Horus Heresy General /hhg/

B(iscuts)O(f) P(rospero) Edition
No Summary Wednesday Sub-Edition
>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g6PDcBhODqo?t=1m48s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iron Within, Iron Without!

Quick name what you want for Book 8.

Better Dark Angels rules.

A fucking update to IF rules. Do Tartaros get stormshields or not???

Just give them martial hubris, it makes so much more sense as a rule

Why would he have IFs in the DA and BA book? There were zero fists at Thramas or Signus.

wazzat?

That may be granted.
Your trips confuse me. And why would Fists be in the Dangle book?

I'd like an extensive errata beFORe Book 8. And changed Mortars so you can only have a single type of ammo per unit.

But I can't wait to see what shiny units I will be able to add to my Alpha Legion :^)

That formation just looks extremely impractical and pointless on a modern battlefield.

Alpha legion rule

If you lose more units than your opponent, they get +1 VP

Same idea, better execution

Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audio link anyone?

>implying the Dangles' paranoia and own secretive nature isn't a natural Alpha Legion blocker
Welcome to 40k.

I thought this was 30k

I want the XXXIIIth thread claimed by Bollocks Jetbikes.

F I X D E S T R O Y E R S

I'm not having a good day so my bad. But it could be worse. I could be Finish or living in Greenland.
This is most likely thread# 1759. So no jetbikes for you.

Updated rules for the Space Marine War Pony.

It's pretty OP at 2000+1 points.

Sanguinius being able to draw or beat Horus.

Oh I remember that.
Book 8 is mostly likely Dangle Land.

The DA's secrecy and strict hierarchy is the perfect enabler. Replace somebody high enough in command and you get to walk around in a bathrobe all day, and nobody would dare and question anything you say or do.

Only thing left is having a good reason to avoid the gay orgies :^)

Book 8 has already been confirmed for both BA and DA.

Hence the name, Angelus.

Beating SSJGod Horus isn't much of a feat in and of itself. Sanguinius would have thrashed Horus were it not for half of one of the most numerous Legions of the era and two Greater Daemons barring his path. And the Emperor basically played with His food so much that He forgot He was actually being wounded.

>mfw
You have to know the secret handshake.
It is?

Yeah, FW confirmed that back in what, November?

Wow. Don't know how I missed that.

Eh, it's the only thing we know about the book and it's who knows how far off. Can't blame you for not being on the look out for info on it.

The Space Marine what now?

What about White Scars?

Talking about the Rending Pony, I assume.

Book 9 I guess. Sorry mongol bro.

I've been off Veeky Forums for a while now since November.

It's the emperor in disguise!

Semi-new to 30K and working on converting a Kurtha Sedd into a Death Guard praetor. Already got a scythe to replace the crozius. Trying to decide on the other arm. Keeping the plasma pistol seems silly. Maybe just give him a bolter since the scythe is two-handed anyway.

Thoughts?

>implying

Its clearly none other than the [REDACTED].

Just say "BaC Chaplain." or something similar. Nobody remembers what those dudes are called.

Why not a combi-weapon?

Fucking who?

The dumbest thing you could have done was come back user

I could do a combi-weapon. I have the bits to cobble something together. My concern is that it starts to get a little odd to be pistol gripping that large of a gun.

Magnus isnt going to be released with Inferno is he?

I'm going to bash a siege breaker consul together from spare parts. Is there any particular aesthetic they adhere to? Nuncio-vox, so give him some antennas or some such. Maybe a hammer. Good to go, yeah?

Why don't you draw a quick rendition on MS paint on what you want your consul to look like, and then post it here so we can offer some ideas?

Load of bull, the Chaplain is Kurtha Sedd and the Praetor is Cataphractus Ultramarius.

If I was a smart man I wouldn't have came to this site in the first place. But since I'm not a smart man I'm here.

it would be pretty great in spaceship corridors/hive tunnels, though

stops grenades from being thrown over your shield wall

I had forgotten this.
Keked.

Seconding. I want to see user's MSPaint/free hand drawing skills
>Cataphractus Ultramarius.
Lo and behold, I keked again, sooner than I had expected.

My conversions are usually more organic. I don't have a plan per se. I just kinda so at it, test fitting, then gluing and eventually there's a finished model.

Uhum, uhum.
Post drawing pics.
I'd post interesting Siege breakers I've seen, but I don't want to bias your own opinion. Drawings plz.

Shattered Legion list advice (same guy from last thread)?

Nothing has points yet:

Shattered Legions

Covenant of Fire

HQ - Praetor - 185
Mantle of the Elder Drake
Iron Halo
Storm Shield
Master-Crafted Thunder Hammer

Troops - Assault Squad
3x Inferno Pistol
Power Glaive

Troops - Tactical Support Squad
10 meltaguns
Rhino

Elites - Weaponmaster Veteran Squad
8x Power Swords
1x Power Glaive w/ AA
maybe special weapons?

Fast Attack - Land Speeders

Heavy Support - Caestus Assault Ram - 305

Glaives, Speeders, and tactical support are WS; Caestus and Praetor are Sallies. Praetor rides with Vets in Caestus to go fuck people up.

