>Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SZqLTUdV_P4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>poor little blue boy.jpg

Have you oiled your Gryphs today, user?

meh, at least it looks better than the drakes

Reposting because it's still hilarious

Oh boy more Stormcast. I'm glad they're really giving this neglected army a much needed focus.

GW really needs to get of this retard train and stop believing they will sell as much as space marines.

So this is what they did with the kroot hounds

I hope next time they realease Stormcasts, they are completely forgotten, GW, listen to my plea, pls.

Considering they got 2 expansions, they probably already do. At least proportionally to other AoS armies

those mounts were stolen from the brets not the kroots, that went with the tzaangors.

are the stormgellants the ones who failed to oil up the gryphs and got punished with gel?

There is a good chance the sculpts for these existed before AoS was ever released, considering the time gap between them being made and being released.

An Eavy Metal painter said they often see things two years, or a year and a half, before the public, so it's not like last month someone at a board meeting said "WE NEED TO MAKE MORE NOT-SPACE MARINES".

There probably are cases where a model will jump the queue a bit, but we are still talking a period of like, half a year, minimum.

The shitty thing is. I can bet they're probably one of the more popular armies at the moment, simply by virtue of being one of the only ones getting new things and having all the beginners' sets catering to them. So new players play Stormcast since Stormcast are marketed as the "beginners' army" and since they seem to be the only ones getting shiny new sets, so Stormcast sales rise, so GW releases more Stormcast. Meanwhile other armies are neglected, so sales drop for them, so GW ignores them more.

Stormcast have almost 2-3x more models than all but two other Order armies, most Chaos armies, and all Death and Destruction armies. It's fucking ridiculous.

This despite the fact they're generic as hell, bulky, and all look the same so its hard to tell them apart because they're all just "big bulky golden guys with stern metal faces".

>minimum
I remember in an official interview how the minimum time period from concept to production and release, especially for limited run miniatures and/or easily sculpted with a computer on preexisting assets, was a single month.

>90% of your setting has no models or fluff
>already devote more than half your releases to a faction people hate
>clearly this faction needs more releases

I have stormcasts, and even I'm sick of this shit.

Kinda astounding how much bitching people still do when it comes to stormcast. You'd think at some point you'd just accept it and roll with the inevitable release.
Then again, each space marine release will be whined about, so I guess that works out.

For the record, I like them quite a lot.

He's gonna slap their shit

>sniper crossbow

No, only your mom's asshole, which turned out to be too tight for ten aids dicks at once.

>Stormshitter

Here are the og stormies. Respect them.

The worst is that they keep teasing they might move on.

>Oh now the setting is gonna focus on the free cities in Sigmar's new realm. ;^)
>Lol no we're not gonna do anything for the Free Peoples who live in these cities, just more Stormcast.
>Oh look, could this be Duardin stuff? ;^)
>Lol no it's just more Stormcast.

Old as it is, there's no way in hell this art would've fit in the Old World. It screams AoS aesthetics.

The fat parrot is cute

>stormcast using birds

I WARNED YOU

YOU SHOULD HAVE BUILT THE WALL

Are those the missing stormcast artillery pieces? I mean, Celestant Prime is nice, but costs a fuckton and attracts cannonballs like nobody's business.

>people still make this thread
>as unpopular as it's predecessor
>even worst because old fags went the road of the dodo since "muh fantasy"
Finally killing the fantasy sigmar hammer when?

Someone actually figured out the details of this setting's timeline. Finally my OCD for dates can... kind of rest.
youtu.be/SZqLTUdV_P4

Hey, could I have an opinion on my list? I'm just wondering if I could play the gig guys with it. I'm considering switching the fiends for a hpa to go with the grinder, so I can keep my stormies with my warbringer.

It's sucks as everything this game have spawn

im just annoyed GW has so much focus on sigmarines and not on other factions

I'm here for dragons, not emus. Please tell me that's a special mount for the character and the base troops are riding something more draconic.

>there's no way in hell this art would've fit in the Old World.
how so?

AoS aesthetics so far differ almost exclusively on the look of ruin and the stormcast influence.

