XMR COMPETITION

Surely there has to be a competing project, right?

hard mode:
>mandatory privacy
>no masternodes, dev reward, PoS or coinjoin

Other urls found in this thread:

eprint.iacr.org/2017/1132.pdf
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

meant to say no trusted set up too

Not really on the same level as Monero. Monero is balls deep in the privacy.

unironically IOTA

All these masternode pos projects will never topple the one true privacy king

Yep. IOTA so privacy oriented it keeps the governments from looking at your wallets by locking everyone out, even the intended owner.

>no
y tho

every other domain has 10+ serious competitors

why doesnt some nigger just do a trustless zk-snarks set up that meets the above criteria

p.s dont steal this idea (tm)

Well, Monero is thinking about implementing Lightning or MimbleWimble which are sort of offchains with nodes.

related:

>eprint.iacr.org/2017/1132.pdf

need answers faster anons

Particl.

Is is an anonymous marketplace that uses Confidential Transactions and ring signatures. Alpha comes out beginning of year, beta few months later.

what about BlackBytes

I'll check it out, more interested in non RingCT solutions though

ni-night time in 3 more minutes boys, but post away I'll check in the morning

Cloakcoin, been in development since 2014, every holder is a masternode with PoS though. They are currently in the final stages of their open source launch, which will determine how private they are. I have been filling my bags since september.

>Particl
Optional privacy not an competion.

>what about BlackBytes
They are not even out yet?
Also optional asset.

Closed source, have a richlist??

there has to be something this has been pissing me off for weeks.

Why is no one doing a trustless zk-snarks? Zcash should be all over that, and they should remove their gay as fuck dev fees.

Maybe because making them trustless isn't a easy task?

They are currently in the final stages of their open source launch, which will determine how private they are.

In code audit atm. Rich list, dunno about that, I am not worried though.

Yeah, but the point of this thread was asking for competition. If you have a rich list you are not fungible nor truly private.

There is no competition

/thread

does aeon count?

Yeah actually. Other coin would be electroneum.
These both are monero forks though.

No, it's less private than Monero (doesn't feature Confidential Transactions). It's the Monero's meme little brother (Like Litecoin is to Bitcoin).

Are we about to moon?

Yeah, aeon actually has optional privacy.

They've been talking about revealing their source code for like a fucking year. What's the hold up

Kek

Seriously, did anyone else lose funds after the recent wallet update? I tried everything they said and I'm still without some funds.

Iota is a great idea in theory but the devs are shitheads and the wallet is pure cancer.

Ring signatures seems to be king though.

little refuel below 350 and now straight up to 500. If dash can make 1000, xmr can make 1500

Working on their product. Focus on that, then audit, then open source, then marketing.

XMR should make 3000

MimbleWimble will kill Monero, though I believe Monero intends to implement it once it's ready.

Monero will be replacing RingCT's with StringCT's.

Why? The mainchain will never go away.

May I present to you -- the most undervalued privacy coin right now.

pls

1 node = only 43 zen

ZenCash competes with ZCash which is worth 15 times what ZenCash is. ZCash does not obfuscate your IP meaning governments know when you use it, ZenCash does obfuscate meaning nobody knows if you use it. So ZenCash is without a doubt one of the most under-valued coins. The only other coin that might compete with it is ZCoin, which competes with Dash. Again Dash is worth around 15 times that of ZCoin and ZCoin is better in every way.

Trustless zk-snarks are called zk-starks and they create more blockchain bloat than zk-snarks. That's why ZCash will likely never switch. Monero was planning on implementing zk-starks and if they do they have a shot at keeping their spot atop the crypto ladder but with only ring signatures the coin is fucked as it cannot scale for shit.

Zencash will also do more than just transactions, it will be a secure messaging and publishing platform. Teeka endorsed it already, buy while no one is talking about it you'll be thankful in 2018.

you cannot have a respectable privacy coin if there is a proprietary library in you coin that cannot be audited

Ring signatures require 100 times more data on the blockchain than Bitcoin transactions. If Monero does not implement zk-starks it is fucked. Good news is that they have talked about implementing zk-starks, but ring signatures cannot compete with the new privacy protocols.

Monero is replacing RingCT's with StringCT's which are lot smaller, they also implement bulletproofs. ZCash hasn't been audited yet and there are already lots of criticism on its privacy. And also again it's optional privacy so not really a competition.

There's Aeon

Zec is 20% founder reward scam.