Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Im getting sick of making generals edition
I love you guys sub edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ITS IN THE FUCKING OP FOR A REASON DONT FUCKING ASK FOR IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (beware the Slaneesh section)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

zippyhsare.com/v/y2AkQeRc-gathering-storm-fall-of-cadia-epub
mediafire.com/file/crcwf9ty63zez7w/40K_-_Codex_-_Imperial_Agents.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So uh, with the mega down do we have Fall of Cadia?

I'm heading in to try for pickup games in about an hour or two, and having Cawl's rules on hand in an ebook would be a real help.

Speaking of, are Electropriests even remotely worth taking yet?

No

So, how do we unfuck the psychic phase? How do we fix randomness, psykers being relegated to batteries, offensive powers being inferior to buffs, endless rolling and infinite amount of shit to keep the track off?

Give psychic powers individual points costs scaled to how strong they are, and have your Psyker level equal to number of powers purchased. (Force and primaris still freebies)

Return to the old way of casting them by passing leadership.

It does mean denial isn't really a thing, but eh, you can't deny guns, you can't deny other passive buffs like Canticles.

Remove rolling for powers and Warp Charge. Fix overpowered blessings and buff witchfires.

It would need quite an extensive overhaul but:
Make all powers actually useful and equivocal.
Warp charges work fine but Denying should work on blessings provided a unit with a boost to denying is within like 12" or something.
Psykers have to choose what table they pick from before the game starts, and then can choose what powers they want from said table, no multi table selection.
Only Daemons, Chaos and GK can use Daemonology powers, buff daemonology powers to be more useful to these armies (except for GK on the summoning table (malefic?), obviously).
All armies that can no longer get more than one table of powers (i.e. orks and nids) get their tables buffed and fleshed out slightly (maybe orks get Gork powers or Mork powers? and Nid's can get hive fleet specific powers or something?)
Buffs shouldn't be able to grant 2+ invulns or rerollable invulns, or raw stat increases on the number of wounds/ eternal warrior on a unit.
Blessings should not be able to target vehicles, but should be able to be cast in vehicles on the unit occupying.

Armies with no acces to psykers or denying abilities get relics that help them out.

Reposting;

Anyone got some good tips for a startup Dark Angel Herald of Ruin Kill Team? I kinda want a warband with 2 Deathwing terminators, supported by a Ravening Biker and a handful of ordinary dudes. How should I go about this, without getting fucked in the ass by IG bullshit? I feel like I'll barely have any models on the table at 200 points.

Or should I wait until later on to make this setup, and start with cheaper models?

I was thinking of a Warden leader, 2 special deathwing, 1 special ravenwing, and whatever core I can afford. Should I load up on special gear, or keep it mostly vanilla? Boys or toys?

>all this new 'aeldari' fluff
>banshees fighting alongside stormtroopers
>eldar fighting alongside Black Templars

Sheeit. The superfriends grand notSigmar alliance really is a thing after all.

Who's ready to field their Grandhost Lightwing Warbrigade against the evil Blackfire Blazestorm Darklegion?

>randomness
>endless rolling
As compared to what? The shooting phase? Warlord traits?
Psychic phase is interesting, dont remove it.

> Aeldari
I'm just scared they're gonna call the orks Krorks more than anything else and the Necrons Necrontyr.
The same guy was definitely responsible for all these shit names

Waiting for the first Bloodwing Goreflappers to be released for Blood Angels.
A tasteful imagining of assault marines riding on giant bats, armed with bloodguns and bloodswords, with the bloodrain special rule.

Eldar-Imperial alliances against Chaos aren't even remotely new though.

But the Eldar pose the greater threat here. A rising Eldar god is more of a threat for the Imperium than Abaddon.

>eldar fighting alongside Black Templars
Dont fucking remind me.

>they're such zealots they won't even tolerate 'their own' sanctioned psykers
>but working with unsanctioned xenos psykers is just fine.

Celestine said they should and they did. Celestine speaks with the authority of the Emperor as his Corpse-Bride.

There is that meme build with a GK libby, using Sanctuary and GoI to make them scary, but I don't want to buy 20 sparky men and bash together a GK libby for a meme

>Try to cast Tzeentch firestorn despite it being shit
>roll Winds
>roll WC + Perils
>roll S
>roll Blast
>roll To Wound
>roll saves
>roll D3 per unit
>roll To Wound
>roll saves

It's mostly the issue for witchfires, as blessings usually work. Compared to usual weapons, you also add WC roll, possible perrils and Deny the Witch to your physic powers, on top of just having to roll to most of them on your physic table.

How about keeping them alive with Celestine?

Eh, I wouldn't say that. That seems silly.

The greatest threat to the galaxy as a whole is Chaos. The greatest tool of Chaos is the insistence of the galaxy's populace on killing one another for inane reasons.

That said, this latest turn of events does stink of Sigmarshit far more than the Eldar-Imperium alliance during, say, the Gothic Campaign. I mean, Black Templars working with an entire species of psykers? Really now?

