>music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.

We also have a stand archive now!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs/edit#gid=1373747549

Systems and the thread question in the next post

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k
docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit
kars-in-space.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=HyJ31An6L0U
youtube.com/watch?v=BczPvFV1Q-I
youtube.com/watch?v=pjsh2j7W6Bo
princessahrairah.tumblr.com/tagged/stands
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOW DO I INTO JOJO Veeky Forums? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k (embed) (embed))
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>d10 system being worked on by Veeky Forums docs.google.com/document/d/1tgHTQY5OfUQMxXNLbBQd-Wrwv5fLSax-RGOsXuUUmIs/edit

Thread Question
>Do you use Hamon in your campaign, and if so, how?

How unoriginal am I if my stand is an impregnable suit of spiny armor that I wear and its named Sharp Dressed Man?

the heroes defeat me by depriving me of air[/spoilers]

Honestly user I like it
A stand you can t defeat by directly attacking

Give it the power that it redirects any force used against it back, like that dude in part 4 with the radio tower.

Hamon is fucking great. You can be a shinto ass mother fucker with a wooden. Sword made of blessed tree and turn that shit into a fucking lightsaber

part 2 best part

I felt like Hamon still had a lot of potential and it could have coexisted along side standos. Especially with the crazy stuff they did with it in PT 2

Of course, but I feel like Araki got sick of it, since in part 3 they barely showed it, despite having a master of Hamon as a main protagonist.

Name: Voltaire
Song: Brains!
Type: Punch Ghost

Stats:
Destructive Power: E -> A
Speed: E -> A
Durability: B
Precision: C
Learning: E
Range: D (B with cables)

Appearance:
Voltaire takes on the appearance of an adult human body made entirely out of metal cables.

The Stand becomes more muscular as it gains power.

Despite their metallic appearance, the cables are actually pretty stretchy.

Stand Abilities:

Brain Drain:
Voltaire is capable of extending numerous long cables, each with a small crocodile clip at the end, from its main body. These cables can with their clips latch and lock onto people's heads/faces, allowing it to drain 'brainpower' from them. The people Voltaire is gaining energy from will experience a slow yet steady decline in their cognitive abilities. Such as thinking creatively, coming up with plans, solving complex problems and acting rationally.

The speed at which you lose your cognitive abilities is the same no matter how many cables have latched onto your skin. However, if the clips have latched onto anything metallic that is connected to/in contact with your
head/face, (such as piercings, earrings and tooth fillings) the rate at which your intelligence declines is greatly accelerated. Removing all the cables will cause you to regain your smarts, but this happens a fair bit slower than the speed at which Voltaire absorbs your brainpower.

However, as Voltaire is no longer receiving a constant flow of 'brainpower' from you, the Stand will instantly take a hit to its speed and strength.

Thoughtless Zombies:

Eventually, the intelligence of the person being drained will deteriorate to a point where they're reduced to a drooling, mouth-breathing wreck completely incapable of performing any action themselves. At this point the Stand User can now control the person's body via the connection created by Voltaire's cables. The person affected will still begin to slowly regain his/her intelligence after the cables have been removed.

What's the plot of your game?

Mine is Speedwagon foundation employees try to stop someone with unknown time powers from doing shenanigans in an American city. All the campaigns I ran are basically this.

What do you guys think the plural noun foe Stand users should be? I like the idea of a crusade of stand users (for obvious reasons) but I reckon one of you guys might have something better.

Simple nouns with a mysterious meaning work great as a quick cliche'd name:

The Crusade
The Inquisition (I used that one)
The Syndicate (Also that one)
The Family
The Mob

An Album.

Sounds pretty cool. Good song too

GAY

I handwave/houserule Hamon as being the same thing as whatever stands are made out of, so it can harm stands, and allows Hamon users to see stands and their attacks as blobs of energy.

This is good, I'll be using this.

r8 h8 mastr8

User: Coupe Deville

「Two Heavens」

Destructive Power: C
Speed: C
Range: A
Durability: C
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: B

Appearance:
Slender, female shaped humanoid with chains surrounding the body, alternating between heart shaped links and star shaped links. One half of the body is colored cream, the other a deep purple. The head is sphere shaped with a single camera lens in the center, and three small angelic wings sprouting from either side, resembling a car emblem. The hands of the figure look distinctly mechanical with exposed servos and hydraulics making them up. On each hand is one half of a Yin and Yang symbol.

