/swg/ - Star Wars General - Dashcam Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be honest, I've never run this specific list before (just Rey and Norra seperately), but my list for tomorrow will probably be something like:
Rey — YT-1300 45
Expertise 4
Kanan Jarrus 3
Finn 5
Engine Upgrade 4
Millennium Falcon (TFA) 1
Ship Total: 62

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29
Push the Limit 3
Tail Gunner 2
R2-D2 4
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 38

On a related note: what kind of bomb would I want to put with Norra: A "Action" bomb (w/ Expertise EPT) or a "Reveal Dial" bomb (w/ PTL)?

Very similar to mine. I've got Chopper in place of Tail Gunner and Vectored Thrusters. Gonna fly it for the first time tomorrow, will be paying close attention to how useful Vectored Thrusters ends up being.

>Thank goodness they sent the actual military to do that in the movie. They had a decent plan too
>fly around aimlessly because your guns can't get past the shields
>good plan

What is the best career in FFG, and why is it Technician?

>not ace
Technician is p good though.

Marauder is god tier for combat dudes.

I'm fond of the Force careers.

Welcome to OP trees - the book

Martial Artist

|01|02|03|4a|

|02|05|06|03|

|07|08|01|4b|

|09|05|10|03|

|11|12|13|4c|

01 - Iron Body: Remove a Setback from Coordination and Resilience checks per rank. Reduce Crit rating of unarmed attacks by 1 (min. 1) per rank.

02 - Parry

03 - Grit

04a - Precision Strike

04b - Precision Strike, Improved: Once per round, when inflicting a Critical Injury suffer 2 strain to change the result to any Average result.

04c - Precision Strike, Supreme: Once per round, when inflicting a Critical Injury suffer 3 strain to change the result to any Hard result.

05 - Toughened

06 - Martial Grace: Once per round, suffer 2 strain to add damage equal to your ranks in Coordination to one hit of the next Brawl check you make.

07 - Unarmed Parry: May use Parry while unarmed. Reduce the strain cost to use Parry while unarmed by 1 (min. 1).

08 - Grapple

09 - Overbalance

10 - Mind Over Matter

11 - Coordination Dodge

12 - Dedication

13 - Natural Brawler

Operator

|01|02|3a|04|

|05|06|01|07|

|08|09|10|01|

|11|3a|01|04|

|12|3b|08|13|

01 - Grit

02 - Galaxy Mapper

03a - Shortcut

03b - Shortcut, Improved

04 - Overwhelm Defenses

05 - Full Throttle

06 - Planet Mapper

07 - Debilitating Shot

08 - Skilled Jockey

09 - All-Terrain Driver

10 - Offensive Driving: As a maneuver, while piloting, suffer system strain up to your vehicle's highest defense value. For a target vehicle to upgrade its next Piloting check by the same number.

11 - Let's Ride

12 - Dedication

13 - Hindering Shot: Increase the difficulty of your next Gunnery check by 1. If you check deals hull trauma, the target vehicle suffers system strain equal to its current speed every time it fly/drives for the rest of the encounter.

Skip Tracer

|01|02|03|04|

|05|06|7a|08|

|02|04|7b|7a|

|01|09|03|10|

|11|02|12|13|

01 - Bypass Security

02 - Hard-Boiled: When recovering strain after an encounter, may spend [A] to heal 1 wound, up to your ranks.

03 - Good Cop

04 - Rapid Recovery

05 - Toughened

06 - Expert Tracker

07a - Street Smarts

07b - Street Smarts, Improved

08 - Bought Info

09 - Nobody's Fool

10 - Informant

11 - Reconstruct the Scene

12 - Dedication

13 - Soft Spot

Hindering shot is ludicrous.

Always Get My Mark

|00|99|99|00|

|1a|02|3a|1b|

|04|05|06|3b|

Base Ability: Once per session, choose a known Minion NPC on the same planet as your Mark. spend 2 Destiny Points and make a Hard Streetwise check. If you succeed, you track down your mark, and an encounter begins at the mark's location. The nature of the encounter is up to the GM.

01a - Change Skill: You may use Knowledge (Underworld) to activate Always Get My Mark.

01b - Change Skill: You may use Survival to activate Always Get My Mark.

02 - Destiny: Always Get My Mark costs 1 Destiny Point to activate instead of 2.

