Non-Tropes you are tired of seeing at your table

Things that are considered Non-Tropes you are tired of seeing at your table.

I'll start off with a bit of a fire starter:
Anime
Allow me to expand that a little

Newer or Highschool/College kids OFTEN showing me a portraits, screen shots, or describing a screen from an anime I haven't watched and telling me it's cool as fuck. Sometime even continuing on as they want my input or comment, and if it's anything other than "Yeah Cool!" or worse still the appropriate catch phrase, they prattle on about it for another 10 min getting the rest of the table involved. And sometimes they'll just prattle regardless grinding the game to a halt.

Just ... really sick of it Veeky Forums, I really am.

Maybe if you watched more anime you'd be able to join in the conversation instead of making bitter posts about how upset you are that you're left out.

That's my prescription. More anime.
You're welcome.

>where can I bitch about anime?
>reddit?
>facebook?
>stormfront?
>no, I got it... Hiroyuki Nishimura's Veeky Forums!

Bruh.

For me, it is toxic autists like OP. Hard to detect them by a glance whenever they are the fun loving nerds or an bitter asshole who just want to be toxic.
They can't stop bitching and whining the whole time if others are enjoying themselves, making them bitter that they aren't the center of the attention.
Worse is their passive aggressiveness which chill down the whole group atmosphere and enjoyment.
Some even got the balls and lack of self awareness to ask why they never get invited back.

What anyone would do ;
>hey I see you love anime, but as you see I love being an autist and you don't see me disturbing the game to talk about that, so please focus on the game bro.

What op do :
>HurrDurr animoo weebshit ffs katana lol

Dude you're literally on Veeky Forums please tell me this is bait because if so area 11 out of 10.

Why are you hanging out with high school kids bruh?

i found the weebs

> OP baiting people on Veeky Forums

> people fall for it

> mfw

>calling people weebs on a vietnamese breadbaking forum
m8

99% sure OP is going to now sit down and enjoy a nice vat of popcorn while mashing f5

>Non-Tropes
>Anime
>Highschool/College kids OFTEN showing me a portraits
>prattle on prattle

Agreed. It's one of the downsides of a hobby that attracts loners and weirdos.

Another thing is memes. Every chance they get is a fucking meme. You can't say "you activate" without a couple of fuckwits saying "my trap card".

Not tg related you fucking weeb. Anime infiltration of tabletop is a cancer.

Forever DM here, 27 years of experience. I have a easy litmus test for prospective players.

1. Has gainful employment and/or enrolled in school. Has career goals even if not particularly ambitious ones.

2. Has or has had a romantic significant other or spouse.

3. Has interests outside of nerdom.

Not a bad test at all.

>3. Has interests outside of nerdom.
You could be as much of an animal nerd as a D&D nerd. Clarify.

I'm the only GM on my college campus, I'm in pretty high demand and run two games a week.

Boy do I get the revulsion to weebs. People with an interest in anime is one thing, people who seem like that's their only interest are on a whole other level.

Luckily they are easy to weed out.

Excellent test

>2. Has or has had a romantic significant other or spouse.
Yep shitting on socially deprived people even more is certainly the solution and won't create more Elliots.

Hope you get shot by an upset virgin, asshole.

Good test, but I know a couple players that pass this and are still fucking awful.

I would perhaps add:
>4. Habitual or excessive drug use

I've played with people who refused to come to the table sober (either pot or alcohol) and passed all those other tests. It was fucking awful. It's cool if you want to do it on your own time, but when there's 4 other people who want to have a serious game then you can fuck right off

t. upset virgin

He doesn't have to worry about you, if you haven't managed to ever get a girlfriend you're never going to summon the nerve to do something because people refused to play make believe with you.

>if you haven't managed to ever get a girlfriend you're never going to summon the nerve to do something because people refused to play make believe with you.
Okay man that sure stopped Elliot Rodgers and any of the other angry virgin shooters- oh wait.