Stand Ability:
Two Heavens can attract two similar objects. The more similar the objects are, the quicker and more forcefully Two Heavens can attract them, as well as extending the range at which it can perform this ability. If two objects are perfect, Two Heavens theoretically has an infinite range. The user must either know the two objects intimately or have one in his possession. Two Heavens cannot target living creatures, and the objects must be distinctly separate from from other entities. For example: Two Heavens could target two cars, but not two car doors.

Two Heavens can also force two dissimilar objects apart from each-other, with the criteria for how forceful this ability acts being the inverse of it's attraction ability.

The larger an object, the more effort it takes for Two Heavens to move it, but the objects being more similar can assist it in this task.

So I rolled Green Day on the music wiki, a lot of potentially good names but I really dig the name "September Ends". I dunno what powers would be, we have a lot of time manipulation stuff in canon already.

Great stand, mate.
Maybe something along the lines of cyclical manipulation? Ability to manipulate objects and concepts that are cyclical in nature, like years or wheels.

Another. Hopefully my players aren't watching.

User: Bostaph

「Rough Trade」

Destructive Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: B
Precision: B
Developmental Potential: E

Appearance:
See image, lazy.

Stand Ability:
Rough Trade can steal the momentum and inertia out of an object and anything touching that object and 'chamber' it into one of it's fists. When Rough Trade releases this energy, it adds the mass and inertia to it's attack, spread over the area of one of it's fists or finger tips. Rough Trade can only chamber two object's momentum and inertia at a time, and must dissipate or use it before being able to do so, it also cannot steal this from another stand.

Well, old Joseph did once say that one's ability to manifest a Stand was partially based on their innate affinity for the Ripple. (So genetics?)

Would that mean that Pillar Men are unable to manifest Stands without going Ultimate Lifeform? Since they have absolutely zero affinity for it.

What do you guys think about that?

But Dio was able to manifest a Stand and he's just as weak, if not weaker to the Ripple than the Pillar Men. I would assume they could do it if they used the arrowhead or something, but probably not "naturally".

A game I ran previous involved Santana waking up from containment (he never gets killed, remember? He's just hanging out in the Speedwagon Foundation), and is penetrated by an arrowhead and manifests a stand, and a B team of stand users have to mop it up while Jotaro and company were off sorting out Dio.

I feel like Dio would get a pass, as the stone mask merely gave him a weakness to Hamon and sunlight. He could easily have had an innate affinity for it beforehand.

But yeah. You'd probably need to poke with the arrow to get any results.

And you gave Santana a Stand? Neat. What did it do/stats?

「Shadowplay」It was basically just a halo that manifested around his head and arms. He could manipulate shadows with it to keep himself safe from the sun, move through them, and use it so he could actually harm stands and 'drink' from them like they were the user.

So I was toying with the idea of a Stand (bound to an object) that would allow ordinary people to see 'spirits' such as Stands and ghosts. Anyone got some songs that would fit that power?

I was thinking of "Overkill" by Men At Work. A Stand bound to a heart, which was used in a heart transplant after the original user died in a car accident.

Or "Sunglasses at night" by Corey Hart. Which would be a pair of seemingly ordinary shades.

That's good, but broken as fuck. You'd need to give it to a dumbass.

Eyes Without a Face

Third Eye Blind?

What U See is What U Get
Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Turn the Lights Off
Wish I Knew You

Give me some BBEG tier abilities. Doesn't need to be related with time/space.

The ability to make someone forget
Health/Condition swap

How would you turn Empathy into a stand power?

Anything related to resurection and mass mind control.

Alright, you asked for it; this one's a teeny bit complicated:

King Crimson meets Mandom meets GER.

I like to call it Wonderwall.

It takes the last X seconds (X can be tweaked as balance needs) and...rearrange them. You know how KC can remove an effect but keep the cause, while GER can remove a cause but keep the effect?

Well, Wonderwall puts the effect before the cause. Specifically, it separates every distinct "event" that happens and then...rearranges them. A car drives by. An opponent throws a punch. Wonderwall's user gets hit. and stumbles into the oncoming car.

In his final moment, Wonderwall's user activates the ability.

The "events" are: "a punch is thrown" "a car drives by" "someone is hit" "someone stumbles into the car".

Wonderwall would rearrange them so that "someone stumbles into the car" comes before "a punch is thrown". The someone happens to be the one who originally threw the punch. That "someone is hit", and then Wonderwall's user "throws a punch".

It's a bit silly, and overly complicated, but as a villain Stand I think it gets that pass.

its final form, requiem or further arrow-empowered user upgrade is called Wndrwll and takes the last X seconds and then creates a localised pocket of time where the events of those X seconds are the only things that can happen.

