40k General

Eldar getting a much needed buff in Gathering Storm II - edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR. ARMY LIST WITH PICTURES. CLICK HERE FOR THIS. THIS LINK.
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Previous Thread

I mean are you trying to tell me that Eldar didnt need a buff? they are like one of the weakest higher tier armies

2nd for I still can't believe Guard got fucking nothing in Gathering Storm 1

keldar draigo is back

I mean it looks like his back

>got nothing
>three awesome HQs with cool relics
>formation that allows them to freely join bunch of other units for free

nth for why the hell would Necrons ally with Chaos, Orks or Tau under any circumstances?
Desperate Allies/allies of convenience, but still.

Is it just me, or could GW release a Chaos Guard/Lost and the Damned/Renegades and Heretics army while making a minimal number of new sprues? Like, I think they could do a full army release with only 4-5 new sprues.

Vehicles are easy, you just release the existing IG or GSC vehicles with one of the already-existing Chaos vehicle accessory sprues. There's basically half of the kits you need right there.

Similarly, for HQ, you can give them Dark Apostles (probably as a 0-1 choice, since "single Chaos space marine leading a bunch of mortal pawns" is a trope well-established in 40k canon and doesn't require any new models), Chaos Sorcerors (which can use the Age of Sigmar models), Chaos Commissars (new model, 1 sprue) and a Chaos Regimental Command Squad (existing Cadian Command Squad, with a Chaos Guard upgrade sprue akin to the Genstealer Cult upgrade sprues from the GSC releases). Maybe a Chaos Enginseer-equivalent to look after their vehicles; add anonther sprue if so.

Troops are Mutants, Beastmen, Chaos Guardsmen, and Cultists. We already have 40k Tzaangor models, the normal Chaos Guardsmen are just regular Cadian guardsman squads with the same Chaos Guard upgrade sprue, and the mutant squads could just be an ordinary Cadian squad with the old CSM mutation upgrade sprue. The Cultists, though, would be a new 10-man posable kit akin to the GSC models - 2 new sprues.

For elites, you've got Chaos Stormtroopers (Tempestus Scion box with the Chaos upgrade sprue), Chaos Spawn, and maybe squads of weaker Sorcerors (using AoS models, again).

Heavy Support is vehicles and Heavy Weapons Teams, which are just the Cadian teams plus the Chaos Guard upgrade sprue. Fast Attack is vehicles and maybe cavalry, which can just use Chaos Knights from AoS (and it's not like loyalists have current models for their cavalry anymore anyway).

So, an entire army release, for the cost of producing 4-5 new sprues, and tooling new sprues is where most of the cost is.

The Flock to the Front Line rule that the Castellans of the Imperium possess fits for the Imperial Guard but doesn't really fit for Space Marines, Inquisition or Sisters of Battle. What should it be replaced with for units from those Codexes?

>people still bitching about Orks
>people still trying to use Boys in melee
Just swarm shoota boyz, a s3 I2 model should never be in combat.
>15 shoota boys for 105 points
>30 shots

I mean if they do that they might as well update the entire guard line. Which they wont do. They shoulda done it during the GSC release too.

>30 shots
>5+ to hit
>5+ to wound
>3.5 unsaved wounds

>three HQs
>for a different faction
Fuck off with your super friends.

Because Orks a melee race.

>5+ to wound
3+ vs most units.

>30 shots
>10 hit
>5 wound
>2 dead Tactical Marines

Incredible.

How many of those orks would he kill before he falls?

Well, he's a single Space Marine with a name. Probably all of them.

Top kek

>I mean if they do that they might as well update the entire guard line. Which they wont do. They shoulda done it during the GSC release too.

What? I honestly don't know what you're trying to say. I'm suggesting that they take the Guard models they already have, give them an upgrade sprue, and sell them as Chaos Guard the same way they took Guard models, gave them an upgrade sprue, and sold them as Genestealer Cultists, add in some Chaos models they're already selling as parts of other armies, along with a single genuinely new box of Infantry and one or two new Characters.

