>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:
What will it be next? Duardin? Aelves?

Wwwwwait, does even horrors splitting count as summoning?

Reposting because I would still like feedback

Changing the name of the city to Parombre

Don't forget to oil your gryphs, user.

Gw is still making more Stormcast. Are they selling well? Most community sites seem more excited for other teams (duardin, elves, etc).

I am incapable of doing so, user

Yes, unless you use it to reinforce a unit instead of creating a new one.

So I always bring more or less the same list and wanted to try something a bit different for an 800pts (part of a slow-growth campaign):

Leaders: 2xwarchanters with meteoric hammerblades. 160pts

Battleline: 2x10 men squads of ardboyz, big-choppas. 360pts
1x5 men squad of brutes, gore-choppa, boss with smasha and klaw. Boss is the general. He'll get the +1 to hit trait.

Battallion: 60ironfist.

760/800pts

Thoughts?

Well holy cow, that simplifies things infinitely for me.

I'll just get the one box of new horrors for battleline then, and say "Hey I only field pinks, this is for visual variety n'shit."

Lore is good. You'd probably want a last name for the guy, since his warrior chamber would be named after him, but overall it's very enjoyable.
As for the warscroll, it seems a little much. Or a lot, if I may be totally honest. I'd recomment taking a regular stormcast hero, giving him a relic and a command ability and refluffing it from there.
For example, base him on the regular Lord-Celestant and give him Relic Blade and Inspiring.
Bam, the Sigmarite Runeblade now does damage 2 to represent the Spark of Azyr in melee while the Sigmarite Warcloak represents the ranged portion. Inspiring-boosted Defiant Avengers gives him a huge bubble of rallying his allies, while those close by would be further boosted by Furious retribution, making him a beacon of light that's more powerful the closer you are. Inescapable Vengance easily represents Fiery Passion, too.

Glad you like the Lore. Two questions.
1 do you think it's shit that I want to run him with Bretonnians, so his command ability would be useless, so I'd change the wording from Stormcast Eternals to Human Keyword/Free people
2 remind me what inspiring does exactly, I'm at work waiting to clock in

Ag of Sigmar... Did he smash his feet's fingers into a cupboard or what?

Hello friends. I have an aborted start of an old fantasy army and I was wondering if it could actually be used in aos. About a dozen of pic related, some daemonettes, some seekers and some marauders, with a metal khorne lord on a horse.

Is any of that still good? I know literally nothing about the new game.

>feet's fingers
Go to bed user, you're drunk.

Inspiring boosts defiant Avengers (Battleshock rerolls for all allies within 12") to 24" range. Alternatively you could take Reckless and allow for rerolls of charge and run rolls for all allies within 10".

Sure, all of it is still viable. You'll probably want to go mono-god at some point, but as is it's reasonable.
Though units are commonly purchased in multiples of five or ten, so I hope you've got enough dudes.

Or not native english.

What army does it all actually come under now? everything's gone and got renamed.

The big Grand Alliance: Chaos book has everything you need.

Or if you want to use the PDF's, Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos.

Slaves to Darkness for the Warrior of Chaos stuff. Daemons are still daemons.

Thanks friends.

Hopefully we get a new Fatmaster somewhere down the line.

Or maybe we're talking to a mutant.

>Aelves?

we don't have those vouchers here. Or are they in the boxs with the models ?

>fatmaster
Well, Nurgle is bound to get some new shit eventually...

Does Queen Nefer and the Cosmic Turtle cost reserve points to use the abilities on this picture? I added the snip from page 108 of the GHB for clarification.

Yes to both.

Rule of thumb: if it says "set-up" in any phase outside of the start of the game (where technically, you are paying points to set up models, in a way), it costs points.

>Battleline: 2x10 men squads of ardboyz, big-choppas. 360pts
>1x5 men squad of brutes, gore-choppa, boss with smasha and klaw. Boss is the general. He'll get the +1 to hit trait.
>Battallion: 60ironfist.
bump.

What do you want to hear? Sounds like the start of every Ironjaws list ever.

You could also just do what the meme meta list is at the moment and run 10 Brutes with Gore Hackas and spam +1 to hit on your deathblob.