>IMPLYING THE SISTERS ARENT HERETICS
>IMPLYING CELESTINE ISNT A HERETIC AND PROBABLY A DAEMON AS WELL
Imperium and crusading not nun tits and psykers, ok? Praise the god emperor.

Greyfax please go.

Greyfax we know you want to have sex with Celestine. Just ask her no need to passive aggressive about it.

Yeah, but then they are slow. GoI means they hop around. Its at the bottom of the tactics page for Cult Mech on the 1dee4chen wiki.

Its expensive in points and money. Can't say I recommend it.

Who the hell still has a fax machine in 41,000?

Necrons are an original name, so there is no reason to change it. Tyranid as well.

It's like how Skaven are still called Skaven in AoS. It's a name GW came up with, so it is copyrightable.

>choose the example with the most random rolling
>cast my the minions of the god of random
>from codex: random wackiness
Unless you're going all out most armies will only have one, maybe two psykers.

If you're talking about cheese masters going all out in hyper competitive games running double librarius summoning spam then I don't care because competitive 40k has always been, and will always be, a shitshow.

Greyfax only wants pure Imperials. Witch creature pls go.

Pretty sure GW has a copyright on Orkz

>not nun tits

Eldar end war in the heavens is coming / here / happened? In the fluff for Fuegan it says "It is said that Fuegan will call together the Phoenix Lords for the Rhana Dandra, the final conflict, and that he will be the last to die." Dose this mean the OG PLords are getting killed off?

>tfw no nun tits army

What they're trying to do is fuck up the rhana dandra by introducing new elements. What they'll actually end up doing is up in the air.

Is that a no then? Gotta go soon.

It's in the PDF archive as an Epub file.

zippyhsare.com/v/y2AkQeRc-gathering-storm-fall-of-cadia-epub

I think that's the one user shared a while back.

All the megas seems to be fucked. Or maybe mega is just shit, it loads indefinitely no matter what I try to access.

Do we have any rules for new eldar stuff?

Not yet, man. Unless you count two blurry images of formations. Gathering storm 2 isn't even on pre-order yet.

Says the Psyker...

Just make out already. Where are the drawfags when needed?!

I'm busy drawing bestiality

Inquisitor Cutefax hates herself, too.

Fuck off.

Thank you!

She is an anime trope!

I-it's not like I like you Celestine-chan! Anta baka...

"It's alright Greyfax, just give me a little kiss here..."
>m-my hips are m-moving on their own Celestine-chan!

Some people aren't attracted to nun tits, you know?

I'm kind of stuck in an odd situation. A friend in the group I play with has spent a ton of money building his ravenwing bike spam force, but no one in the group wants to play with him because of it. He likes to say things like, "you all have ignore cover in some way", but we don't want to play against him still.

Should we just straight up tell him to buy a new army? It's not fun having to take SPECIFIC lists to even have a sleight chance of beating him in games.

Many years from now, this is what the Black Templar dread will be complaining about you disturbing his memory of

Anyone know a good way to run pure harlequins at 1000 points?

Play a few normal games against him. If he's really that overpowered and good with his army, you can still tell him, and might even have examples to show him.

My friend did the thing where the eldar spam masses of invincible vehicles that shit out s6+ lances enough to wipe out a planet full of people every turn back in sixth edition. I played him once and HE was so embarrassed he stopped playing wargames altogether.

>Skitarii become Skytaryy

We've played around 10 games now and he's won all but one, and that was barely scrapped by. It's like, everyone has no problem facing each other, but people are getting burnt out trying to beat him instead of playing for fun. IIRC he's planning on going harlequins if he switches armies.

Well, after spending a good few days tinkering with epub conversions and settings, here's the best I can do with Codex: Imperial Agents:
mediafire.com/file/crcwf9ty63zez7w/40K_-_Codex_-_Imperial_Agents.pdf
Anything else would just fuck up the text and cause pages to duplicate.

Now I just have to start slowly eating away at the pile of epubs sitting on my computer...

PUREST LOVE

Show off your models Veeky Forums!!!

The joke doesn't really work when you suggest they would change something that's already literally GW copyrightable word soup to begin with.

If you can't handle this shit, play a different game.

40K has massive balance issues and you can never get away from them. If you want every fight to be fair, you're going to have to exclude like 70% of the people you meet from playing against you, because a bunch of them will have a straight up better codex than yours, while another bunch will have a codex so shit you have to try not to steamroll them.

Run a masque, it's 570 points minimum.
Troupes ALWAYS need starweavers but you can run them as dedicated transports or fast attack to fill up the compulsory depending on if you want bikes.

Think the heroes path is best if you want one of each character but there is no shame in spamming shadowseers.

use extra Cegorach's jest if you want more troops or voidweavers. If you have trouble fitting it in you swap the masque skyweavers to fast attack and move the bikes to the jest, this means you don't have to spend on more bikes if you have some already.

Pretty much this

No because you are going to make fun of my poor kitbash.

t. retard

If that's the case then we'll just but play him. If he wants to play an overtuned army he can play with other overtuned armies out fuck off. We shouldn't have to go try hard every match to have fun.

