Veeky Forums worldbuilds a non-standard setting thread

> Stranded extraterrestial greys are one of the primary species.

>Greys never intended to come to Earth, but during their attempts to invent teleportation, they discovered that the default coordinates for teleportation science place the subjects on the southern coast of Ireland

>most of their conflicts are resolved through games

The Greys are the equivalent of tourists and are stranded on earth because they can't repair the teleporter with earthling technology. They're preoccupying themselves by probing earthling cattle and doing unethical experiments until other Greys come to rescue them.

This Earth is a post-apocalyptic pseudo-medieval setting with no humans, only uplifted dog-people.

They were uplifted by the teleported greys, who found the humans distasteful, but liked what they'd done with wolves. The dog people prompted the extinction of the humans.

I sorely wish there was more of this.

What IS it from? I've only ever seen it on Veeky Forums.

I have no idea user, google image search gives nothing.

>The Greys have four arms.

this is because of the fey (who are also extra-dimensonal beings) invented teleportation there.

There's several different castes of Dog, from the highly psionic Toy breeds serving as an aristocracy to Lowgen ruffians lurking around the wild places and little better than wolves themselves.

Yeah, Elfquest was pretty cool.

the great flood-lands are inhabited by xenophobic amphibians.

Any actual appearance of the fey is an extrusion into this dimension, and no one has returned from a visit to the actual fey dimension. They're adept at making 'halfway bubbles', though, which can have greater or lesser adherence to physical laws.

To exterminate the humans, the Greys created an airborne laughing gas viral plague which killed off 99.99% percent of humanity. The remaining 0.01% were immune to the plague and survived. There weren't enough remaining humans to keep up a stable gene pool, and after several centuries, inbreeding caused the humans to devolve into a species of deformed, retarded, but freakishly strong subhumans.

The subhumans are kindhearted to a fault, naive about the world around them, and extremely curious about everything but not intelligent enough to truly understand. The subhumans are peaceful, but when angered, their rage is nearly unstoppable.

> Pic VERY related

I fucking hate this meme so I'll just ignore it in my headcanon.

The xenophobic amphibians are actually from Atlantis, and have resurfaced to reconquer the world now that those pesky humans are gone. The imperialist Atlanteans are technologically advanced, but are few in number.

The world is divided into four major quadrants.

>Greys control Western Europe, but don't maintain borders, being more interested in their tests and waiting for rescue. Other races tend to leave them alone, however, as their technology vastly outmatches theirs.
>The Atlantics [pending revision] control Eastern Europe and most of Asia. Fractions of Asia have been left unconquered - coinciding with leylines, where the Fey tend to spring up.
>America is packed with Dog People, who have a basic understanding of peace with the Greys, but constant conflict (though no outright war) with the Atlantics. Their population is vast, and there's a suggestion of overpopulation on the horizon, prompting a need for expansion. They keep a few subhumans as pets.
>Australia and many islands are Badlands, inhabited though not particularly controlled by roaming bands of subhumans. The Dog People have their eye on these territories, but haven't made a move as these could prompt outright war with the Atlantics.

The last remnants of 'true' humanity is comprised of a handful of arctic settlements populated by full-conversion cyborgs and run by a (largely) benevolent AI.

Most of the cyborgs are little more than braincases rigged up to robotic chassis, and in the intervening time neurological degeneration and the sensory deprivation caused by their current state have driven many of them quite mad.

How many arms do the Dog people have?

Only two.

Eight legs, though.

One of the races in my setting- Slythes- are the result of something (Asteroid? Spaceship? God?) that crashed from the heavens into a major slime nest. The result is sapient humanoid slime-people whose organs are almost all contained within a small core in their body, including their brain, something we could recognize as a sort of crystalline hard-drive. Their major colonies are founded by a Forum, which is a massive immobile slime composed of the combined cores of massive numbers of slythes, who can join it after death as a form of memory immortality, quite similar to Elder Brains and mindflayer shenanigans. The more feral and frontier sorts tend to be larger, less humanoid in composition, and stronger like their slimy kin, while those from established colonies are seekers of knowledge with great reserves they've learned from their predecessors and often psionic powers.
The crystal drives were also the basis of the jump from simple construct to warforged engineering.

Depends on the breed of dog man.

The Slythes have settled Polynesia, and are divided into several competing empires.

>This Earth is a post-apocalyptic pseudo-medieval setting with no humans, only uplifted dog-people.

Simak please

who said they had arms?