Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Fortified Windmills Edition
Magnus and Satan Sub-Edition
In the last thread we talked about which legions matched certain cultures, Magnus talked to Satan, Anons showed off their minis, and Leman and his puppies got stats plus much more in the last bread >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OWDNbWIW4U
youtube.com/watch?v=TsfhlprfoTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for the iron fourth

Melta guns or auto cannons on attack bikes? Assume multiple bikes

White scars

Which primarch could lift more pl8s

>url: UUUU

Ferrus
He lifts so much Iron his hands are made of it.

Vulkan is canon the strongest of the bunch

what sources of AT/anti termie do you have in your list normally?
generally i like autocannons but the range/ap of the choice itself doesn't endear itself to the lighting attack of attack bikes.
then again fuck meltas the unit upgrade

Advice for running Orbital Assault? Not really sure how to run them. I'm DG so I've a preference for unique Terminators.

Thanks for shitposting politics in the thread.

I'd say MM. Autocannons got range, they can just as well be fielded by support squads. MM needs to get close and bikes can get close.

Magnus, because you didn't say "physically lift".

Anyone going to the doubles tomorrow?

can I have a close-up pic of your angron pls. I'm thinking of getting one and converting a helmet for him and throwing him in a dreadclaw.

It's not mine, I just stole it from Facebook. I'll get a close-up tomorrow if I can kill him.

Does Trump derive his meme magic from Earth's world spirit?

Meme magic is just Warp power.

that looks fucking revolting, fucking yiffs always bring out the worst in the community

I'd also say multimeltas. Attack bikes aren't terrible in close combat (2 wounds!) so they don't need to be afraid of getting up close. Jetbikes do.

I think you’re allowed to start Terminators on the board since the RoW gives them Deep Strike (you don’t have to use it, but you can’t take units that don’t have it). You could do that if you’re taking a lot of Grave Wardens, but Deathshrouds should be in a Dreadclaw or Kharbydis. So should chainfist Terminators on anti-tank duty.

You want to take an odd number of pods so you get a little more than half of them on turn 1. Flamers more sense in Orbital Assault armies. Plasma support squads are a common anti-heavy-infantry choice. Contemptor-Cortus dreads are great. A Kharbydis or two can actually be worth it, and might be able to handle your anti-air needs, though there’s nothing wrong with bringing aircraft.

If you could get those pl8ts to from ultron, then Angronius could lift the most.

Don't attack bikes also get melta-bombs?

>t. Magnus
Those are WE, you can tell by Angron.

The marines and dreads on the left are most definately yiffs, judging by the colour of the armour alone.

Yeah, but I don't know if it's worth it under the new FAQ.

So they are, which raises the question of how he can fit 6 dreads in an allied detachment.

>"doubles" (tournament)
>models in SW blue with wolf helmets, SW dreads with wolf shields, ice claws, and all the other wolf crap on them

user, please...

>allied detachment
Isn't it a doubles tournament?

You're likely gonna field only a few, so even if all of them can't use those bombs, it's something to consider to ensure the destruction of a target at close ranges.

Who knows, maybe FW's gonna add a rule that lets 30k armies to spam grenades in CC?

Oh, so he's playing tennis?

Looks fine to me as far as I can tell, but imo you seem like you have a serious problem with wolves. Also, I thought Eldar brought out the worst in this community.

There is a very small minority of people who detest wolves for no reason and simply have to spew it every chance they get.

Also, it's Tau.

Sauce on the space wolf legionnaire shields?

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark, quivering wolf hole and say something from Ogre Kingdom range?

>"There is nothing wrong with the Eldar codex, you all should just learn to play better. Nobody can help it if you're that much worse at the game you lose that often against Eldar"

I wonder what you mean :^)

But I think it's just a recent, certain person that started 30k space wolves that makes all the silent ones look bad

I play sistas (40k) and space woofs (30k). Eldar have a marginal fucking advantage for even being on the field. Couple that with sisters being underpowered, wraith units, jetbikes, and you are given a whole lotta loss potential on your side.

