Warhammer 40,000 general

Nothing clever to say edition

>previous thread
>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ITS IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (beware the Slaneesh section)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Age of emperor when ?

WE WUZ ELDAR N SHIT

very soon

when you stop fapping to big trukks

>tfw it's finally stopped raining
Now to wait for the humidity to go down.

15 years from now is the closest date

What do you do, user?

pray

reroll of course

Just played vs tau for the first time
>1000 point game
>opp has a single riptide, squad of fire warriors, marker-light drones, and a farsight crisis squad in reserve
>I'm running pic related, with the bikes in reserve
>he goes first
>chips a point off a raider
>my turn
>focus all my fire on the riptide
>get it down to 2 wounds
>turn 2, his farsight squad comes down right in the middle of my raider, venom, and ravager
>annihilates my ravager and raider
>my turn, I fail to bring in jetbikes
>chip down riptide to 1W
>split off farsight from squad due to deaths
>send in my archon, forgetting farsight actually slaps shit in melee
>archon loses battle, gets taken out in sweeping advance
>his turn, he sends farsight in, fights surviving crew of raider, blows up my nearby venom as well
>also blows up my other venom
>wins battle against kabalites, then sweeping advance annihilates them
>my turn
>fail to get reavers in AGAIN
>manage to kill riptide though, and get my talos in to the fire warriors
>talos fucks up fire warriors, then sweeps them when they Our Weapons Are Useless
>manage to further weaken riptide squad
>his turn, he wipes out the venom's crew, gets the other venom crew to a single squad member
>finally get my reavers in
>wipe out all his actual fighters
>his turn, he throws everyone in against my remaining squad of kabalites because why not
>my turn, send in talos
>send in single surviving trueborn
>send in reavers
>hammer of wrath
>table him with half my remaining army left to attack

I can definitely see why people dislike Riptides...that thing is stupidly powerful.

Reroll it, of course.

Reroll it....FUCK.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

>hey dude, this die doesn't look like it landed on any one face, mind if I reroll it?
>sure buddy

>I rolled it
Re-roll
>Opponent rolled it and a 4+ would have worked
call it a success and move on

Bump the table

I honestly don't think it would be THAT bad.

Don't get the freak out over it.

LOADED DICE REEE

Well in 2 months you'll be playing The Aeldari™, Drukhari™, and Haerlequini™ Aeladari™ teaming up with the Adeptus Astartes™, Tempestus Scions™, and Astra Millitarum™ to defeat the forces of the Chaeos Astartes™ and Chaeos Daemons™

You'll have free Battlescrolls™ and will be able to buy Wartomes™ the rules will be 4 pages long but you'll NOT be playing Age Of The Emperor™ at all since it will be called Warhammer 40,000™ The New Dawn of War™ so totally NOT Age of the Emperor™

Pretty much. Worst case scenario is GW fucks us anally with even MORE formations spread across a shit ton of books.

>Aeladari
Fuck you, you can't even meme right.
It wasn't funny the first time and it isn't funny now.

Don't get me wrong, I would love them to burn the 40k rulebook and start over.

my opinion: Drukhari >dark eldar

what's a dark eldar, well it's obviously a dark eldar or something who cares, probably some nigger

what's a drukhari? clearly some magical cool elf thing

>post yfw the necrons all wake up and wipe the shit out of everyone in the galaxy

I stand true to the first pasta, only make it better

Honestly, I'm new to the game so I might not 'get it'. Like, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

I could see people being mad if they cut armies/factions out, but not rules changes.

post yfw necrons have less units than tau

>Hope they wipe out terra from lightyears away.

>archon beaten and swept by farsight

sounds like a fun game though

Honestly, I use honestly too much. Honestly.

>What's a Dark Eldar?
Oh, must be an evil/edgy version of the Eldar.

>What's a Drukhari?
>is it some kind of new xenos race?
>yfw it's Drew Carey

Also the aelvaesh word saelaed is pretentious as shut. It is cringe in AoS and will be cringe in 40k. Maybe it doesn't look so bad on paper, but try saying it out loud. Now imagine GW reps non-ironically calling YOUR PLAYED faction by that name.

The big reason for hate towards the streamlining Age of Sigmar did is because that game was not redesigned with balance in mind. It was made to sell heroes and flashy models and it took over a year to play in a way that actually ensures a fair game.

>>What's a Drukhari?
>>is it some kind of new xenos race?
>>yfw it's Drew Carey

NOOOOOO I NEVER READ IT LIKE THAT

OH GOD NO YOU RUINED IT

>yfw it's Drew Carey

Sorry the 5% of the player base that is located in the US care or even know whatever that is

>crossposting for the new thread

Big Mek Gangrek showed up when Belesarius was on Eriad.