03a - Increase Effect: Upgrade the difficulty of the check to activate Always Get My Mark once to designate a Rival NPC as your Mark.

03b - Increase Effect: Upgrade the difficulty of the check to activate Always Get My Mark twice to designate a Nemesis NPC as your Mark.

04 - Reduce Difficulty: The difficulty of the check to activate Always Get My Mark is Average instead of Hard.

05 - Takedown: Upgrade the difficulty of the check to activate Always Get My Mark once to begin the encounter with your Mark in custody.

06 - Increase Range: If you have access to hyperspace travel and know the planet your mark is on, you can use Always Get My Mark to move to the Mark's planet as part of its effect.

Couldn't you just put this in a pastebin? It's a bit of an eyesore.

No, here comes the fucking LUDICROUS SHIT

Unmatched Devastation

|99|00|00|99|

|01|02|03|04|

|01|04|05|01|

Base Ability: Once per session as an incidental after making a combat check, may spend 2 Destiny Points to make an additional against the same target using a different non-vehicle weapon. The difficulty is increased by 1 for each previously successful combat check you've made this round.

01 - Increase Number: You may make one additional combat check per rank. Each additional combat check must be with a different weapon, and the difficulty increases by 1 for each previous successful combat check this round.

02 - Draw and Fire: You may stow a weapon and draw another as an incidental before each combat check made as part of Unmatched Devastation.

03 - Target Priority: You may choose a new legal target for each successive combat check.

04 - Remove Setback: Remove one Setback from combat checks made as part of Unmatched Devastation per rank.

05 - Improve Mobility: May suffer 2 strain to perform a Move maneuver as an incidental before each combat check made as part of Unmatched Devastation (does not count towards your two maneuvers per turn limit).

I'm phone posting, judge me as you see fit. I'm sure someone here will add it to an already existing bin when they can.

Time to purposely kill off my shitty diplomat.

You can be extremely diplomatic with this signature ability.

Simply tell them that you can kill every person in the room in the time it takes them to process a glib response to your threat and see if they open their mouths or simply fall to their knees.

Also make sure to take Smuggler: Gunslinger with this to just become a complete cunt.

It's the crippling blow - but for vehicles. Also a bottom tier talent those are pretty good. Decent way to stop a ship without needing Ions.

I mean, one of the soldier signature abilities is "negate vehicle soak" so you can kill TIEs with a blaster pistol and enough successes. And any Force Sensitive can bench press light freighters with enough XP.

But still this is pretty fucking rad IF you own like 5 guns.

Wait, if you're phone posting, can't you just take a picture?

>this works with melee weapons
>you can pull out like four different knives and hit four guys as an incidental, so long as you have enough strain and enough weapons

Oh yeah, this is pretty fucking hollywood. That's a really baller action sequence for a Bounty Hunter.

He got those trees from a forum post, which didn't feature images. The book isn't even officially out yet.

I wish x-wing got a release that was just commonly used and/or previously exclusive to one expansion upgrades so I could buy the ships I want instead of having to buy shit like the fuckin starviper so I can give fenn autothrusters

You do know you can buy singles of upgrades off ebay, right?

Mark my words, the eventual Spy book is gonna be full of the dopest shit ever.

I didn't, actually.

I'd still just like to be able to make a bulk purchase once or twice

I hope so, to be honest. Right now I look at the Spy specializations and none of them really strike me as being particularly cool. I'd far rather play a smuggler : thief as a spy than any of the spy options.

For the FFG rpg anyone know if gonk droids have been stated? and if so in what book?

As far as I know they haven't, but I'd say they're just generic monotask droids.

They would probably have 0 in every stat except for int.

They'd have 0 in most stats and 1 in some. Sil 0. Some talent relating to recharging devices.

Done.

All right, which one of you mooks did this?

>it's real
user, did you do that just now for the (You)s? I won't hate you if you say yes.

I really didn't, but I wish I could say I thought of it. A friend of mine came across it first, sent me a screenshot over Mumble, and went to verify it myself.

What is the best star ship for an small enterprising party of adventurers and why is the Citadel Light Freighter?

Any decent scans or forged in battle yet?

They are great, but they're almost twice as much as a YT shitbox.

We haven't had decent scans since neuromaniac was eaten by kowakian monkey-lizards

That's not a VCX-100.