So what weapons do you normally equip on your Myrmidons?
I think I want a Grav squad just because it makes an excellent Primarchstar deterrent, but I kind of want two squads. Irrad engines I already have on the Macrocarid to put the gravidons in.

Maybe Volkite? Looks cool as hell, but surely all the 3+/2+ everywhere pretty much neuters Deflagrate?

What multi melta?

i like that conversion

I like the one next to it on treads. Not sure what the thing on it's face is supposed to be though.

Yeah I know. The local eldar player who played them since 3rd edition tried making an army that was fun to play against after the latest codex was released. He no longer plays 40k. But specially on Whineseer you had a bunch of people defending the new codex to the death, making the most rediculous claims to prove it was not OP at all and people were just overreacting.

>Hopefully custodes aren't going to be the same

Its a fucking thermal cannon muzzle sticking out of its sarcophagus. It wouldn't even work unless all the dreads internals were replaced.

You know they will be user, and all the loyalist IW on here will get themselves an allied detachment.

user, it looks cool.
almost nothing in 40k would work.
the entire thing is about looking cool

I'm even more worried about all the 'Traitor Custodes' that would inevitably follow.

I remember the days of badly converted, barely painted chaos space marines posing as GK. It was a dark time ...

Maybe it's the interred remains of the machine spirit of a titan, wherein only the tip of the melta cannon survived .

Tastes differ I guess. A gun muzzel for a head looks fucking dumb to me.

But then again there are also people who buy deredeo dreads 'because the look so bootifull'

>Hopefully custodes aren't going to be the same

I hope not, I hope they are like the Mechanicum but for close combat. Few in numbers but deadly as fuck when in an assault.

>these aren't Custards, im just using the rules and """"""converting""""" the model to be experimental lupercii lol
The unrelenting horror.

The experimental rules for that one hover tank makes it seem likely that armies with the minimum number of custodes, and then as many OP tanks as possible are gonna be a thing.

Did Obliterators come about during the Heresy or are they post-Heresy creations?

Probably late to post Heresy.

It showed up when the traitors made it to the Eye
Also may have been created by Fabulous Bill

> One man went to mow
> Went to mow down Traitors
> One man and his dog
> WOOF
> Went to mow down Traitors

Why don't I like Russ more?
I don't care much about Vulkan, and I still like him

>What the fuck is a wolf doing here? lol

What would Cortus Dreads be?

Ugly sister ?

> One man went to mow
> Went to mow down loyalists
> One man and his dog
> WOOF
> Went to mow down loyalists

> One man got deceived
> Got deceived by Horus
> One man was a fucking dumbass
> WOOF
> And got deceived by Horus

> One man barely won
> Barely won against loyalists
> One man and his dogs and his entire legion and some custodes and the sisters of silence and a company of sons of horus and the element of complete surprise
> WOOF
> Barely won against loyalists

Unstable, flexible sister

You forgot the titan support

Little shit of a brother

Not much to him.

He's not narrowly definable like angron, nor is he layered like khan. He's not even mysterious like lion.

He's just kinda there but without the appeal to stoicism that gulliman or dorn has.

...Burning of Prospero is suddenly a lot dumber than I remember
I feel like 40k Bjorn

So what will come out once BAs, DAs, and the Scars get their books? Pic unrelated but I am open to any languages you nigs think I should try learning. Except Spanish.

Spanish

What did I say?

Russian.

No habla ingles ching chong nip nong young ladydesu

If you're not gonna spring for Spanish, I'd say Russian, Arabic or Mandarin would be the most useful (Cantonese too if you live near a Chinatown ish area).

>Arabic
I don't think I want to learn bomb runes.
>Mandarin

Russian is a fun language. Definitely recommend

>pic
I remember that story.

But if you happen to be dealing with them anyway, it'd be less of a pain in the ass.