You realize angry virgins shoot up due to the accumulation of social rejection right? It's not "oh man I am a virgin after x years time to light some bitches up" it's "I'm constantly socially rejected so I'm going to commit the ultimate social taboo in an effort to show that I still have some power even if I am ignored"
But keep on keeping on with that attitude I'm not the one that's going to get shot.

It seems to be fairly upfront, you have an interest outside rpgs/video games.
>chuckles at you
Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.
I've never actually dealt with this.
No one cares.

>No one cares.
I do.

That sounds like classical autism, but in the case that they are discussing it amongst themselves and you are the one who is getting tired of it, I don't have a lot of suggestions. Find company that better suits you, I suppose, because in that situation, you become the autist by silently seething about everyone else enjoying themselves.

If you're DMing and you feel the players are losing interest, try to appeal more to their tastes. I don't mean pandering, but if you have a group of weebs who deeply enjoy anime, and then you decide to run a historical campaign or something that doesn't really fit their preference, they're gonna feel disconnected.

Like I dunno what you really want from us here. Did you want advice?

Of course not. You wanted to engage in some light circlejerking. This is a blatant bitchpost and you're a blatant bitch. The subject is just an excuse to open a discussion about your problems with an anonymous imageboard when you really, really should be having that conversation with your fucking players.

tl;dr

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR GROUP, TALK TO YOUR FUCKING GROUP, NOT Veeky Forums.

>Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.

I'd bitch more about this, but considering you sound like an absolute fucking tool, I'll just thank you for removing yourself from the pool of DnD games I can join and leave it at that.

This reminds of that thing about geek social fallacies that I read.

Yep, went to look it up and it's "Ostracizers are Evil". There's nothing wrong with punting weirdos from your group, and never having even one decent relationship by early adulthood is a pretty solid sign that a person has issues. These people should not be coddled and told that they are fine they are. They aren't. They should be told to get in therapy and make an honest effort to better themselves.

Another thing, social rejection doesn't churn out school shooters. Mental illnesses do.

>I'll just thank you for removing yourself from the pool of DnD games I can join and leave it at that.

So you're saying you would fail his litmus test? You're a NEET virgin who only has nerd hobbies?

No wonder you're so mad.

>Look, man, I know plenty of guy that haven't gotten a girl, but 9/10 times, it's their own fault. It is a decent indicator of social skills.
That has nothing to do with the argument.
Whether or not the lack of social success if the persons own fault or not, it will not stop the bullet from killing you when they go on a mass murder spree out of frustration.

Frustration doesn't make mentally healthy people go on murder sprees, you idiot.

>and never having even one decent relationship by early adulthood is a pretty solid sign that a person has issues.
But it's not? Not having a relationship until you are able to support a family is the norm because that 1 relationship is the only one you're going to get, historically speaking. At best not having a relationship if you've never had a family supporting job is neutral.
And going to college itself doesn't support a family.
>Another thing, social rejection doesn't churn out school shooters. Mental illnesses do.
Considering your criteria for mental illness is social rejection...

I'm forever amused by Veeky Forums enthusiasts thinking they have any place to feel superior to any other sect of spergdom.

shh lets pretend to be intimidated by user

t. kissless virgin looking for a boyfriend free girl

What is or isn't "mentally healthy" is only obvious after the fact, user.

Frustration can make people do horrible things. A single moment of weakness is all it takes for some man in a coat to designate your entire life as unhealthy, yet people live and die in the same conditions every day.

Do you believe that it's normal for your marriage to be your first relationship user?
Are you a refugee from history times?

Then perhaps you ought to do something about it irl rather than complain on Veeky Forums?
I believe you need to tone down your mad, user.
This entire post. That geek social fallacies thing is absolutely true, and having recognized them, I crush them in my group whenever they come up.
You certainly are focused on this shooting thing which is phenomenally rare compared to other types of violence.
Your entire post is silly, user.
And social rejection isn't a mental illness, the person that uses it as an excuse is the problem.

>waaaaah the cool kids aren't letting me hang out mommy they're being mean
>waaah get shot by mass murderers you jerk
>i'm going to tell mommy you won't let me in

Look, you don't have to be drowning in pussy. You have to have had ONE relationship, period, have ONE hobby that isn't nerdy, and be employed or in school.

