Warmachine / Hordes General - /wmhg/

Fair and Balanced Edition

Previous thread Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Just as a side thought about some posts from the last thread, I've met a lof of former staff from companies like GW, Mantic, Warlord etc at cons and they all have good things to say and think working there was a great experience.

Except the guys I had met that used to work for PP. Every single one, all of them, fucking despise that place.

That alone kept me from going to work there when I was offered a position.

first for not being a privateer press employee

please buy more gargossals and all our new circle models next month

So something to notice is that those companies you mentioned are UK companies, while PP is a Left Coast USA company.

well clearly user was considering running their UK branch head office and isn't just completely full of shit, jeez!

I mean that UK gaming companies aren't likely to be poisoned by the social toxicity that permeates the culture of Seattle and other left-coast cities.

I love warmahordes, I love playing it, but I know the people around me are complete liberals, and you can't exactly escape that kind of stuff in regular social settings that don't involve just playing a game.

I'm not surprised ex-employees despise working there, or in Seattle/Bellevue.

How bad of an idea is it to run f3ora with a bunch of lights? You can fire them off at p+s17(19 with incite) and spd 7.
Also, do you think that f3ora solves the armor cracking problems that the flameguard theme list is bound to have in practice? And is the lack of shield guards too big of a problem to run her in that theme?

>is a Left Coast USA company.
As an American, I've always heard that the east coast is the worse of the two. Especially when it comes to employment
holy christ those thighs

I don't know about "a bunch of lights" but I was definitely thinking about giving her a few dervishes

Flame trail on a light with parry and side step sounds hilarious to me

It's different brands of the same shit, more or less. Hiring practices are probably similar, though the East Coast is likely worse for employment because of a much tighter population density. Boston and Seattle are roughly the same population, but Boston is half the size.

That said, there's not a lot of "diversity hires" in this industry, but you can see that most of PP is staffed by beards, thick-rimmed glasses, and ear hoops. They all likely have tattoos and Starbucks out of frame. So you better not have wrongthink if you work there.

Show me spoilers for Loki you fucks

I played against F3 with 30 Flameguard this week and have to say it's very potent if you're not prepared to deal with that many dudes. It will likely do poorly into Cygnar or any kind of mass shooting, but a lot of POW12s will crack quite some armor. And ambushing daughters are disgusting.

So what's Trollblood's faction gimmick supposed to be?
From my understanding, it is "We're really hard to kill", sorta like a Hordes version of Khador except with tons of healing instead of tons of health.

We actually pretty much know everything about him except his animus:

Warpwolf Statline

Chain Hook
- Drag

Shield
- Shield Guard

Force to Regenerate d3

Warps
- +2 STR
- Ignore Cover/Concealment
- Cannot be CMA/CRA

Bond [Tanith]: Prowl

>Bond Tanith

Oh

>drag
>ignore cover/concealment

RANGED WARPWOLF?

This is rampant speculation, but if we get a warpwolf theme, PP has already said that the themes that came out this month "did not include unreleased models".

One could hope that the warpwolf theme if it exists wasn't released yet because it allows you to take Loki.

GET OVER HERE

I'm no homo, but I totally would a Loki.

Any more Kaya3 spoilers?

You can field character warjacks and warbeasts in a theme with the appropriate bonded caster/lock

You can. But also, the Tharn force lets you take Ghetorix with anyone.

So I'm new to the game, and I just want to confirm something.
Warlocks start the game with zero fury right? I can't seem to find anything in the rulebook to say otherwise.

Nothing new, just the old:

Cavalry.
Field Marshal: Reposition 3"
Spells: Synergy
Feat: +2-3 DEF, Parry, Acrobatics

I've speculated on some stats, but other than that, SPOILERS WHEN?

Primal, 70-1:

All warlocks have the following special rules in common...

>Fury Manipulation
"This model has a Fury stat (FURY) and begins the game with a number of fury points equal to its FURY."

Oh well I guess I have brain problems!

Go back to The_Donald, centipede

I don't need to repost /pol/ for internet points, m80. :^)

I can dislike being told to call obvious men in wigs "women" under threat of being kicked out of a con, while playing in a local store that won't kick you out because you have a playmat with a female on it.

>:^)
No, this is what makes you scum. The rest just makes you a bigot

Nobody cares.

>puts this much effort into shrieking about imaginary sjws
>Posts "Nobody cares" when mocked on it

LOL I TROL U

Yeah, but you can tell now that he's trolling so don't feed him

Anyway, how about dat Hydra, eh?

