The moral of the game is that religion is evil

>the moral of the game is that religion is evil

So... Sausage Party, except even more retarded?

Wasn't it called Lemon Party?

>Not!God is the good guy and the Atheists rebels were controlled by Not!Satan

Which game was that OP

> It's "An evil, bigoted chuch is trying to kill a good, totally-not-self-insert necromancer, whose undead workers revolutionized the industry with no drawbacks, purely because they are stupid, close-minded and hate advancement" episode
You are not being original, you fedora faglord.

Any jRPG inspired game, I imagine. Final Fantasy Tactics more or less had Jesus being the BBG, and another Final Fantasy game had the Virgin Mary as the end boss, complete with her son in a La Pieta pose.

I'm not asking (you), I'm asking the OP.

Go away frogposter.

That's a little reductionist, I think.

Final Fantasy Tactics was fairly complex, morally speaking, and I don't think Ajora can be seen as a direct parallel to Jesus.

Why not both?
>Not!God is good guy
>Not!Church that worships him is LE
>Atheist rebels are CE, and the Not!Church uses them as scapegoats

Congrats you are the GM of the game now.
When can we do chargen?

>Not!God is good guy
>Not!Church that worships him is LE
So there are going to be fanatics who really care about this objectively good God in this church, right? Explain why one of them hasn't gone berserk and purged the entire church leadership.

LE can be very very good at hiding the fact they are E from the populace.

Also not letting people read the Holy Book by writing it in a dead language.

Dumb frogposter.

Now. How would you clean house in the name of Not!God? How do you react Veeky Forums?

For a plausible answer, perhaps the religion is young and no particularly strong warriors have arisen yet. That's where the players come in.

Why must leddit be so predictable?

>necromancer
That was a huge red flag from the start.

hooooooooooo boy. Here we go.

Assuming this thread isn't pruned, anybody who's into it- grab popcorn and get ready for a show.

Imma just be over here, getting more and more depressed with each retarded post. Starting with my own, because we're even posting on Veeky Forums means you're developmentally delayed af

I've always objected to Latin being called a dead language. It is still spoken among the clergy of the Catholic church.

If it's a numbers thing then New Guinean tribal languages with only a few hundred at most living speakers should all also be considered dead languages.

It's can't be that it's static either because it's not. New words get commissioned as things get invented. Rome might not have had a Latin word for aeroplane but the church does.

It's just one of those things that irks slightly.

When your trust that someone already has the greater good in mind, it's very easy to be convinced that all sorts of horrendous acts are righteous. It might feel wrong in one way or another, but unless your spiritual advisor hands you a torch and say "light up the barbecue, I'll go get the babies," you're probably going to trust that there's a reason for it or that in the long run it's for the best.

Also it's more likely that the priests running day-to-day stuff at the local level run the gamut from "honestly wonderful person" to "mundanely evil shits" and all the really Evil stuff is done behind closed doors as part of a conspiracy the PCs slowly uncover.

go wear a fedora you fucking pathetic cunt.

Someday I'm going to run a game centered around a benevolent necroindustrialist who revolutionizes his country's way of life by rejecting religious taboos about necromancy as antiquated superstition just so I can subvert it. The old taboos were onto something, and the rampant use of necromancy is corrupting the entire country on multiple levels.

The church is very good at purging heretical elements.

>Reposting thread from /v/
>Even the same picture

>France, Italy, Spain, Portugal Belgium, Luxembourg and the Rhineland will never unite into a United Latin States
>They will never form a Franco-Italo-Hispano-Lusohybrid language that sounds like Latin's retarded little brother
jdimsa

>the game includes both religious and irreligious people of honor as well as irreligious and religious scumbags along with a huge majority of people of both inclination who ware just doing their best to muddle through.
>in fact this is true of every conceivable division you could make between people
>all ethical and political questions are difficult and ambiguous
>all factions have their glories but also their horrific crimes