Things I'm unsure about:

Worth taking only a single multi-melta on the speeders instead of grav-guns? They are Master-Crafted, but it still seems too janky to try.

10x melta marines--too expensive? Is 5 alone okay?

Caestus--worth it? Or should I drop the speeders entirely for a Storm Eagle and take something else in Heavy Support?

This would be going next to a Solar Auxilia list with 1-2 lasrifle blobs & quad mortars on quad-gun aegis lines, as well as tanks and Veletarii.

Imperial Fists: I need help on fitting their fluff to their crunch for a list. The gist of it is I want to basically build a Fortress and force my opponent to deal with it or get rekt. I'm thinking Artillery out the ass and plenty of interceptor to keep deep strikers out. Oh, and tons of bolter boys for that sweet +1 BS.

You are going to need an HQ for WS also.

That restriction is only on legion-specific units.

Take 3x Forgelords+Servitors and 3x20 Bolter boys with apothecaries plus whatever support you want, then the rest of the points go into an Aquila Strongpoint with Void Shields and as many Void Shield Generators as you can. You will be using Castellan Organization Chart so no Rite for you, the forge lords fix shit and shoot shit.

I made that list a while ago but I cant remember how many points that was.

I can see it read being read the other way, but I lean towards "In order to take any choices from a specific legion, the force must contain...." means that you need the HQ and can't have a random circus of 12 units from different legions.

I suppose that means I can't make an allied detachment at all, and I can see where that perspective is reinforced through some of the earlier wording. Kinda seems out of character for shattered legions.

Hm.

Is Rule-of-Coolâ„¢ applicable here? I'm not trying to go mega cheese (I've got power sword vets in a caestus for Emp's sake). But would you consider it over the line?

I know we dont have rules yet but does anyone know which legions the sisters of silence fought alongside during the great crusade and heresy?

To be fair, all you need is a WS consul and it would be fine. I don't see anything forbidding or restricting Allies, aside from points.

Also, Why do you want Sallies + WS with Solar??

Even though my usual response would be "wait for the Inferno", we know they fought alongside the Death Guard, the "fuck witches!1!!!" legion.
Maybe alongside the Luna Wolves as well?

Against anyone with psychic powers and witchery, really.

Also, this.

Space Wolves

Holy crap, I just realized this Mortarion is almost spot on for the Mortarion model.

You misunderstand. The Shattered Legions WOULD be the Allied Detachment.

Rules-wise I wanted something to go from 2k to 3k points that featured some Legion toys.

Fluff-wise, they'd be Salamanders Blackshields that were mutated as the Salamanders tried to bring their numbers up really quickly after getting murderzoned early on. Exiled for their deformity, they eventually die out in the Heresy/Scouring but their geneseed would end up becoming the Black Dragons in 40k.

There'd still be some "pure," successful Salamanders (like the Praetor)

I considered Chymarie Blackshields. But Option 1 (+1S, +1T, -1" Run and Charge, no sweeping) didn't fit with their character as fast assault/bone claw dudes.

Option 2 (+1 WS +1 BS -2Ld) was closer but constant -2 Ld really hurts and it also doesn't fit well with "stoic guys who are hated by the people they protect."

Option 3 (Fear, Fleet, Rage, -1BS) is probably closest to what I had in mind, but it also means the WHOLE group were gene-failures.

Furthermore, can't take epic Salamanders praetor or RoWs, and I'd miss out on units that just seem fun to play (horde of WS Land Speeders).

I like their models and i play Night Lords. I know Sevatar had a thing against psykers and that the Night Lords were on the magic-sux side of Nikea but i cant convince myself that they would work with the SOS

>end up becoming the black dragons
user, the Black Dragons are cursed founding. All cursed founding chapters were made from geneseed that was purposefully screwed around with.

Exactly.

>techpriest goes poking around geneseed vaults
>oh this one looks interesting, real fuckin' old though
>eh, it's probably fine
>a few thousand bone growths later

I don't like you.

No, they don't get stormshields. It's clear based off the way the Vigil Pattern stormshield is written.

>Nobody remembers what those dudes are called.
>I read their books
>I kinda liked them
At least it was better than battle for the abyss

There is nothing stoping you from using Sally Landspeeders. Also this uses 6th transport rules so you can't mix legions and transports (Under sworn brother rules on allies chart)

You are probably better off going pure sallies if that is what you want to do instead of mixing things.

youtu.be/g6PDcBhODqo?t=1m48s

>captcha is REDUCTOR

Well I don't know which one came first, just like Angron's pic in HH1, looking almost like the model.
I think the pics came first.
But what I don't like about Mortarion's mini, even more than his lack of a rebreather is he lacks his iconic spiked hoodie.

I always think of it like some sort of Iron Halo Crown.

Sure, they could work, especially with members of the Eight, which are recorded to have fought against disidents worthy of something beyond anihilation:

Worthy of being made an example of.

And what better match to their black hearts than the Soulless maidens with their Abyssal and Oblivion knights?