I miss Neuromaniac so much. Did he just disappear along with KAT or is it unrelated?

Think he only really uploaded to KAT and once that was gone he disappeared too

Can the VCX carry two fighters for the adventurering party's pilots? I think not.

It's not Wanda, that's for damn sure.

Just slapping the most basic, hideous textures on this project has really brought it to life.

Now to spend the rest of tomorrow carefully re-texturing, aligning, and greebling every surface.

Then I can move on to lighting.

The "Sabbac Fortune" (sp) can carry two fighters.

It's... less elegant though.

I'm still salty that FFG made the VCX a Sil 5 ship. Makes it totally unappealing as a player vessel.

It's fine if you have a rigger willing to dump 15 XP into x2 Larger Project.

That doesn't make it able to use dogfighting manuevers.

Right, I'd forgotten those were all 4 or smaller.

Yeah, just fix that the designers were being retarded. The Phantom is also apparently a standard accessory for the VCX - though obviously it doesn't usually come armed for bear. And it's fucking half the size of a CR-90, which in Rebels is like 30 meters shorter than the prior canonical length which the SIL 5 CORVETTE WAS PROBABLY MADE ORIGINALLY IN EOTE - SERIOUSLY THE FUCK.

"I mean, do you see Hera ever taking evasive action in the Ghost?
>Gee, I dunno Max Brooke, but your pals in the X-Wing division did give it the Evade action - almost as if while normally ungainly they thought it could try and take action to avoid fire

Christ, I hope they put some minis guys on the RPG team next, and not the other way around.

Miy'til fighters as SIL 2 works though, those things are fucking tiny.

>What is the best star ship for an small enterprising party of adventurers and why is the Citadel Light Freighter?
>not a hot-rodded and upgunned Ghtroc 720.
It's like you'll cowards don't even smoke classic adventure

BTW in case you miss the irony there, Max Brooke was an RPG writer who was a major writer behind the last few sourcebooks in the line (Like Keeping the Peace, Special Mods, etc) who was transferred over to XWM's division where he at least has been working since the design of Wave X.

So...

Change the rules?

I do. But it's a spectacularly dumb move. The ship was obviously statted as a reference to the Ghost in Rebels, and you see the Ghost in agile dogfights constantly. It should be Sil 4 like the Falcon, and every other light freighter.

Eh, it's an RPG. Can't expect them to get every detail right. As long as it's easy to correct (and it looks like it is), I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Really, their problem was in the silhouette system. Or at least, the sort of lack of granularity. The Ghost is fuck huge, it's 40 something meters long.

BUT, because the silhouette system the jump from 4 to 5 is a pretty big deal, and this is a system that puts 60 m Gozantis and 120 meter CR-90s in the same weight class. Which is probably fair, but y'know, kind of boondoggles the rules and mechanics a little when you want to be like "Okay, the ghost is clearly bigger than the Falcon... but maybe not quite so big as a Gozanti or something?" you can't do a clean solution. They also probably didn't know that the shuttle was what in Special Mods would be classed as a Unique Modification for the VCX-100 and wanted to make sure it could dock fighters or something?

Would have been real easy to pop over to the minis department though - where they had y'know some clear scale on it. Ghost is big but it's not an Epic ship, it should still behave like other smaller ships. So like people say juuuuust make it a 4. We'll all sleep more soundly this way. I'm just annoyed it was intentional and not a format error. FFG does that enough to make it annoying and make you question what's legit.

Lol that old piece of shit probably has a class 6 hyperdrive.

Personally, my fix would be to have the ship count as Sil4 for all purposes except when being fired upon.

Alternatively, getting the writers who do the ship stats into rehab, then sit them down to rebuild the ship rules from the ground up because they just aren't that fun.

Goddamn seaturtle. Literally an inferior yt 1300.

Why is force lightning considered worse and more evil than just droping a giant rock on someone's head or pushing them off a cliff? Normal force powers can be just as if not more deadly than force lightning.

because normal force powers can also be used to stop a rock falling on someone or stop them from falling off a cliff, the fuck else can lightning do apart from torture someone to death?

deliver justice

The Force clearly believes in due process, not extrajudicial electrocution.

It's not what the force powers do, rater where they come from.