Like it or not, SC are the face of AoS and just as with space marines, there will be a yearly batch of new stuff, just like last years Chamber Extremis, plus a new hero here and there.
Just grin and bear it. Before sigmarines we got the gorgeous Tzeentch release and sooner or later we'll get something else people have been clamoring for.
Except for Slaanesh. Slaanesh probably gets the axe.

But Seraphons are the real beaners.

>how so?
It's incredibly bombastic, ridiculous and over-the-top. Same goes for the art you posted. Believe it or not, I actually thought of this art when writing my reply. Old World was too grounded in realism to serve justice to Blanche's hardon for the epic.

>SCE AGAIN
>WHEN WE HAVENT EVEN GOT A PROPER AELVES BT OR A DEATH BT

Are you the same guy shilling last thread

>we need to make a new stormcast unit!
>okay, what about if they had bol..crossbows...
>like the ones they already have?
>yes, but... LONGER
>perfect! push back any elf releases for this immediately!

Fuck your blood elves and fuck your midgets. GIVE ME BACK MY TOMB KINGS

Heh, I read it in his voice.

>It's incredibly bombastic, ridiculous and over-the-top.
because warhammer was never any of that, right?
and when it was depicted as such it didn't count because...?

having a realistic base doesn't imply an absence of higher magical/fantastical elements on top of it.

>having a realistic base doesn't imply an absence of higher magical/fantastical elements on top of it.
There's no need to imply it when these elements explicitly didn't exist. Hellpit Abomination was the most impressive thing in the Old World before Nagash came back.

This triggers the Aussie.

These guys look sexy as fuck, love dynamic they are.

And these are just boring rehashed judicators with bigger dicks.

When is the new Tzeentch Daemon stuff going up for pre-order? Feels like they teased the new LoC weeks ago now...

>It's incredibly bombastic, ridiculous and over-the-top. Same goes for the art you posted. Believe it or not, I actually thought of this art when writing my reply. Old World was too grounded in realism to serve justice to Blanche's hardon for the epic.
Hahahahaha, oh wow. Haha, wow. You are dense. I knew the anti-aos faggotry clouded people's minds of the past, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

I play Stormcasts and I'm glad we keep getting new stuff.
Don't be upset when you play a niche army that isn't as supported.

There's no need to further cloud the mind of an AoS hater. It's already quite fucked up.

From your post I'd rather assume you play Troggoths.

It's more about the SCE started with nothing and are getting models within the last 2 years, whereas all other factions started with models from long before.

However, after this small wave of release, I feel SCE won't get anything new for a while, because they did say they were planning a 'complete' battletome, meaning the range is good for now. We are starting to see the return of army books and codexes.

Seriously? The mount looks fucking malnutruished to me. Legs are too long and too skinny.
Also can't wait to see how the 4 legged chicken is somehow better than a fucking dragon lion.

>when these elements explicitly didn't exist.

>portrayed in art
>memtioned in lore
>didn't exist

I don't understand on what logic you're running to think that a hellpit abomination was the most impressive thing

This is can believe. All these storm cast models are probably easy as fuck to design- it's just adding bits and bobs to the base CAD file, then having a computer program slice it up for a sprue. Then just wait for the factory to laser cut a model and their done.

I don't think you're understanding that it's the AoS supporter that is saying the old world was not bombastic enough

Nice AoS artwork that you stuck the old warhammer logo on

I'm joking, but only to demonstrate how deep the faggotry goes

>them quads

Have you tenderly massaged your Gryphs' bulging muscles today, Veeky Forums?

Well, apparently everything that isn't a stormshitter is a 'niche' army in AoS. At least you dropped the act.

because the dragon looks like it was drawn by a 12 y-o WoW-addicted deviantard

Shut the hell up. GW has never ever made a good looking dragon model. Not fucking once.

thiccfags are the worst

And 4 legged chicken who skipped leg day, who by the power of GREYSKULL, carries a lard ass golden man, is soo much better.
Oh wait, it's not. It's fucking worse

>tfw you will never rub your gryph's quads with sacred oils before letting your hands wander to their supple and slick haunches

This is sad if true. I want a new Fatmaster for Disciples of Tzeentch.