>"Brothers, we have been fighting these traitors side-by-side for many months. Now comes the day to join our forces as one and fight our way out of this blasted, black desert!"
>"you can't come in my rhino tho"

>"but brother, the enemy uses ordinance! Surely theres room for both of us in there."

I suppose I'll just end up doing that.

Actually, Sagyar Mazyn RoW might be fitting...

>"No! It's my transport and my mommy praetor said I don't have to share!"

>"This is fucking stupid and I will be sure to rectify this in my Magnum Opus, The Codex Astartes."

t. Roboute Guilliman

All right, you shitheads. You want bad art? Here you go.

This is my Siege Breaker Consul. You can see that he's using his nuncio-vox to broadcast a poop emoji to disorient my enemy and let friendly troops know where to go.

He is also throwing his thunder hammer with several phosphex bombs tied to it. He is very upset.

>girlyman wrote the codex because his uber driver never showed up

it all makes sense

>throwing a thunder hammer
He better be a Space Wolf with magic boomerang Thunder Hammers, or I'm reporting him to the Forge Lord.

We already have a few stories of IW x IF friends.
Can we have one about DG & Sallies as allies? Perhaps without either Kyme, his orbital flamethrowers and the burning Life Eater?

He's so upset!
I've seen this pic of Durak Rask, the Death Guard Master of Ordnance, with both the Siege Breaker's Art of Destruction and the Praetor's Master of the Legion rules.

He also happens to use a Thunder hammer and a phosphex bomb.

I just want a story about some Thousand Sons teaming up with someone and it not ending in disaster/hatred. The ally matrix looks so sad for the Sons. Not even the Primarchs that liked Magnus wanted to fight with his legion.

And user decided to model his Alpha Siege breaker (?) wielding a yuuuuuge phosphex can.

>ywn have tsundere wolves + sons teamup
>because inferno will never be released

Thousand Sons were so comparatively small and limited in force projection that the other Legions would have done just as well fighting with the Chapters of other Legions instead.

>hey Death Guard-san, look at me conjure up this tornado to blow away that wall
>uh no thanks I'll just call in artillery instead

We also have a robot wing.
Come to the Dodekatheon, let's get shell shocked and be Sworn Brothers!

What the hell are they showing on 4th/5th. BA, DA, 1ksons, woofs, sistas, custodes?

Of all of the legions you could pick, and you chose the Death Guard to be friends of witches

Wrong decision :^)

>friends

Also this.
Especially this
;_;
When your only friends are Horus and Curze, you know something is wrong.
I wish they were at least friend(ish) with the Iron Warriors.
Breakers of worlds should stand united.

>ywn have tsundere wolves + sons teamup
It almost worked out too if Magnus wasnt such a douche and Russ wasnt such a bigot. SW charging head first with the Sons kine shield psychic wall bullshit would be so OP. That allowed Magnus to tank a Titan shot after all.

>TSons and Death Guard working successfully together
Pick 0. I love how even when Magnus and Mort were working together in WoM Magnus still dicked him over.

But yes I do see your point. Still having a squad of TSons psykers would have been a great force multiplyer for a lot of legions IMO. If only everyone didnt hate them ;(

Yeah heres hoping we can team up with the new psychic Ro-bros.

>Magnus and Mort were working together in WoM
WTF I gotta read WoM.
Dammit I thought it was only about non-important TSxSW stuff.

Also, even though I'm DG, my favourite chapter in 40k are the Blood Ravens, and I liked it a lot when they appeared in Space Marine.

Psykers are always a force multiplier, and in fact I believe that if the Emperor had used Biomancy blessings on Mortarion to enact retribution on his father rather than on Himself to steal his glory, then Fourteen would have had a completely opposite opinion to librarians than his regular self.

And had Mortarion and Magnus been friends, well, I doubt the later could have schooled the former enough to avoid his nurgly fate, but at least they would have been damned together, rather than alone.

When we burn all witches, we'll spare your librarians. Just plz no witchery, and take Typhon with you.

>I believe that if the Emperor had used Biomancy blessings on Mortarion
Yeah but Emps gotta Emp. If he didnt mentally scar as many of his sons as possible then who knows...

>and take Typhon with you.
No thanks, we've got enough trouble as is thank you.

Emp wanted to make a point that you can't do this shit of changing the universe alone. Even Big E needs an army, what the fuck makes you, Mr. Super Farmer, think you can do it all on your own too? Instead, Morty was being a stick in the mud about it all.

>Mr. Super Farmer
This reminds me of one of my first D&D characters. I was playing a pretty strong Fighter who had some ridiculously lucky stat rolls. Later on, we were joking about commoners, and I'd asked how much gold a farmer makes in a year. Our DM had said around 1-10 pieces, so I went "Screw adventuring, I'm gonna go start a farm." Then we all laughed.

Then I rolled up a new character, because I was serious.

Public holiday here today so got a game and some beers in with a mate smashing mechanicum and knights at eachother. Even though he brought 3 knights and mech I countered with a bunch of myrms with conversion beamers and a cheeky Atrapos. God damn is the Atrapos a mean sucker, even got a vortex shot off that ran through his tanks/artillery line. Have a pic of a domitar squishing some ursarax.

The unpainted knights triggers my paint autism.