Fantasy races munchikenry

I love strange and various high fantasy races. But if a setting have too much of those it feels dull, overcrowded and nothing is fleshed out.

Some anons here were sugesting to let the players make their charactres from any race and then create the world populated only by the races their chose (plus an evil race).

Worldbuild around it. Making races interconnected and fleshed out.

Have any of you tried someting similar?

P.S. new Goblin Slayer is out.

Gate scroll was an asspull.

He previously told someone to not touch his hyper dangerous scroll because it was his emergency "I Win" button.

Amazing foreshadowing.

when he said Gate my first idea was "it goes to the bottom of the sea". Then I had a couple others like heart of the sun and cosmic void .

My point is he could not have revealed the spell name in a previous chapter or people would have guessed the sea thing ruining any suspense.

No it was mentioned several times already

IS this a bad translation or some profound foreshadowing?

sauce?

No it was foreshadowed properly, your just a shit reader who needs everything spelled out for them in order to understand.

Goblin slayer. Yes, that is the name.

douche

Regarding multiple sapient species, I think it really only works in SciFi or Spelljammer type settings.

If you start going into too much detail, like food logistics or housing or weather, it's hard for so many disparate intelligent life to really have reach if they are limited to 1-2 cities. But in space, it's fine because, of course Murderhobos are going to go where lots of different people offering lots of different jobs are.

>Tells you the name of comic without any issue
>You call him a Douche
People like you make me feel bad

There was a poster in the last thread about how the scroll was a dumb plot-device to make them win after making it seem like they were going to lose. The entire thread pretty much shat on him.

After a little though though, I'm inclined to agree with that poster. """""""""foreshadowing"""""""" it by showing the scroll earlier doesn't do shit to help us accept that he pulled it out of his ass as an automatic victory device.

Never spoonfeed. But no one ever learns.

It turns out you were the douche the whole time, TWIST!

Is this a pasta now?
Cause I've read the exact same post word for word on /a/.
Go away, nobody likes you.

It's possibly so. They was a thread where we were shitting on the manga, the unrealistically aspects & more & someone invited /a/ over. There was a defense but Veeky Forums's criticisms were unsatisfactorily answered & Veeky Forums shat on them.

>you should all be assholes, like me!
>but they weren't smart enough to understand my wisdom

Pic unrelated

Fuck your DMPC

So who on Veeky Forums is that slaanesh cultist who always shows up on /a/?

I held them down for the shitting part.

Many of us shat over it though. The manga truly feels like a game session gone wrong with a confusing setting, DMPC using ridiculous tactics yet still being considered pragmatic & being successful & overall arbitrarily slimming the line between realistic & unrealistic whenever convenient.

So like real life then?

I always though it would be interesting where the only humanoid races are halfings(stand in for humans), gnomes(stand in for dwarves), fairies (stand in for elves), and goblins(stand in for orcs) but everything else being the same

now even normal sized wolves and bears are seen as huge and dangerous beasts.

I believe non humanoid races should have abilites to completely fuck up the dungeons.

Like flying, or pass though doors. Or produce an unlimited quantity of venom.

Something creative players can abuse to hell and back.

I prefer having several major races that inhabit 90% of the known world and are more or less conventional, and then numerous minor races that live in petty or secluded realms, or exist as minorities in the lands of other races, or inhabit nearly inaccessible locales such as the bottom of the ocean or the clouds. They still come up from time to time in the campaigns, and the players can even pick them as their characters if they insist, but there would usually be a penalty for picking a rare race.

Okay. You are never again allowed to use whatever cheesy builds you can think of in an RPG.

Literally any good adventurer ever has some sort of cheesy i win. I remember a story about someone with a book filled to the brim with explosive runes.

A once a time "I win" is not a bad thing. Rather, if you are bashing on it, you are likely a hypocrite because almost any RPG player worth their salt has some cheesy once a time method to get out of some serious shit.

Hating on OP builds in RPG's is retardation made flesh. RPG's are not competitive games where balance would actually matter, the only thing that matters is fun.

So I'm working on a homebrew race that's kind of on the back burner right now.

They look like people, but they've got hands where their feet would be like monkeys do, and they use their high manual and pedi dexterity for climbing and fighting. I want to make some weapons that could utilize their feet but that may or may not happen, maybe they'll just favor long-hilted weapons. Either way, it is a feature thay they're very proud of.

They are on the short side and they live in woodland canopies. They grow feathers instead of hair, but no wings. The feathers are meant to look like the leaves of the woods they live in and change with the seasons when they molt. They are hunter/gatherers and thieves as they have no natural or cultural talents in crafts or magic. They often admire those who do.

That's about all l have so far, pretty bare bones I know. Any suggestions on fleshing them out more, and do they sound like something you would ever want to play as?

Being serious, how high were you when you thought this up?

I'm pretty straight laced honestly. Why?

Just wondering. short monkey feathered people with really high dexterity seems like something someone would come up with when high.

Very cool, I appreciate your originality. But if you want to own these guys, don't ask for anybody's suggestions.

Mythology has creatures that are several orders of magnitude weirder.

It's STRAIT-LACED, you mooncalf.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them! I think that ideas are usually made better when other people get a shot at expanding on them and sometimes the suggestions are really cool things I wouldn't have thought up.

Okay.

>I remember a story about someone with a book filled to the brim with explosive runes.
Is that the one where the dude got a 0 on a check to throw it and blew up his own ship?

What if my fun includes having a backup plan so my character doesn't die, thus being able to continue the story.

Stop being a gary stue user.

Spoonfeeding in cases like this, where the name is in the fucking OP, just promotes retardation

Is he practical

I think in the LN it was something like "Goblins are more dangerous than you, anyway" which sounds more accurate..

Bad translation. What he really says is that goblins are more terrifying.

Bayonetta that shit

Who is he talking to? What have they done?

man, what the fuck would Goblin Slayer do to someone who tries to work with goblins?

Give them foot guns?

The Demon General possesed Ogre that GS just BTFO is the one talking.

Serious question, from someone who's only read the first four or five chapters:

What did it take for Goblin Slayer to give a fuck about a monster that wasn't a goblin?

It was in the way of killing goblins

Yeah, from what little I know of him, that ought to do it.

It was hanging out with the Gobs

I think he wanted a link user

I don't mind spoonfeeding manga sources here because finding it isn't a skill required for doing Veeky Forums things, but the average person is capable of operating a search engine without adult supervision.

In support of this, if you don't have even at least one manga aggregation site bookmarked, you're doing it wrong.

I remember when fe fought the second to last boss of a very long campaign and he wasn't able to land a single attack on us.

The master hated the player that pulled that one win button but damn as hell we had fun in that fight.

I was always curious what would naga people (long tail in place of legs and four arms) would use as weapons. Besides wielding 4 swords.

As for weaposn for your people... Maybe a kusarigama variant. You use your leg to control the lenght of the rotating chain Usualy you use another hand for precise control but in your case you can get a free hand.

>Making setting
>Don't even do certain parts of the setting because I don't want to do stock fantasy/random animal people but I don't want people to bully me for over using humans.

At some point how you do the races really doesn't fucking matter as long as you do them well. Just fucking do whatever the fuck works best for you

That'd be cool, kusarigama are dope. When you get to thinking about eastern weapons, tiger claw hook swords sound like the perfect kind of weapon for them to use as well. Lots of possibilities when you have that much utility in your arms and legs.