If you can't do even that, why are you trying to join a DnD game at all? This is why I don't invite idiot NEETs to my games, because they inevitably throw hissy fits when something doesn't go their way.

>Then perhaps you ought to do something about it irl rather than complain on Veeky Forums?

I'm not the user you responded to initially.
But you're right, I should be doing something else.
Maybe play some Overwatch.

>Yep shitting on socially deprived people even more is certainly the solution and won't create more Elliots.
It seems like those people do a good job of removing themselves from the equation.

Greybeard DM here.

Yes no drug use beyond social drinking allowed at game night and dont show up wasted.

As I get older with more fiduciary, job and familial responsibilities I cherish game time even more.

I have two younger players both under 25 who are good players. However they have loads of free time and yet are the most likely to run late, flake out, forget to bring something, etc.

My fellow family men who are making time to be here every Sunday evening from 6-10:30 are totally dedicated and punctual.

this

>all this permavirgin assmad

Holy fuck you guys are pathetic.

Well how'my supposed to get laid if the criteria for socialization is "has already socialized."

Am I just supposed to lie?

Just be yourself.

And this has anything to do with my argument that: whether it is their fault or not, assmad virgins still going to shoot you just as dead?
It's normal in a historical context, the context humans and their mental systems evolved in.
>Look, you don't have to be drowning in pussy. You have to have had ONE relationship, period
But this has nothing to do with someones mental state. Why do you believe this?
If no one has thought user sexually attractive it means that he is mentally ill? How are they even remotely equivalent?
Are you saying mental illness and being ugly are mutually inclusive? That's far more fucked up than being a virgin in your 20s, mate.

Buy a prostitute?

Why is getting laid the only criteria for proving that you're "socialized"?

Not even going into stuff like religion, asexuality, or the fact that the guy might just be unlucky in love. The "you must have had a romantic relationship or something is wrong with you" rule makes you sound like a tool.

go 'way you're not helpful

A prostitute isn't a relationship though

No, the criteria for people wanting to spend time with you is "don't be a total worthless NEET."

Shower, shave, go out to a party or concert or something, meet some people. If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship and break your mental taboo about how scary vaginas are and how you'll never be near one.

You don't even need to get laid, just be able to demonstrate that someone might one day choose to spend time with you voluntarily.

It's good advice, user.
Once you can be yourself, you can know yourself.
The sooner you realize what a piece of useless shit you truly are, the sooner you can drop all pretense of being socially significant and focus on the more important things.

>No, the criteria for people wanting to spend time with you is "don't be a total worthless NEET."
People spending time with you isn't the same thing as having a romantic relationship.

Because you are conflating romance with sex.
The point is having proof that you are cognizant enough of acceptable social norms, and a strong indicator of that is a relationship with another person.
user, if this bothers you so much, perhaps you could use this as the catharsis to seek positive change for yourself? It's not as hard as you think, shit, I didn't get a girl until I was 25 and decided I wanted better for myself, then did so.

>I'm forever amused by Veeky Forums enthusiasts thinking they have any place to feel superior to any other sect of spergdom.
Someone should edit that flow chart about "Levels of nerds that look down on other nerds" to include "people who post about it on Veeky Forums" at the bottom.

If someone has the chart I'll do it myself.

>You don't even need to get laid, just be able to demonstrate that someone might one day choose to spend time with you voluntarily.

fucking this

more important than getting the sex is showing you can actually maintain a friendship outside game night

because gamers who can only socialize over games are what I personally try to avoid

>historically speaking
We aren't talking about history. We're talking about the modern day where highschool students are capable of maintaining lengthy, intimate relationships and college students do so commonly. By the time a person is in their 20's it's not unusual to have had two or three long term relationships and a multitude of shorter ones. You don't need to marry your first girlfriend and pump babies into her to be considered normal.

>Considering your criteria for mental illness is social rejection...
It takes a hardcore mental illness to make somebody rationalize mass murder. Literal insanity. That's not the same as having issues that make you into a fucking weirdo that nobody wants to hang out with. Somebody could have both, but they aren't mutually inclusive.

