What's the in-universe explanation of this level of sexual dimorphism among the orcs?

What's the in-universe explanation of this level of sexual dimorphism among the orcs?

I said IN-UNIVERSE

They're an artificial race. The men were created as expendable cannon fodder for a Dark God/Dark Lord, and the females were made to give as gifts to liuetenants or to tempt people to join.

The same reason Draphs are giant fuckmountains of muscle or uber-curvy shortstacks: Male Orcs are bred for war and labor, female Orcs are bred to be able to survive pushing out and rearing litters of male Orcs.

The creator of the universe is a virgin fucktard that wants to wank.

makes sense

I said IN-UNIVERSE

Which universe?

Stop posting.

It's like the pigs and trees in that one Jehovah's Witnesses book.

any universe where that's the case

Clearly they're different breeds of orc. One's green, the other is gray. The greenskin is also probably a half-orc.

no, it's a case of sexual dimorphism, not species variation.

What are you talking about?

Then it depends on the setting. My suggestion still stands.

Be specific, be open about your fetish, or stop shitposting.

I might end up stealing this for my setting's warrior race.

Orcs reproduce en masse, and so have more females than males.

Females therefore have to compete to attract a mate.

Over generations, females with wide hips and generous breasts have become the most common, while the same pressures don't apply to males of the species.

I legitimately refuse and I don't have to give you a specific answer, this is a test of your creativity, not of your knowledge of various settings.

You'd either have to have two distinct breeds of female or have them still be produced artificially or else you'd struggle to explain the numbers of males running around relative to sexy lithe females. My suggestion? Disgusting broodmothers that birth both.

why not make orc males sexy too

Then it's roleplaying and belongs on /qst/ or you have framed your thread incorrectly.

Are you working on a setting where this is the case and you need to think of justification as to why?

Wouldn't the orcs constantly have to fight off human and elven slavers trying to steal their women?

I don't think you understand how breeding works, user.

Age and art style, mostly. They aren't that dismorphic after accounting for those.

Just make it into a running gag, like Superman and his perfect secret identity.

This obviously isn't roleplaying, I'm asking you to come up with ideas, not to pretend to be a character.

If you have neither ideas nor any solid reason to keep disrupting this thread with obnoxious comments, please leave.

Not if they're the ones attacking the slavers to populate their harems.

man i just started typing that sentence and it finished itself ive been here too long

>orcs just pretend to be ugly
but why?
tell that to the evil god who spat them into existence.

Those pictures aren't from the same universe.

why would they need harems of other species if they have the best-looking girls in the world?

They're an artificial race

The Dark Lord thought it would funny if the males had huge tits, feminine facial features, wide hips and tiny dicks

And that the females are disgusting monsters that look like somebody took a knife to their face

the filename indicates that the hot ones are the females.

But I find the idea of female orcs having a tiny dick interesting nonetheless.

The gods must be crazy

>What are you talking about?
You know, that book with the pigs and the trees that have sex with each other

And that one human kid whose girlfriend is a bug.

You know what I'm talking about.

But these two pictures aren't from the same setting. You're an idiot, OP.

now they are

you're the idiot for not realizing this

On the left is a picture of female orcs as they appear in real life, and on the right is how they depict themselves in artwork.

Separate races of orcs, I've seen plenty of depictions of fuck ugly female orcs and I've seen depictions of pretty good looking male orcs. Other than that sexual preference is always a thing, maybe to the female orcs the disfigurement is attractive while the male's like they're women more traditionally attractive and so it's just selective breeding.

Because the harems belong to the girls duh.

you know that sounds pretty good; ritual disfigurement as a manhood initiation

Seriously, are we talking about a specific setting? If you're implying some ephemeral hypothetical it's sort of redundant, because as fantasy it's entirely nonstandardized. That's why people ask "what setting" or say "depends on the setting." Not just because we're having some reductive bash on whatever you're doing, but because if it IS something specific, the discussions could be very different and interesting. If you are worldbuilding, say that.

Sorry if I seem snappy but when it comes to this sort of phrasing it tends to be shitposting MOST OF THE TIME.

I said
"any setting where that's the case"

If you could spend as much effort coming up with explanations as you spend efforts coming up with excuses to not do that, you'd already have found something fun and interesting.

It depends on the setting.

>have pig orcs
>males ugly but still somewhat bearable to look at
>they keep telling about how hot their wives are
>like seriously hot, the hottest women you will ever see
>follow them to their village to get a glimpse at that sweet orc booty
>8 ft tall 700 lbs heavy orc sows with 4-8 titties who look like the ugliest fucking thing on the planet, the kind of repulsive that makes your genitals dry up and physically retract into your body

THIS is how you do orcs

Then rephrase your question.
How would you justify x in a setting of yours?