I'm not sure how that equates to revamping the entire guard line, when the problem with that would be in the number of new sprues you'd have to make.

>3xLootas detachment that gives them +1BS and rerolling 1s to hit

Y/N?

I'm against that on principal, if you just arbitrarily give an already excellent unit in the codex which is a top contendor for the slot a formation with legitimately no downsides and buff the units already (reasonably) good strength it means that you'll just see 1850 points of 100 or so lootas/ loota proxies.

I'm just saying that they should of given the guard a new sprue line as you can see people bitching about the old sprue all the time. saying how its old and has some problems with the casting process. They should of updated it during the GSC release and if they do this they should update the line

Oh brilliant, I must have missed that if you can just point out which ones are the Astra Militarum ones that'd be great.

I agree in general, as i see formation as another layer of balance that helps you make weaker units viable without directly changing them.

However, they are rarely used as such, and giving powerful rules to already powerful unit is one way of letting race have at least some chance of competing against way stronger opponent.

To carry on I'd say boyz, nobz, weirdboyz, meks, big meks, flashgitz, stormboyz, killa kans, deff dreads, orkanauts, warbuggies/koptas, kommandos and burna boyz should get buff formations as it stands.

Well sure, I guess.

Let's not pretend that doesn't already happen.

Like I said, it's on the principle that it isn't what formations should be; i.e. a selection of units that potentially limits versatility but buffs them to an extent that offsets this limitation in a fluffy manner.

That formation does none of those things, it's like the eldar aspect host formation

Actually maybe I was a bit harsh, if it operated as a kind of klan formation kind of thing where it could only be taken in say, a deathskullz army, it would be pretty fluffy and cool for them.

I would prefer d3+3 shots desu

Hey, looking for thoughts about this 2k Dark Eldar list.

Any help welcomed!

So why should Orks have to follow this arbitrary restriction that no other codex follows? You can argue that formations SHOULD be like that, but as anyone who has faced a Riptide Wing can attest, they very clearly are not.

> ON PRINCIPLE
> I NEVER SAID RIPTIDE WINGS WERE GOOD, in fact I said words implying the opposite
Stop trying to strawman me guys I'm getting buttmad

I know this has to be bait but I just want to confirm with you 100%.

+ to wound
If you're playing against Death Guard.

It was user dont worry. people aren't that retarded... Right? R-r-right?

I mean the raw eldar units need a buff, I mean when was the last time you saw an eldar CAD win ITC?

:^)

man how do you even figure out how to open a door with so little imagination? considering the alliance level maybe the necrons manipulated them? bribed them? desperately coming togather because tyranids are swarming the area? maybe the chaos warband/ork warband are mercenaries? theres a myriad different ways to fluff it.

Tau I could see, but I'd more quickly see them ally with the Imperium than Chaos, which is antithetical to them.

Surprise surprise, the allies matrix is bullshit and ruined the game.

Fuck off WAAC fag, Orks deserve buffs.
The face you're asking for limitations on Orks, ORKS, that other codexes don't have is dumb.

Guess GW considered that the "Imperium" got already too many possible allies given that they can freely select unit from half a dozen of codex.

(But it's still shit I agree)

Why wouldn't Necrons ally with Tau? I could easily see some of the Dynasties considering their actually inventing technology approach to be refreshingly sane.

Necrons are absolutely against warpstuff though.
I mean, I could see some shenanigans with mindshackle scarabs happening to explain Orks/Tau, but Chaos?

Also, Deldar and Chaos Daemons anything but "Come the Apocalypse"?

Bitch I fucking play orks here, and I don't think that people should arbitrarily say
> riptide wings are OP so every other formation should be objectively better than the standard unit

Fuck off with your goalposting, orks need codex buffs, not formation cheese that doesn't help the bottom line of people using CAD

Kaeldari Draigo.

there is a reason people dont use it

Well, they are basically a closeted Slaanesh cult.