Gangrek died in the initial fight, boyz telleporta'd down and just had squabbles with the Skitarii guarding the dig team.

That was it. They were there so the author could write about a couple "battles"

gw manages to run tournaments where people get through 3 games in 7 hours (with an hour lunch break)

how fucking stupid are you where you can't manage a game in under 2 hours?

>single riptide
>kill riptide
>still fighting riptide
wat

What the hell, that Tau list is like...750 points maximum with everything tricked out. He also doesn't have 2 troop choices. Are you guys retarded or just new?

might have missed one of his troop choices.

huh?

>battle scrolls
>not dataslates

I think this info's false guys.

>Also the aelvaesh word saelaed is pretentious as shut

I like Drukhari better than Eladrith Ynneas. That's what we had before.

troop 1: Fire Warriors
Troop 2: Teen Drone Squad

Drones aren't troops choices.

He could have been playing FSE and made the Crisis troops, though.

he said the drones were troops iirc

Any hobbying or games you've been up to anons? I just finished up kitbashing some Rough Riders for my Guard and having some fun test games with a friend against my other Guardsmen.

After losing that match against Genestealer cults that badly I want to get my heavy bolter devastators painted but I just ran out of primer.

It's possible.

Then he was lying. In fact, not only can drones not be troops, they can never, ever score anyway, so making them troops would be superfluous.

7th ed Rending Pony rules when?

>US
>5% of the playerbase
...you what, m8.

US has the greatest percentage of 40k players by far.

Nah.

Posted it in /wipg/
Trying to save myself from painting an embarrassingly bad face...I never learned how to properly paint faces and that's following Duncan's tutorial...
Any help is appreciated.

Flamers are the GSC kryponite.

I don't remember details. he might have had another troop choice that I just popped early or forgot about. I know he had a squad of crisis suits with farsight, some fire warriors he kept hold up in the back, drones, and a riptide...I think he might have had another troop formation, but I can't remember it at all, so I don't think it did much if he did.

Dumb frogposter

Apparently Biel-Tan is completely destroyed in the new Gathering Storm thing.

I don't know how I feel about things in 40K actually being dynamic these days.

I have plasma guns mostly.

What would the stats of a man of iron be?

>Throw a Knight army at it
>Stomp it out of the game

>I like Drukhari better than Eladrith Ynneas. That's what we had before.

I agree, not to mention Drukhari isn't that different from Druchii, which is what most novels referred to the Fantasy Dark Elves as.

I think this one is a bit suspect. The other details sound believable, but I really doubt they would give that away in the White Dwarf. Despite it being the obvious conclusion what with Fall of Cadia being the precedent.

>
Not perfect but I think that will do:

"Aeldari and Drukhari from all allegiance, except the most conservative ones, have joined the cause. This is not a vague philosophic stance, because the new divinity has actual powers - The Exhumed (Unburried?) can call the souls from the spirit-stone they carry to reinforce their own capacities, syphon the powers of deads near them to hit with force, and reduce their enemies to ashes with their strange weapons and psychic powers. They've learned the secrets of the deads, and by this way they got closer from their ancestors and their defunct glory.
Anyway, some consider Ynnaris to be corrupted by the demoniac forces they pretend to dominate, and some think they are already dead. Maybe they are right. If the Exhumed try to rebuild the eldar society in the name of Ynnead to restore the ancient glory of Aeldaris, their arrogant and coercitive way draw towards them as much hostility than adhesion. Even worst, the danger they represent for the dark gods encourage Chaos forces - Especially Slaaneshis - to rise up like an infernal tsunami to consume them. Conflict and destruction lays in the way of Ynnaris. The truth that stands with no doubt, other than the hope, is that the Exhumed are bringer of death."

"Shared souls
Powered by Ynnead, Yveaine is able to draw to her the dying souls around her, and they can stay, not in the for of ghosts but as willingful allies. An observer may think Yveaine is talking to herself, is hearing voices, or is changing between personalities with no transition. If we did not know her creed, we could easily label her as crazy, but the Ynnaris knows. Their mistress carries in her numerous souls. Exhumated who entierely revere Ynnead share an echo of her attitude and they carry spirit stones of defuncts to draw from their wisdom, experience, and knowledge. And the need to do so has never been this much felt XXXXXXXX that the eldar extinction spreads its shadows on the galaxy"

I know this question might sound newfaggy but I've never played guard before. How do veteran weapons teams like missile launchers work. Since they're part of the main squad, do they fire at whatever the rest of the squad fires at?
Also how good are vendettas, are they worth 130 points?

