Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Ordo Draconis edition.

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

grimandperilous.com/?p=1058
torgaming.co.uk/britanan-category/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Someone Picked Up the Rights to WFRP

grimandperilous.com/?p=1058

Are there any cultural things that you wish the setting had included more direct allusions to, to put things like !notFrance and !notGermany politely?

If a new edition of WFRP is released, what do you want to see.

Cool. I hope it wont turn out to be AoS.

Cubicle 7 did The One Ring and a lot of Call of Cthulhu stuff. And they have T.S. Luikart.
I'm sure it will be fine. GW keeps their licensees on a tight leash anyway.

Well, if someone who wasn't GW was writing the fluff for AoS maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it is?

A glimmer of hope.

Can I get some pics of Ulric worshipers?

anyone know what the green pirate guy is named? or if they have his picture

This remains my single favorite piece of fantasy art.

Now there's a scary thought. Who would want to Role-play in that mess?

Here's hoping they leave the special dice at home this time.

Well, 3rd was a complete and categorical failure, and dice-jewing is mostly FFG's thing. Still, I'm concerned they'll make some faggy d20 thing.

I'm guessing half the reason WFRP was picked up was because GW wasn't interested in licencing AoS out as a roleplaying game.

check out my stones lads

More likely they offered it and nobody bit.

If they had a brain they'd tie it in with the models. I know models aren't to everyone's liking but D&D's seem to sell alright and it might help to bring some people over from the wargame.

Nice, what's it for?

thanks user, its for a tonk and a spawn collectively, spawns barely begun but he will be standing on the large rock

Why would a steam tank be in an urban setting? Seems like a place that would restrict it's value.

Nice. You're a brave man using spawns.

It would but if your entire army is based for an Empire city, having one model on a grass base will look weird.

In Vermintide the streets of even a smallish Empire town seem to be quite wide though.

This probably isn't the right place to ask but does anyone have a copy of Dragons Rampant fantasy skirmish rules?

I wanted a Kislev army again.

(But not fucking "warbear" cavalry. Maybe one war bear ridden by the Tsar or Tsarina)

as user says here
also it would fit thematically for an army on parade, or an army on defence of a city (where do you think the steam tanks live) or just traveling along a cobblestone major road between nuln and the imperial engineers school.
But I get where you are coming from.

thanks user, I need one for the eye of the gods tables I believe, I'm not sure how much I'll use it but I'll damn well make sure I include it at least sometimes

If there's one thing I hate, it's themed mounts.

It's such low-hanging fruit to give, say, Ulricans giant wolves to ride, or Bears for Kislevites or White Lions for Chracians or Demigryphs for Empire. It's that thinking that gave us those fucking wolf cavalry and the chariot for Space Wolves in 40k.

Now, as it happens, I quite like the Demigryph design, because they're original to a degree. And the White Lion chariot at least isn't cavalry.
But man if bear cavalry don't get my goat.

Give him/her a bear as a loyal pet with a 'look-out-master' roll or something.

I think it gets cringey when they'll ride anything with four legs. Having the odd strange creature per faction is fine, it's when they're riding them. Bears generally don't like to be ridden but can be loyal companions in very rare circumstances.

It was cool with Tzar Boris because, not only was his model pretty sweet and actually made the bear look big and awesome, but there was a fair bit of backstory to his relationship with the bear. He had to fight it, and then with it, and after his death the bear is still rumored to be hunting his enemies. It was unique to him - as far as I know, the Tzarina rides a horse, and at best some people can train bears for combat, but not as mounts.

But otherwise, I really do agree with you. They have cool enough horsemen as it is, with both a Polish and Cossack theme.

I'm iffy on the Demigryphs myself - sometimes I think they should have gone to Bretonnians, but I like the idea of the Knights of Taal demigryph order in the Empire. But the White Lions are awesome, because you don't expect them to be ridding/used with chariots, let alone in a wargame sometimes. And while Ulrican wolves would be lazy, the goblin wolf riders were a really fun idea.

Now, the one that I say I gotta hate is the Wood Elves riding fucking deer or elk. At least the eagles were kinda interesting, even if a LoTR ripoff, but that was always Warhammer's charm, its loving ripoffs.

I hate the demigryphs.

I liked when there was just ONE demigryph for Bruchner.

Loyal pet is good idea. Give it some stats for fighting and it's a dual-unit like Gotrek & Felix.