The Darkside derives from all the internalized hatred, fear, and pain of men given metaphysical life. It's like in 40k where sorcerers and heretics derive psychic power from the warp and it's perversion of the human spirit.

You are deriving The Force from all things "bad" and that's why it's considered terrible, not because you're killing people. Hell every one of them focuses on a martial arts style for their lightsaber. But that's why sith tend to throw down force lightning... because they become engulfed by these evil feelings, and they are not as in control as they'd like to think they are.

But user, that is the best ship
>that aesthetic
>those TIE mounting brackets
>dat dere armament

Simply can't be beat

its not force lightning itself, but the fact that you need intense hatred and anger to channel it, pushing people can be done on accident or in self defense, but using lightning is a statement that you want someone killed painfully, and that you have descended far into the dark side

Plo Koon was an active user of force Lightning, whiche he called "Electric Justice." In fairness he was frowned upon by many in the Council for doing so. Also, old EU. IIRC old-EU Plo Koon was known for his unreproahcable sense of justice.

defribulation?

from what we see in the movies, force lightning is a death ray and nothing else

Probably not. It was back from when he had a yellow/orange saber.

So, I know they obviously did, but WHY did the Empire oppress the shit out of nonhumans?

racism is an easy rallying point for all your subjects

And humans are the vast majority of the population of the galaxy so it's not that bad if you rely only on them and screw the others over.

Hm. This doesn't help me much. I'm going to be running a D&D game and want to see how long it goes before my players realize they're playing through the original trilogy. I was hoping for a more compelling reason than "lol racism".

Manufactured enemy mostly and they also took the opportunity to oppress the shit out of a lot of humans as well.
Think of the bigger picture, long as there an 'us vs them' and a war footing you can discard a whole heap of civil liberties, secondment of resources and labour. Long as Palps keeps squeezing people/aliens with policies of oppression, the military has something to do and it all becomes black and white

Don't forget, the guy literally ran the clone wars with just the help of only Dooku and people's predilections to punch on

its not racism to be evil, its racism as an excust to create fear among the population, and people who are afraid are easy to mold.

when everyone is afraid of the big bad trandoshan who wants to eat your baby, they will be more willing to have stormtroopers patrol their area in the name of security, it becomes easier to declare strip mine duros for resources because you dont think of them as having the same rights

points it it out clearly, you are manufacturing an "other" for everyone else to fear, and they will give up any civil liberty, any freedom, to fight them

Exactly what the Nazis did with their "undesirables" in other words.

It's good to have an enemy to rally your people around and out-groups are the easiest target, particularly to an empire that doesn't have any significant outside threat.

Don't even need to be Nazis, the threat of terrorism is used to push through legislation for surviellence and curtailing of civil liberties that would be laughed at if there was no 'threat'.

I recently asked a friend if they liked Rogue One and they said yes but they said it was jarring how fast Jyn climbed the tower. I've only seen the movie once but I don't recall the stack of datatapes being that tall? I assumed whatever that vault room is must be already way up the tower. Does anything suggest its lower? I mean we never see them use a lift but we also never see them take a shit. It's just taken as granted.

Does anyone whos seen the film a few times know where the vault is/how far she climbs?

I always wondered if this was the real reason he scrapped the clone troopers.

Did he want more participation in the armed forces from the population, to help build a broader loyalty to the regime? With the clones doing the bulk of the fighting, regular people wouldn't have had any real connection to the Empire's wars, and Von Clausewitz identifies that a civilian population's seperation from both it's government and army will ultimately collapse the system.

Being from arguably the perfect human specimen from a martial perspective, the clones were undeniably superior to any conventional forces, so why take the hit in martial capability?

Concerns about Kamino's loyalty don't seem viable, he's controlling an entire galaxy, he could easily turn Kamino into one giant police state to remove any possibility of rebellion or tampering with the clones.

Makes sense to me that by using a larger but inferior force, made of conscripted stormtroopers, he's increasing the percentage of the population that is under his direct control, and providing a much needed connection between the population and the military.

People are much more likely to support the regime and be invested in it's successes or failures when it's 'Their Boys' out on the frontlines rather than a bunch of faceless super-soldiers.

Finally getting around to playing KotOR. It's fun, but holy christ there is 0 encounter balance. It's 95% plowing through mindless grind with no risk of failure, and then a random droid freezes your party in carbonite in the space of three rounds and you have to go from a save from forty-five minutes ago.

