/mtg/ modern general

Basically the same topics as the last thread. But also I was wondering, do you think any cards from the new set will be played but haven't emerged yet? If so which ones?

How do you feel about Wizards banning and unbanning more frequently?

Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.

Last thing, why isn't footsteps hulk played while grishoalcannon is? Footsteps hulk goes off and you just win, can't fizzle, is it because grishoalcannon is at instant speed? Idk man, I just want to play combo in modern.

anyone have stonemans storefront? or the latest gen proxies

Pls don't already start with this shit, everytime someone brings it up the thread just turns into a shitfest

Anyone play eldrazi tron? Been wanting to build it once I finish burn but I'd like to know if it's worth it

Wizards can fuck off with the bannings, which they should have done when they got rid of the modern pt. The only thing frequent bannings do is scare players and put people in a state of paranoia, as well as cater to the loudest majority which isn't always good for the health of the game. When cards get banned it should be because they're problematic like Skullclamp and artifact lands not because they hurt some scrubs fee fees.
The recent banning of probe and what I see people crying for to be banned currently, make this banning shit a very, very slippery slope in terms of cards and power levels in modern.

It's in no way better than bant eldrazi except for the fact that sometimes it cheeses out wins with chalice, that's all. It's okay, never be better than tier 2 though

Found it ;^)

The OPs have been shit the last couple of weeks. Bring back the competitive general with the meta breakdown. Casuals and poorfags can fuck off to the EDH general

>How do you feel about Wizards banning and unbanning more frequently?
Hopefully it means they'll play with the banlist more to unban things for a bit to see how they shake out.
>Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.
It'll replace a few Paths, maybe a few Bolts depending on the deck. I doubt you'll see it played as a 4-of in a deck that's more than 1 color. It's more a supplement to the current removal suite than a major game-changer.
>Last thing, why isn't footsteps hulk played while grishoalcannon is? Footsteps hulk goes off and you just win, can't fizzle, is it because grishoalcannon is at instant speed? Idk man, I just want to play combo in modern.
Probably has more to do with the availability of the cards. More people have Grizzlebee in their collections, so they build what can work with that.

Twin did nothing wrong

>t. ass-ravaged infect player

Tiers are usage based. Some decks may perform better than usual depending on local and overall metagames

Do you really need to see the meta breakdown every day you whiny cunt? At least these ops have questions and sometimes get a decent conversation going.

If you don't like the general post, make it yourself next time. It's what I do, or when it goes a bit before someone makes a new one.

On the other hand the generals with meta decks and whatnot are usually a lot slower without the questionnaire. Probably needs a hybrid of both.

Naya Burn and Lantern actually, but hey you'll probably feel the same when they start banning powerful cards from your deck just because people don't like it regardless of your decks status in the metagame.

>Naya Burn and Lantern actually
Oh now I see why you don't like it when they try to make the format more interactive.

I'm op and I agree, someone should think up a basic format and guidelines for these generals to appease all the people coming, I don't feel like doing it now, maybe over the course of the next few threads I'll include in the op what people would like to see in the generals

Booty-bothered casual detected "R8 my home-brew. No H8, plz"

I would, but the old thread is still IN THE FUCKING CATALOG and hasnt even hit bump limit yet as of when i entered this thread

>banning twin
>more interactive
Also lantern is interactive for a good portion of the game until the whole lock is assembled.

I'm also interested in what you play if you're even going to try and pull the "non-interactive" buzzword shit.

What's the new bump limit? 310?

Narset meme list pls

I played Hulk Footsteps for a while about a year ago. Lots of fun and suprisingly good. I think the reasons people don't play it are twofold. 1: It doesnt get as much attention as grishoalbrand. Not sure why. It might be because it's not as flashy. But lesser known = lesser played. 2:It also averages about a turn slower that gris. Gains a lot of consistency, but in modern you play those decks for the speed.

I think with dredge on the decline it would be a fine choice.

The basic questionare, meta break down, link to helpful articles, videos and podcasts. No more OP blog posts. The last several threads have been even shittier than usual no head canon mythic tier lists. That shit was fucking stupid

Fuck if I know. I'm still used to 150

>no matter what the op is, or what the general discussions are, some autistic faggot will act like it's a travesty and spew "muh cancer! Anything not discussing only tier 1 decks and nothing else is cancer"
Why do people do this? Ignore the posts you don't like, and comment on the ones that interests you. No one is 100% happy with everything 100% of the time, grow up.
>inb4 someone calling me a faggot casual

Blame legacyfags for trying to make modern general a circlejerking thread like their own

>interaction
>modern

It'd be a meme if it wasn't true

What is the basic questionaire? And why not have some additional questions relevant to the current meta or something happening

Please no blogs and videos. That just brings the shills crying about how their super special vlog isn't listed in the OP.

As for the meta breakdown, just copy MtGS's tiers?