>Because you are conflating romance with sex
Okay, sexuality is a part of romance.
>, and a strong indicator of that is a relationship with another person.
A strong indicator would just be if you have friends in general.

Why is a ROMANTIC relationship necessary to prove that? You can have tons of close friends you do shit with all the time, but something is obviously wrong with you if you can't attract or maybe don't really want to deal with a romantic partner?

GO fuck yourself, asshÔl

>more important than getting the sex is showing you can actually maintain a friendship outside game night
We aren't talking about just platonic friendship. We're talking about a romantic relationship.

>Shower, shave, go out to a party or concert or something, meet some people. If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship and break your mental taboo about how scary vaginas are and how you'll never be near one.
Come on normalfag, at least try to not be so stereotypical. Stop giving advice that you'd never do yourself in out shoes.
>go out to a party
So I'm supposed to just barge into a party uninvited? Or worse, barge into conversations and circles of friends uninvited? You don't make actual friends from small talk, I know that much.
>or concert
Fake interest is something just for a girlfriend? Holy shit you're not a normalfag at all. You're a failed normalfag.
>If you're in your teens or early 20's it's not at all hard to get a one-month relationship
*if you're attractive, have money, have a social circle that you can go out with/get invited to previously mentioned parties and concerts

I speak from experience, user.

As an actual diagnosed autist who can't socialize in non-DnD contexts to save my life this discussion saddens me greatly.

>It takes a hardcore mental illness to make somebody rationalize mass murder.
??? Humans see war as something inevitable and normal. What is mass murder but war on a more personal scale?

Is this the one

I don't remember Veeky Forums having this many genuine autists in the past.

Are we being raided by /r9k/?

That's it, thanks! Back in a jiffy.

Let me guess, Veeky Forums used to be better too, huh?

Veeky Forums is better than this, it's just being raided by false-flagging samefags who want to shit up the thread.

Threads that start off this shitty rarely get better over time.

>It's normal in a historical context, the context humans and their mental systems evolved in.
It definitely isn't normal in the 21st century. Social norms change all the fucking time. Only the most hardcore of hardcore religious people buy into that anymore.

>But this has nothing to do with someones mental state. Why do you believe this?
Because it's true. Romance is something that comes naturally to normal people, eccentric people even. If you haven't attracted even one person to you by adulthood, then there is probably something wrong with you. If you're ugly enough to repulse even average looking people, then I don't want to hang out with you.

No, we've been invaded by /pol/ who has worse autists than Veeky Forums has ever had.

>Stop giving advice that you'd never do yourself in out shoes.

>mfw I literally just went out to a work party last weekend, danced with a bunch of hot girls (restaurant business is great for that) while you sat at home jerking off

There's lots of options for places to go. If you're so pathetic you literally have no friends who ever have parties (or their 'parties' are 5 dudes sitting around awkwardly drinking and playing Mario Kart), and you're so empty that you cannot think of a genre of music you enjoy and cannot go see a band that plays that music, then just go to a fucking bar and hit on people. You'll fail miserably, a lot, but at least you're trying and might get lucky

And you don't need to be attractive or have money. I'm a fucking dishwasher/line cook who blew 4 day's pay on a blazer for the party, and a 7/10 at best. I just fucking smile and asked them to dance, and they said yes because, shocking thing, they were there to have fun and women really enjoy dancing. I'm a shitty dancer, but I bobbed to the beat and kept going through multiple songs.

Life is as hard as you make it. Keep putting up reasons why you won't succeed so you don't need to try, then you won't try and will never succeed.

So you're just a cunt then. Got it.

