Quick! Do Gelatinous Cubes float?

Quick! Do Gelatinous Cubes float?

Nope, too dense. INT: 1, WISS 6, CHA: 1

I would say no, I think they would be denser than water thanks to their chemicals and shit

Unless yes is more fun

I don't think they would, too dense

I think they would probably sink about 30 feet, then float at about that depth.

Throw a cube of jello in a bathtub.

That's how a Jelly Cube would behave in a body of water.

I don't think so, but I would believe it if a wide, flat slab of gelatinous cube managed to float like a raft.

Depends, Is it full of armor/ skellingtons that it recently ate?

Yes because lore wise they do.

Maybe it's like oil and just skims across the surface.

Float in what?

I distinctly remember modules hiding them below water.

got it in one

They swim.

They have neutral buoyancy, and can swim in fresh water quite well. Salt water kills them though.

Wouldn't water dilute the cube until it died?

if its a cube made of a water soluble solution, then yes, or it could give it so much mass it becomes a larger class of cube.

Why? It can stay together enough to be a cube on land and dwells in often wet caves and dungeons.

Depends on the liquid.

No science behind that but I like them to have just enough buyoancy to float barely. Entirely submerged but staying two inches underwater.

The next villain of your setting is a wizard who finally found out how to make those cubes finally fly. The dragons are pretty upset that their airspace is full of flying shit and require small people to find the source and eliminate it.

If you want to crank it up a bit, the wizard used some stuff like Dust or Tiberium on the latest batch, who have become sentient and very, very creepy looking.

No, gelatinous cubes are denser than normal oozes, and virtually all acids are denser than water (or mix with water, so can't really say if they float or not)