BS

>Vampyre
>Daemon
>Rogue
>Djinni
>mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(classical_mythology)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_divination
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/necromancy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're an unread moron, that's all user. It's okay, you can find someone nice to play 4e with sometime.

>unread moron
>Using archaic spelling is somehow intelligent

Not treating daemons and demons as different races.

>Womyn

It would at least prove that he could read and understood what those terms are and why they still exist.

>>Djinni

How else do you say plural djinn? If you're saying genie, that's a different matter.

>4e internet defense force arrives

What's wrong with rogue?
I mean, I still call them thieves, but there's nothing wrong with them other than retards keep spelling it 'rouge.'

The real kickers are when people mispronounce the words and act all snooty about it.
>Kit-soon
>Ty-fling
>Orn-Steen
>Aluminium
>Geest
>Dam-peer
>Mee-lee
>Doose Volt
>Gry-Moor
>Lyke

And my personal favorite,
>Lichen
What some players perceive as the plural of "Lich."

Let me guess, you really think rogue is the older form of rouge

*womxn

I know rouge is French for red/red blush.

>Orn- Steen
>Gry-moor

I don't recognize there. I even said them out loud and I still don't hear what they're supposed to be.

And I heard one of my players pronounce "Behoove" as "Be- Ho- Of". I think we laughed at him for almost an hour.

Ornstein and grimoire, I think.

Ornstein (from Dark Souls), and Grimoire, as in a tome.
I know, it's hard to tell when people fuck it up so badly.

Aelves
Aeldari

Gaemes Workshop certaeinly knows how to creaetively naeme their aemies.

>Succubuses

Djinn is actually the plural of djinni, not the other way around. Djinni and genie are just different ways of spelling the word, the former more a direct transliteration of the Arabic, the latter more Anglicized. Like Qur'an vs. Koran.

Ah, I see. I never played Dark Souls, so when you say Ornstein, I immediately think of the composer.

>you can find someone nice to play 4e with sometime
Go back to giantitp, paizo forums, or whatever shithole you came from, degenerate.

As long as it's copyraeightable, whaever works.

Aluminium doesn't fit. The others are mispronunciation, the other is the pronunciation of a variant spelling found in non-US nations.

It's like the difference between Math and Maths.

Technically speaking Daemon is simply a Latin form of Daimon, which were petty natural spiritual entities.

So dryads, rock spirits, etc.

Aluminium is just fucking wrong. the man who first isolated it name it Aluminum and that's what it fucking is. Some anonymous douche complained it didn't sound fancy enough and you ungrateful English tits went along with it.

What's wrong with rogue?

>found in non-US nations

Then you're either OP (and therefore a faggot) and mentioned rogue in the first post despite it being a perfectly ok word and not an archaic version, or you are defending OP's faggotry despite knowing his entire argument is flawed from the beginning.

Well, foreingers do get triggered when we say non-American countries/nations.

OP must hate this series

Report the pasta troll threads and move on, you fucktards.

Nothing, OP's just baitposting.

Actually he called it alumium, and later changed his mind on it.

Elements change names occasionally, and have different names in different countries. Like Tungsten, Wolfram, and Volfram.

I'm just saying, going with the IUPAC spelling is not wrong, and neither is going with the US one.

They are two spellings for the same substance in two forms of English. It's linguistics.

>Rogue

Tell me that "day-mon" does not sound more like it belongs in Warhammer than "dee-mon"

I will not.
Because Daemons are an actual thing, more akin to elemental spirits.

Except that the modern word demon comes from daemon which in turn comes from daimon, which ahd neither a positive nor negative connotation

but djinni is the correct spelling you troglodyte

I con understand using archaic spelling makes it stupid, insistently this is why i hate games workshop.

