Infinity General - US Ariadna and PanO BTFO Edition

Last thread we had some great Combined Army memes, some TAG shit posting, and not to mention the cuckening of the US Ariadna players. Also Magharabi Guard are fair.

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where you'll totally get that sweet HI real soon.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Spain)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Eastern_Europe)
crowdrise.com/road-to-interplanetary/fundraiser/aaroncooke
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/n3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is this general always crawling with loudly vocal Ariadna players? From the Kazak and USAfags screeching for their missing content to the players whining that their camospam gets counetred by smoke and evil MSV snipers, to silly paranoid ideas about CB hating this or that IRL country (this is more of a specialty of the Poleposters but the 2 groups are widely overlapping) nearly everyone is complaining.
I think they surpassed both PanO and YJ players in term of whine, and that's astounding on itself. Is it time for a containment thread?

Operatorfags gonna operate.

It's time for a containment gas chamber.

update that subtitle u fag

also link to last thread

It's silly, CB doesn't hate anyone, they're just astoundingly ignorant, and their idea of research for background involves looking at the color plates in Osprey books.

>muh Osprey bashing meem
spot the Veeky Forums reject

At least it isn't the Pan-O whinging going on in the forums.

>CB doesn't hate anyone
*except aliens

To be fair, I think usarf release schedule was/is shit and with pretty lackluster models.

>surpass both PanO and YJ in bitching
They're about the same as them. Though YJ has had much less to bitch about recently.

appropriation of the cultural kind. offending people with teutonic knights or making the only Lithuanian character in the game black. Support for american imperialists, by giving them a faction. Not a word in the CB fluff on how important Lithuania is to the EU space program, and by virtue of that no Lituanians on Ariadna, but somehow russians are there, when everyone knows they die out in 40+ years, and get replaced by an asian population.

the game is fun. and a lot of the models look very nice. But CB seems to be pandering to evil people and groups. But then again it is so hot there, so they get confused.

I wish I could brand your comment as an example of Poe's Law but I have the disturbing feeling that you're serious. Or maybe you're bamboozling me with your advanced roleplay skills,

Anyway
>>>tumblr.com

SOooo....

We all go on about models we want resculpts on, but which of the old models are fine the way they are?

I'm not bashing Osprey, they have their uses, I'm bashing using extremely simplified sources as primary sources.

Can you try harder? It's very entertaining and I'd like to see more.

New line kazaks, swc celestial guard box, new monks or at least female monk. New hawza and a new saladin. I don't think the game needs any more models right now. Maybe a szazer box for ariadna, but that is more or less a dream to be dreamt of.

I think the para-commandoes don't need a resculpt. the rifle one is good, maybe the face needs a fix.

Never played the older editions.

>N3 is shit
Why?

It nerfed my army. Before QK dominated. I also had a for fun ariadna army to play vs new players.
Now the first one doesn't work, and the second one gets raped by msv's everywhere. Ah and limited insartion was probably the stupidest idea since GW making AoS.

Could you be even more obvious?

AOS is so better than Infinity ... you poor spanish cocksucker.

>Acheron Falls 2016

Of the factions/units I'm interested in...None really. I'll always prefer newer and more improved models.

New player here looking to get into infinity, I'm coming from 40k as a dark eldar player so was wondering what armies in infinity have that sort of play style(fast moving low durability hit and run) the fellow at my FLGS recommended a US Ariadna biker army so I was thinking of starting something like but was wondering what advice you have.

there are certainly models that aged well and don't need an immediate resculpts, for example (speaking only for YJ and ALEPH here) Oniwaban, the old crane rank, Sun Tze, YJ remotes, old Garudas and Dakinis (apart from the derpyface), Marut.
I still want resculpts for these models eventually but for the time being they're good, unlike those ugly bastards the Keisotsu or "Dwarfo" Oyama, pic related

>fast moving low durability hit and run
Bike-focused JSA should fit the bill, or even some kind of AD-heavy Nomads like Corregidor. Go for the faction whose aesthetics you like the most.