Your hopelessness in your own situation is your biggest obstacle, user.
You are your own worst enemy, not the world. When you digest that, you can do something about it.
Friends tend to be near to yourself in personality. Among friends, doing shit that would be unacceptable among others is usually not a problem.
A significant other is usually removed from this, that is why. Around my friends, I can go on about niggers and wetbacks to my heart's content and receive laughs. I know better than to do that among general public.
Why, user?
This is really the opinions of people you will never interact with, and if you have been in groups without problems, what is being said here doesn't apply to you.
A good friend of mine is autistic, but it is a problem in game groups because he can't understand when he is wrong because his interpretations are always correct, not the GM's, on top of a host of other socially unacceptable acts. If you can groove in the group, go forth and do.

Thanks again

Why are you this buttmad about someone disagreeing with you? Why is it this important to "convince" someone you so clearly hate to force you to join his game?

You may think you're being clever, but all you're doing is proving him exactly right. If you're getting this mad over being told "no," why should he coddle you?

>A significant other is usually removed from this, that is why.
This is beginning to sound more and more like you're the one with issues.

Brb making a thread to complain about people who write star trek erotic furfiction and put themselves in the story

I'm not getting mad. I'm just calling him a cunt and explaining why that's a nonsense rule. That's the entire point of, you know, discussions.

I wouldn't play with someone like that in the first place.

Don't you fucking judge me.

>A significant other is usually removed from this

>1
Currently making 6 figures because my industry is grossly overpaid. However strikes me as a bit odd. Doesn't actually test for anything except ability to hold down a job and that isn't hard in the slightest. What do you do, ask them their career goals and if they can't give you something concrete you pass on them. Strikes me as weird for the school kids as well considering the worst players I have ever seen have been college students.
>2
Strikes me as odd as this doesn't seem to in any way indicate a good or bad player. You can be in a relationship and be a god awful person.
>3
This one really depends on one's definition of "nerd". I read quite a lot, study philosophy in my spare time, and write. Those could all be considered. Nerdy.

> then just go to a fucking bar and hit on people
Hahaha nice try normalfag I'm not falling for that one.

Man I'm an alcoholic but I don't bring that to game unless I'm playing an alcoholic. Then I drink as necessary to method act.

>2. Has or has had a romantic significant other or spouse.
:'(

What I'm saying is I pass all the tests and am still a fucking abraisive autist.

The fuck is a "KV"

>/r9k/ autist literally hits on every woman he sees
>as forward and aggressive as possible
>trys to learn from pickup artists on fuking Youtube
>wonders why it doesn't work

This is part of why people say, "be yourself". Because if you try and go as hard at possible at changing yourself, especially when your goal is interacting with other people, you overdo it really easily. If you're too afraid to cold-call, or it hasn't worked out, then join a dating app or go to a singles thing or something. Trust me, there's some girl out there just as desperate as you are.

>What is mass murder but war on a more personal scale?
Are you for real? People kill in war mostly because when it comes to combat they get fucking scared and don't want to die. Literally kill or be killed. What drives people to enlist is different. Maybe they want to fight for their country. Maybe they just don't have anything else in their life. Maybe they just want to kill people (in which case they have mental illnesses and will fail their psychological examination). And what's more the people they're killing aren't their own people that they've grown up with and go to school with and otherwise know on a personal level. They're just people who are trying to kill them.

So yeah, that's pretty different from a person who will gun down the people he knows in cold blood. I can't believe you're trying to justify mass murderers as nothing more than victims of social rejection.

>Being this new
You need to leave

TL note: KV means Kissless Virgin

The fuck is a "TL"

>Habitual
You have nevet played with slavs have you? It's normal to garb a beer after/twords the end of a session here

Damn son lurk the fuck more.

>new
>trying to normalize robotspeak

back to your containment board

'A' beer with your friends is one thing, normal in North America too. Showing up drunk or hungover regularly, or going out after every session and getting wasted, is not.

Then again we don't have to drink away the pain of being a slav.

His "self" is apparently an ugly total autist, though.

Delightfull thread

Kissless virgin.
>be yourself
The issue with this is that the advice wouldn't be needed if it worked.

I wouldn't play with you either. Go back to your weirdos and hideous rejects, user.

The trick of being habitual drunk is that your friends can never tell you're drunk, because they have never seen you sober and take your drunk self for your natural state - which it pretty much is by that point.