My gm gave me 90k gold to hear my character because we start at high levels. What would you but in 3.5?

My gm gave me 90k gold to hear my character because we start at high levels. What would you but in 3.5?

> 3.5
You should start with buying a better taste.

way to tell us what class you are
way to tell us about the tone of the game
way to tell us what books are allowed
way to tell us what level you are
way to not be a fucking faggot

Do you start with levels? If not, ask him if you can use the age-old D&D-duel rule that let you convert 2 gold pieces to 1 experience point.

(Or was it the other way around? I can't remember).

>playing 3.5
>in 2017

>Anno domini 2017
>Playing 3.5 edition D&D

Hatsworth would have better taste than 3.5.
Spend it all on building a trade company to the orient for more tea.

>>playing 3.5
>>in 2017

I can't believe you;re still upset. People love 3.5, and they're not going to stop anytime soon, no matter how long you bitch and complain.

It's a great system. While it has well known flaws, it still stands head and shoulders over 99% of the games out there thanks to it's fantastic core mechanic and the wealth of options it has. Just because it takes a little bit of finesse to understand which options to use together doesn't make it a bad system, it just makes it a system you don't like.

Give it up already. This has gone on long enough.

kill yourself.

> It's a great system.
> stands head and shoulders over 99% of the games
> fantastic core mechanic
> a little bit of finesse
Please continue, user, you are most amusing.

Immunity to mind-affecting, immunity to level/ability drain, immunity to death magic, freedom of movement, some form of flight, some form of invisibility, some form of concealment, some source of true seeing.

Armor in 3e is a noob trap and you should never spend a single dime on it unless you're forced or it provides an actual benefit, other than slightly inflating the single most useless number on your character sheet.

Shields are worse than armor.

Several bundles of CLW wands.

Also
>90k
>high level

3.5 if the unfortunate target of five groups.

4e fans, because they are still upset about people not wanting to play 4e and instead preferring even Pathfinder over it. It's a remnant of past bitterness from the days of the edition wars.

2e fans, because they're some nasty grognards who have hated the game for 17 years now but no one listened to them until 5e came out and now they feel empowered.

These two form the "Grandchildren get along with their grandparents so well because they both share a common enemy" binary.

GURPS players, because they are mostly contrarians who have a legacy of hating how popular D&D is and wish more people would play their game.

All those other little game players, because they blame 3.5's popularity from keeping people away from their games, and while they also blame 5e, it's too popular at the moment for them to say much against it.

Trolls, who enjoy repeating meaningless complaints ad nauseum just because they know that they can switch from one complaint to the next forever, and regardless how pointlessly they argue, they're only here for the argument anyway.

It's unfortunate, but they're more than willing to shitpost at the mere mention of 3.5, because they are so consumed with blind hatred towards a game that's nowhere near as bad as they've convinced themselves it is.

I agree with the first line of your post, but everything else must have come out of the mouth of someone who shouts at abandoned shopping carts in the parking lot. 3e is a wide spectrum study in bad design and one of the worst products on the market that isn't actually dead.

The game is not so bad, but it consistently attracts the worst scum in the hobby.

It's also a shining example of some truly great design, with some hard decisions made to handle issues that had started to erode aspects of 2e. It's been picked apart so much that its flaws are well known and some of its design has now gone out of fashion, but for its time it really was a landmark title and its influence and impact on the industry is a testament to that. There's a reason it swept up so many game design awards, and while part of that is its brand power, there's also great examples of micro and macro design that make it able to hold together comparably well despite its size.

Though the D&D game has evolved beyond the marks it set, it's still an important stepping stone in the evolution of games. Even when examined as a stand alone game it still manages to hold up fairly well despite being almost archaic at this point, and everyone from small children to old men can still be found playing and enjoying a game that unfortunately seems to trigger some excessively obnoxious trolls here who seem to have the intention of stopping any and all discussion of the game they hate.

>playing 3.5
>in 2017

>still shitposting

Give it up, you butthurt troll. People are going to play 3.5 for years to come, no matter how much you shitpost.

I don't know what class you're playing so I have no fucking clue where to begin beyond the literal basics - basic stat boosters/enhancement bonuses, save resistance bonuses, extra movement modes that you can't get from your class, immunities that you didn't get from your class, consumables.
Fuck off retard, this isn't the thread for your bullshit.

Shields are useful but only because you can animate them and have a shield+all of the defensive benefits for no real cost beyond gold.

Complain in the right direction first, you mouth-breather.

I am complaining in the right direction, you're derailing a thread because of trolls, as if that isn't what they wanted you to do.

Don't try to defend the anti-3.5 trolls.
Imagine if any time you mentioned a popular game you wanted to talk about, an autist started spamming about how you should play another game.

>hold together comparably well
>hold up fairly well
That's is hilariously untrue. You underestimate the power of marketing, brand recognition, and sheer market dominance. It has nothing to do with game quality and everything to do with the OGL and it being one of the only games normies will encounter in a game shop.

Fine. Let's end it with a "Those trolls are faggots", and only six or so posts have been spent reaching that conclusion.

You mean every thread about any popular game?

What's the going rate for a paid soldier? Like 2 goldpieces a day?

That's like 500 armed men for a campaign season.

>3.5 player
>asks Veeky Forums for metagame instructions
sounds about right

>It's a great system