This is a game about operators operating, we no need no stinking melee.

But maybe you would like to check the Japanese Sectorial Army or the Hassassin Bahram as both use TO Cammo Assasins who can get to Melee, kill and meld in the shadows.

>Hassassin Bahram
>TO Camo

LaughingImpersonators.jpg

Any idea how we're going to be able to get the Knauf guy? Is it a normal release or he's bound to some manga fuckery? I was looking for a Sniper ABH proxy and he's not bad for the role.

Doh, i thought Hit and Run the Rule, not the strategy

Damn Impersonators messing with my brain. I'll get you next time!

>AOS is so better than Infinity
>AOS is so better
kek

Yeah, you get those Haqq bastards! Don't worry, I'll cover your back.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Please tone the retardation a bit though, it'll make it more realistic.

So what did you gents get with your $20 modiphius coupon?

And did any of you ever get that second email with the bonus code for achtung cthulhu?

Forget that somehow russians are on Dawn, but actually Galecians. Who the hell cares about Galecians? Who can point it on a map? I only can because I just looked it up on teh googles. When have they ever done anything of note?

>Who the hell cares about Galecians? Who can point it on a map?
Corvus Belli. And all their Galician neighbours.

>When have they ever done anything of note?
well, some Galicians made this game so.......

>well, some Galicians made this shitty game.
Thank you for proving my point.

as a Yu Jing player who loves the generic scheme the best tip I've gotten for painting Orange was to paint a layer of pink under where I plan to paint orange. It gives an overall solid color.

>Thank you for proving my point.
...said the guy smugly, hopelessly oblivious about the (not-so-)thinly veiled irony of spending his time and questionably-adequate mental faculties posting piqued messages in a Belize basket-weaving bulletin board devoted to the aforementioned shitty game.

>Still a better guy than the clearly retarded and asperger ridden guy that wasted his time playing the aforementioned shitty game, while better game like AOS exist.

please go back anytime

>AOS
>better game

Not quite comedy gold but it's resellable

Check your anal circumference. 40k is going AoS. CB will end like the Dodo and Rackham.

>Russians insecure about the size of American cock
>Lithuanians and Polish having a slapfight over which of their third-world shitholes is less shitty
>Getting triggered by space knights

Ariadna was a mistake

so bait

much shitpost

wow

>40k is going AoS. CB will end like the Dodo and Rackham
now THIS is what I call shitposting!

There's an old joke my Galician cousin (once removed so older than me) used to say. When the Americans got on the moon, the Galicians were there to serve them tea. I thought the variation of that saying is why Irmandinhos are on Dawn/Ariadna. Because Gallegos find themselves sneaking into everywhere colonial.

Anyways, besides that, did Irmandinhos previously have aquatic terrain? Because if not what's up with the water on the bases and the scuba gear and the anchor in their logo?

Pretty much the entire French line. Pretty much everything the Kazaks have, excluding the blister Line Kazaks.

Poor bait.
Try harder.

>Rackham
Who?

Oh, right...

I dunno much about this game, so forgive me if this is stupid:
Are there any non-obvious differences between having +3 on your roll versus the enemy having -3 on their roll in a F2F test?

I'm specifically looking at the SWORD-2 programs Redrum (which gives the enemy -3) vs Skullbuster (which gives you +3) in HSN3.
As far as I can tell there's basically no difference in "accuracy" here because it's more or less +15% better for the attacker either way due to the nature of a face to fast roll?
The most I can see is if you somehow are dealing with stats around 20, as going over 20 starts messing with the critical hit chances.

In Latin America we have a lot of jokes about Galegos, none of them particularily kind

But the fact that I have yet to meet a single Latino that doesn't know at least one dumb Galego joke pretty much proves this is true, they're all over

GW and CB have different target audiences. 40k and AoS are aimed for engy manchildren, while Infinity is made for people with taste for good rules and good miniatures.