Stay salty Desolator. It doesn't have to be Tier 1, but the last week has shown demonstrably that shit OPs = shit threads

Better formating goes a long ways, and tier 3 decks do not impact the meta in a meaningful way. The OP as doesn't really help kick off "modern discussion" untill the last question and just feels like an mtg general rather than a thread about a competitive format

The legacy thread seems to think the modern general is the one circlejerking. I wonder who is right.

There isn't one really. It's just whatever the OP come say up with that day for discussion. Usually something along the lines of- Playing, Hating, Sideboarding, Meta question or two.

But it IS an mtg General. Specifically of the modern format.

The legacy thread obviously

So constructed resources et all are speshul snoflak vlogs? As for meta breakdown, both nexus and goldfish (while both very flawed) are a decent enough jumping off point

Top 5 most bullshit cards in modern?

No way man. Now check out the same deck i post every thread

What has been wrong with last week's threads? I'd rather have an active thread, even if there are some shitty ideas rather than, "so do I run hunt master or olivia?"

Did 8rack touch you inappropriately?

Example of a shitty Op

You're kinda proving my point

This is what happens when we make shit OP's people. This is what these threads breed.

>chalice
>bullshit
>not wanting to shit all over the infect cucks life

>Liliana
>Even in the same league as bridge or blood moon
Nice try

How does this autistic spewing his shitty opinions reflect anything about the op? Do you think if the op had said "please no one say that Leyline of sanctity is bullshit" he would not have posted it?

>Goldfishing until you find your lock is considered "interaction" in modern now
Just pull the plug alraedy

Than go to the EDH general. If there is nothing to talk about in a format, than why does a thread exist about it?

If you let your opponent set up the lock, it is straight up your fucking fault for not INTERACTING with them and preventing it

Wizards needs to stop banning shit, and nedds to start unbanning/giving controls decks the tools it needs to police the format

The fact that you have to interact with Lantern doesn't make it an interactive deck

True, but the fact it and Tron demand interaction, and people bitch endlessly about them, tells us something about both the format and the players

3 mana for free discards and killshots is ridiculous, especially late-game when every card in your opponent's hand matters. Plus she comes in at 4 loyalty most of the times, so extremely hard to kill.

eh just not a fan of games hinging on if you draw your 3-4 artifact hate sideboards or not.

>goldfishing the lock
Okay retard it's obvious you've never played lantern but I'm going to break down why its not a goldfish deck. Firstly the deck runs discard to interact with the oponnent in the early game to just not die. Secondly you pack removal in the form of Collective brutality and abrupt decay, the former often putting a lot of decisions on how you should interact with your opponent using it. Often times you'll have a lantern and 1 or 2 rocks in play and it's worth mentioning that rocks in this deck are akin to counterspells in a traditional control deck. If you don't have the absolute nuts you're constantly asking yourself if you should mill x or let them draw it, which is essentially the same as letting a spell resolve.

I can see how once the lock is in place it can seem non interactive, but the entire basis of the deck is interacting with your opponent with what you have and making decisions on how to close the game accordingly.

Welcome to Modern: the Sideboarding you seriously sound like someone who went FNM for the first time. I'm trying to find a less dickish way of saying git gud, but i'm failing

Also I forgot to mention pithing needle and surgical extraction as well. Just because lantern attacks and plays from a different angle doesn't make it a goldfish deck.

no I totally get it
people bitched at me last thread for the dumb questions

What deck do you play? Perhaps we can help you git gudder then stop asking stupid questions

>Is fatal push as good as everyone says? I haven't played with it desu, and haven't seen it played.
Time for Gurmag Angler to shine

>implying any of those are problematic

Hey guys, check out the mardu vehicles players

I wonder if the pauper dredge skeleton would work in modern

4x anglers
4x mandrills
4x push
4x decay
4x stinkweed imp
Season to meta

So it's just a shitty the rock? Sounds bad desu

tron is modern's biggest police deck.
prove me wrong

lantern is the fucking definition of an interactive deck

Can't now that rwin is gone

t. Tron player

*twin

fml

>not having the meta stats bookmarked
>being this much of a fag
Just like fuck off to reddit's spike sub reddit. It's completely devoid of creativity and optimism, sounds like the perfect place for you.

>reddit boogeyman
>meanie spikes in a competitive format

Fuck off back to the EDH thread, timmy

If I want to beat tron(or at least have a 50/50 MU preboard), but don't want to play mindless all in aggro or scapeshift/AN what should I play? Would Death and taxes be my only option?

Nah, chalice for 1/stony silence tends to fuck us

Any deck that can run Ghost quarters + Surgical so you can get rid of their Urza pieces.

Is slaughter games good vs lantern?

You're probably better off just playing artifact hate senpai.

What do you play? I could give you some suggestions if you want.

We want to help people who want to become competitive grognards like us you useless piece of shit. The OP should have those links to maintain those standards.

RG Breach

I'm assuming you run grudge so let's go over other options that aren't just for lantern.

Woodfall primus can be breached and kill bridge, get in for 6 and then hit something else they control while leaving a 5/5 on board.

Chalice on 1 can just destroy us if we don't have a ton of stuff down already and Engineered explosives is too good.
Nature's claim also isn't terrible since it can hit leyline too.