Why not use space/time related abilities?
It does seem to be tradition.

I had an idea for one that kind of turned empathy into punchghosts eventually.

「Stereo Hearts」
A stand in three ACTS.

ACT 1 「Cupid's Chokehold」 gives the user are of effect empathy, allowing them to read the emotions of people around them. This gives them insight into how they'll act and how they'll attack.
ACT 2 「Gym Class Heroes」 gives the user greater finesse and control over their empathy, as well as manifest small projections from areas of concentrated emotion. These projections are the same whenever they are created, and have personalities of their own.
ACT 3 「The Fighter」 gives the user the ability to not only read emotion but to push their emotions onto others in the range of their empathy. Their projections also grow in size, becoming much closer to minor humanoid stands as opposed to small familiars.

>empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Might I suggest pic related perchance? It's a con, but I guess guilt could be a form of empathy.

A white-album style suit stand that doesn't slow down time, but instead speeds you up so fast that everything begins going in a sort of really, really slow-motion.

This speed-boost, instead of being a time-stop, results in anything the BBEG having strength-boosts to his/her punches, as well as causing them to tear up anything they walk past in the speed-up.

Instead of being a time-stop where you can gently move things or set things in motion, you're going so fast that everything is just slow in comparison, and thus everything you touch gets either ripped apart or tossed wildly unless you grab it.

The only issue is that since that is how it works, instead of looking godlike like Dio or Diavolo, you're basically a force of nature.

Not sure about a name for it though, but I personally like the idea of a rock or rap song for it.

>Destructive Power: A
>Speed: A
>Range: E
>Durability: B
>Precision: C
>Development: E

That's not empathy though; it's just a stand with an emotional trigger like Enigma.

Anyone know of some songs or albums with Lock or Key being in the title?

Locked Away
Key To My Heart
Lock A Little Sunbeam Down In Your Heart
Lock And Key
Owner Of A Lonely Heart
Heartbreaker

Why did I read Key as Heart...

It doesn't NEED to be, but it can.

/sss/, I'm looking for a character theme I've go everything else but I can't place what a good theme would be.

The stand is called 「Rule Britannia」, it's a section of eight, 3' tall Zulu Wars styled British infantrymen that continually fortify the area around the user using both local resources and ones they can 'requisition' i.e. spawn if left in on place for long enough.

The user is someone of noble birth running from her destiny but still holding romantic ideals of chivalry and honour in their heart.

I though maybe The British Grenadiers but I feared it may be a little slow.

Gonna spitball an idea here, please leave feedback. Trying to prepare some bad guys / general villains to DM a jojo with.

「Who」

Destructive Power: B
Speed: B
Range: C
Developmental Potential: A

Appearance:
a floating mirror, it places itself onto the stand users face during battle in the appearance of a mask similar to a "phantom of the opera" half-mask. The reflection in the mirror shows what sort of effect the stand user is under / mimicking.

Stand Ability: "Consumptive Mimicry"
By having the stand user devouring a living creature or part of a living creature,「Who」can transfer a 'quality' of that specimen to the stand user for a short amount of time, with stronger qualities taking up more energy and thereby having shorter-lasting effects. For example, by eating an ant, 「Who」can give the stand user a massive increase to proportional strength (likely for only a small while) or take on other qualities of the ant, such as hivemind instincts or poisonous bites. Whilst under the effect of a quality, the mirror in 「Who」's design shows the face of the devoured creature.

How probable is it that the Pillar Men's bones could be borderline metallic?

Their color, as well as the weird skull Esidisi is revealed to have almost looks like some sort of naturally occurring horm rotation mechanism. Could it be that the Pillar Men have naturally occurring gears in their bodies?That could explain how the teeth on Kars' Light Blades are capable of high speed movement. Same with Wamuu's arms during a Divine Sandstorm.

And Jesus. It looks like they have... skull ribs? Protecting their brain instead of solid bone.

The Pillar Men suddenly seem a lot more alien.

Dang it I was making metal people.
Now I'll have to change it.

Ability to play as an Armed Phenomenon when

You think turning into water is a big enough drawback for a stand that can grant eternal life?

User: Sissel
Type: Special (User became stand)

「Ghost Trick」
Destructive Power: E
Range: E
Durability: ?
Developmental Potential: A

Appearance: A spectral orb of blue fire, with a white core.