They're not imaginary, if you play in the Portland/Vancouver or Seattle/Bellevue area.

DISGUSTING FLESH HOOKS
is it the model or the fingers? you decide

Sorta. Them and Skorne share the "hard to kill tanky" faction spot. Trollbloods also are a synergy faction with tons of support options and group buffing .Also every trollkin or troll model has tough. Even old people, even 30+ box monsters. They are all tough and almost all on light jack bases, making line of sight a nightmare.

They like to brick.

Also their models got way worse. Just sayin'. Anyone else feel like the mauler, blitzer, and bomber all got crappy standardized models.

The old blitzer was the first warmahordes model to attract me to the game. That shit was dank.

It's a large creature in a sandy area so it has nubs instead of legs. Kinda neat

It's neat. I just wish it was correctly cast. I'm not paying $120 dollarydoos for melted plastic.

Worked in the warehouse about a year after mk2 released. Place sucked because of the middle management.

It's Wargames Factory quality. *le shrug*

Storm Raptor retains all the detail on the feathers, claws, armor, etc.

There really is no excuse. The box advertises one thing, the product is another.

Some of those feathers along the top look pretty shitty, though it could be the photo/angle.

Haven't played WarmaHordes since Mk III launched. Does Cygnar have a jack-support caster that isn't Darius yet?

More or less. We don't have an Amon. We can't really spam heavies, but we can really make the few we take shine.

>since Mk III launched
How fast do you think they update?

Sloan and as many Hunters as you can cram. :^)

>:^)
goddamn fucking newfags

Since supposedly Mk III launched mid-last year, I'd have expected at least one new army book which I would expect to either be Khador or Cygnar would be out, and I would expect at least a new unit or something in there, or an overhaul to an old caster to make them more of a 'jack focused caster in what is supposedly a jack focused edition.

I mean I haven't played since 2/3rds of my Darius list went missing in mid-2015, so I have no fricking clue what's come out since then, and I'm basically waiting to either bite the bullet and go balls deep and pick up Convergence 'jacks/Aerogenesis or Cygnar gets a new heavy jack focused caster that isn't Darius. Or Darius2. I'm not picky.

>I'd have expected at least one new army book which I would expect to either be Khador or Cygnar would be out, and I would expect at least a new unit or something in there

You expect... poorly

It's supposed to incite rage. As stupid as it is, it seems it worked.

It's a face meant to be added to facetious/trolling remarks as emphasis. It worked. :^)

Obviously, Sloan with a lot of Hunters--while technically a warjack "support" list as requested--is a semi-sarcastic answer, and should rile feelings in players who've faced it much like a colon, carat, right parenthesis in that order has riled feelings in you.

So this is how Veeky Forums dies. Faggots Overwhelming. My life for Moooooot

Yes it is. It dies with pointless bickering and infighting. But guess what: You can do something about it. Ignore shitposters and post constructively.

Cygnar is in March, Khador is in April.

At the least, you'll get a warjack theme force akin to Menoth's.

>Ignore shitposters and post constructively.
does not compute

>anything I don't like is faggots
I guess I'm a faggot for playing Una2. : ^ )

>Me previously
;_; where are my cool Merc releases PP I feel starved over here
>Me after doing more than zero research
OH SHIT DAWG they are doing what everyone somehow perfectly predicted and giving me a Merc Caine. Okay PP I can wait.

Now we just need a dual-faction Magnus and the circle is complete.

Warbeasts have no tough, they never did and probably never will.

Also whelps don't have tough, counter-intuitively.

Nothing about Skorne is tanky and hard to kill. Only one infantry unit has tough and that's the #YOLO Nihilators. Cetrati have tough but they only just gained it. Our beasts have the same DEF as Khador jacks but less ARM. Skorne is neither tanky nor hard to kill desu senpai.

GW is a nice place to work at. Unless you value fair payment. Or free will.

If you want communistic pay practices and the ability to go get a Starbucks when you're working, PP is the place to be.

Fuck you man I am trying my best to cosplay as poison.

You know how hard is to maintain a chub

I onow the actual stores are a shit place to work at, but from what I've heard anything above that is usually pretty good as jobs go.

I imagine a GW retail store is all the bad elements of a GameStop and a local game store combined. It must be soul-crushing.

The stores themselves are rather nice, as far as working retail goes. But "good for retail" is still not that great.