>vampyres
I feel you.
Has not existed starting as vampir in Hungarians. It's like re-adding the Vere- prefex to a newer term. say fyreWEREman

otherwise
>daemon
read
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daemon_(classical_mythology)
daemon roughly == deva like in hindi
it can be used right, just not in 40k.
>rogue?
user that is still in common parlance, the archaic term is RO-GER.
>djinni
if the following translation (الجني, al-jinnī) is correct then you are a bit up your arse

>Aluminum
makes people sound a bit retarded when they say it.
I prefer it because it has a bit of the verbal speed bump

The hell is this?

I almost forgot about these shitposting threads, you forgot to use Velma as your pic.

the Septimus Heap series, and yes, those and a lot of other words are spelt like that throughout every book

Honestly they were pretty good young-teen fantasy novels from what I remember. I think I dropped it after either Queste or Syren though because I just lost interest as I got older. I don't think I remember it doing anything "new" though as far as fantasy stories go.

I see Veeky Forums shitposting is alive and well

>Magick
>Majyck
>Magica
>Magicka
>Maajyk

Magicka gets a pass from Elder Scrolls for me. And Magick is fine as a stand in for ye olde shit in-setting.
Using "y"s though is right out.

>Unlimited Blade Works
>Image is gate of a babylon

>Aluminium
>Wrong
Fucking colonials.

Sir Humphry Davy named it aluminum, so it's aluminum.
-ium comes from some butthurt user screeching that the name should rhyme with palladium instead of platinum for god knows what reason.

>Brit "spelling"

>What some players perceive as the plural of "Lich."
What would be the plural? Liches? Lich, like moose is the plural of moose?

>Subsituing the "i" for a "y'
Whose birdbrain idea was this?

Terry Pratchett said it best: A vampyre is just a bloodsucker in need of some serious spelling lessons.

same person that made up Womyn.

>faeggyt

That's stupid, the only approriate term us "gurls".

"The Vampyre" is a short work of prose fiction written in 1819 by John William Polidori. The work is often viewed as the progenitor of the romantic vampire genre of fantasy fiction. The work is described by Christopher Frayling as "the first story successfully to fuse the disparate elements of vampirism into a coherent literary genre."

Old English started it and what happened is that we eventually substituted I for Y on our drive towards standardizing the English spelling.

Daemon - a perfectly fine word to use to refer to any number of things depending on RPG. In several it refers to some type of "demonic" entity that isn't a demon.

Rogue - This just has to be bait. To encompass the varied and disparate archetypes that arose from far too narrow thief class, this word was used. It is also a perfectly fien word still in use today, see Rogue One.

Djinni - Are you just triggered by the more accurate transliterated Arabic word that genie came from?

>someone wants to make their class sound cool
>_____mancer
I hate it

>Bearmancer

Summon Nature's Ally in all slots.

Look, language evolves over time. -mancer a couple centuries ago meant someone who uses rituals of divination in a certain manner. Now it just means a spell caster with a specific theme. This how things are and you can't stop it or fight it, the time for that is long over.

>couple centuries ago
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_divination
>scroll to bottom
>This page was last modified on 16 October 2016, at 02:09.

>Vampyre
Vampires use this to refer to someone who has deluded themselves into thinking they're a vampire but isn't. You have three guesses as to why and the first two don't count.
>Daemon
See Yugoloths.
>Rogue
Generic name for unsavory person who likely commits crimes for a living.
>Djinni
Specific subgroup of genies.
Doth this appease user's autism?

Did you read the first paragraph?

"During the Middle Ages, scholars coined terms for many of these methods — some of which had hitherto been unnamed — in Medieval Latin, very often utilizing the suffix -mantia when the art seemed more mystical (ultimately from Greek mantis, prophet) and the suffix -scopia when the art seemed more scientific..."

As of the last 50 or so years the term has taken on a very different meaning outside academia. Lay people more often associate the word with necromancers and their image in our culture of undead raising dudes. From there the term takes on qualities of denoting a specific theme of spell casting and not divination. Were you to ask a bunch of random people what the word meant, you might get a couple who got it right, but the rest would either not understand or think of necromancers and spellcasting.