It all depends on several factors

Personally if my WIP is significantly higher than his I would use the -3

If mine is somewhat lower I would use the +3

Considering CB started in this business as a historical miniatures company, I'd think they know their history.

>while Infinity is made for people with taste for ill-advised rules written by demented spanish hoboes and boring, bland, shitty miniatures without consistency in scale.
FTFY

>making the only Lithuanian character in the game black
There is a Lithuanian character?
There's Carlotta Kowalsky who is a mestizo.
And a TAG named Uhlan, fuck yeah

Generally positive mods for yourself are better than negative mods for your opponent since you succeeding is better than everybody failing, but it's also important to remember that the mod applies multiple times to attacks with multiple burst.

The real difference between skullbuster and redrum isn't the mods anyway, it's the ammo types.

that's an interesting question indeed. I always thought they were more or less equivalent and used one or the other based on the special property of the attack, like DT or breaker.

The only case in which a malus would be desirable is an attack with high burst so the opponent has less chance to luck out and beat you with his single roll, but honestly I'm not sure the math behind my reasoning is very sound.

>It's another "GWfanboy talking about rules, lore and miniatures quality"

From the Nomad side:
Wildcats, Hellcats and Tomcats, aside from being small.
Tsyklons and Lunokhod.
Senor Massacre.
Geckos.
Reverend Custodier.
Uberfallkommando.

I feel good that GW games are banned in my LGS and I only see dumb 40cuck scum on Veeky Forums.

>GW games are banned in my LGS
IMO but shit choice.

I though CB were a spanish firm. But them being from Galicia kind of a explains why so many poles play the game.

>Galicia
He means Gallaecia

JSA.
Note that taking too many bikes is an auto-lose situation, but they have only the lightweight types of Yu Jing Heavy Infantry (and despite the name, HI in this game is superfast power armour) and Martial Arts everywhere. Unfortunately they suffer from having a very old starter, with shitty-looking Keisotsu. As long as you don't mind having old sculpts, you're golden.

Not bikers, but Nomads like fighting dirty and they have enough suicide units, combat jumpers and infiltrators for a hit and run playstyle. They are mediocre in fair fights, so their playstyle is all about fighting unfair. Also they're the best hackers, making them a bane of hi-tech armies.

yes I know the dutchy of Galaecia and Lodomeria. Both situatied in Poland.

>I though CB were a spanish firm
that's the case
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Spain)

aren't people just using red veil zenshi as their keisotsu?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Eastern_Europe)

as the old saying goes, "everything is a keisotsu if you greenstuff some baggy pants"

It's a good choice. Nobody ever complained about it because everyone feels better when there are no stinky landwales screaming and running around with their half-painted (at best) miniatures, making "jokes" about which primarch was a bigger faggot. And it pays off in money aswell, since nobody buys overpriced GW shit anyway, especially when there are so many better alternatives.

I wanted to start playing Military Orders, but I can't stand their current lack of attempt at retaking Jerusalem.

Muslims on earth are dead and so is the middle East. No need to retake anything.

Going to donate $5 to this, which army should I pick?

crowdrise.com/road-to-interplanetary/fundraiser/aaroncooke

They aren't banned but I only see GW players like 7-8 times a year and they lurk in the corner and don't talk to anyone, so it is OK.

>the ammo types
Yeah, the ammo types seem the bigger deal, but I wasn't sure if I could just discard the accuracy mods as being mathematically influential. I mean, the goal to it all is lethality, and a big part of lethality is actually hitting.

I'm using anydice to calculate it now and if I'm using it right, it seems like the mods are not equivalent, and that giving them -3 is actually better for your chances of scoring 1 "net" success (IE, doing better than a tie) than giving yourself +3.

