Tell me Veeky Forums, what do you think of the Squats?

Tell me Veeky Forums, what do you think of the Squats?

Also is 1d4chan's Squat codex good & usable?

They showed us the way

Currently unsure if 1d4chan's squat codex is good or not.

They were cool.

And no.

Alot of work is being done to it atm. And I think it looks pretty solid and balanced. Havent tried it out though.

They were a bland and lifeless army with little to recommend them but higher T and better access to heavy weapons/bolters than contemporary guard armies, but since nobody had the money for all those fucking trikes you tended to face what amounted to a guard line (with a slower movement rate) supported by a bike squad and a termie squad.

In Epic, they had a lot more flavor, but that system was pretty much dead by then anyway, so none of their cool stuff ever translated to 40k.

Most fan Squat lists are just Spasedorfs - axes, heavy armor, boltguns, a lot of weirdly misplaced/misunderstood nordic references because most people don't get what Tolkien was drawing on for LotR. Nothing much has changed from the early legit lists in that respect - they never got a legit codex of their own because they never had an individual selling point of their own. Yiffs do nordic better; marines do bolters better, and termies and bikers too; guard do meatshield better, and none of the unique squat stuff was really of a scale that it would even fit with the current era of mega-fuck toys with insane statlines.

I could fix them, naturally, but I'm waiting on the day GW wants them fixed. No point sperging over them until then.

>such genius
>we are not worthy

Sounds like you're the number 1. Make sure GW have got your number!

Someone gives an actually thought out reply, and your response is to be shitty at them for putting effort in? You are fully half of what is wrong with this website, and deserve to be killed. If you disagree, try arguing the point you colossal faggot.

>an actually thought out reply

That reply was bullshit.

1. Beer-swilling bike gangs with loads of scavenged Space Marine gear and Land Trains reluctantly inducted into the Imperial Army was an awe-inspiring theme. They could have been made even more awesome with a little effort and, as is, were a better army type in principle than most of the totally-not-historical regiments submitted by the perry twins that made the cut. 'Bland and lifeless' describes those regiments: The doormen, lol Rorke's Drift and the LAZER Lances pony regiment.

Totes futuristic, gaiz!

Jervis admitted Space Dorfs didn't get their promised 3rd ed codex because none of the studio 'creative types' could think of a better name for the line than Squats.
>implying standards were too high
This, from the people who gave us nun paste armour polish, the legend of Draigo, Finecast, Nagash, LeMartes, the Giant Baby Carrier and the Taurox.

Just call them DemiUrge and have Space Dorfs be a squad option in the army, like Ratlings, Ogryn or Beastmen (Space Skaven).

WOW!!! It's fucking nothing! But, no.

Instead, GW adds the term "squatted" - meaning army support lost to developer apathy - to their sick lexicon.

2. Fandexes are unusable outside a close circle of friends.

Sure, the technologically advanced race couldn't possibly have a selling point of its own.
>robots
>gyrocopters
>termites
>mole mortars
>thudd guns
>distorsion cannons
>conversion beamers
>graviton guns

What can squats bring to the table that the adeptus mechanicus armies haven't?

Jervis Johnson said that they were stupid as fuck, and I agree.

Beers. Kegfuls of them in fact.

I love dorfs. sure what they did with them is a bit naff in terms of creativity especially considering how unique the dwarves in warhammer fantasy are.
I think the main problem is that its that the WH40K universe is too grimdark for dorfs. Dwarves are drinking tinkerers, smithers and miners. But they strayed too far and ended up making them something that just dint fit at all for what people want out of dwarves especially something as amazingly badass and silly as DWARVES IN SPEEEHSSS.

where's the dwarf kings wielding crystal laser battleaxesÉ

>the WH40K universe is too grimdark for dorfs
Dwarfs are on the brink of extinction, their ancient kingdoms are overrun by goblins and their kings live like hobos. They were THE grimdark race in LotR.

Here's how you do Squats in modern 40k.

>Silicon based lifeforms, living nodes of minerals, appear as a shortnhumanoid roughly hewn from meteoric stone
>crystal beards
>magitech looking bracelets, harnesses and torcs on naked but sexless stone bodies
>bracelets and torcs are kinetic energy devices that can accelerate movement (punches) and deflect kinetic energy (saves)
>kinetic energy be their main weapons technology (Referred to by Imperials as "Hammer weapons" for its crushing, bludgeoning effects)
>typical squat ancestor worship, but based off the crystalline budding that is their means of reproduction
>because modern 40k loves big models, focus on their old epic stuff
>low infantry model count with relatively numerous superheavies, infantry in the more basic end of elite infantry

Please report to your nearest Commissariat office for reeducation purposes

Sqauts dont work as a faction.

Abhumans defiantly you people think to much on this when orges and halflings are currently in the imperium

They were mentioned in the 6th edition. Guardsmen, we can no longer deny them.

Beards, ancestry, Slayers, maybe some Gotrek & Felix in 40k equivalent, lots of alcohol.

Ah yes, I see. Now, Commissar, why don't you take a rest in that incine- I mean shower container over there?

Just have them as Demiurg, a Tau client race in a full codex with new kroot and vespid rules/models.

Whether it'd fit the setting or not, it'd sell like crazy.

Maybe a Nid Slayer - mad as fuck, orange hair and riding one an industrial mining version of one of those baby carriers so it can swing a fucking huge chain poweraxe. Off to avenge the shame of losing the home worlds.

I'm unimpressed.
The budding aspect might be decent if developed in the right direction.

Atheism and psychic powers.

I dint mean dwarves from LOTR specificly. the idea, the ethos of a dwarf. the token of "the dwarf" and its many ideas that comes with it and has evolved since its first presence in LOTR and the hobbit.

Dont forget the Orks. gotta be able to smash the shit out of orks. They speak their language just so they can insult them better.

Ha ha! The "Squats don't exist" meme is still forced I see XD

>anything before 2014 should never be mentioned again, EVAR.

>tfw you will never field Chaos Squat Sorcerer Ganon-Dorf
>tfw you will never use him as Daemon Prince Ganon-Dorf
>tfw you will never be Kyras/Yuga & fuse with a super strong Daemon like in Link between Worlds

>listen to me you shit-brown turd
>I'm going to burn your ass shut & drill another asshole on your forehead
>I'll shove this chainaxe so far up your dickless crouch that you give birth to a second axe in a few months
>You're going to get fucked so hard that Gork & Mork will transform into Slaanesh

>I dint mean dwarves from LOTR specificly
Well, then it's a good thing than what I said applies to most settings including fantasy Warhammer.

With the desert theme of the squat homeworlds, I always imagined their slayer equivalent to be pistoleros ala man with no name.

>Cowboy bikers

Add in some mutations Mad-Max style, and the engineer guild acting as a mafia (they did in the old fluff, but the lords kept them in check. Now that the fortresses have been destroyed...) and I'm sold.
The mysterious biker, fighting for justice and the innocents in a desolated world full of orks, tyranids and corrupt squats.

>Cowboy biker working with mafia

Is the fluff alright? I think it's nice but that's just me. I like how they included various weapons, equipment & characters either original & different, taken from some obscure part of 40k including old Squat fluff or some parts from WHFB made 40k.