>First for Someone Picked Up the Rights to WFRP
>grimandperilous.com/?p=1058

Got me all excited at first, but...

>Modiphius Entertainment
A "please use our system" company that'd be unlikely to actually make a successor to WFRP2.

>Asmodée Group
Literally greedy corporate jewry: the corporation, that'd just assign FFG to churn out condensed turds. I really liked WH40kRP, but the longer they had it, the more apparent it became that they had no idea what they were doing or where they were taking things, and they never liked the d100 system to begin with.

>Cubicle 7
This is the only one with any real potential, but it also looks like a garage operation, and I'm not sure they'd have the capital to actually make good books. The good thing is that they look like they'd be the only ones likely or willing to do a successor to WFRP2, and it'd probably be their biggest IP deal, potentially making them really go for it, as opposed to FFG:s tendency to let it linger in forgotten obscurity, and potentially making them want to go "all in".

Regardless of who gets it, the question is really whether GW would even let them go for something that isn't Derp Times or Age of Smegmar. Post-Storm of Chaos was an amazing, amazing set-up, with enormous potential, most of which was wasted. From a roleplaying standpoint, in the Warhammer Fantasy setting, another point in time doesn't really come close, and certainly not any point in the End Times/Age of Suckmar setting, either.

To be honest, I'm just pleased GW hasn't embargoed Fantasy out of spite.

>slayer
>priest of sigmar (with a swastika on his head?)
>bright wizard
>some sort of mercenary

The only character I can't figure out is who the grey-haired woman is supposed to be.

She's token.

It seems Cubicle 7 got it. That's actually interesting, to say the least, even if it takes a year or more before we see something come from it.

Considering that the whole of End Times reads as a big "fuck you!" to fans of Warhammer Fantasy, it's almost strange.

The swastika was added because the image kept getting posted elsewhere on Veeky Forums when I needed to use it, back when there was a WFB general and a WHFRP general.

But yeah, it's three obvious ones and two unknowns. I think the grey-haired woman is supposed to be some knight-thing or just a mercenary, I'm not sure if they had thought of the whole Bretonnian Secret Waifu thing yet, and the guy with the raven I always considered as being a cartographer or something.

They should've just gone with the people in the opening story, really.

It's a canon fact that the last tsar rode a bear, but he was incredibly unusual.

The tsarina does not.

The woman appears to be a knight. She's wearing a coat of arms and all.

That would make her rare indeed, but it does happen in the Empire and Bretonnia (albeit in "secret" there).

Personal coat of arms, whether officially recognized or not, are common in the Empire, though.

There's even a table for generating a personal heraldry in the character creation supplement for WFRP2, the "Character Pack".

I know a fair few people don't like the idea of women being knights in Bretonnia, even in secret, but I love the idea of people finding work-arounds to really strict rules, or even governments with very strict rules occasionally looking the other way. The best other example I can think of offhand was how in Skyrim, it was implied that the Empire allowed secret worship of Talos to keep going, even when officially it was outlawed.

The way I view it is that Bretonnian culture is such that if you make a token effort to masquerade as a man, then you will be humored as long as you keep it up. Of course, if you aren't a noble, expect no such courtesy.

It's not impossible, though, for a woman to believably pass as a man, so that probably does happen. Short-cut hair, a helmet, and the androgynizing nature of mail and gambeson help.

Kids wont mind. They have terrible taste.

no.
praise sigmar ok.

what are the chances they make a supplement for large-scale combat? D&D had something like that, IIRC.

Praise Ulric.

cool khornates

>(But not fucking "warbear" cavalry.
what's the point then? we don't need another Bretonnia, aka "Knightly Orders the Armybook".

Bretonnia without bears is Chaos Warriors with just Marauders and no heavy armoured guys or monsters, period.

wud u pat a skaven?

Nope. They are disgusting creatures and they don't exist.

I would not pet a Skaven, no. They're pretty disgusting.

what army's more fun to play at 500pts (and whatver T9A equivalent is) - Lizardmen or Empire?

>Considering that the whole of End Times reads as a big "fuck you!" to fans of Warhammer Fantasy

Stop being a melodramatic little bitch. They gave a big story to mark Fantasy's passing, that's not a fuck you even if you didn't like it.

That's not melodrama, it's just how it reads. It's hardly a fitting send-off. It was just a counter-setting set-up for AoS, whether you liked it or not.

Have anyone tried to play WHFRP using FATE?
Is it possible or are FATE assumptions so different from WHFRP's so different that running warhammer on FATE would destroy warhammer's "feel"?