There was a huge wave of Nurgle products around the End Times. Stop acting like you're some poor fucking Tomb Kings forgotten by GW.

I thought so too. A person I know was getting some push back about it yesterday so I wanted to check myself.

Yes

Everything costs points except adding models to currently existing units

If at any time you are using a unit that wasn't on your army list or one that was but died you must spend reserve points.

Anyone have a link to the Tzeentch Arcanites epub?

Any thoughts on gors with shields vs two weapons?

Clanrats: Hand weps or spears?

Plague Monks: Double blade or blade and staff?

I'd say shields. Rerolling failed to hits of 1 are good, but you can get a solid +1 to hit with Anarchy and Mayhem. A 4+ save on the other hand, has more consistent value.

Double blades all day, reroll to hit is everything to Monks

Woe staff a shit.

Woe staff units should give friendly priests a 1+ to prayer rolls or something. No reason to take the fuckers

Way to miss the joke, user.

Spears, always spears. Hordes want that sweet 2" range if at all possible. I guess you could make a small argument for small MSUs of clanrats with hand weapons, but it's probably not the right army for that.
Woestaffs is preferrable as well. Yes, dual blades deal more damage, but a horde with 1" weapons will not get to make too many attacks unless you get really lucky on the charge roll or are fighting a prolonged battle. 2" once again allows even the rats in the back to chip in.

>who's arhiman?

Too much scifi. also no one will buy 3 arhiman, this is retarded

God thats a sexy model.

The answer to your question is "A 40k model in 40k power armour"

It has enought robes that removing the bakcpack is all it need.

Why are stormcast eternals only men?

What about the power cables?

It's got sci-fi shit under the backpack and it's not easily removed unless you're a conversion god.

>you need to be a conversion god to cut, file and greenstuff shit on a cape
you could also cover the backpack-base bits with scrolls and books and paint the cables as rope

But anons the mortal realms are full of endless possibility :^)

Just fucking say he commissioned the backpack and chest armour from clan Skryre and they infused it with Daemon-energy, Ikit Klaw already made Power armour back in WHFB

You're ten times better at conversions than me or any average player, and that hump still looks awful.

So lads, I loved Warhammer Fantasy (mainly due to the RPG) and I used to be a little salty about AoS, but upon realising that most of my favourite factions are intact in some form and hanging out with AoS players at my FLGS (who are great), I'm warming up to it and might want to start playing.

However, I was deeply immersed in the setting of 40k before I picked up the wargame and picked my army based on that.

Which books would you fine lads recommend to a prospective player as introductory reads to AoS lore? Bonus points if it's anything that deals with the lives of normal humans in the Mortal Realms, because I have Empire models so could probably run a freeguild army from what I already have.

I've literally just done this "conversion". if you can even call it that. just leave the pistol off, hack off the connector for the backpack and greenstuff it flat, and fatemaster done.

>mfw newbabbies don't know that Tzeentchian warriors in power armor with futuristic weapons have been around since the Realms of Chaos and are perfectly appropriate for the kind of high-fantasy transdimensional bullshit Age of Sigmar is.

I've been toying around on a cult of the transient form Tzeentch list. The blue horrors are meant to split from the pink horrors, so i'll have them sit on an objective and be exceptionally annoying.

New City of Secrets is cool, though I suspect it was just another "TODAY IN AoS!" type of book. Regardless, it gives a bit of insight as to how the different races coexist. Men and Aelves delivering Dwarf beer to a human owned bar, etc.

Doesn't change the fact that powerarmor looks utterly out of place, legacy justification or not.

But that looks really nice. I might steal that.
Now if only the Fatemaster wasn't such garbage...

Men are more aesthetic.

As opposed to all those other, gender-diverse forces that we've got

Did you just assume their gender?

I'd recommend the Realmgate Wars series of campaign books. They should be in the OP.
Otherwise, Lord of Undead is fantastic, City of Secrets provides a nice glimpse into the bustle of a mortal city and Pestilens is all around good.

Femcast exist, but GW and Black Library seem scared about the idea of actually establishing any of them as characters.

It's probably safe to assume their armor looks the same as the men, though.

