SW Saga Edition - Campaign

First post here. You can bash me for that.

I have difficulty to put together my campaign of Star Wars Saga Edition, so i need your help.

>Campaign is set during the Cold War (SWTOR)
>The Characters work for Galactic Republic (green jedi, alderaanian noble, correlian soldier, treasure hunter (scoundrel), engineer(scoundrel)
>They are looking for a treasure of Blazing Chain (force sensitive pirates starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blazing_Chain), hidden on a planet
>No idea what the treasure could be
>They found the map with help of jedi padawan, former Blazing Chain member, that fled with 4 other force-senstives from one of Blazing Chain's ship
>The reason behind the escape was their captain falling to the dark side and become Davy-Jones-sort of character
>I want to put somewhere "friendly sith" character that hunts those pirates for reason unknown to the players (they know the sith, he helped them once, because they had simmilar goal)

What exactly do you need help with?

In the future, avoid making reference to 'how new you are'. It's unnecessary and unattractive. If you say something stupid on Veeky Forums, you're anonymous, it will never have any reflection on you (other than maybe your ego).

> Saga Edition
Don't do it.

What's wrong with the Saga edition?

Thanks. I'll remember that. I need some ideas. A lot of things happened in my life and i can't focus on preparing interesting campaign, but i really want to. Just throw some ideas at me, even if they're stupid. It might help.

Because?

You seem to have most of what you need covered, but here goes:

>Treasure is guarded by cleverly disguised droids, made to look like stacks of gold bars
>Friendly Sith isn't here to gather any treasure, but to kill the pirate captain due to a prophecy made by his lord (or, if you want to keep it separate, by a Dathomiri witch allied with his lord)
>The "treasure room" is a room containing a note, sitting on a pedestal. The note says "My crew were my only real treasure." The note is actually the passphrase needed to activate the secret door at the back of the room, leading to the real treasure.

>No-leg Pete: pirate with arms and legs replaced with lightsabers, who moves via the Force. He doesn't even have to be effective; he's really just there to throw the PCs off while other, better pirates get into position.
>At least one fight that takes place in wide network of wires and power lines, designed to look similar to rigging on a pirate ship
>Natives on the planet use ivy, old-looking stone structures, and well-paid actors in animal skins to hide their bustling modern economy from annoying tourists and pirates
>Pirate hideout made out of ancient, buried Sith cruiser from a bygone era, that crashed to this planet ages ago
>Piles of worthless gold, with relatively little value in the Republic's current economy

Ignore idiots who fanboy editions.

Read some books/comics/adventure modules for inspiration. Space Opera or Cloak and Dagger.
I suggest the Darkstryder Campaign and Aquablue first cycle, they're neat in that regard.
The first one is a manhunt and treasure search set right after ep.VI, the latter is a cool space opera story with pirates, evil mercenaries, ancient aliens, savages and everything.
You got a lot of experience with DMing.

Saga has MASSIVE balance issues if you have amixed party (like OP does), since jedis are nearly unstoppable in Saga.
Imo FFG does it better, while WEG is the superior game if you don't play with force sensitives. It might be dated, but I c1n't stomach the faults of FFG's system.

I like this.

This Pete can be great material for fake boss battle. I really like that. Well... but no lightsabers. Broken prostetics and funny look are enough.

I'll combine those two ideas. Also i need a filler, so the players won't find the treasure so quickly.

Ok

They might be in battle, but outside it they're autistic with their lack of skills (try to persuade a droid with no persuasion). Besides i have my ways to hit my jedi. Fair ways.

Add someone who criticized both the light side and the Darkside

Here's a basic structure that I've found works really well with the Star Wars setting

>Party is/acompanies a team looking to find/retrieve something (perhaps they're scouting out uncharted lands, or an earlier exploration team have lost contact, or anything really)
>While trying to do what they were originally doing, the Party instead discovers a place of great importance (ancient temple, convergence of ley-lines, ruined fortress, etc)
>At the very important place, the Party discover an unknown but very important item, plus enough information for hem to know that they have to do something about it (ancient lost holocron, unique khyber crystal with magic properties, a WMD, a key to a WMD, etc)
>From there, the party has to deal with the item (in one way or another) while also dealing with the BBEG and his forces who know about the very important item (bonus points if the BBEG was a good-guy who betrays them and/or falls to the item's influence).

That would be so special

>SWTOR

And it's trash.

There's probably a lot of people that hate the Force in Star Wars. It fucks free will up and gives superpowers to a select few.
I'm surprised we didn't have witch hunts directed toward jedis that weren't sith plots.

Story in TOR is ok. Gameplay not really, but this is not about the game but the created world.

First. Second. And third Jedi Purges were carried out by both non force users and non force users. Kreia did state that for the jedi to be completely exterminated you need the entire galaxy on your side

But they were always initiated by siths. And weren't born from hate against the force (except for kreia, which leaves scion and nihilus)

Filler ideas:
>PCs are attacked by droids dressed in fronds, covered in tribal markings. After spending years abandoned on this world, cannibalizing each other and using solar batteries to survive, these droids have "gone native", and now desperately hunt the jungles for anything droid-like to help rebuild themselves (they may also attempt to scavenge the PC's ship).
>A wild panther-like creature, enhanced via the dark side, hunts the PCs in the dead of night.
>Hutt on a Safari

>what is a jedi hunter

Not a lot of them hunted jedis because they hated the Force, or weren't under the control/employ of a sith