I might be missing a few but those are generally the cards that give me a headache.

RUG delver

>rug anything not scape shift in modern
Ebin desu

How do I beat bant eldrazi? Seriously, I fucking hate this shit it's like jund but bigger

You're the one shitting up the thread with meta OP discussion and not modern discussion which you have shit on for not being "good enough" modern discussion

I'm a MTH trans (male to hermaphrodite transsexual) who enjoys playing magic as it helps take my mind off of daily stressors. My favourite ability is landfall from the Zendikar block. I hardly own 70% of the cards listed in my decks here on T/O. Basically I make a deck the best it possibly can be for reference of cards to get, and then I compensate where I have no money.

I once tried to get through university, but failed. Miserably. I was trying to get into graduate studies in Sexology, starting the undergraduate studies in a Major in Psychology and a minor in Critical Studies in Sexuality. However, I failed because of my lack of responsibility. I'm hoping that maybe after living a plain life for 5 or so years, finishing my transition and getting general life experience in my panties that I'll be able to go back and complete it with responsibility. But I'm unsure.

For many who know me, I'm a very sexualized individual, so head that as a fore-warning that sex will come up in my discussions. I'm an eager activist of prostitution, and I'm thinking of going into the industry myself, starting with online cam shows and selling used panties. So feel free to talk to me about this if you have any advice or are curious about the matter.

I'm also a role mother to a lovely little girl. I care and raise her as if she were my own and we have forged a loving bond together that shall never part.

Currently working on my own custom block which can have anywhere from 1536-1024 cards, whatever happens. The cards are based off of my favourite childhood web-cartoon. I was thinking 4 sets in the block, each set having somewhere around 386-256 cards, or make it a 2 block theme piece with 3 sets each with around 256-170 cards. Or even, with 256-128 cards. I'll just be making the cards for now, so nothing else is really gonna happen. Currently this block is on hiatus, because until someone who works on the styles for MSE makes a M15 Omega Style, I won't be able to do finish this set.

RUG scapeshift is garbage. Jokes on you
Best to never play new decks tho amirite lmao!

how does hulk footsteps do against hate?
gris can play through/around a decent amount of hate in my experience

reckoner skred with maindeck roast

what the ever loving fuck is this pasta

That's a fine linguini

>listing ranges as highest-lowest instead of lowest-highest
I'm actually pretty triggered right now

interactive for who? the pilot, coz it sure as shit stops the opponent from being able to interact at all.

generally when people speak of interactive decks they mean decks that interact with the opponent. got off track i think

Not the same guy but I also play Hulk Footsteps and it can play fine against hate. Be it Makeshift Mannequin to protect against Path or Greater Gargadon and Venser Shaper Savant shenanigans as the alternate line for the combo that sidesteps the graveyard hate and Leyline protections.

I won a small 16 man tourney recently with G/W hatebears. Played against THREE Lantern decks and 1 Young Pyro/control deck that was like Mardu colours in the Swiss.

Wow, wish when I played in tourneys I could just play against shit meme decks

I had not played the format in a while and I was just going to take GW hatebears and just hope to shit on everyone with Leonin Arbiter+Ghost Quarter. Turns out to have been a pretty good idea against the rest of the format since hardly anyone I played against were playing much basic lands.

huh, then i'd guess that gris is more popular just because it's flashier. that's pretty much why i picked it. i feel like it also has more wins on camera and tournament finishes so i bet the exposure factors in.
do you have a good game 1 vs permission decks?

Gris is more popular because it can sometimes go off on turn 1, turn 2 or turn 3. Footsteps Hulk only goes off Turn 3 at the earliest(barring SSG plays aside.) Most game 1's against permission decks are 50/50, sometimes you catch them asleep and sometimes they just have the right answers. Swan Song usually helps after game 1.

Now with Walking Ballista in the format that gives us two different cards with 0/0 XX costs with the other being Hangarback Walker. Right now going to see if the instant kill combo of fetching Disciple of the Vaults+Hangarback+Walking Ballista is a viable enough combo kill. Personally I still prefer the Body Double+Seer combo interaction but i'd still like to try this alternate combo anyway.

Post a list
My mind haven't recovered from the loss of gitaxian probe yet

Body double seer combo is infinitely better in modern

It is but I am not adverse to trying spicy new things.

>interactive for who? the pilot
Of course. That's what interactive means.

You're interacting with the opponent up until you can get a hard lock (3+ mill rocks + bridge). Just because the endgame is a prison doesn't mean the deck is non-interactive.

Rate my meme deck idea. Grixis tempo with shitty creatures that give you construct tokens and thopters, with the general grixis good stuff package, also emphasis on this card, obvious 4 of. And a shape anew package, 4 of shape anew with blightsteel, and stuff like spell Pierce and remand to keep you going. Idk, think of it as like a worse grixis delver, but with turn 4 kill potential

>Rate my meme deck
>doesn't post deck

shit/10

I said rate the idea, I'm not sure how the deck will shape out yet