app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67597/crusaders-n-shit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67758/pathfinder-the-houserule-testing-edition
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood
spheresofpower.wikidot.com/treasure-seeker
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kinda liked the suggestion upthread to give some kind of metamagic freebies.

But then you're just remaking Spellburst Savant.

I've joined Hell's Vengeance and Rise of the Jade Regent, as well as a couple others from before!

Why is the Spheres of Might striker in light armor?

What if I want to be an unarmored not-monk?

Gonna just drop this here then, since i've done it for the past three threads, so why not:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67758/pathfinder-the-houserule-testing-edition

Looking for some peeps to play with to test out some houserules to reduce the feat/skill taxes in pathfinder, and test out some reworked-ish classes/balance changes, including use of Spheres of Might for martials!

Probably gonna be using the Reign of Winter adventure path or some other one at players' discretion, if only to have a testing bed to use.

Why are they proficient in it you mean? I haven't seen the art for the Striker yet, so I'm not sure what you mean.

>monk
>AC bonus (One of the two stats only, although this might be subject to removal, not sure.) and Fast Movement work while in light armor.

>monks are better in light armor than no armor

Please no, I want my monks to have a unique aesthetic. +4 from chain is better than most people's Con mods.

Can't we have at least ONE martial in no armor?

Give them, like, +4 untyped in no armor. Flat. Non scaling. If they want it to scale, they can get Bracers of Armor.

Posting again for new thread.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood

Oh noooooooooo, that would be terrible!
Yes please.

Yes, and? SS doesn't have a stranglehold on metamagic boosts.

Jolly! Jolly! What options are there for someone that wants to punch stuff really hard while wearing heavy armor, like that guy who made an unarmed badass viking in Skyrim?

If my monk|rogue is a Treasure Seeker, can they use Int, Wis, OR Cha for casting?

spheresofpower.wikidot.com/treasure-seeker

Does monk get d8 sneak attack?

Hey pfg, what would you think of the Magician Bard as its own base class? Probably with Perform stuff changed to use Spellcraft, but the general mechanical gist would be similar.

>
>i think the concern with such a mod is spell dcs which arent level appropriate, damage spells which dont have level appropriate damage, and other spells that do things based on # of enemy hd which dont get replaced as the # of hd become obsolete.
>
>templar is a class by *genius games.
>a pretty good class at that.

there is a Pathfinder version of rotrl and cotct as well. but yes, it sounds like hes looking at the old 3.5e version.

Two new striker talents are going to be those options.

Yeah, we went with Paragon instead.

Why is fookin sky pirates listed twice?

personally i like that idea in combination with:

"you can put armor enchants on clothes"

Because fookin kitsune posters are idiots.

But that's just a torso slot magic item with a bracers of armor-style armor bonus to AC. It's not the same thing as armor.

I really only listed the changes to Unchained Rogue since they're one class with Unchained Monk now, and unlike Unchained Barbarian where it was just buffing two of it's class features, I kinda had to touch on more then that for UC Rogue. So, yes, d8 sneak attack, and yes to picking one of those three stats for casting, but do note that once you pick it, you can't change it.

Remember it IS gestalted with UC Rogue, so... Eh. Maybe a flat +4 without armor, while also doing the normal WIS/CHA/INT to AC Bonus, and doing what said? Best of both worlds, really.

how is it different than armor without properties?

it restores use of the torso slot for magic items, and gives everything but the base AC of armor, which the monk gets from a class feature.

>how is it different than armor without properties?

All armor has at least a nonmagical +1 AC bonus.

Yeah, +4 untyped to AC (not CMD).

Can we do one of the 64 page modules? An adventure path is too ambitious.

Better yet, start off with Orc and Pie and go ahead from there.

+1 nonmagical ac bonus is a property.
and it doesnt explain why "clothes with armor enchants" is bad.

If you're doing this, can you also have like, specialized caster spell discounts? Like, "pick a school of magic, get these spells". Obviously none of the problem spells, but stuff like Dominate Monster, Defending Sword, Wail of the Banshee, later Polymorphs, Ice Strike, etc would be nice to get in some form.

Aight, i'll add that down really fast, then.

And i'm open to one of the 64 page modules, I just need recommendations for what might be a good one to do. Something with a healthy mix of combat and out of combat stuff.

>+1 to all spell dcs
yeah, that has potential for the dcs.that doesnt solve the problem of improperly scaled damage and hd limits.