It's a bit of fun, really.
The idea of someone masquerading as a member of the nobility is a common trope and has a decent amount of comedic potential.
It's also a good way for people to play a female character with a certain status without making the world unaccountably progressive.

Man, you know what was a good movie? A Knight's Tale was a good movie. And a perfect template for a WFRP campaign.
The party is, what, a Squire, a Valet, a Herald, a Tradesman and a... Protagonist?
And it has the perfect in media res campaign opening too.

#notmywarhammer

let me #correcttherecord

So, question: Donyou think that Relic's Britinan mini's would make a good counts as army for the Empire? They mostly include riflemen, Long Swords and a bit of calvary, although they are a bit small. I ask because I really adore the mini's, but I know for a fact that nobody in my group of regulars will bother picking up a whole new system.

I'd be okay with that.

Its easy to see why people get that impression.

It would taker either spite or incompetence to make a 'send off' that unpalatable to fans of the game.

I'm sitting here, making a WFRP2 character, and I've got 11 gold to blow. What are some good things to remember to buy on character creation?

I've only got the basic kit and the kit of an apprentice wizard, so far. I haven't gotten anything.

Kislev, different kinds of Norse, Araby, Tilea, Estelia, Border Princes, Southlands, Chaos Dorfs, Strigany, Sartosa, Kurgan.

>apprentice wizard
Spell components could be good idea no matter what adventure are you going to have.
With channelling and component you have 70% chance to cast dart.
Sadly we don't know prices for spell components.

I would with an axe.

Yes.

Well, probably no one would *literally* be a Squire if the party is all commoners in Bretonnia, but you could easily use the career as a counts-as. I think you've got the career choices right, too.

The issue of 'squires' in Bretonnia lore is a bit complex. Even in the RPG, there are sources that mention them, and others that say that they don't eixst.

So far, it seems that they will cover Handrifles and Long swords pretty darn well, but the "calvary" is far too small. Also, they lack any bows or crossbow mini's, along with artillery of any kind, unfortunately. So I'll need to think of some other Construct miniatures that could fill those roles.
torgaming.co.uk/britanan-category/

In WFRP, what source of fire could a character have if he's not a wizard of some description?

I really think a fight with a river troll would spice up my group's travel down the Reik, but I also worry it'd just wipe the floor with them.

Well, if your party is at all smart, they stole or bought an oil lamp before hitting the road, or are traveling with someone that owns one. It makes for a quick and easy firebomb, of course.

Flint and tinder are available, but obviously not useful in a fight. Black powder more explodes than burns. One might throw oil on the troll than chuck a torch at it too.

Lamp/Lamp-Oil.
Torches.
Flint & Tinder.
Molotovs of any kind.

If they're smart, they'll douse the troll in oil or something and then stick it with a torch. If you're mostly after the fire, it could also work to have clubs or maces that have been turned into makeshift torches.

Except strength, and other sexually dimorphic realities. (Which is all that matters in a fight between a man and a woman)

No, far more important than strength are going to be skill and reach, the latter of which women tend to have a pronounced disadvantage at.

Considering Bretonnian knights usually fight from the saddle with a lance, the horse and the skill of the lancer are more important than any personal strength or reach, though.

Law of averages tells us that female knights are going to be more mannish if they last any time at all, more Brienne of Tarth-y in build. Of course, Brionne poets are probably more inspired by the taboo of a beautiful noblewoman who can also fight, however rare they likely are.

Speaking of kuhniggits of Brionne, I have an NPC in my WFRP game and am trying to track down Bretonnian songs for him to plague the PCs with, or else period songs that'll be easy enough to use without anyone calling foul.

Any help? Page numbers would be great, too, this game has a hell of a lot of splatbooks and fansplats.

Strangely enough, despite it existing within the lore I can't find any references to tobacco in WFRP2. I'm not sure how expensive I should make tobacco. Any ideas lads?

I'd look at luxuries like wine and brandy to place it. I know they grow it in the Moot.

Here. I'm guessing 'Carroburg Fayre' is the same tune as 'Scarborough Fair'.

So say, 1 silver schilling for a pouch of tobacco? That should make it fairly common but still a luxury item.

>It's hardly a fitting send-off.

It is, you just don't like the story.
It was a big climactic bash with plenty fireworks.
You can not like it, but it's no fuck you.

>Its easy to see why people get that impression.

