/YourDudes/ - Your Warhammer Army fluff general

Im trying, no bully edition

A place to share the fluff and stories of your regiments/legions/chapter/whatever, be it 40k or Fantasy. Be creative, dont be a bitch and remember to have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Infernal-Guard-Fireglaives
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm still working on the fluff here, but I've been building a heavily mechanized Genestealer cult. Using as much of those cadian hybrids as I can and, for the others, using some Scion bodies just with the genestealer heads and hands.
The fluff being that they're a cult set up on a world that's entirely devoting to pumping out guard and their various pieces of hardware. The cult has set itself up as a sort of masons group for "soldiers with potential" and all that jazz. They're not incredibly public yet, but they manage to sneak some proper genestealers onto the shipments off planet.

Well I've been looking at the fall of Cadia book and that new everything and the kitchen sink formation, and it makes me really really want to run Sisters and Tempestus scions with Inquisition and fluff them up as a Crusade. Do them all in the same red and white paint scheme. Maybe throw in a Knight.

I just think making a crusade would be fun, fluff it as one sent to deal with Tau and Nids (since those are what my buddies play).

Still kind of in the deciding stage though. For me right now the problem is the sisters. I found a conversion i like and i want to do it, but im afraid of them being no good when the official models come out.

Hope this is my dudesy enough,

That sir is down right diabolical. Would gladly give up a settlement or two trying to root you out.

Why thank you sir. The only limitation is I wish genestealers had more guard hardware. The best part is the Primus for the army is dressed up like a commissar.

Ah I'm in a similar boat user. I've been loving the detachments from fall of cadia for the same reason. Honestly, I'd give it another couple months for sisters. Just work on the rest of the army for now.

Yeah, I can work on the scions for it. And Celestine.

exactly. just do what you can for now user. By the time you're done, you should have a better idea of if sisters are coming.

Posted this in the main, but I am planning to paint purple Cadians.

The general idea would be that they are survivors of the fall, and painted their armor purple to form a new regiment in honor/remembrance of those who died defending the planet from chaos.

It's semi-fluffy IIRC because all Cadians have purple eyes and it's a reason the planet was almost exterminated during the crusades. (It was viewed that they were infected by chaos.) Kind of funny how those 'infected' turned out to be the ones who defended the most.

(Image isn't mine, but the color scheme will be similar.)

For the record as far as the scions goes i'm thinking white plate with metallic detailing and a red cross. Red berets. I recast my own bits as necessary via blue and milliput so i'm using all helmeted beret heads for my troops cause i love the look. Gonna put em in valks.

Think my Kabal is going to be run by a drug addled ex-reaver Archon. He pretty much musters a war force together after a dysjunction and gets kited around the web way by Harlie allies for more and more rediculous reasons.

It's also stretching it as far as possible so I can have purple soldiers. :P

The Akaran Resurgence
The Resurgence:
The Akaran Resurgence is the name given to a group of star systems. Numbering in the hundreds, it is ruled by the daemon king Urdhanvana. It is located at the north-centre of Ultima Segmentum. A massive warp storm engulfs it entire. In response of the raiding armies coming from it the Imperium created the Werken Protectoral. The Protectoral is a special coalition of 20 sectors. These both forces wage war against each other ever since. Akaran is a world resurrected a living testament to the Great Undivided: The spoils of the never-ending wars of the Resurgence are brought there. Each day 16.777.216 lives are sacrificed. Each soul liberated honors one teaching of the Dhaswal. The holy book of the Akaran Resurgence written by Urdhanvana Himself.

Population:
The Resurgence is special for the low number of daemons and marines, the majority of the Resurgence massive population are mostly humans or mutants. While there is only a nominal xeno presence in the resurgence, mostly the hated Nlei-Yith, the resurgence casts a shadow in which darkness xeno empires are able to thrive. This shadow is called Taalfluch.

- The Daas-Pol are the human followers of the Primordial Truth who live in the Akaran Resurgence. They follow Chaos Undivided or one other of the powers exalted by their own bidding. Urdhanvana keeps his distance and led them rule themselves. Mostly that means that one warlord rules over a region. The Daas-Pol can be divided to four groups. The city-people, the kingdom-folk, the nomad-warriors and war-disciples. Of greatest importance are 108 worlds of the Ever-Growing Wave. Each has a portal to the Akaran itself.
- The Zay-Baya are the chosen warriors of the World Teacher. Every warlord pays tribute to Urdhanvana, some feel called by his might. Led by the Eight Sons of Teaching: Ahezan the Cruel Knight, Iouyhth and Keighort the Twin Light of Xohof, Qichidn the Spear of Outer Heaven, Teuwehrt the Ever-Wheel, Eliorute the Collector,Wer the Steel-Pain and Tieran the Blessed Desolation; the Zay-Baya is the army of Urdhanvana.

- The Daas-Tama are mutants, slaves and beasts living under the sun of Chaos. They are seen as inferior to the Daas-Pol for they do not choose to be enlightened by their conscious will. They live either in giant work-camps or in giant hordes.

- The Hajan are the traitor forces not native to the resurgence. Legionaries, refugees and mercenary are found in this category. Most are the last scum but some are elevated by the World Teacher to serve Him. They can be found under the Banner of the Zay-Baya.