What units/ composition/ upgrades are good for a masque?

Not play him*

The very first guards of my IG army I just started.

Spooky

It's GGA. He's a good guy.

has anyone tried running custodes in a game yet ? how'd they fare ? was it fun?

I bought most of my models off a friend and they're still in the mail and it includes about 40 pig iron kolonial heads

So this is a really rough first draft of what I'd hope to run.

Any glaring rookie weapon choices/ composition choices?

What the fuck does that say

is it the ferrus manus patrol?

GGA? Did I miss something?

Grey Guard user. He has a grey guard army, uses lots of the Martian Ironearth for his bases, posts fuckhueg pictures of his army/batreps and triggers some people via his colourscheme. But threads with his posts are usually not that much of a shitshow.

Unless you're giving them the relic kiss/rose or the relic power sword, a caress is statistically better than a kiss for ap2 wounds on the troupe master.

On a player the caress and the kiss has around the same chance to land an ap2 wound on a >ws5 >t5 model. Kiss has potential for instant death but the caress as the potential for more than one wound.

The embrace is a wild card that can wipe out hordes and give walkers a surprise colonoscopy (Hammer of wrath always hits the vehicle facing even if it's a walker!)

Don't mix weapons on the players, always give the troupe master a caress unless you give him a relic, only give him the relic sword if you're going for a full anti-horde squad and don't waste points on pistols on anyone but the troupe master.

Haywire grenades are mandatory on the troupe master if they don't have a caress and advisable otherwise.

You'll need haywire on either a bike squad or voidweaver despite it being much worse than a surikun cannon/prismatic cannon.

Did you misquote?

does the list builder not support Forge world units? or am i just retarded?

>I'm already a little retarded for using forge world

Just ravenwings? No conclave or anything? If so you guys are just bad.

I wish there was a reason to use a chaplain.

Nop, but I think Eldar has some.
The web list builder + BattleScribe can make a single semi functional list builder.

I'm willing to pay for one, but right now those two are rather bad

Are any of the elite choices particularly good or have any good synergies?

+1

Ravenwing aren't *that* bad.

t. Red Scorpion player.

IS SHOWING FAITH IN THE EMPEROR NOT ENOUGH REASON?

I got a termie chaplain and fully pinned him and painted him over the period of several hours, only to find out after that that is the worst equipment for the worst hq slot.
I just replaced him with The Emperors Champion, and I look at him on my shelf and it hurts to remember how excited I was to play him.

What are good things to run Celestine in a unit of?

What's wrong with battlescribe?
It works great, doesn't have fucked up points cost and has forgeworld.

Makes you wonder why GW doesn't have an official one. Five bucks, but with every unit and formation you might want, sounds fair enough. And support for future editions. I'd buy it, if it works.

Sorry, OP, I been on a break this week

Why not run him anyway? The fluffy reasons are enough alone.

Anything that can increase her toughness, so 3 or more higher toughness squads.
Is she t3 or was she higher, don't remember right now.

Completely unrelated question:
Is cypher any good?
Would he do well in an Elysian or d-99 list?

Because I decided it was fluffier to run a marshal (captain) in an honour guard alongside the emprahs champ instead.

But sempai I haven't found a good model for my third honour guard member yet. They're like the only unit I can justify adding an on-foot-in-power-armour chaplain in.

The 2W is killer. If he could be a reclusiarch, a termi-chaplain would be alright in an assault terminator squad for the re-rolls.

ravenwing can absolutely walk all over some armies, and to newbies it seems unstoppable, it's not though, heres some ways to help with beating it

>make them jink, CONSTANTLY
there was a WAAC-fag who came to our local gamestores very friendly tourney, he brought your standard bike spam and when i played him i just shot at literally every one of his units and he would instinctively jink to get that reroll, lasguns? jink, Multilasers? jink, wyverns? die. it got to a point where literally every unit in his army had jinked and he basically had no shooting, of course assault is still a thing but it certainly tones down the army, if they figure out what you're doing and stop jinking everything then hey, now they loose their edge

>ignores cover
in the edition of retarded rerollable 2+ cover saves and bike spam you have to include some ignores cover in any list you build. guard has wyverns, tau has marker lights, Grey Knights have incinerator spam, every army has some form of ignores cover, even if its shit AP you'll still cut his durability by making him take 3+s

>assault doesnt care about cover
i know assault sucks in 7th, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, also if you have a knight it will eat pretty much any squad of bikes with its instant death attacks and stomps

I seriously can't find it in there. Am I blind? Which folder?

IT'S TIME TO ADMIT TO YOURSELF. YOUR QUEST FOR EVER MORE OPTIMISED ARMY LISTS HAS LED YOU DOWN THE PATH TO SLAANESH.

WOULD YOU LIKE A FIRING SQUAD OR SUMMARY EXECUTION?

Use points handicaps and/or special missions. Team games with him supporting the weakest player also works.
He's going to expand his avaible models to subpar stuff eventually and will learn how to make a balanced list out of that.