Stand abilities:

Ghost: The stand shifts its existence to an overlaying dimension referred to as the realm of the dead, where time ceases to flow but interaction with physical objects is impossible. In this realm, it can travel to certain objects that contain a possession core, though only if the object is within range of its abilities - otherwise, the stand is immobile. Phone lines can be used for instantaneous travel over long distances. In essence, this ability is used for instantaneous movement along any distance, so long as cores are present to allow for it.

Trick: Used to manipulate objects that are currently being possessed. Incapable of exerting much strength, though a clever use of the environment can make up for this fault.

Rewind: The possession of a deceased corpse, besides the user's own, allows for the user to travel back to four minutes prior to their death any number of times. In doing so, the stand is sometimes capable of using the environment and its abilities to prevent their death from occurring - the act of doing so rewrites the timeline, and accomplishes the otherwise impossible task of fully ressurecting the dead. If the victim's spirit had achieved conciousness by the time this ability is used to save them, they remain fully aware of the events that occurred in the old timeline.

That's fascinating, but I have nothing to really add.
So have this instead?
kars-in-space.tumblr.com/

Can you elaborate? Does the person it grants the eternal life turns into water?

I love that game. It's a pretty cool idea to turn it into a stand.

The name of the game is pretty fitting for a stand, i have to say

「Running Out」
Power: E
Range: D
Potential: E
「Running Out」looks a bit like a mannequin; thin limbs, slender, and no defining features besides the hole where its ass would be.
「Running Out」's ability is Deadline. The stand user can designate a specific action that needs to be finished by a specific "Deadline". Once the "Deadline" is about to hit (within 1-2 hours), the user can reach into the hole on 「Running Out」and pull something out that could be used to sufficiently finish the "Deadline's" task. If the task remains unfinished by the time the "Deadline" is up, the user could die.

youtube.com/watch?v=HyJ31An6L0U

The stand is water, and things that drink from it gain immortality but at a price.
If you slowly sip the water, taking only a few mouthfuls every ten years or so you'll just gain an extremely long lifespan. You can still be killed, and it is possible for you to eventually die from old age. Most never reach true death, instead their body grows dependent on water as they slowly liquefy, eventually joining the giant pool beneath the spring formed of others like them.

You can also choose to fully immerse yourself in the spring and be granted permanence, but I'm still working on that.

Does what I have so far sound good?

Pretty good, yeah.

Just going to be honest the real reason why I want to make this stand is for there to be slightly-liquidized dinosaurs wondering around the swampy backwaters of Florida.

Aw yes. Ghost Trick was a great game!

And it even had its very own superpower granting meteorite.

Poor Kars. I wonder if he's already half comatose, or if he's still wishing for death?

Anyway, these are dead humans we can see in this image, right? Possibly from one of the tribes that worshiped the Pillar Men?

Which civ would you say it most likely belonged to? Inca, Maya or Aztec?

Coming up with something featuring Pillar Men from before Kars killed them all is proving quite a challenge, as Araki cannot into history and had the Pillar Men be worshiped by humans before they were advanced enough to form proper civilizations and build typical south American pyramids.

Should I just gloss over that part?

Here's an idea for a new challenge. Post two or more related Stand ideas, or come up with the abilities for them.

I'll start.

「Cream City」
youtube.com/watch?v=BczPvFV1Q-I
「Sugar Town」
youtube.com/watch?v=pjsh2j7W6Bo

You could always make up your own civilization. Maybe they were more adcanced than the others but were wiped out once they did something that the Pillar Men didn't like.

[Sugar Town] is a gigantic village-sized stand. It appears as a town where all the buildings and structures are made of a different type of treat: chocolate fountains, gingerbread homes, candy cane street lamps, etc.
Ingesting a part of the stand makes the victim overwhelmed by sweet taste and cured of diseases. After eating a few more bites, the victim cannot stop.
Eventually, the victim is pulled into the stand entirely and emerges as a new building or structure in the town.
Due to the massive size of the stand, even non-stand users can see and eat the stand.

>Basically Hanzel and Gretel + Pearl Jam.

bump

> Games
Wushu.

> Hamon
In my last campaign yes. I played around with the idea that vampiric/energy absorbing Stands temporarily change into supercharged forms when they absorb Hamon.

cool stands here

princessahrairah.tumblr.com/tagged/stands

>Nazis continue experimenting on Santana
>Stroheim loudly protests, gets sent to the Eastern Front for his trouble
>Head scientist Rammstein begins harvesting tissues from Santana fleshy and petrified both
>Platoon of bootleg pillar Nazis formed

Can something be done with these autistic ramblings?

make the nazi zombie pillar soldiers autistic and i think you got yourself a campaign

How would you apply speed and precision of stands into a game?