\Me personally if i wanted purple dudes i would fluff them as some sort of preatorean type deal. After all Purple was the color of Emperor in rome, and then later royalty in europe for a while. To show their dedication to the emps they wear colors that on their planet are associated with him and swear themselves to his service, or something like that,

But your idea is cool, and probably better than mine, im not trying to shit on you, i just wanted to share the idea i had when you said purple soldiers

History:
The origin of the Akaran Resurgence is bounded with the ascension of the World Teacher. Urdhanvana was born in the world which later became Akaran. The original name was removed from the annals of the story. He was born mortal as the king of the second continent of this world at the Age of Strife before the Great Crusade.
His rule was just and good. In his 50th year, however, he decided to resign from his rule and look for the cosmic truths in the highest mountains of the world. His subjects and family lamented much over the decision of their beloved king who has led them through the most cruel wars and crises.
In total isolation he spent 90 years meditating. There he was enlightened by the outer gods and the Great Undivided. He went down the mountain and began to preach his teaching. These were collected into the Dhaswal.
His great-grandson who was in power did not believe his return, for his age must be impossible high. He denied him. The wise man who would become Urdhanvana saw it necessary to overthrow his descendant. He took command of his people and conquered his world.
The people of his world united, he began a legendary sermon. He spoke to them for 45 days. He spoke how to set them free from the shackles of the materium.
They planned to enlighten mankind entire and to ascend all together in infinity. His people organized themselves in an army called Zay-Baya.

Opening portals to other worlds, they went to nearby worlds. Many heroes were born and died at the time of the Ever-Growing Wave. At the world of Nav, his 108th conquered world. Urdhanvana became. Not a son of the exalted powers but a son of the Great Undivided itself.
At this time he was still not the god he would later become. His armies marched under the banner of the Star to victory from victory. Centuries passed and the empire of the World Teacher grew strong and numbered in the thousands.
In the 505th year of his benevolent reign an army of his was destroyed at the hand of an unknown xeno race. The survivors spoke of a species, which has discovered the corpse of a xeno-god. It was ancient and the reason that this race was able to withstand the Zay-Baya of The World Teacher. Urdhanvana traveled far into the Empyrean and was able to collect a memory of a race old. This revelation made it clear that The World teacher had to consume this legacy.
The war was terrible and hundreds of billions died in the War of the Corpse. The triumph of The World Teacher was inevitable. The feast was glorious. Urdhanvana ascended to godhood.
This golden age ended with the incursion of the anathema. The enemy declared the truth as lie and the immortality as damnation. This could not stand.
And so began the War of the Two Storms. The might of the Starfather cleared the space away from the warp storms. The Worlds of the Akaran Resurgence were the goals of this war. Sadly the Ayana lost this war. Akaran was destroyed and Urdhanvana was cast away. The survivors of the resurgence fled to the borders of the galaxy. The anathema tried to murder the truth. Luckily it was of no avail some enlightened ones were able to hide and waited their time.

This time came during the Horus Heresy. The mortal Lachit saw his time coming. Preaching the gospel of the World Teacher she was able to summon Urdahul back to his realm. Lachit ascended to immortality and was renamed to Tieran the Blessed Desolation.
The revenge was terrible and brutal. A thousand worlds burnt in the light of Urdhanvana. Even after the death of Horus the armies of Akaran murdered. When the crusading armies of the Imperium arrived Urdhanvana unveiled a terror. In his exile he met a xeno race, the Nlei-Yith. This Warp-worshiping race knew many secrets. A storm was called upon hundreds of worlds and the Anti-Light swallowed the entire Akaran Resurgence. The people of Urdhanvana were save now.
The Imperium unable to follow Urdhanvana into his empire installed fortress worlds around the Resurgence and prepared for the War Forever.
In the Akaran Resurgence Portals was created on the 108th first conquered worlds of Urdhanvana. These portals had one destination: Akaran. In the Immaterium The World Teacher recreated Akaran in its glory. He rules there in distance but always when one warlord is able to gather the entirety of the Akaran Resurgence The World Teacher commands one storm. Every storm took trillions of lives, entire sectors were lost and the entire Segmentum was in danger.
The First Storm:M34
The Second Storm:M35
The Third Storm:M35
The Fourth Storm:M37
The Fifth Storm:M38
The Sixth Storm:M40

Beliefs:
The Worlds of Akaran believes in reincarnation. The one who serves the teaching of Chaos well is rewarded after death to a higher state of being. The Resurgence mostly is organized in a class system; from the humble administrator to the warrior-nobility and finally to the immortals. The only exception to the class systems are the Daas-Tama or the members of one of the war bands. Some war bands organize themselves into monastery worshipping a special notion of the Dhaswal. The exalted powers are seen as a force respected and revered. If a Daas-Pol feels himself called upon to serve one of the powers, this is seen a call of destiny. One is suffused with a spirit of Chaos.
The Akaran resurgence doesn’t believe in a singular identity, every self is influenced by other forces. These forces stir up to the Point Pralaya, the duty of all is to clear the path so that the Great Undivided can awake to sentience and absolve existence.
The Great Undivided is the creator of everything but is asleep. Everything is part of Him. Only if enough of Him is aware of His state He may awake in His all-powerful might. This is the Truth that the World Teacher preaches. Urdhanvana is the chosen prophet of this awakening.