But Necrons out-tech Tau by far. Except if they'd need to smack the Sautekh dynasty.
I 'd rather see them working together to end some Chaos invasion, but then again, Necrons are better allies with Chaos than Tau, apparently.

i agree, i almost totally dislike all formation cheese - to the point where i just dont want to play people who pick certain ones

I need a name for my Khornate LatD warband. Used to be Guardsmen. Purged a hive city. ][ decided they were tainted too. Sent marines at them. The regiment survived, and turned to Khorne after the fight, as the Imperium betrayed them. Color scheme is unoriginal as it can be, bright red with some brass and black.

I wanted to use Red Rivers becasue memes

>get called a WAAC
>n-no I play Orks! Honest!
EVERY
TIME

What would you do if the next edition removed CAD and instead your codex buffs were all from Formations?

>The Deathskull horde of Big Mek Blagnutz brought their impressive firepower and questionable concept of ownership to the war for Kavardia, where Blagnutz’s inspired leadership saw them attack dozens of different foes, almost at random and (unfortunately for the Orks) often ending in defeat.

>After a particularly crushing defeat against a Space Wolves force, the miraculously unharmed Big Mek was forced to throw his lot in with a surprising ally, Overlord Agdabekh of the Oroskh Dynasty. Though unimpressed at the Necron’s manner, and the unnerving silence with which his legions marched to war, Blagnutz and his lads at last found a modicum of success and an occasional victory. In spite of their alliance, and the chance for loot that it gave Blagnutz and his lads, his remaining boyz looked on their metallic allies with suspicion, though more than one had his eye on a set of shiny super-kickin’ legs – a Deathskull can’t change his face paint...

-E-White Dwarf 61: Regiments of Renown (Blagnutz)

>tfw Lost and the Damned
>tfw no formations anyway
Thats why you go forge world bois. You dont even need to use their minis, just convert some cadians.

I respect you for going for that corpsethief claw man. That's a fuckton of taloses.

Dark Artisan formation though: You're gonna to want a Spirit Probe for Cronos Parasite Engine, the whole formation only has 9 wounds in it and 3+ armor at best, your FnP needs to be something you can rely on.

You got the right idea with the CoTA but I'd recommend a Lahmean over a Medusae, you're not gonna get close enough to get stuff done with your 25 pt hq in a AV 10 venom.

I am reasonably confident that you can't effectively use a Salvo weapon that is the Splinter Cannon when you're moving your raiders around because it counts as moving for the units inside and you'll have to use it at half range and less shots. I'd recommend leaving it as basic rifle and using the points to upgrade your corpsethief.

You can't take splinter cannons on five man kabalite squads, you need to take then models to get access to heavy weapons. I'd really highly recommend blasters on the five man kabalite squads.

I'd recommend using blasters if you really want heavy weapons on your Reaver Jetbikes. Also look into Cluster Caltrops, you're not craftworlds son so get to abusing your speed and ram the shit out of your enemy. You need to HoW them and make them run, with your high initiative you can sweep them.

You seem to have an accidental splinter rack upgrade on one of your Ravangers.

Fuck off you piece of shit

Sorry about the unpainted dudes, I left most of my army at my mates

kill me now; i think if they forced formations, i would only play unbound

Teen Angsters?

Probably start playing Infinity unless they dramatically changed their ethic towards formations.

>Ancient type 3 civilization that finished science
>Out tech by a type 2 that can't even do proper space travel

>Anciente civilization masters of evolution and adaptation with a single mind orchesteing everything in perfect harmony
>Out adapted by tech dependent type 2

>Anciente Empire with infinity numbers and centuries of battle experience agianst a million different Xenos with different strategies. Masters of space battles
>Out smarted, outnumber and more experience by a civilization that still has trouble with space combat

their ethic?

Can inquisitors train their own armues? If so where do they get all the tanks and stuff from? Do they have to pay for them by paying the leader of the planet they're mustering on? Where do their ships come from? Do they just print out an Imperial bond and shiver them down people's mouth before taking off with the stiff? Where do they get actual money From? Can you hire an Inquisitor? How do they get power armour? Favors from the Mechan or do they have their own forges?