No, not really. I can see why people don't like.
But it's nothing but salt to say it was meant as a fuck you.

Seems about right.

How well does WFRP 2e work outside of the Warhammer setting?

I had a mind to use it for a homebrew fantasy setting I'm working on based on the North American frontier in the late 1700's/early 1800's, because RPGs in that time period are hard as balls to find normally and the 1600's of Warhammer Fantasy's setting is close enough.

D100 should work fine, but you might want to stat up mundane animals, and of course create custom careers (pretty easy).

Personally, I also buff firearms to make them considerably more dangerous.

I figure that fighting from horseback in general might help make things more fair for a lady fighter - the speed and strength of the horse 'multiplies' the strength of your blows, whether you're swinging a melee weapon or using a lance. And the fact that Bretonnian knights are heavily armored probably helps make them more survivable. I could see them getting away with being a little less muscular.

Considering that everyone in Bretonnia is horse-obsessed enough that even peasants would probably know how to ride, I'm not too surprised that a noble lady would be able to make it as a knight. There's even a system in place to give those with little experience some practical on-hands training, i.e. the Knights Errant. They may not survive (and probably would still do worse than the average male knight because they haven't been groomed for it since birth), but they don't necessarily have to be in top military form from the beginning, or go some form of training to find friends or get experience.

anyone have that map that shows old elf settlements in the old world? I need it for something I am doing.

>the speed and strength of the horse 'multiplies' the strength of your blows,
10x0 is still 0.
You would also have to be legit retarded to reduce your wife population in a setting as dark as WHFB. That's a good way to be extinct within 40 years

especially WOMEN FROM THE NOBILITY.
so retarded.

It's not like this is a terribly logical setting in the first place.

1.) Lance fighting uses the horse's strength. The rider's strength is mostly used in aiming and holding the lance steady. A woman could be an effective lancer if she was sufficiently athletic.

2.) Bretonnia does not condone or allow a woman to be a knight. If she IS discovered or unmasked, she's sent home to be disciplined and returned to the life of a woman, or else exiled.

If it's 0, I'm real surprised that they're trying to be a knight instead of being stuck in a bed.

But using your metaphor, even if they only had a strength of 1, the resulting 10 would still be more than an infantryman with a strength of 5. She could get by, even if she's not as good as a strength 5 male, and that's assuming she never manages the metaphorical 2 or 4.

And as another user pointed out, this is not a condoned activity. Aside from Repanse de Lyonesse, who was somehow blessed by the Lady, there has never been a female knight in Bretonnia that was not doing so in secret.

And Bretonnia is pretty fucking retarded in its population problems anyway, what with nobles obsessed over their lineage and peasants practically forced to inbreed, and hundreds of young Knights Errant being pressured to wander about the country and fight things, and probably die in the process due to lack of experience. With a setting like WFHB, you have to wonder how there's enough men to keep the population going, let alone why they aren't pressuring women to take up arms to replace the menfolk. But of course, 'as many elves as the plot demands.'

Okay, what the hell pages are The Black Dragon Crest and The Heart is a New Strung Bow on? I can never find the fuckers when I flip through the splats, and naturally they're not in the index.

Page 3 of NDM (5 of the pdf)
Page 40 of RotIQ (42 of the pdf)

Thank you.

for a second I thought they were selling WFRP stuff again

What's a good way to fluff a Magic Dart spell for a Grey Wizard/Shadowmancer Apprentice?

the dart is a shadow and it hits the targets shadow and causes harm to the target

If they've gone to the effort of updating the license holder that's probably next on the agenda.

Remember that there hasn't been any kind of announcement yet. Someone heard a rumour, Grim and Perilous confirmed it and then discovered the license thing.

>blast some raw Shadow wind to the opponent
>since they are not attuned to the wind, the sudden influx of magic hurts them

or just an ethereal shadow arrow that only the target can feel

>But of course, 'as many elves as the plot demands.'
Or old world is not as dangerous as it sounds. What we get in books may as well be inaccurate.
If we get info about our world from news we learn that we live on dying planet full of thieves, corrupt officials, murderers, robbers and terrorists and we are on the brink of war that will end the world as we know.

yeah but this is just pushing. Woman in nobility are crucial for peace and alliances

And headpatting.

Not if your only child is female and you want her to inherit under your name.

There's a female knight in the Knights of the Grail sourcebook in this predicament. She's trying to find a way to deal with producing an heir.