Oh I know purple is the color of royalty, I just always saw Big E as Gold instead of purple.

And constructive criticism is always welcome. :)

that's really cool user. I'm pretty shit at recasting so that's really impressive to me. Gotta do what you gotta do for aesthetic.

The Four Noble Truths
• That life is suffering.
• That suffering has an origin and this is the physical
• That there is a way to end suffering.
• That this way is through the Dhaswal.

The Eightfold Star
• Wisdom: The ability to see through lies and see how the world really is.
o Right View: To clear ones path of misunderstanding.
o Right Intention: To rid yourself of what you know is wrong.
• Ethical conduct: Keeping your life free of evils that will try to lead you off the path.
o Right speech: To say only things that honors the Great Undivided
o Right action: To avoid weakness and doubt
o Right livelihood: To live your life into the path for immortality
• Concentration: The ability to keep your focus and your mind calm.
o Right effort: To continually eliminate the false in one’s self, to amplify the light of Chaos
o Right mindfulness: To keep your mind on the path, to observe the world as it is
o Right concentration: To focus on what really matters, to not get hung up on trivialities.
The Four Wheels of War Eternal
• All things are permanent
• That physical existence is suffering and dissatisfaction.
• That mortal things have no true self
• The Empyrean is liberation.

The 14 Spears of Exaltation
- The Truth that can be told is not the Primordial Truth;
- The Name that can be named is not the eternal name;
- The Great Undivided is origin of Energy
- The Enumen is the origin of the Physical and the Anathema is its avatar;
- To hate them is divine, enlighten the followers of the lie;
- The xeno is false water;
- There was something undifferentiated and yet complete;
- Which existed before the Old;
- It is all sound and all forms, an ever-explosion, it depends of nothing and is ever-changing
- It operates everywhere and is all-powerful;
- It sleeps but may awake if all of its dreams consolidates;
- It’s name is not given yet, it is the Truth;
- All things comes from non-being, all forms comes from formlessness;
- So Chaos is the Primordial Truth;

Urdhaul, disciple of the World Teacher:
Chaos Undivided is more than a pantheon a philosophy, it is the Eightfold Path, it is the Truth behind the curtain and the sin of knowledge, the revelation and the secret, it is many things but not a religion as we understand it. Chaos is freedom, ambition, power and glory, it is damnation but also reward, it is the moment when you break your chains, when you dispose of your humanity and when you embrace something so unfathomable that dives you insane but also ecstatic with the knowledge that your destiny is in your OWN hands.

When an enlightened one exults For Chaos! across the din of the battlefield he evokes this truth, he utters in words what his eye have seen and what his soul has felt when he opened his mind to the truth for the first time. When marching under the banner of Primordial Truth the warrior of Chaos does not favor a Exalted Power in particular way, neither he favors them all, but he is the herald of the Truth, the Truth of which destiny lies beyond the skein, the Truth that follows death, the Truth that power and ambition are rewarded, the Truth where you as an individual can become a literal god, an immortal, a being of such utter power only if you will it, only if you dare it.
Chaos Undivided is not a religion; it is a philosophy, a philosophy of the self interest, of tangible power and the shattering dread of the ultimate Truth. This philosophy teaches a human that if he is ambitious enough he would be rewarded, it teaches him that if he kills with the name of the True Gods on his lips he would catch their eye and receive their boon, it teaches him that one day he can become a demigod, a mortal no more, and all this if he only wills it and dares it.

It is also the philosophy of the metaphysical, where reality and dogma shatter, a philosophy that teaches its followers that the laws of physic do not exist, that any laws are artificial, that dogma and ad a closed mind lead your soul to be shattered by the dreaded dream predators. Chaos Undivided is a philosophy that teaches you that you have a soul, teaches you that with your dreams you shape the universe and it teaches you that nothing is impossible, everything can be done if only one dreams it.
That is why a disciple of the Primordial Truth bears proudly the Star of Chaos even if he pledged his allegiance to only a variant of this philosophy, perhaps to Nurgle's teachings, it is because once you pass over the skein of reality and you see the vast landscapes of infinite possibilities nothing can ever be the same and everything becomes possible, all that is required is a simple dream.

Stupid amounts of practice man. Anyone can do it, it just takes some practice and patience and a willingness to waste a decent amount of miliput before you get it right. Honestly it still isn't perfect, but it lets me make use of spare arms and clone bits that kits don't come with enough of so i think its good, maybe i just have low standards though,

So Im starting a Traitor Guardsmen regiment, called the Hanged.

They were ordered to purge a Hive World of Auther V, and succeded, but then the Inquistion decided they were tainted too and decided to order the marines to cleanse them aswell, after executing the Company Commander by, you guessed it, hanging. His second in command, outraged by this, riled the guardsmen up and they won agianst the forces of muhreens and the inqustion, but for the price of daming themselves to Khorne. Now they roam the glaxay on a space hulk they recovered that they called the Gallow, looking for battles to be fought in the name of the Blood God. But they arent just bloodthirsty maniacs, they mostly use ranged and artillery, but they can do pretty well in melee thanks to thier patron. Also, they dont kill most of women and children, instead using kids to replenish their numbers and the women to take care of the kids.
Thats like a quick summary of the fluff. Thier color scheme is red (duh) with re pauldrons, but armor remaining green to remind them of the treachery of the Imperium, apart from the more elite Desciple of Brass, who wear full brass armor, and serve as the bodyguards to the new commander.