Very much a new fag s-s-sorry

As in
> Oh this is a good unit currently
> Lets make a formation that only buffs them
Ala riptide wing/ Gladius/ Aspect host

>Tau out-adapted Tyranids meme again
That's why they lost an entire region of space and almost 30 planets and didn't win any battles until the Imperium helped, right?

I mentioned last night about a guy holding my 40k hostage and maybe getting police involved and someone asked deets.

Basically the last time I played was a game at a friend's flat new years eve 2015. Played a game then went out drinking.
After that I never got round to picking my stuff up and life interfered with playing or painting.
Roll forward to late 2016 and this guy has gone off the fucking rails. Permanently drunk, off his face on MDMA at all times, stopped playing vidya or tabletop/tcgs which is all he used to do, got in trouble with police, date raped numerous women.
I didn't want to hang around with him like that so barely talked to him.
All this culminated in him slashing his wrists and showing off about it to my suicidal mentally ill then girlfriend. I told someone, he flipped out and refused to talk to me anymore, now he's fucking dating said girlfriend who he chatted shit about all the time behind her back, deleted me off Facebook and won't reply to my messages demanding my army back.

So yeah, that's how my KDK came to be held hostage. Please subscribe

Edge McEdgyfesters?

Just fucking get his ass in jail senpai, it's best for society and its best for those girls you mentioned.

And it's best for your KDK

That sucks bro, but not your personal blog. You probably shouldn't have left your shit there for like a whole fucking year.

on the tabletop, inquisitors have henchmen bands, not quite armies, and they can have a transport like a rhino or a chimera or even commandeer a grey knight landraider
its funny in the tabletop, if your inquisitor has a chimera its a guardsman stat crew, in the rhino and landraider it has space marine crew

In all we're looking at maybe 3 boxes of zeroes, a heldrake, helbrute, few units of csm, few of bloodletting, a juggernaut lord, blood crushers, couple of flesh hounds, a soul grinder, a skull cannon and a bloodthirster at least

It would not be a problem of veterans or Inquistorial Stormtroopers where a thing.

I would gladly pay 10 points for a BS4 Chimera, honestly 5 points is more than enough but GW gonna GW

Because you are a piece of shit that didn't read the part where it says that Gorgon had enough initial biomass to overwhelm the Tau planets with sheer numbers.

The Tau did match the adaptation of Gorgon and ran with it. Considering that Gorgon was the most adaptive hive fleet ever, the Tau Empire should be considered more adaptive that the Nids.

+1 BS only worth 5 points? Are you joking? There's literally no time ever you wouldn't take that upgrade in the history of listbuilding.

Its 10 points in LatD, so probably 10 points would be good enough.

Can someone convince me not to run a swarmlord deathstar. I really fucking want to and in casual play it seems alright desu.

I need help

>he bought a 'naut
You poor soul.

>Ork boyz are the heart and soul of any warband. They charge in to battle in a great mass, crashing in to the enemy like a green landslide. Bellowing with the joy of battle, mobs of Ork boyz excel at close quarters where they can hack, bludgeon and stamp their foes to bloody ruin.

It also says on the jungle planet where the Tau made a stand, every time they used a new tactic or piece of technology, the Tyranids adapted again, until they won. The Tau didn't match anything lol. The entire timeline of that campaign is just horrific slaughter after horrific slaughter.

Also
>Gorgon winning through sheer numbers
It was said to be one of the smallest named Hive Fleets in recorded history, lol.

Is there a website or something for that template?

There's a reason that my pile of unused/ left behind dudes is just boyz, a naut and some kommandos

Making back ~25% of your cost back per volley is pretty good.

Well some armies shoot twice for free.

Yah 10 points sounds nice.

Basically 20 points extra for a chimera. Dozer blade, psybolt and BS4

R E A D T H E O P
E
A
D

T
H
E

O
P

Don't do it because Swarmlord is stupid as a concept. 'Nids don't really do deathstars either. The closest thing would be a First Curse Formation from Genestealer Cults, roll the Patriarch on Biomancy and hope for Endurance or Telepathy and go for Invis.