What about bringing back Sudden Metamagic? And every few levels you get to either take another Sudden Metamagic, and add 1 use to one you have. It's easy to implement, but is that overburdening to the player?

The other feature being the +1 to all spell DCs every few levels, as suggested before. I think 5th level would be one of the levels your highest drops below a normal fullcasters, but it's irregular which levels it happens from there. You'd need 3 such increments to keep up with expected DCs of your level over the course of your career.

>Can we do one of the 64 page modules? An adventure path is too ambitious.

I'd be down to run one. Are they in the trove? What would people be interested in playing in?

out of curiosity, why are we trying to rescale everything to 6th level casting, and overhaul the classes, rather than just coming up with a spell-banlist and calling it a day?

Not house-rule user, btw, I just want to run something small before I try to commit to a serious roll20 game so I can get used to how it all works.

Because spells over 6th level are almost universally powerful and campaign-altering enough that you'd need to whitelist them, not blacklist them.

That would probably be far easier than what we're doing. Though I would absolutely ADORE the idea of a 6th casting Oracle if it were done in a similar way to the Warpriest or Inquisitor.

Personally, for a revamped tier 3 style class with spells up to 9th level, I'd want to see something like the D&D 5e warlock, with a broad list of spells up to 6th level and then a limited class-specific whitelist of spells of higher level.

but this the approach (so far as i can tell) will require rewriting all damage spells and spells that do a thing based on hd limits, one by one.

or has someone got a solution to appropriately scale spell damage and hd limits with a single blanket rule?

I want to see somebody make an X/encounter instead of X/day spellcaster.

So caster level-based effects scaling, increased spell DCs to stay relevant.

And some free metamagic feature. Are there styles of caster that DON'T care about metamagic, though? I'd hate to be leaving them behind while focusing on this one style.

because having 5 spells for level 9 would be boring
Really most spells dont even need banning they just need sensible limitations

So a PoW initiator?

It isn't easier, that's the thing. This is a blanket adjustment as opposed to picking through every spell of every goddamn caster. There are a lot of them, you know.

Yes, but more ~magical~.

So fourth edition?

So a PoW Mystic with all supernatural disciplines?

>Wrath of the Raunchy
>DHB planning on making a character
>doesn't want to ERP
>fucking posts eldritch heritage apperance
>gets:
>(59) Skin: variable color
>(87) Other: inhuman voice
>(99) (Roll Twice)
>(69) Teeth: needle-like
>(61) Tail: aquatic

Is he fucking trying to ruin the game?

i kind of hate discreet 1/encounter abilities. theyre really jarring due to their overbearing gaminess.

i'd like to see either per-encounter mp (comes back at a fixed rate/minute) or a shadowrunesque strain-based system (again, recovers at a fixed rate). thats me though.

No, spells

How can you ruin what was never good?

just go away. there is nothing for you here. he'll either get picked or not get picked, the gm deciding.

at least the guy knows how to fucking spell unlike half the applications in the roll20 game listings we've seen.

fuck, I still remember all those apps that go "Hi. I've been playing Pathfinder for many years now, and while I understand you might feel interested in this "path of war" and "psionics" materials, my extensive experience will tell you that this is a terrible idea, unbalanced beyond all means, and will only ever be abused. You don't understand this yet, but you can trust me. I'll help you out."

And all sorts of other ridiculous bullshit.

Also it's more scalable with new content as it gets released or added to the game. More spells come with every book, new spellcasters get added sometimes, people can bring homebrew to the table without issue. If it's a caster who goes up to 9ths, they get the first table, unless its table is like the Sorc/Oracle's which get the other, done.

>mp that comes back at a fixed rate

So, Exalts?

More like Ogre Tactics...

Hey, there's some good /pfg/ players here!

Like DHB.

Horseshit. Name five anonymous people in this thread you think are good players without saying Anonymous.

>+4 to level based spell scaling caps three times.
assuming those are the correct numbers to use, its too chunky a progression. smoothing it out would make a big difference.
but i assume that at level 19, you could for instance, sleep works on up to 16hd of creatures? when does a lv19 character fight 16hd creatures? hd outpace cr significantly. that makes me think your numbers are off?

and magic missile would shoot 10 missiles that do 1d4+1?

and fireball does 19d6 fire damage?

are we trying to make the lower level spells stay relevant at max level, or are we just talkimg about delaying when they become irrelevant wastes or a turn? if the latter, 1. why, and 2. delay them until when?