Setting wise though, it seems like a fun period to play in, what with everyone running around using regular swords and the like.

>he's increasing the percentage of the population that is under his direct control

Plus it removed reliance on a 3rd party- Kamino.
There was something of a history (starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising) of various fuckery and cost/time involvement of growing clones is quite expensive. I mean shit, we crank out a basic qualified soldier in around 6 months, by about 12 months they're generally adjusted and competent enough to undertake deployments. All they need to be is two legs, two arms, physically fit, turn up on time and not too retarded, takes 10 years to get a clone to that level... and you don't even have to feed, school and wipe the buggers bum for the first 18 years of their life!

Think Kamino was also someone else's way of conducting war and I can see him deriving a great deal of enjoyment out of having natural soldiers fighting for his reasons. Tyrannus and Sidious took control of it for their own purposes, but once that was done, may as well be discarded

Is the shadow caster any fun to fly?

>and you have to go from a save from forty-five minutes ago.
That's why you quick-save constantly

Especially on Kashyyyk. Saves made during the forest floor segments tend to get corrupted often.

Actually you see her and Cassian in a lift at the end of the movie but that's irrelevant, anyway I've seen the movie three times and I didn't noticed anything, from the look of it the climb seems to be like 10 minutes long at most

Dude I fucking LOVE that image

god damn. Thanks for the new wallpaper.

>you have to go from a save from forty-five minutes ago.
You're back in ye olde days of games where it didn't autosave for you constantly. Smash tat MF manual save button.

>BUT, because the silhouette system the jump from 4 to 5 is a pretty big deal
Yeah, this is the issue more than anything else, imo. I'd like to see 4-5 or something as a grey area where you can do some small ship things and some big ship things but you're missing out on the really cool ones.

C-Roc Cruiser - when? Post your bets, lads. It's at the printer atm, btw.

Alright just played around a bit with sabacc and I think he is absolutely nasty. I flew him with 2 x7 defenders (predator Brath and juke Maarek), while sabacc had the title, lwf, and swarm leader. It was my first couple of games with the striker and man can that thing move!! Its nearly impossible to block and pin down.

I flew Brath and Maarek straight towards my primary target, with sabbac slow rolling the side to flank. My opponents didn't really expect sabacc to swoop in as fast as he did. I closed the gap on a flank, catching my target in the side. Brath and Maarek stripped tokens and shields, and sabacc at range 1 stripping both evades from the defenders (Maarek used his for juke, and neither lost theirs from evading) and threw 7 red dice with a focus. 2 crits, 3 hits, 2 eyeballs for 7 damage dice in total. Absolutely brutal. I didn't even care that sabacc blew up 2 turns later. He did his job and did it well.

My bet is that it'll be the last huge ship made.

People hate playing epic and despise spending $60+ for essential cards.

It's a shame. I like them for display purpose. Fucking poorfags ruining things for everybody

Does anyone else think the strength upgrades on move are going a little too far? Being able to move silhouette 4 objects seems extreme. Not even Obi-wan was shown doing such feats.

Random stupid question: I was re-watching DS9 with my wife, and we got to The Way of the Warrior, where you have that scene that the station has a lot more photon torpedo launchers than the Klingons originally believed, and it can give a nasty account of itself.

It reminded me of one of those old X-Wing books by stackpole, where you have a similar incident, a seemingly harmless space station has a lot of torpedo tubes sprouting when the Imperials pay a visit. Don't remember which book it was exactly, but it seems awfully similar

Does anyone here know who copied whom? It seems to put a lot of weight on poor coincidence that they were independent of each other.

Obi-wan was more of a talker than a fighter. See: "flying is for droids" and many other quotes. He isn't the be-all end-all of combat force application.

Can't you pump more Force points to move larger and larger objects or is it to a maximum of 4?

What's the best starter adventure out of the 3 FFG games? (4 if you count Force awakens I guess?)

For a new party of players who aren't quite sure on what module they'd prefer, and an unconfident DM

also are the adventure modules decent? Any should be avoided? Any that should definitely be tried? thank

Jesus, that's a stupid saber design.

What? Just cause you can stab yourself in the back with a flick of the wrist?

No the jedi is wearing a cortosis weaved cloak so he is no danger of harming himself