It exists everywhere in the nature, why should it need a justification? It's normal.

Although, I have to admit that it bugs me a lot when I see it. Even if there's nothing explicitly wrong with it from the rational point of view, I can't get the image of a lustful neckbeard who came up with it out of my head.

>every species has lithe, curvy females and muscular, unattractive males

how about
>every species has lithe, unattractive males and muscular, curvy females?

In my homebrew setting there was no sexual dimorphism in any race originally. Eventually, a brutish race of humanoid beasts who bred by parasite injection subdued a race of lithe fay creatures. ( In this setting, 'fay' is seen in terms of them being simpler, almost mono-cellular life form rather then the traditional Druidic connotation with the phrase. )

Over thousands of years of subjugation the two races became symbiotic with each other, eventually most outsiders not even seeing them as a separate race at all as both of them evolved to fit the others needs. From this combined race others would evolve over time, the dimorphism between them becoming less and less extreme over time - the Orcs, the closest to that original race biologically would have the most dimorphism out of any race!

>every species has males

Forgetting about elves, are we

a wizard did it

I figured SOMEBODY would have posted that Oglaf by now.

That's why they're big and intimidating.

And capable of tearing your leg out of hip.

Birds have a rather generous sexual dimorphism. Same with certain fish, namely the angler.

In Tolkienverse. To reward the cruel warlords of the Human kingdoms for their service. As nothing more than toys for children who would break them through their lack of care. Often as a return for tribute of women for their eggs to create the Uruk Hai

I can't give you a reason but I wanna know source for that orcslut so I can start beating my manmeat like a champ.

>Yeah,I'm making a REALISTIC FANTASY setting
>But in fact those are just green humans

I mean you literally cannot fit the breeding capacity you need into a tiny orc lady like that. Unless orcs are born super small relatively like puppies.

they are diferent ethnic

i wanna make half orcs with this one

He's referencing speaker for the dead, I believe. One of the later books in the ender's game franchise. The writer is Mormon, his grandad actually lead the Mormons west. Mormon Moses, Google it. Also never read the books. Ender's Game has merit, the ones after are just... Weird.

>but why?
It's their culture.

>Green muscle elf with scars

Great for a fap, not viable in a srs setting.

6.8/10 I'd worldbuild with you, but I'll kindly ask you to leave once we start the fappening.

>Orcs reproduce en masse, and so have more females than males.
>Females therefore have to compete to attract a mate.

That's the literal opposite of logic. If genetic pressures prioritize reproduction, then every womb is valuable, whether it's connected to volleyball tits or not.

I suppose the only possible justification would be that Orcs, like swans, are monogamous and mate for life. Orc males are essentially War-boy cannon fodder, so only a handful survive to breeding status, and for each one there;s only one female who gets to pump out like 300 babies.

They gave the orcs only one attractive female, and everybody wants her. Now they decided that she only brings unhappiness and so one of them will take her to the edge of the world and throw down.

doesn't explain why orc girls are hot and males ugly

>tiny orc lady like that
They are not in scale there. That lady is actually twice as tall as those males.

Orcs are capable of copulating with other species of humanoid origin. Every child born from a female orc is genetically 100% an orc. As such, female orcs have evolved for better sexual selection/compatibility across multiple humanoid species, but these selective pressures don't hold the same for male orcs. You could come up with other rationales for the "ugliness" of male orcs if you wanted, like this reproductive process causing mutations in the offspring from multiple concurrent generations of interbreeding. Perhaps orcs closer to other civilizations express more dimorphism, while those orcs closer to their homeland are more "pure" and express less dimorphism. Whether that means males and females are more or less conventionally attractive is up to you.

If you need a shitty hand-wavey biological justification, An orc ovum reacts to orc genetic markers in the selected sperm, allowing normal reproduction. If those genetic markers are missing, the DNA from the ovum cell destroys/replaces/overrides some parts of the sperm DNA before undergoing mitosis as usual.

sounds good to me

Might as well model female orcs off sub-saharan african women, with flat pancake tits, nappy wiry black hair and big lips. You look at those and they aren't the leats bit appealing. Also some tribes have absurd features like long necks and massive camel hump asses.

Have you seen the dimorphism in humans? I can see a pretty lady any day of the week, while handsome men might as well be unicorns

>The gods must be crazy

>They gave the orcs only one attractive female, and everybody wants her. Now they decided that she only brings unhappiness and so one of them will take her to the edge of the world and throw down.

