ZRX on coinbase

I posted this yesterday and since then ZRX is up 40%. Up 130% this week. Posting it again for timely relevance.

------------------------------------------

People are talking about ripple and monero being the most obvious choices, but I think I have discovered a real sleeper...

The 0x team works very closely with the coinbase research team, Brian Armstrong (Coinbase co-founder) is an angel investor, as well as Olaf Carlson-Wee, the first employee at Coinbase and current head of PolyChain Capital.

Those individuals have a large amount of total supply. Right now in crypto, one of the holy grails for progression of the ecosystem is the development of decentralized exchanges.

Imagine you are the literal gatekeepers for fiat to crypto right now. In such a lightning fast paced, hyper competitive environment, you would likely be on the look out for any threats to your quasi-monopolistic power.

Decentralized exchanges are coming, its absolutely inevitable. The question I would ask myself is, "how can I make money off this?"

The answer is you use your capital to develop open protocols that ALL DEXs can live on top of, and charge people a fee in the token you already have a huge amount of.

ZRX will be on coinbase. At a $180 million current market cap, this coin has, in my opinion, the clearest chance to go 100x from here.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/JCgYSrf
discord.gg/BRG8duN
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/0x/#markets
mobile.twitter.com/js_horne/status/936824470718709760
boards.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The tokenized world is going to be decentralized, that has already begun.

The barrier to entry to become an "exchange" is going to completely vanish, and the idea of an exchange is is going to completely change. On the 0x project, 'exchanges' are referred to as 'relayers' because their actual function is hosting order books, which they will likely charge a fee for, but must be paid in ZRX.

Exchange is going to be just that; peer-to-peer token exchanges done through smart contracts. There are a few tokens that are trying to capitalize on this by becoming THE decentralized exchange, but this is entirely the wrong approach.

Teams like AirSwap and Kyber (other tokens trying to capture some value in this space) are limiting their development to their walled gardens. This is the old way of doing business. In the decentralized economy, open protocols and infrastructure are where the value is.

The 0x project has done this. There are already over 20 dApps and relayers that are building or have built on top of the protocol, including Bitfinex's spin off decentralized exchange, Ethfinex. Just as a reminder, Bitfinex is one of the largest centralized crypto exchanges in the world. Volume today was $2,715,542,247.

List of dApps that will be (or are) using the 0x protocol

Aragon
Auctus
Augur
Blocknet
ChronoBank
District0x
dYdX
Dharma
Ethix
Lendroid
Maker
MelonPort
OpenANX
Request Network

List of relayers that will be (or are) using the 0x protocol

Dextroid
ERC dEX
Ethfinex
KinAlpha
OpenRelay
Paradex
RadarRelay
The 0cean
Amadeus
Decent Ex

Bumping because I want to hear thoughts. Bought some earlier today and I'm up 10% but I want to know if this is a genuine good hold for 2018.

i personally own some and like 0x but i don't think it will be added. who knows though

ZRX is going to be the most important coin on the Ethereum chain in 2018, then maybe BAT

Personally don't care if it's added or not. It's going to pull an EOS here soon. $10 is imminent regardless of Coinbase.

this is one that holding longer-term will absolutely pay off

Been holding since ICO. Re-upped a couple times along the way. Feeling comfy right now during this current run. Coinbase would be a nice bonus.

thanks for this OP

Look at the timeline for EOS and ZRX. Similar supplies and similar utilities so this might be a stretch but - both dipped hard after their ICO, 4 months each to be exact. ZRX is right at the end of that 4 month period and is mooning exactly on schedule, just like EOS did. All of the potential aside, this thing is destined for greatness.

Same. Quantstamp also meets with CoinBase and both were funded by YC, but I don't see either being added.

Good hold nonetheless.

If anything, 0x is less likely to be supported by CB, as it sort of undermines their entire business model.

i like how you think

I agree but that being said seems like they are supportive of the project + could list it to on CB and take money from other exchanges as it will definitely be in demand.

If ZRX goes to 10 bucks I will be a literal millionaire

Same, I’ve been holding since ICO

There's great discussion about potential coinbase postings going on this group right now in the voice chat! Swing by if you want !

discord.gg/JCgYSrf

Yeah, I mean 0x won't ever really be a FIAT off ramp, right? That should always have to be centralized AFAIK, so perhaps the competition won't be so strong, and may actually work out as you describe.

Worded that poorly, I know 0x is just the protocol, not actually a decentralized exchange, but what I should've said is"no decentralized exchange will ever be able to accept FIAT in the way CB does, right?"

Well i dip after this pump? I want to buy in

I think that’s right, so 0x doesn’t threaten CB at all

discord.gg/BRG8duN come make some actual moolah and delete your pink wojak folder
>doubled my investment today only

What exchange can i get this on

I recommend Binance
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/0x/#markets

That makes sense user, I think that is a realistic approach...people will still need to buy ZRX to pay fees / cash out somewhere with fiat, ZRX is more just for token exchange so shouldn't undermine coinbase too much if I'm understanding this right.
Binance, Polo, liqui, etherdelta (last two are shit but will do the trick)

roomie just told me about this coin, hes a programmer and got in eth at like $10

i appreciate the tip user, ill probably get some

OP is retarded.
Even devs of ZRX say, that they are NOT WORKING with Coinbase.

mobile.twitter.com/js_horne/status/936824470718709760

OP, eat a shit and do not obey others to eat this too.

....wonder why they would get defensive and deny it to such a degree. Wonder why Brian Armstrong is interested and ex co-founder of coinbase is an advisor. Wonder why they showed up at the corn-based office a few weeks back with a few other teams. For people not working with coinbase they sure seem to be attached at the hip.

You aren't wrong though.

Shit corn based confirmed I guess.

Friendship is not partnership. And vise versa.

Can decentralized exchanges be DDOSed?

very true. still helps me sleep knowing coinbase is supportive of the project.

>0x

QUESTION:

How does a utility token gain value? I mean how much is this shit going to go up considering its just a fucking tool and not actual fiat. You aren't trading it as currency but you are using to trade currency with.

So what the fuck? How high can this shit go?

For those of you holding 0x now, or buying soon, enjoy your early retirement.

Can the eth network be dosed? The answer to that question is the same. 0x lives on top of ETH contracts

DEX governance and paying fees afaik

good question I'll try my best but a smarter user should try and explain.
So bitfinex supposedly had $2,484,060,810 volume today. ethfinex will launch on 0x, exchange fees on that volume will be paid in ZRX. ZRX market cap atm is $232,775,000...so low compared to other tokens that offer less. There's a lot of room to grow for what 0x brings to the table..which gives the token a decent valuation. Also governance votes.

Shoul i buy it right now, or wait for the dip?

It will probably stabilise a bit now before continuing to moon

why are so many coins mooning... are we all gonna get rich or are a lot of these gonna start crashing overnight or something?

I would wait for a correction. Things have been going well, I feel like after btc hits 20k things will pull back a little. That being said it's still undervalued...you could always stagger your buys to average out the cost.

Some of previous threads:
boards.Veeky Forums.org/biz/thread/5135332/

STELLAR LUMENS

bump

Do you want to smile?
ZRX is on the 70th position of top 100 most capitalized coins/tokens. It is more than overpriced.

...what are you getting at?
The market cap is low as fuck

Dude, it deserves being in top20

>no decentralized exchange will ever be able to accept FIAT in the way CB does, right?
Wrong

Can't the fiat problem be solved simply by Tether or MakerDAO?

Made a killer profit on the ICO and left myself 3.5k to hold long term, is that enough? Do you remember that there were 0xmarines here, where they at