>Not helping out your LGS by making flags for Steamrollers

From what I've heard around here (eastern Virginia), their idea is 'One person, One store.' So, whoever they hire has to work 7 days a week open to close and if he's ever sick or has personal business the store is just closed because he isn't allowed to have anyone else be working there.

It's honestly pretty stupid. They could just hire one person 4 days a week and another 3 days a week. No one wants to work 7 days.

I'll never understand American labor laws, always seems unnecessarily draconic to me.

T: southern European

>(Hexeris 1) Lord Tyrant Hexeris [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Reptile Hound [4]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Played this yesterday and it did very well against Calaban. The ethos is that if solos are shit, don't bring them. The Willbreaker just about gets a pass because rerolling Obliteration damage and taking out a model on the 2nd try is sort of like the Willbreaker has killed a model but from stupid range. He also makes crucial plays safer. I just wish they hadn't nerfed him so heavily going into Mk3. He was only ever a walking Ancillary Attack before, so why nerf Puppet Master?

I'm actually thinking of pairing this with Makeda3.

It's not a forced 7 days a week, but it is highly subjective on the manager.

Where I am, the store is only open 5 hours on Sunday, and closed Monday/Tuesday. Another store is closed Sun/Mon and clsoes at 7pm. It's bizarre.

>wanting basic labor rights is being lazy
And that's why you guys will keep getting fucked.

That's a fucking cool mini. Also yay for hooks in miniature wargames.

I want Loki to hook his cock inside me.

Is it the end of February yet?

Book is out 8 February. If we are lucky we will get some spoiler by the end of next week.

Meanwhile the Venator Dakar was revealed about 8 months ago and still doesn't have anything close to a release date, despite Skorne just being given a gunline theme.

Any month now...

8 Feb? I thought it was 23 Feb with everything else.

>mfw my preorder wont ship until the same day

Loki is expected for the Februrary 22.

Anyone have NQ 70?

Ask me about my Hurricane model.

Took like 3 years for the Desert Hydra to be released.

T. Never been to southern europe

You'd starve in a week guiri.

Ogh wow he has more man face than I do, And i have a stubble.

>As an American, I've always heard that the east coast is the worse of the two. Especially when it comes to employment
It's just a perception thing, I think. Grass is always greener, and all that. I've done both, though EC is home for me. People who are happy with their thing tend to like the place they live, people who aren't complain they'd rather be elsewhere.

>holy christ those thighs
hey, man, these are wild, ferocious combat ladies we're talking about here. I'd expect them to be built like a crossfit gym chick, not a bikini model.

Northern European, actually.

Having paid vacation, health insurance, humane working hours and free weekends is a luxury only in third world countries and the USA.

Time for loki x satyr?

I want some Loki x Tanith smut.

Sadly there's a lack of Warmahordes smut out there. I have like, one picture of a Farrow beast rutting someone.

>girl

but user, that doesnt trigger people! Also I cant write women.

Hurricane "release"/statblock release was actually a few months before the Hydra.

You gotta buy up the stock of Stormwalls, so they can release their Stormwall/Hurricane kit!

Look forward to Extreme Colossal Wrestling in next months NQ!

Honestly, Colossal Wrestling sounds fucking boring.

I mean, what are you doing, other than setting your two Colossals next to each other?

Didn't you listen to Hungerford on Primecast?

You get to set your two colossals next to each other while shouting CATCHPHRASES (like Convergence can go 'ACTIVATING PILEDRIVER SEQUENCE' in robot voices XD), and the rules state you have to shout your 1-2-3 tap count or you don't win.

It's all about FUN and CAMARADERIE and is totally not cringey at all.

>coc
>not shouting "NEXT RELEASE WHEN YOU JEWS I NEED CAVALRY REEEE"

>minions
>I CANT FUCKING PLAY THIS GAME REEEEEEEEE

Anybody recall what the date was for the PDF's of the full decks? Somebody in the previous thread said L&L, but that seems pretty far off... I'd thought they were saying sometime in the next month.

>There really is no excuse. The box advertises one thing, the product is another.

In sort of related news, there's a malifaux model that has a box showing a girl wearing glasses, but the actual model doesn't have any. There's also a dog model that's supposed to have a leash it's dragging around that the actual model doesn't have. What gets me is people act like this is the ultimate betrayal and scream about it. I mean yeah, I get you, pic doesn't match contents, but it's so minor, grow the fuck up.

The hydra is a different story. Sad to see that PP has no intention of fixing the mold. Oh well, still a pretty model.

PDFs are in the OP. Do you mean the errata'd cards? Should've picked Skorne friend, we already have ours ;^)