I wanted to mix Chaos with hinduism and Darkseid. Questions are welcomed.

red pauldrones, excuse me.

Ok, so a bit of fluff to sum up all my dudes.

First, imagine an average Imperial sector in late M-41 somewhere in the Ultima Segmentum.
One of it subsector was the theatre of violent battles during the Tau second sphere of expansion and the Damocles crusade. Most of said subsector was left to the influence of the perfidious Xenos, because the sector being pretty isolated, the sector imperial guard units (one of their regiment is my dudes #1) being already comitted with fighting more pressing threat (Chaos insurrections, local Orks infestation etc...). Ensue a few centuries of "Cold War" between the Tau and Imperials, broken by a few skirmishes.

Problem is that the statut quo is more or less broken by the blue face trying to expand their influence (via their usual subversives means) to worlds way to close to the "green crescent", a group of half a dozen Agri Worlds that basically feed the entire systems. Sector command thus started to quietly planify a crusade to definitly liberate the occupied subsector, quietly stockpiling war material and trying to get additionnal troops for the rest of the Imperium.

These call for help are heard by myDudes #2... a passing by Black Templars Crusade. That immediatly start to purge the Tau space without a lot of coordination with the other imperial forces, genociding a few worlds or recruiting their population in a mass crusade (that part represent the whole load of games I had with a Tau friends). Total war ensue all over the sector, with Tau seriously pushing the Imperial forces. Sector Command is caught a bit offguard, and thus desesperatly trying to expand it military base.

Here enter my Genestealer Cult. Seeing that most of the Imperial Forces are heavily commited with the Tau, and the world they control being pressed to provide a lot of manpower to the Imperial Guard, it decide to strike before their secret is leaked (recruitement effort tend to bring a lot of Administratum to their planet). During the process of founding the first regiment issued from this planets, the Cult strike and seize the shitload of material that was meant to equip those regiment. Plan is a quick offensive to the neighbouring planets, in order to quickly "convert" their population to ensure the rapid dislocation of the sector.
(this grand plan may be a bit to Mary-sueish, but I just started to think about their goals and background and how having them interact with my other dudes. Anyone has information about how 3rd and 4rd gen hybrid can "brainwash" standard humans into the cult ? "standard" sexual intercourses? ).

Cult is based in a volcanic Penal planet, where inmates are used as cheap labor to exploit the mineral-rich soil. As the administration of the planet was the first infected part, the cult was more or less free to grow over the last centuries/decade, fed by a regular influx of prisonners that the Imperium expect to die on the planet anyway. It also make the planet an ideal pool of cheap a efficient (if not reliable) fresh flesh for the Guard in the recent crisis.

>Between the Tau's Second and Third Sphere Expansion
>A lush, verdant planet is encountered that is being fought over by two alien races
>With usual Tau diplomacy, both aliens join the Empire and the planet becomes the centre of a new Sept
>The Tau that come from this Sept interact with a lot of aliens and are usually very open-minded, accepting and liberal
>Warfare focusses on heavy use of auxiliaries, stealth and rapid strikes

The Orks are a recent addition to my army. An unrelated secret Earth Caste task force was performing genetic experiments on a planet of Orks, with the goal to make them adherents to the Greater Good. They successfully cultivated Orks that responded to Ethereals as Tau do, but when these Orks got really fired up they killed the task force, including the attached Ethereals.

Cut to many years later, an expeditionary force from my Sept find these Orks. Due to being open-minded, some Commanders decide to bring them on as shock troops and melee buffers. The top Ethereal running the show is a bit of a maverick and decides to let all this slide without informing the Council of the Highest.

My dudes are a relatively unimportant Contingent from this Sept. They're led by one of these open-minded Commanders so when they deploy they have not!Kroot outflanking, not!Vespid making rapid strikes, Tau making gunlines and Orks protecting said gunlines.

Oh nice, you worked on it a bit more since the main thread!

I think once they reach the point where they look pretty much the same as humans, it would just be normal intercourse that does it. I don't know the lore that well, though.

Im really happy I made the thread, you guys seem to have some awesome fluff. I feel like a shitty writer compared to things like or . Rock on, my fluffy dudes.

> TAKE THE KNOT

question: how are you so creative? This is amazing fluff

Practice makes perfect!

>Im trying, no bully edition
People might be less inclined to bully if you used grammar correctly, my man.
Anyway, I'm currently working on fluff for a Guard regiment based on the British Indian Army; the "21st Ranjit Tiger Force". They've got turbans, beards, jackets and fancy sashes; they specialise in jungle/urban/siege combat due to being pulled from the ranks of Ranjit's PDF, who have to be constantly vigilant against attacks on their cities from the feral Orks who live in the planet's jungles.
Also looking to build some French Foreign Legion-themed Tempestus stormtroopers, who'll basically be regular Scions wearing Kepis on top of their masks.
>Hinduism
>Illustrated with "Chaos Buddha"

1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables

If youre lacking creativity at the moment or have writers block, these help.