Not in an armybook - doesn't exist. Deal with it.

> thiccfag
This isn't even thick posting, those legs look stupid.
The normal hounds look fine
The smaller hounds with riders look fine too.
But the Lord choice is the first AoS hero model released I actually think looks stupid

Shouldn't you be posting alone on your failure duplicate thread, spitting out this stale ass meme?

>But the Lord choice is the first AoS hero model released I actually think looks stupid
You may be no thickposter but you surely have an equally shit taste

As opposed to the smart looking naked fat midgets.

I ain't him, and I love Tzeentch, but
>Barely any robe
>Looks like a roided out snake
>Looks way, way too busy

The other thread was posted first though?

DYNAMIC
Y
N
A
M
I
C

Meh, I play skaven and I like him more than alarielle and archaon

Forget these Not!Marines and Post projects/WIPs
>When the whole squad lookin' filthy

I also play Skaven, I like him less than Alarielle, more than Archaon.

>Forget these Not!Marines
>Posts Not!ChaosMarines

B-but muh fantasy warriors
:^)

Holy shit how did I not see it before?!

Chaos Warriors came before Spess Mehreens.

We're talking about blightkings, idiot.

But that's wrong you loser. Grimnir fought Vulcatrix 10,000 years ago. The age of chaos began 1,000years ago, Sigmar closed the gates 500 years ago. This is from the opening of the Age of Sigmar, its been a few decades since then.

Space Marines derived from Chaos Warriors.
Stormcasts derived from Space Marines.
Stormcasts are Chaos Warriors.

>mammals descended from reptiles
>reptiles descended from amphibians
>mammals are amphibians

Alarielle, now that's a supremely busy model with pretty much no cohesion between the mount and the rider.

>no cohesion between the mount and the rider.
This

about business I only question the design of branch-wings over moth-wings

If i'm not mistaken, the tzeentch battletome is the latest battletome we got since.. beastclaw raiders? What was the last battletome before this one?

I can't stand the countless bushes growing out of the Wargroth.

bretoninas had other mounts beside horses, pegasi and hippogryphs?!, where are the minis?!, why they ended up with the empire?!
uh?
I still don't understand how could an idea of semi witchers in golden armor mounted on dragons looks so shitty, fantasy died for nothing it seems.
At least they justified all that over the tomb with logical argument like the magic, or hell the chaos gods, but actually making believable, making the world both immersive and awesome, just as any good fantasy.
yeah, it barely looks like a dragon
Yeah but your average dude, soldier or heck noble would hardly look that kind of shit in their lifertime, usually those happened in far away mytic places like Ulthuan, the new world or chaos wastes.
yeah but they don't look as awesome or are as manly

What ever happened to that lord of khorne on a dragon from fw?

>warhammer AoS is great
>the WFB players are just salty because they are old
>AoS fan boys waiting for more then Stormcast
>all that's coming out is Stormcast and khorne
>death still shelved
>WFB fans called it that GW was going to try and space marine the franchise
>AoS is getting space marined
>AoS fans will defend this
>this kills the AoS fans
>MFW more storm cast shit

hehe, it has its own gps

Once again, tzeench released

Oh that is true that is true, but if your not chaos or Stormcast your kinda fucked, no love for destruction or death and they need it badly

>even more minis for the most uninspired and boring army in the game

Why not throw Death another bone? They only have like one army book for their faction.

Sure let's ignore the ironjaws releases. or the fyreslayers releases, or the sylvaneth releases

Destruction did get two books just this summer.

>WHFBGrognard are so glad to tell you they didn't give a single shekel to GW since 2002
>Wut WHFB was literetardly doing quadrifucktiillions of doll0rs!!!!
>AoS do great Stormcast are nowhere near to be seen on the table and GW keep pumping shit for them
>All we want is Dwarf, Death and everything else except elves and Slaanesh

Order got already 7 battletomes, what point are you trying to make ?

>all we want are dwarfs and death and pretty much anything not elves

Yeah pretty much

>b-but those arguments don't count!

>muh muh 1 one throw them a bone battle tomb totally makes up fro the 7 order is getting
AoS fans actually believe this.