>but I really doubt they would give that away in the White Dwarf

They said Cadia would definitely fall in the last one. And it is called Fracturing of Biel-Tan.

They're part of the same squad, so when they shoot they have to shoot the same target as the rest of the squad.

>Vendettas
>130 points
Nigga if you only pay 130 points for your Vendettas then you take as many as you can fit in your goddamn list.

My only hope is that the next edition HEAVILY nerfs Eldar/Deldar/Tau, or the leaders for all of them are weak as fuck.

>nerfing DEldar
Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

So can genestealer cults seriously not charge turn one now? Why change it so soon.

For 130? Fuck that and take 2 wyverns.

>Nerfs
>Deldar

Why, user?

>he didn't play Guard before Codex: Astra Militarum
>he never got to enjoy the discount flying circus

Well I play Elysian drop troops (not d-99) and vendettas cost only 130 points. But they don't get the combat drop rule for deep striking turn 1, should I be taking more even though they don't get the combat drop rule?
Also are hellfury missile worth it or skip them for more lascannons.

I really, really like this image.

Bike spam isn't fun to play against in any capacity.

>he unironically US is relevant to GW

This

I converted my Deldar into Corsairs, with some HamCoven allies. Significantly better and sufficiently glass cannon.

10/10

Umm drop troops don't get anything but tauroses and drop sentinels. So yeah, flying circus on steroids for me.

Vendettas are really efficient models. 130 points for three twin-linked, flying, AV12 lascannons is a steal.

>Also are hellfury missile worth it or skip them for more lascannons.
I will actually murder you if you ever take hellfury missiles on a Vendetta.

Rules question:

Normally a Commissar "does not take up a Force Organization slot, and does not qualify as a mandatory HQ selection." Now, in the Castellans of the Imperium detachment the Commissar is listed under the possible HQ options. Does this mean one can be taken as one of the two mandatory HQs?

>Bike spam
>Deldar
pick one

>Bike spam isn't fun to play against in any capacity.
t. Tau player who has never actually played against DE

Are you seriously having trouble with toughness 4 bikes with a 5+ save?

A couple of normal flamers basically shut them down entirely.

GW just needs to go into 8th edition with nerfs to jink, Stength D, and the Riptide's dumb profile
And a buff to MCs so that Nids can actually play

Why nerf jink? Just take it away from bikes and give it to jump packs.

wait, guys; what if he's stuck playing 5th when dark eldar were spectacular?

Depends on the list, IMO. Ravenwing is pure cancer with the 3+ rerollable. Make it 4+ minimum with no reroll and it'll be fine.

>take jink
>give it to riptides
We're trying to make 40k more fun, not less

That's more a matter of Skilled Rider boosting Jink than an issue with Jink itself.

I definitly agree with that Jump packs deserve it more though. How is a guy on a motorcycle harder to shoot than a guy with a jet turbine on his back?

Then he can shut the fuck up and play leafblower.

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105
35 Plague Zombies: 105
4 Field Artillery: quad launchers, +8 extra crew: 144

3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons: 450
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Skyshield Landing Pad: 75

Allies: Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, Lightning claw, Powerfist: 140

5 Chaos Marines: MoN, Combi-plasma, Plasma gun, rhino: 150

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Lightning claw, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Meltabombs: 242

r8

Riptides are Jet Pack.

>Riptide
>jump pack unit
The Wraithknight, on the other hand...

blow on it

>wraithknight
Take it away. It doesnt do anything anyway. also add 100 points to the cost.

>Warp Talons with Jink
Yes.

What jet pack units don't have all the same benefits as jump pack units?

Id swap the biker claw for an axe. Extra attack + ap2 + str5.

You're using death guard detachment for them right?

The thing is that valks cost 100 points and deep strike turn one, so I have 3 valks/vendettas at 1000 points, how do I run them?

Yes they can. It was one butthurt user being retarded and not understanding the FAQ that was saying otherwise.

New edition, new rules for units, jetpacks get spelled out now instead, also lose the relentless.

>can genestealer cults seriously not charge turn one now?
"Cult Ambush" is infiltration/reserves, and abides by all the restrictions that come with that. If you roll a 6 on your Cult Ambush roll you can charge on the first turn. If you don't, you can't.

As literally everyone who wasn't a fucking retard was saying when the book came out.

You would probably be better off turning the CSMs into more renegades and the exterminators into a different type of leman russ. I've never been impressed by how they preform personally. If your opponent has any templates the skyshield is going to be problematic, try proxying a void shield generator instead.