They arent Space Wolves

On a serious note, I know its pretty edgy and dumb, but I couldnt decide on a name, and asked Anons out, one of them came up with the Hanged, and I wrote the bit about the commander being hanged. I feel like it isnt the worst thing, especially since my first idea was the Blood Hands or the Brotherhood of Brass.

If you don't mind, what did I fucked up? The OP is WIP, but I don't know what to add to it.

>edgy and dumb
Well, some would say it define the universe pretty well some time. I mean, my stealer stuff would imply gigantic rape camps if they manage to overrun an undefended imperial planet.

And I find the basic idea pretty cool, especially if you manage to sort of express it on your models.

Like, hanged victims on the side of the tanks, or troopers with a cord around their necks (guess it shouldn't be that hard to do with greenstuff).

Well, you forgot apostrophes.
Also, might be an idea to link to some of the 1d4chan creation tables as inspiration.

I was planning to make my chimera commander hold a noose in one of his hands, plus some ropes on the chimeras and vets. Some trophy heads and bodies too, to represent they are Khornate plus spikes because chaos is spiky. Ropes and spikes are pretty easy to make from GS (I hope) and Im buying WHFB zombies for the body parts.

Good idea dude, I will surely add the tables next time.

Well, Chaos India and China. The Akraran Resurgence is a big place, there a religous war over the right interpretation of Urdhanvana words.

Holy shit nigger you really expect me to read all that?

Yes I do

I've got two armies, both with a fair bit of fluff. First is my Guard; informally known as Irgan's Irregulars. They're a collection of troops from a variety of regiments, working together for one very simple reason: Their boss is an Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos. He makes use of Guard when he needs a heavy implement to drop on something because, well, he actually has to ask politely to get Space Marine help while he can just walk up to Guard and tell 'em to get in line. The army consists of troops that prove useful enough to hang onto. It's under the command of a Cadian colonel named Kath Irgan, who has proved decently good at keeping the disparate bunch of oddballs of the force working together and pointed at the enemy. In turn, when the Irregulars wind up working with other Imperial units during a crusade or whatnot, the Irregulars often get used as "buffers" between regiments that don't like each other much.

See, I backed a bunch of different kickstarters for random troops, and needed a way to weld them into an army. It more or less works, and has the bonus of making no-fun-guys grind their teeth (especially since I've thrown in more than a few gags and references into the army, how DARE I not take this perfectly seriously?)

That sounds pretty good desu senpai. 8/10 would play a fluffy game agianst.

It's chaos dude, it's supposed to be a little silly! Hell, my Tzeentch Warband is jointly led by a bird named the Great Lord Tharn, Emissary of the Conspirator and a Thousand Sons sorcerer named the Hierophant, Mouth of the Changer!

My other army is Sisters of Battle; the Order of the Crystal Rose. Founded on Mysidia IV, an obscure planet initially just to protect a shrine, they took the name from some of the local fauna, a variety of flower whose petals were mostly crystal. The AdMech put a small Biologos enclave on the planet, to study the unique biology, but with most of a continent between them and the Sisters, they mostly left each other alone.

Then, 50 years after the Order was established, a series of Warp Storms rolled through the sector. Once they abated, the warp currents through the sector had changed massively, making the Order's homeworld a natural way-station for most travel through the region. As traffic through the system increased dramatically, the Order grew and wound up forming the core of several crusades through the region. They also stood to the defense of the region in reaction to several Ork incursions. One in particular, a Waaagh! under the command of Kaptin Baddruk, made it as far as the planet's surface. The Order, the local AdMech, and the planet's PDF met them in battle, and the PDF folded like a dirty shirt, leaving the AdMech and Sisters holding the bag.

In the ensuing running battle, they shredded the Orks on the surface; buying time for the Navy to arrive and chase them out of the sector. In the process they developed a solid working relationship, one far closer than most AdMech and Sororitas organizations, and one that has stood both groups in good stead since.

Was a fantasy player until recently with a fluffless skaven army in a purple scheme. Kind of hit End Times when the clan distinctions were up in the air so it didn't matter so much.

Recently got into 40k and wanted a Cthulu style Dagon cult that maybe would be Fenris based and worship that tyranid Kraken in the sea. Have some space wolf stuff and might get some 'air tanks' to add to their mining suits to make them look like an aquatic society hidden under the ice.

That's some solid fluff here, I'd read a book or two about the guardsmen. I swear to The Gods, BL needs to get its writers in here.

Thanks! It's been a fun army to build.

Over the years, they have managed to acquire a number of bits and bobs of non-standard kit; hanging onto them largely due to also possessing a good working relationship with the Inquisition. Of particular note they possess a squadron of Avenger Strike Fighters, and another of Stormhawk Interceptors. The Stormhawks were "gifted" from the Blood Ravens durring a crusade - the Blood Ravens stole a large number of Sororitas Rhinos and Immolators to replace their own combat lost transports and refused any suggestion of returning or replacing them, and so in retaliation, the Order of the Crystal Rose stole their air wing. They got away with it because the Blood Ravens had managed to severely annoy the Lord Generals and Lord Inquisitor who ran the crusade.