>he doesn't want his own explosive-making incantations

pleb-tier taste desü

Pyccкaя.

>But if you happen to be dealing with them anyway, it'd be less of a pain in the ass.
I doubt I ever will deal with the Chinaman.
>pleb-tier taste desü
If I learn bomb runes I'll end up blowing my house. I'd rather learn Hebrew but learning Jew Runes will probably make end up like the 1k Sons after learning how to use Jew Magic.

>make me end up
Fixed.

Japanese
Its a fucking blast

But if you learn Jew runes then you can protect your credit score from being attacked by Jew magic!

Why not at this point. At least I'd be able to understand my chinese cartoons.
That really Oys my Veys.

>not liking Beowulf in space
What's wrong with you?

But Beowulf is cool and mostly not an asshole.

>>Not liking somebody who fucks wolves

I think there is very little wrong with him actually :^)

Speaking of Primarchs, what's the deal with Ferrus Manus? I play EC so I feel like I should know more about him, but there's virtually no useful information about him on the web.

Is there a good book somewhere, or is he just really bound to be the forgotten guy that liked robots... or maybe didn't

He died top of the first round in the heresy

Theres nothing on him because he fucking died basically less than a minute in.

>what's the deal with Ferrus Manus?

He's like the angrier version of Dorn.

Yeah, guess that figures.

Too bad, the whole thing about 'struggle between machine and man' was pretty cool, but such must be life for the most easily forgotten legion.

It probably doesn't help their lore looks like a mashup between 30 different takes on the same thing, the mix between nomadic dunecrawler clans and high-tech relentless autists sounds cool if done well, but as is just looks like a bunch of cheap sci-if ripoffs

Yeah, I guess that works too.

But he want all bad I suppose, after all he made presents for all the other Primarch

Basically knew he had one job to get done. Finish the crusade. Didn't care for flash like Fulgrim or empire building by Gigglyman. Just weather the storm and get it done. Sadly his death shows how charging up the middle is a great strategy.

>oh boy I can't wait for this weekend
>realize that I'm mixing up the Weekender and my gf coming over finally
>get really disappointed
When did you realize that sculpted bits of resin were so important to you?

Never had that moment, waiting for plastic and resin toy soldiers is all I have ...

Beowulf got shit done unlike Russ. Beowulf could talk shit, but he also delivered in killing Grendel where everyone failed. Russ has no great feat beyond defeat of Magnus and even that is under a lot of scrutiny right now seeing as the canon seems intent on diluting the offense of the wolves in general.

A fucking idiot who put all the sketchiest legions in the second wave instead of fucking waiting for some reinforcements.

Corax said they should pull back but he was like nah fuck it. Then he saw Fulgrim and went it alone and got cut up.

Finally as the cherry on top he didn't even go to istvaan with his full legion, so while the Sallies got RICKITY REKT and the Raven Guard got mauled he only lost his veteran companies, most of his legion escaped from harm.

Basically worst primarch.

>Beowulf
>not an asshole
What?

How IS Beowulf an asshole?

>Corax said they should pull back but he was like nah fuck it
You would get cocky if the enemy is between your wrench and the wall, and you've yet another four legions as reinforcements.

I mean, it's a bit easy to get overconfident if you have half a million more marines than the enemy.

He wasn't a Roman wich automatically makes him a barbarian asshole.

>youtube.com/watch?v=TsfhlprfoTg
Can we talk about the """""CONVERSIONS""""" in this vid? One is a straight up proxy but I cant decide if I love or hate the simplicity of the laser vindis. The mortars are ehhhh. I have no idea how that leviathan came to be

He's a massive shit talker.

Nothing wrong with some good old Sabre Tank-Hunter. Personally I'm amazed FW didn't make this when modelling their laser vindicator.

>One

The Scorpius is just a whirlwind, the quad launchers made from wartrakk rears with havoc launchers, CSM and CSM bikers with barely any work...