And you're really going to use the last time the wiki page has been edited to add another item to the large catalog of terms, of which the vast majority were named centuries ago, as your argument? That's really pathetic and rather stupid.

The image in itself is bait

>Lay people more often associate the word with necromancers
>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/necromancy
>conjuration (see conjure 2a) of the spirits of the dead for purposes of magically revealing the future or influencing the course of events
>magically revealing the future
>or influencing the course of events
>what is divination

You forgot Faerie.

You're also a stupid faggot.

thay doesn't make much sense as an explanation. though.
Aelves isn't copyrightable and Eldar already was.

>Fae
What are we, Celtics?

>tfw Spanish doesn't have dumb spelling like English

>He thinks his edition of a garbage system is so much superior to another edition of said garbage system.

I know there's some example of it but I'ts too late right now.

What are some examples?

I can't even tell what half of these are supposed to be.

>Kit-soon
I can't get mad at anyone pronouncing "kitsune" this way and I'd be more inclined to punch some pretentious weeaboo faggot getting assblasted about the dropped ending vowel sound, which is a thing that English, as a language, doesn't generally do. The same way you wouldn't get your panties in a twist by them missing the proper tones either.

>inb4 how dare you dirty gaijin profane the superior nipponese pronunciation!

There was no fixed way of writing words for a long time. So in older texts you see that from time to time.

Well, you've upgraded (or downgraded, arguably) from Velma, at least. Still a raging faggyt, though.

Dragonslayer Ornstein from Dark Souls.

Aluminum is also IUPAC accepted. What pissed me off was "sulphur", more specifically the "sulfuric acid" I saw working in a British chemistry lab. That is not IUPAC accepted.

Which is less of a hassle to say in conversation?
>Wizard guy what uses fire
>Pyromancer

For your insolence, I shall rain a hail of blades upon you with my demon-forged angelic katana, baka gaijin!

>guy who uses swords
>mincemancer

Welp, I know what I'm calling my next Fighter.

>Kitsune
>Tiefling
>Ornstein
>bait
>Geist
>Dhampir
>melee
>Deus Vult
>Grimoire
>Lich

>Guy who uses blunt weapons
>Bludgemancer

>Iuppiter
>Iulius
>Iuno
>'Era
>'Ector
>'Erakles

>Guy who uses spears
>Lancemancer

>guy who uses fist
>Punchmancer

>Bard:
>Dancemancer

"Language evolves" is the war cry of the dirty illiterate. You don't get to misuse words over and over and stamp your feet when people say it's wrong.

What, are you some kind of Literomancer or something?

You want a language that hasn't changed in centuries? Stick to Latin, then, gramps. Us young whippersnappers are going to make up new words for nonsensical shit in the meantime.

sljdhfg ispcdovi-9sfd8 npobi9dxscu p98v 0-9 iupjki;c j09c ujn lc0v89y hcdoxivy ;oiucxvjhu 9p8c jhn

What do you mean it makes no sense? Language evolves, faggot, pedophile, dumbfuck, mare's-arse.

The dab ya talkin' bout senpai? No need to get all hizzle-wizzled, my Harambe.

I feel violently ill for having typed this. I'm VERY sorry.

>>Dhampir
I pronounce it damp-peer

Mancer-Mancer
>"What do you do?"
>"I control the people that control magic."

Fire mage. Fire wizard. Both are more indicative of a person who uses magic to make and manipulate fire.

What did he mean by this?

Interesting you miss out on an actual pronunciation issue with your spelling critique (The I is more accurate, since it would be pronounced with a palatial approximant rather than a voiced palato-alveolar sibilant affricate)

People generally pronounce Zeus as one syllable (Zoos). But it should be two (Zay-ous)

If you'll notice, that rhymes with Deus. For good reason, they're etymologically connected, same with Jupiter (coming from Ious-Pater)