This is another army that's full of random conversions and weird stuff. 2 of my 3 Exorcists are conversions, many Sister Superiors and special and heavy weapon troopers as well. The Stormhawks are minor conversions (the clear canopies and Sisters pilots rather than Marines). I'm also going to be taking advantage of the Castellans of the Imperium list to add some converted bikers (now I don't need an allied marines detachment to use 'em!) plus converted Landspeeders and probably some other bits and bobs here and there.

That would have been a quite well photographed blister pack, if it wasn't for the blurry blob of a miniature in front of it obscuring the view.

>he used the Bloody Magpies meme
Im done. Gonna send an email to BL with a link to this thread. The shit that happens here is pure fire.

>using the Magpies meme in your army fluff
>good

Sure it's silly, but basically everyone I've mentioned it to has gotten it, and most of 'em grin. I try not to take this game too seriously.

this is a terrible idea

ah fair play then, what ultimately matters is that you and those you play with like it and have fun.

What could go wrong?

What could go right?
Seriously, what do you expect to happen?

Boss Deffloot. My Boss Mek, lords over his Deathskull horde. He has NEVER died ever. Was of little reknown until he made his kustim stompa the Killdakka stompa. Bristling in fire power with a belly full of mega nobs. Noteable weapons include dual skullhamma cannons, a deffarsenal and the firebelcha in the head.
On its first major tour out it was sent against a lord of skulls (or whatever the big khornate tank mech thing is. It was brand new at the time and my buddy wanted to try it). I believe it was only its second game. I kept getting glancing hits on the most of my army was dealing with the rest of my opponents chaos troops. Finnally he rolled up into close range. This was it...i had taken a few hits earlier and he had a fuckload of attacks, im not loaded out for close range. I took a lot of damage and suffered 2 explodes. I got by with 2 HP. I could only imagije this hulking stompa slashed to bits with deep horrible wounds then from within Defflooy bellows "HEY!!!! IM NOT EVEN DEAD YET!!!!!!!" systems back online. All weapons dump and Meganobz get droppped and completely shredded the lord of skullz. Tabled my opponent after.

Another notable game was the last game i played (over a year now). We opted for a 10k game, 2v2. My buddy made a fandex and although its spectacularly underwhelming our opponents (two friends of ours one of which was the chaos player from before now playing Admech) would not let him use his dex or me use IA13 so no stompa. Only current rulebooks. We knew from experience that both of them were going to bring the cheesiest cheese from SM and Admech. So if we couldnt have fun we decided to ruin it. We beought 20ish wraithknights and 9 transcendant ctan which left exactly 35 points. Just enough for one big mek. We elected it be deffloot. Well deffloot was there and took cover as antimatter meteors decimated our opponents. We didnt even finish half of our first turn before thet gave up. So he won his last battle and remains unkilled

I've got an army I'm starting, a combined Inquisition and Marines force called the Charnel Host. Long story short, because mobile: The Inquisitor in charge is a radical Xanthite, corrupt to the core but refuses to admit it. They've aligned themselves with a Fabius Bile-like Mechanicus member capable of cloning imperfect Marines from existing stock. With the "help" of the inquisitor's Red Hunters retinue as "donors" and a lucky find of an abandoned late-Heresy armory in a remote system, they've begun building a force of Marine-alikes that, while significantly shorter-lived and flawed in their critical thinking, are imprinted with tactical knowledge and enough skill to serve as an off-the-record personal armory.

Most Charnel Host units are on foot or jump pack, though the Magos maintains a single Predator squadron and the Inquisitor's black ship supports drop pod deployment. Lightning-fast attacks to seize materiel and allow the Inquisitor to make passage, escorted by their armored squadron. A lot of (imprinted-as) veterans involved.

Any suggestions for a color scheme? I considered bringing back my Kill Team's green and brass, but I don't think it fits the name, and red and black is a little too on the nose.

Sounds pretty cool man

What does Veeky Forums think of my fluff:

Somewhere in the vast expanse of the empire lives a 12 year old planetary governor who is obsessed with the DKoK. He thinks they're mega cool and edgy. So much so, in fact, that he has made it mandatory for the factoriums of his planet produce knock-off patterns of the DKoK gear, which he demands to be used by the regiment of his planet. The regiment hates him.

The boy's name is Craig. His regiment is the Death Korps of Craig.

I chuckled

When I read the name, I see dark green with black, plus some brass highlights.

Oh yeah, Im having a bit of a problem now.
So Im not using the devotion that lets you use flak armor for infantry squads, so how should I fluff most my men using even worse t-shirts? I mean, they get things like wyverns and rapiers, but not some flak vests?

Charnel host sounds red and black desu, but if you don't like it how about just plain iron? If they're disposable marines, what's the point in painting their armour? Or you could do the off white of the death guard.

I absolutely fucking love it.

Pal, if you've got any minis to show off (especially that commissar), I'd appreciate it if you'd share pics here or over in /wip/.

Still working on them sadly. Dont' worry, once I've got some stuff I'm happy with it'll be plastered all over.

>Kabal of the Cursed Sun

A Kabal so overtaken by their arrogance that they refuse to set foot on a realspace planet, considering any ground outside of the Webway to be beneath them.

Their name comes from their tactic of, instead of appearing from darkness like other Kabals, their raids occur at noon, seemingly appearing from the heart of the sun of the system instead.

Wait, if they wont set foot on realspace, how do they raid?

At high fucking speed.