Thanks anons, I have a big goofy smile now.

I hope more people understand.

you are probably male and also male sexuality is less diverse than female meanign men have a common standard of beauty and women don't. Guaranteed there is a girl out there who finds you attractive even if you'd never think you were.

that's 100% bullshit

more females = more wombs

having more men won't speed anything up.

so no girl out there finds you attractive? Jesus thats raw.

Because humans are weird

>What happens if the god of a fantasy world is a human neet

Orcs are mostly intermixed with humans from lots of rape. Orc females inherited the traits of their mothers which the males found appealing.

An orc shitposter would essentially be a Turk posting pictures of beautiful Turkish (orc) women with blonde hair and blue eyes as proof of their being white.

Those are from two different universes, though. There's no setting where the male orcs look like Tolkien orcs and the female orcs like like Warcraft orcs.

On this planet we literally have fish where the man are just spermsacks who get sucked dry and die. This level of sexual dimorphism is only unusual in that it occurs in mammals.

I can relate

Not him, but he's right. When you look at what men find attractive it can get incredibly diverse and incredibly weird. With women it's all the same shit: a high-status male with ideally a lot of resources. I'm trying not to blame them for simply following their evolutionary urges (in the same way men follow theirs) but that's how it is. Hence why women go after roughly the same kinds of men all the time, especially if they have dark triad traits.

If you disagree, I have to ask you how many men consider height, income and a lack of/low status profession a dealbreaker. No wait, allow me to answer that
>None
>None
>"As long as she's not a hooker/stripper/criminal" (and even then most men will want to bone her)

>Implying that the Primoridal Spirit of Creation isn't the Ultimate, Turbo-Vrigin, NeckBearded, Fa/tg/uy
>Implying that the creation of the universe isn't just this Nothing's attempt to stop being nothing and make something of itself
>Implying that it wouldn't fill it's little pet Project full of It's own Memes and Magical realms, subtly and slowly.

Think about it, who else but a fa/tg/uy would be autistic enough to create a universe out of boredom.

I don't know if it usually is in halfway-decent/good fantasy. LOTR doesn't have female orcs (I think, and if they did, I think their narly like every other one) and warcraft/warcraft esq orcs are either muscle babes or muscle hunks. I'm sure there's some fantasy where the orc men are fugly and the orc females are babes, but I can't think of one I/we take seriously.

>That chest, that perfect jawline, that sexy bitable lower lip.

An evil wizard needs a dark horde of grunt footsoldiers, but also has a thing for curvy shortstacks.

Orcs are a slave race created by wizards

Fucking wizards

>big tits
>wide hips
>smells like death
>double-bagged face
nah

OP

isn't this also a thing in Norse Myth for Frost Giants? All the males are ugly as all fuck but the females were all beautiful?

Assuming orcs breed normally, attractiveness matters.

>he's never been to Scandinavia

>If you disagree, I have to ask you how many men consider height, income and a lack of/low status profession a dealbreaker.
Why do you apply standards of one gender to another? Men just value different stuff in women, it doesn't mean that men don't have standards.

Are you implying that Scandinavian men are ugly?

Then OP should be the one to explain the difference.

>Why do you apply standards of one gender to another?
To emphasize exactly how different they are. In the same way many women refuse to date men below 1.75m, many men are put off by serial killers.

Dare you enter my magical realm? Said the Demiurge to the spirits of the pleroma

Silly user. Turks are cockroaches, not orcs.

>thread about girl orcs
>Pretty much no qt orcs

I'm disappointed Veeky Forums

The current ones are an accident of the gender balance returning to normal. The superhot women were a result of a gross gender imbalance where there were like 7-8 women to every man thanks to raiding and trading. At least that's the theory. It's sort of borne out in the genetics; female attractiveness was a huge genetic advantage. Just like being strong and hardy was a huge genetic advantage for men. And this was a highly egalitarian society where women could essentially live like men if they were strong enough. Result: Scandinavians.

I figure the same is probably true with orcs.

>With women it's all the same shit: a high-status male with ideally a lot of resources.
>"girls don't want to be around me because I'm not rich"

I love how guys these days have convinced themselves that it's everyone else's fault that a supermodel didn't spontaneously appear in their bedrooms. It really makes it a lot easier to pick up 20-something girls because so many of them are frustrated that no guys their age have the balls to simply approach them and talk to them. I've got literally nothing going for me besides the ability to speak English and I don't have a problem.