Say you're a WIP 15 hacker vs a WIP 15 hacker trying to decide if you want to -3 them or +3 yourself

Anydice:
output [count {1..15} in 1d20] > [count {1..15} in 1d20] named "WIP 15 vs WIP 15" -> 18.75% of at least 1 net success [Even]
output [count {1..18} in 1d20] > [count {1..15} in 1d20] named "WIP 18 vs WIP 15" -> 22.5% of at least 1 net success [+3]
output [count {1..15} in 1d20] > [count {1..12} in 1d20] named "WIP 15 vs WIP 12" -> 30% of at least 1 net success [-3]

So here it seems the highest chance of actually hitting off of 1 attack is by penalizing them, which confuses me. I understand the setup is that you have to succeed while they have to also fail for it all to work, but it seems odd. I wonder it stays like this for all WIPs (like what if it was a base WIP12 vs WIP12 shitfest?) or if it's an oddity of already high (the 15) numbers, or them being base-equal. I also dunno if the disparity still exists if you dump both attacks on one model. It probably does.

>the site is written in english and spanish
>the biggest international Infinity tournament is held in Spain
>spokesman of CB is literally called Carlos
Of course it's gotta be the ancient eastern European kingdom of Galicia, not the homonymous spanish region!

They don't need to retake Jerusalem, the Muslims got their own planet. With blackjack. And hookers.

From having painted Nomads, to maining Yu Jing and recently having a small Haqqislamite force.

Yu Jing Remotes, Karakuri, JSA Support, Bao Troops, Saito Togan, the ninjas and Oniwabans, Djanbazan Sniper, Lasiqs,and all the nomad "cats" (hell, tom, Uberfallkommando) are fine.

time to break out ToadChild's dice calculator (btw it should be on the sticky imo)
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/n3/

What do you mean ancient. It was a wojewodship even before WII, and parts of this still called the same are part of Poland.

Oh, an actual dice calc built for infinity, nice. Doesn't look updated for HSN3 unfortunately, but still useful.

Well there was a kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, but I admit it's not so relevant. The original point still stands though.

Ok, using this for a Deva Func with Brain Blast lowered to B:1 (only "Sword" option available) versus a Resetting Interventor:

+3: 18.38% to KO the Interventor, 47.12% "neither succeeds", 34.50% the Interventor Resets
-3: Odds change to 17.25%, 50.50% and 32.25% respectively
+0: 14.81%, 40.19%, 45% respectively.

Which here says the best thing to do is +3 yourself.

I'm not entirely sure what its math is doing. The "Raw Stats" look a bit weird to me. Also I am not sure what "successfully resetting" means here. I guess the Int rolling 1 success while the Deva rolls 0? If so, the math seems wrong. At WIP15 vs WIP15 that'd be a .75*.25 = 18.75% (75% for Int to pass, then 25% for the Deva to fail to hit). How does it become 45%?

Not for nothing but if it were me I would always ARO sucker punch with the interventor

Yeah, that'd probably be smarter than Resetting. Bloody HD+.

Would there even ever be a reason to Reset here?

Well if you don't have access to a good ARO program your only choice is to reset

Is anyone here a Warcor?

Yesterday I had my first game with a Holoprojecctor L2. proxy. I LOVED it, it's a really cineastic rule, very Total Recall. Had bad luck, and my Father Lucien Sforza got downed by my opponents first guess, still very cool.

Are there lists which use a lot of Holoprojectors, spamming the table with holoechoes? I'm going ISS, and see that I have some options with Sforza, Kanren, and that one remote.

Yes.

Yes. From my knowledge there are some warcors browsing here.

>Are there lists which use a lot of Holoprojectors, spamming the table with holoechoes?

Yes, they're called vanilla Haqqislam.
>plan on bopping the Lt.
>seven Saladins

ISS is tied with Haqq: ISS has Kanren, Lu Duan and Sforza, while vanilla Haqq has the Bashi Bazouks, Husam Yasbir and Ayyar. Other factions have at most 1 unit capable of using Holoechoes, if any.

I am Spart... Saladin!

>Everyone is Saladin
>16 sepulchres
>5 joans
>5 de fersens
>Duo team of 4 Achilleseses