These are my Guardsmen Dudes all in shorthand (Only War stats, lore, and pictures that inspired me), as I have quite a few but don't want to drown you guys in multiple posts.

Sorting out fluff for a homebrew Loyalist Chapter. Thoughts would be appreciated.

The Templars of Ruin are an Imperial Fists successor chapter, stationed on the remnants of a combined forge world and hive city, the surface of which has been covered with sand and desert, the new inhabitants forming a more tribal society. Recruits are often tested by delving deep underground through the ruins of the hive world and past ancient traps and defenses, trying to make their way to the forges deep underground. While the trek is hazardous for recruits and marines alike, the ancient forges give them unprecedented access to older patterns of power armor and weaponry for use in the field.

The Chapter devotes much of its resources to the preservation of the Imperium's knowledge and history. They commonly seek to defend shrine world, the locations of historical battles, and hunt down rare relics and documents. They are often more than happy to aid other chapters or branches of the Imperium in such tasks, giving them good relations with many organizations.

Their preference for tactics involves a heavy preference for fortifying positions and bolter marksmanship. Their members are very experienced at fighting numerically superior foes with careful tactics in the field to thin down their numbers. It is due to this cautious approach that the Templars of Ruin employ that they have a large number of veterans, though in spite of this the chapter usually operates under strength. This is due to most veterans being assigned to guard remote ruins or shrines across multiple sectors, while the main force of marines numbers at around 500 at most.

The Templars of Ruin also have a slight organizational difference, most of their standard marines being members of the four reserve companies. When they need to send a force to battle, it is often that they draw squads from each company in order to make a strike force for that particular mission, separating them afterwards.

It makes me smile every time you post this, user. Really well thought out and laid out, all of it. I actually ended up generating a very similar unit to the Shiloh Union Guard for my Only War group because we wanted a Western aesthetic for our homeworld so ACW seemed like the logical inspiration to take.

My dudes have never won a game. Ever.

You don't need to call it a combined forge world/hive city. Forge worlds are huge urban megascapes too. The distinction between a forge world and a heavily industrialised hive city is really that a forge world is administrated as a theocracy under the Priesthood of Mars.

That said, I would be very interested to hear about what their relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus is. Do the Mechanicum still claim ownership of it? Were its original occupants destroyed in some cataclysm? How do they feel about Space Marine Neophytes going rummaging around through ancient archeotech vaults?

I'd enjoy it if they were kind of secretly standing guard over the forge world because of some ancient horror that destroyed it, lurking in the deeps.

you have a lamenter army?

No, i just don't play Tau or Eldar.

There's some neat ideas in here. Kudos!

My Dudes are a splinter of Iyanden, broken off from the main craftworld when the tyranid fleet attacked. they can't reattach due to damage, so they've resolved to scout the galaxy looking for lost or abandoned pieces of wraithbone. A Wraithlord half-reduced to slag from bombardment, a squad of wraithguard buried under sand from orbital bombardment. They retrieve these priceless artifacts, and sing them back to life before sending them back to the main craftworld. They're a lot less rigid than the craftworld, due to being separated for millennia. Not as fucked up as the Dark Eldar, nor as wild as the Corsairs, they are the 'reasonable' eldar. They've seen the tyranid threat for what it is, and are prepared to do anything to combat it. Much more willing to team up with other races, they are currently manipulating an enormous tribe of Evil Sunz Orks into fighting the Imperiumk so that they can concentrate on the tyranid splinter approaching a vital webway portal. also my Farseer is completely tsundere for the Warboss, she loves his free spirit and happy-go-lucky attitude, and eventually wants to ride him into battle as true equals

I'll make a note of that. Wasn't sure if there was a big distinction, though I wanted to get across that there were manufacturing facilities there, along with the maze of tunnels that a hive world implies.

I imagined it was abandoned or lost way back when, as I'm modelling them with some legion-era gear made from the forges within. I figured the chapter would have been given a dustball as their recruiting world, only discovering the ruins within later, and the Ad Mech laying claim afterwards. I imagine they share it, in that sense, the forgeworld supplying gear for the marines, with a few techmarines bridging the gap. I'd imagine the populous might be enlisted by the ad mech to a degree to delve into dangerous portions of ruins in search of new stuff, so the route that recruits usually take to reach the forges isn't in too much danger of ruining something rare.

I like the spoiler suggestion as well. I may have it be the case that it was also an ancient tomb world, meaning there's even more catacombs buried under that. The Necrons woke up and purged the population before leaving, though perhaps there's still a C'tan shard locked deep inside.

Top-tier fluff my dude

Tau Sept: Uan'Voss
Primary Colors: Stegadon Green, Loren Forest, Sotek Green, Russ Grey

For official purposes, my cadres reside on an Emissary-class cruiser, embarked on something like Star Trek TOS' "Five Year Mission." In actuality, they answer directly to a council of Ethereals and are some of the one fire-caste soldiers who are informed about Chaos.

I've got Kroot, I run Cadians with converted pulse rifles as breachers, and I'm looking to add more auxiliaries, maybe some Tzaangors or WHFB beastmen.

Vespid might be a neat addition if you don't have any, though their rules can be a bit lackluster. Tzaangors might be an easy addition, though I'm not sure what you'd run them as. The Demiurge are basically space dwarves who invented Ion weapons, though I imagine you'd need some decent conversions for those.

