't even try to lecture me about this sort of shit

I tried playing on Paradise Station the other day. I got caught with an emag and got brigged for 25 minutes. When I protested this I was just told "the warden will come adjust your sentence", 10 minutes later nobody had come. I started talking in-character over the radio about the unfair length of my sentence at which point 4 security showed up to wordlessly strip my headset

paradise station never again

I'm trying to bait you into actually providing a solution rather than just rant on about how stupid people are like normal.

simply add or remove the poisonous reagent during the cooking procedure
it's as simple as that

maybe I wouldn't rant on about how stupid people are, if they would use their fucking brains for once

numnums, give the dummy a break.
Not all of us have an intrinsic awareness of how the spaghetti is form

spawned food objects are basically just pop cans that you bite to drink from with a different sound, and when they're made they fill up with the reagent, not before they are exist.

y'see, to you that seems like something as simple as breathing, but to us that's fucking calculus

actually breathing is the one that has a lot of math involved

Midnight bump

Found a really really weird bug. If you take one of the "custom" food dishes, like the sandwiches or spaghetti that you just shove other food items into.
And you deep fry it.
The deep fryer duplicates the contents and dumps them on the floor.

bump

*scream

*scream

*scream

High pop mini tonight lads

how many pop is high pop?

Would that be a good time for me to drag my friends on and get some help teaching them how to play?

Now?

Not dead

Yeah

5 are on right now fags get in here

post yfw you cast the first stone

Also new round get in here faggots.

>there's 7 people playing and he still isn't joining for to be high pop mini

how does it feel?

Alright, fuck this shit, we turning off hub?

We've attracted like 2 good players in 2 years of having ourselves be public.

a shitter is still a player
could always do like nox and ban them from everything important and leave them around as joke roles without respawns

remember all those times i've banned people from the joke roles because they were bad

on nox or on d20
yes

Chicken strips are invisible

server hasnt been updated to latest revision
I didnt commit the icons the first time, they should be there at the next recompile

Alright assholes. It's happening. I'm embarking on a great and terrible mission. I'm going to rewrite how a fucking SPACE MAGIC MICROWAVE works, to behave like actual cooking, because I hate myself.
The specific-and-exact recipes that currently exist will be preserved more or less intact, I think, but I'm going to start tinkering with how the process of actually making them works.
So that no longer will their contents be hardcoded with some minor leeway, but entirely determined by the ingredients used.

Note to self, make Mystery Soup a "sufficient" recipe, not an "exact" recipe.

>leeway
haha

m e m e s

ded server

bump

Has anyone seen our Botanist?

If you pull off something like that you should make it so that the cookbook actually contains how to make ALL that shit. We don't have a wiki anyways.

How do we "peek" again? It was a way to see farther than usual down a hallway, but I forgot how it was done.

alt+movement keys

Thanks.

When are we playing today, guys?

I'm pretty much ready anytime when we get some (5) players on.

Well, I'm on with Gummi so I think if people just join we'll get players.

CUTE GIRLS DOING CUTE STUFF

We've got 5 on

Im already on you nerd

Stop being so rude Matyi

Make me

NO DORF ! THERE WILL BE NO FUCKING DORF THIS WEEKEND CONFIRMED BY FireIce2k8 HO HOME EVERYBODY !

yes hello hi i would like to play spaceman so could you please join the server thanks

FOR THE NEXT RECOMPILE:
added a preferences toggle for the god-awful racket instruments make
because of how preferences work, if you've already played here you'll have to enable instruments in preferences
new players will have instruments enabled by default (poor them)

also adding a recipe for pipe guns, although it's a little wonky and i'm not entirely proud of it.
currently you combine a (possibly reinforced) pipe and and endcap, then take a welder to the pieces. you can use the pieces in-hand to get the pipe and endcap back if you've somehow managed to accident yourself past the 3 second do_after()

fixed blindness being gobshite, fixed the blindness sprite showing up over the hud and looking like ugly shit because some faggot couldn't be bothered setting layers

simple_animals will take a small amount of damage from stamina damage sources - in particular, the disabler, rubber bullets, and beanbag shells.
the damage is roughly 1/8th of the stamina damage value, which is 3-4 for disablers and rubber bullets, and 10 for beanbags. this means you'll be able to injure carp with them, but nowhere near as effectively as if you'd used an actual fucking bullet you scrub.
i debated changing it so that rubber bullets and beanbags would just do mild brute to anything they hit anyway, but to be honest that'd just be missing the point.

that's about it.

this fucking guy
>bitches that it isn't dorf RIGHT NOW for like ten minutes
>asks for super special events to make up for his ADHD

taming carp when?

Just pushed some stuff for bullets, mangle and aliens. Getting beer and then it's time for me to spaceman.

If we are having so many new foodstuffs nowadays, can we have pudding recipe(s) given that i sprite them?

>beer

Misc Changes
>Tinfoil hat spawns in the chapel drobe closet, allows oneself to not listen to admin conspiracies
>Rainbow crayon added to bureaucracy crate
>Drinking glasses now makeable in the autolathe

I really hope tinfoil actually blocks out getting boinked

Only subtle message, because that's the IC one.

So, to whoever implemented the swallowing thing, can you make it so that if you try to swallow a food item it makes you eat it instead?
Pretty much swallowed an entire snack machine of food before I realized it wasn't making me not hungry

you should have made it block prayers too and while you are at it do that for the fedora as well