For speed I was thinking of how quickly you can summon a stand.

But I'm not sure how exactly precision affected stands at all in the manga.

Maybe how many people the stand can effect at a given time?
A stand with Low precision can effect many people at once, maybe even the entire world! One with high precision has a very specific use and can only be used one at a time.

Shouldn't precision be a good thing? Considering you'd have to sacrifice other stats to increase it.

>REEEE instead of WRYYY
kek

It varies on a stand to stand basis. Precision is always a good thing.
Say the stand [Alt-Human] can turn the user into any material.
D precision lets him turn his arms and legs separately.
C lets him turn his hands, feet, parts of torso separately.
B lets him turn his fingernails and individual strands of hair.
A would let him turn specific MOLECULES into different material.
Of course, different stands can use Precision with differing degree of usefulness.

Missile's power could also be pretty crazy.

Bring able to swap the location of two similarly shaped objects could lead to some shenanigans for creative players.

Im thinking that the ghost tricks shown by missile and yomiel could pretty reasonably be abilities gained by the stand as it grows or evolves.

>Meteorites that grant strange and usual abilities
>Fragments/pieces of said meteorite can rapidly accelerate the development of powers when someone who already possesses them are exposed to it

Is Ghost Trick actually... set in JoJo's Bizarre Adventures?

Holy fuck.

Post-apoc cyber punk mega city, invaded by stabd weilding waste land bandits called the highway stars, only one of the players havd a stand, and the rest have powers of there own, not sure of everyone should get a stand.

A stand that turns people into trees.

Can your players other than the stand user even see and interact with the enemy stands?

They cant, and im not even sure if they want stands

I had a BBEG whose stand 「Back In Black」 could heal any injury at the expense of the users life span shortening
Seems weak for a BBEG right except that he gets another power from the CORPSE equivalent in my game, this ability 「Black Ice」allowed him to use anothers life span to heal himself and others as well as replenish and extend his own

「Back In Black」
Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Range: B
Durability: A
Developmental Potential: C

Can I have a stand that does everything?

that would be an over heaven stand.

Who would want to play that?

So I can do anything better than you!
Your stand freezes time? So does mine! For 11 seconds!!! And it shoots lazerbeams!!

How prominently is the SPW Foundation featured in your games Veeky Forums?

The central hub - the questgiver, the supplier, the PC employer and the convienent way to bring new characters into the game after PCs die.

I drew a concept for a stand, probably going to change it up but figured it might be interesting. Original idea for a name was Creedence Clearwater Revival, but I like 「The Knack」 more.
Open to ideas for abilities, best I have is that it sends targets into a Dream state that it can manipulate to the victims fancys or fears.

The stand I have planned for my game's BBEG has the ability to "lock" things in stasis kind of like kraftwerk.

The stand places one of the many locks covering its body onto a target, and the user chooses what he wants to stop. (So if the stand touched your hand, the user could lock your hand, finger, or your entire arm.)

This ability also keeps anything it locks in its current state until the lock is removed. So, if the stand were to put a person in stasis for a number of years, they wouldn't age.

Still haven't come up with a name yet though

Shipment of mysterious artifacts to a facility in the big city is interrupted by a gang war. Now the stand-granting artifacts have circulated through the city's underground, ending up in the possession of the most prominent gang bosses.

These gangs have all but taken over the city by turning each able member into a stand user.

However, once the original flux of stand user production has slowed to a stop, and most of them locked up or killed, one man unknown to any of the gangs is going around shooting seemingly random civilians with an arrow.

A stand user like Straights or Will A. Zeppelli could probably wreck most stand users with surprise attacks

Currently, it's only been mentioned passively. A character was listening to an Alex Jones type on the radio, and he want on a rant about that the Speedwagon foundations are globalists with ties to British nobility, the nazis, big business and the occult.

Holy shit, it would explain a lot of stuff.
Including all the poses of Cabanela.
Especially those.

Also consider Ghost Trick is arguably also in the Ace Attorney setting.

We could potentially have Ace Attorney's Bizarre Adventures here

And the ancient traditional panic dance

And the fact that someone, somewhere, had the resources to build, maintain, and hide the true purpose of a research facility prison

Speedwagon foundation was clearly suspecting vampires or stands instead of ghosts

Read Steel Ball Run.

Pretty much the group's vehicle supplier and general benefactor though after the party's handholder (and the guy that arranges the transport) dies the foundation'll have a more prominent role.

>And the ancient traditional panic dance

>Safety Dance is a stand passed down for generations, but the translation got muddled somewhere along the way