Sounds like a neat coalition force though. Kudos.

I'd run Tzaangors as more Kroot. Would be fun to build a spawn with a gun embedded in it as their Krootox. Converting dwarves is a decent idea I hadn't thought of.

I know Vespids are one of the only two auxillary units they actually make, but I don't like how they look, I don't like their very limited fluff, they're expensive, and they are strictly worse than the already suboptimal breachers.

My 30k RG represent a post massacre adhoc strike force lead by Strike Captain Maun with various recalled Predation Fleet Elements, those RG left behind to fortify Deliverance, and various rescued beakies that were scattered about the galaxy. So I have some nice clean beakies, mixed armor beakies, and murder terrans in my army.

The Terrans can be peeled off to make a Blackshield list. They are a mix of proto-caracharodon Pale Nomads and Ashen Claws.

My Freeblade band is lead by the last survivors of a Knight House. He intercepted a Dark Mech transmission about a lost system that mass-produced Knight Styrix and Magaera. He and his house fought off the Dark Mech on the surface but triggered a system-wide automated defense grid that blew apart both fleets and destroyed everything on the surface with hordes of drone-knights. The lord Seneschal barely escaped after his Baron pattern knight got ganked. He found himself in an underground forge with a lone Atrapos. He discovered the entire systems defenses were slaved to the Atrapos' anima. He bonded with it, at the cost of some sanity, and led the drone knights against the traitors.

Without the support systems of the forgeworld the army eventually broke down. It was then he was picked up by Malcador to become one of his agents tasked with finding Freeblades with special abilities to unite them against Horus.

Thus far he has found a Knight Crusader-Obliterator with unnatural amounts of firepower, a warping Paladin that they use to traverse the galaxy, and a Necomancer Warden that can raise other knights from the dead, namely an Acheron that follows with them.

All of the above link up at some point to form lists of MyDudes when I play.

That's a fair reason to not include them then. I'm pretty sure Tzaangor are taller than Kroot overall, though I think they'd work fine.

>The Demiurge are basically space dwarves who invented Ion weapons, though I imagine you'd need some decent conversions for those.
They're pricy, but I imagine these fellas could work as a base: forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Infernal-Guard-Fireglaives

>Shiloh Union

Remind me that I always wanted to try a confederate of France 1914 themed guard army. The sheer number of conversion (and the price involved) for building an army based on mass infantry make it pretty hard to realize.

I wonder if there's any templates or anything to use to write up "full" army fluff.

My main army is Terminator heavy Space Marines with a large supply of Great Crusade era equipment, while my side army is a mix of Skitarii and Inquisition.

>Space Marines:
The Twilight Crusaders are a quiet, and particularly vindictive chapter of Space Marines, who descend from the Raven Guard Space Marine chapter. They have a very strict adherence to the Codex Astartes, utilizing the 10 company structure, with a few modifications made to allow Pre-Heresy weaponry and artifacts to be used instead, such as replacing a group of Devastators with a battery of Rapier Weapon Platforms. These companies are considered rather bland in their tactics, and outside of some tendencies to hold grudges and utilize Terror tactics, they are considered valiant astartes, well known and respected.

The same could not be said of their First Company. Created as a way to operate outside of the regular command structure of the Adeptus Astartes, they are brutal hunters, striking in midnight with horrid strength and overwhelming power. Using a absurd amount of Terminators, Assault marines, and a good deal of Great Crusade super weapons, they shroud worlds in Midnight, and leave the bloody and mutilated bodies of their enemies for all to see. They are not above cheating, or using "Dishonorable" tactics in order to secure their victory.

In order to hide their allegiance to their normal brothers, they utilize the colors of the Night Lord's chapter, in order to throw would be pursuers off of their trail.

Kind of weird that they wear Night Lord's colors if it's intentional. I would rephrase it as saying they wear different heraldry to make enemies think they're facing multiple chapters at once, but calling out specifically as Night Lords seems a bit like heresy to me.

Outside of that, they sound awesome. Love the idea of terrifying terminator tactics.

>First Company playing the role of the herectics coming to slaughter the population of a world (incidently this world seemed to start to go away from the Emperor's Light)

>Rest of the chapter coming to "save" the world from theses murderous heretics.

Sounds like a plan, I love your lore idea user. Even if it may be a waste to use Space Marines for keeping order.

Currently working on the Ophidian Blades, a chaos warband who were originally a loyal chapter by the same name but fell to Tzeentch.

As a loyalist chapter, the ophidian blades had a large number of librarians and a great respect for them. I'm not sure how they fell to chaos yet, but Ive been tossing around the idea of them stalking a Khornate Cult through a sector and always being one step behind. Eventually their librarians fell under the thrall of Tzeentch and the rest is history.

Pre-corruption they were a polished silver with gold edging and blue details. Their armour was very elaborate and 'fancy', and the artistically-inclined chapter often had an air of smugness and arrogance about them.

Since falling to Tzeentch their armour has changed to a deep, gem-like shining blue with gold details. I'm considering giving them silver pauldrons or helmets as a throwback to their past.

The blades are known for using lots of Tzeentch daemons and working on several occasions with the Thousand Sons traitor legion.

The blades flaming staff logo is a corruption of their original flaming sword.