I M A N E W F A G
M

A

N
E
W
F
A
G

Except they did but the Tyranids had the numbers to overwhelm the Tau defenders. Winning is near impossible even if adapt your tech since the nids would grind you up in attrition anyways.

But in the end the Tau figured out the weakness of Gorgon's adaptation and turned the war.

>It was said to be one of the smallest named Hive Fleets in recorded history, lol.

And the next line it's said they had a lot of numbers more than enough to overwhelm the Tau worlds in front of it.

Like I said, piece of shit.

>But in the end the Tau figured out the weakness of Gorgon's adaptation and turned the war.
They never turned the war. It was loss, loss, loss loss, loss, loss, slaughter slaughter loss, oh the Imperium is here, and then both of them working together beat them.

You seem buttfrustrated that someone is calling you on your bullshit tauwank.

Would the swarmlord with some tyrant guard beat a patriarch though?

I despise GSC

it would make more sense for the rhino and landraider BS3 and reduce their points cost

>acolytes are bs3
>tempestus and ig vets are bs4
kms

Nidbros dubs confirm, Tau a shit.

>nids adapt to daemons in a week
>blueshits marysue into a win
okay user

With a full complement of Purestrains bringing them to equal points? Doubt it.

>I despise GSC
Why? If you don't like the human/machines aspect of it, First Curse is literally all just pure Tyranids.

The Swarmlord isn't really worth the premium you spend over a regular Hive Tyrant. Just bring Lashwhip+Bonesword and Adrenal Glands, and three Tyrant Guard with glands as well, and you're done. It's a solid synapse bunker that you can anchor the rest of your army around, Fleet means it has half a chance of actually reaching combat, and it'll roll right over most things it can catch.

Of course you'll probably still lose because you're playing Tyranids and we've got the second worst book in the game, but still.

Stop lying, Nidfag.

Picture related. The fighting was on more than one planet, not just Kel'shan.

>posting shit from an old outdated Codex
Try the new book, sweetie.

Reading Blood Angels codex Ret Thirst edition(new one).
Scouts still Bs3. FaQ still says they should be BS4.
Fucking Dammit GW, you have just to update one number.

The Tau would once again face the renamnts of the super adaptive Gorgon in recent years. The Tau easily defeated them with no issue. Something that the Tau have advanced beyond the Tyranids.

>Burning the Splinter - 919999.M41

>A lone bio-ship of Hive Fleet Gorgon, having sheltered within an asteroid field in the Perdus Rift, disgorges its vile swarms upon the biomass-rich world of Pech. The Tyranids run riot as the jungle itself turns against the Kroot who make the planet their home. Though the avian mercenaries of that planet are equal to the task of engaging and destroying the lesser creatures of the swarms, tribe after tribe are killed by the giant bio-titans in their midst. The Tau Empire, long-time allies of the Kroot, deploy the largest guns at their disposal in order to repel the Tyranids from the planet. Cadre upon cadre of battlesuits are deployed on mesas and plateaus overlooking the forest, each slaying those beasts whose exoskeletons shudder through the canopies below with sustained volleys of heavy rail rifle fire. Though the Firebase Support Cadres are hunted in their turn by chameleonic weapon-beasts and flocks of winged terrors, each mesa’s sides are soon thronged with Kroot climbing hand over hand to protect their battlesuited saviours. Together, the two factions make an excellent combination, and the Tyranid weapon-beasts are hunted down and slain without exception.

Thanks senpai I might just run that

Honestly I get the feeling whoever wrote that codex forgot that MCs got AP2 as standard

The new book doesn't contradict this and is in fact a shortened version of it. Try again, honey cheeks.

all codex lore is valid, darling

If epub3 is the format of the future, why is it such an enormous pain in the ass to deal with? Kobo won't import for some reason, and every other reader that I've tried has issues with the test size, spacing, or layout.