Me!

What's your NAME though

That guy who doesn't do the thing I don't like.

I don't have one!

Anoniem
Aнoнимный
匿名の
பெயரில்லா
and Mosaonetsera
are all pretty good

>mfw applied to like all of the lewdgames
>only dragon has closed for me
>random pick; didn't make it in
>the tl;dr teaches me I dodge a bullet on it
>sitting on fluffy, wotr, pirates, and applying to sultanas
I wonder constantly whether I know the system well enough to compete.

Not that user but caps would be going up by 12 levels there, so fireball would be capped at 22 and you'd only even reach 20 without help.

ogre tactics, and journey of the five are what i had in mind for mp. yes.

Which should I go for, /pfg/?

STR/CHA
Demonblood Vampire
Harbinger 12/Daring Hero 3 || Pactmaker 15

STR CHA
Demonblood Tiefling
Harbinger 12/Daring Hero 4 || Pact Maker 16

DEX/CHA
Spitespawn Vampire
Harbinger 12/Daring Hero 3 || Pactmaker 15

DEX/CHA
Spitespawn Tiefling
Harbinger 12/Daring Hero 4 || Pact Maker 16

I lose the ability to "Nope" fall damage, one bound spirit (have to suffice with 3 until I gain a level up), and "at level" access to 8th level maneuvers (though I might grab advanced study anyways because there are two 8th level stances that I want), and a point off my BAB.

In return, I gain:
+2 STR, +2 CHA
1 Bite attack that grants temp HP when used.
2 Claw attacks that grant temp HP when used.
Charisma to Fort Saves
Charisma to HP
+2 to Bluff and Diplomacy
Undead Immunities
+4 Channel Resistance.

DHB

Steve. Mike. Scott. John. Sean.

too early to say if you dodged a bullet on it or not, user.

they only had an intro session. remains to be seen if there will even be more. molthune seemed off to a good start as well and look how that ended.

If in doubt, play a bloodrager, focus on Str and Cha, power attack all the time and cast buffs when you're not attacking.

This anonymous poster , he's not user!

I have six of them in the game I run.

That's not an anonymous!

I'm trying to come up with the biggest slut gestalt combo for Sultanas right now actually. There anything synergistic about Bard|Witch?

The tl;dr was resoundly "Lol boob diving! symmetric docking! midget memes!"

>I wonder constantly whether I know the system well enough to compete.

This is honestly the one thing keeping me from applying for these games. That and the lewd stuff I guess, it doesn't really appeal to me personally.

There's just the one John in this thread! I've never met Steve, Mike, Scott or Sean, I think they are made-up!

You said without naming anonymous!

Well you've done it now, so too late.

There's at least two Johns, then, since I'm one too.

Is anyone here not named John?

Fuck off, witchhunter.

Everybody is John

Never drop class levels/HD, especially in gestalt.

Just don't do it.

Who? Who!

WHOOOOO?

right. so theres damage. and thats fine.

but what about hd limits?

the numbers on those seem too low to me.

Why do you care so much about DHB and what he does?

No, most of them don't appeal to me at all with forced 3pp material/lewd. Not to mention the GMs take for fucking ever to respond to their applicants, let alone if they ever even actually start a game.

user is jealous I think.

So any bets as to how many of them turn out not to be fake game?

My bet is on 1

If I said who they are then they wouldn't be anonymous!

Hey, do you want our characters to know each other? I'm making an amoral, cross planar mercenary with no shame or standards save the completion of the mission.

I think the gains far outweigh the cost here, though.

i like 3pp, dislike lewd campaigns, and prefer to game in person. i also havent joined a roll20 campaign.

Fluffy2 and the slave one seem really obvious fake games to me honestly.

Witches use Int and Bards use Cha, so that's one strike. Plus a Witch will ideally be using debuff hexes whenever possible, which gets in the way of bard performance. Instead of Witch I'd look at Oracle instead with passive revelations like Prophetic Armor, or magus with the Eldritch Scion archetype.

Because they genuinely don't enjoy Pathfinder/3.5 and should play something else. Hence why they're basically making something else.

We don't want an anonymous! We want names! Names! Names!

The campaign gives 18s to every stat, that won't be an issue.

Action economy is even more important, then, so the problem still stands.

I don't want to tie my character to someone else, that's a recipe for both of us getting rejected

Problem is I want to be a caster when the DM has banned full casters

If I wanted to keep the witch half, what would you reccomend it be combined with?