[Citation Needed]
Also what them being present in another shitty setting is worth again ?
Hopefully AoS will never have BS like that

rate my girls in leaves

Leaders
Treelord Ancient (300)
Branchwych (100)

Battleline
20 x Dryads (240)
5 x Tree-Revenants (100)
- Sylvaneth Battleline

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Scythes

Total: 920/1000

I like 1k games. they are fast and fun

>Doesn't change the fact that powerarmor looks utterly out of place, legacy justification or not.

Your conversion look shit anyway

>It's probably safe to assume their armor looks the same as the men, though.

Nope.
What's more likely is that they'll have a unit that GW will release sometime in the future.

again, nothing here is powered, it's metal and muscle, not servos and exo armors

Nobody in my community bought them. Or at least brings any, I'm sure a few had to get the starter set.

I see no servos in this fatemaster's plate armor, what are you talking about?

It's safe to assume they are a popular choice about people completely new to warhammer, whether that's due to design or the effect of being posterboys (starter box, lore spotlight, more releases) is debatable

It seems like to me that they sell well, but it's largely because they're easy to get a hold of, relatively quick to build/paint, and not a difficult army to get the hang of. But there isn't much enthusiasm for them compared to the other armies.

It's why I got into them; I wanted an army that was fast to get into so that I could stick my toe into AoS more quickly, while I work on armies I'm more enthused to play. I think Stormcast are neat, but my main passions are Wanderers and Death.

They were hacked off and greenstuffed over, and the result looks like shit, as you can see.

>They were hacked off and greenstuffed over
that's the backpack, not the servos that move the power armor.

point to me where the servos are visible so that I too can distinguish between power armor and heavy plates armor.

>the result looks like shit
only because the converter didn't even try to do a good job.

Thanks man

Anyone here play AoS at a skirmish-scale? My gf and I like playing skirmish games and were thinking about trying out the AoS Regiments of Renown -rules and maybe tweaking them at some point to allow for sorceries and stuff.

Anyone ever tried these kind of games? Anyone got any list-building tips for skirmish-scale aos?

fuck. i really wanna get some kairic acolytes but i play 40k and don't play chaos and have no idea what to use them as.

Second chariot done, two more to go.

Fast question, as it came up in a recent game.

Can you shoot or assault your own units? I was playing a guy, and he decided to shoot his own clanrats. I didn't think you were allowed to do it, but he insisted that he was and pulled out a copy of this month's White Dwarf as proof, where in they do exactly that in some batrep where a guy tries to teach his girlfriend how to play. I looked in the rules as well, and didn't see anything addressing the ability to target your own units with shooting, so the only thing we had to go off of was this ruling in the White Dwarf.

I ended up letting him do it, because skaven totally would shoot their own troops for petty reasons, but I just wanted to be clear.

Can you shoot, or to a lesser extent assault, your own units?

Aos is pretty much only skirmish man.

what army do you play?

mostly an imperial mix, but i'm up for any ideas. might even be a decent core for a tiny force.

Why not just play AoS then?

No I mean a skirmish game, like 5-15 minis per side. Small teams duking it out amidst dense ruins and all that. Not fuckhueg monsters and 100 mini strong hordes of guys.

Its much more interesting for me to take my time with like a dozen guys at most and make each one unique and stuff. Also the cluttered terrain of like a ruined city make some interesting scenarios and stuff more viable.

Attacking mentions enemy units and saving/wounding mentions the opposing player, but it doesn't rule it out if you're an MtG type rules lawyer.

Use The Most Important Rule.

You could just read the rules. I mean, it's just four pages and explains that quite nicely.

half naked daemonettes get thousands of (YOU)s how many (YOU)s for our boy in green?

Swords or Spears for Skeleton Warriors?

Why not play a fun scenario of some chaos cultists of Tzeentch are trying to corrupt a hive city. Then play a heralds of ruin game of an inquisitor and his band of merry men go in to clear it out.

basis for sone haemunculus wracks, a peculiar generation of genestealers hybrids, fit stormtroopers from the moons of a twin world of catachan, redeemer cultists count as guard conscripts, conversion material for a skitarii force, technobarbarian digganobs posing as gobbos for a gullible blood axe mercenary warlord, archoflagellants.

spear for the bone zone

it depends on the size squad
if 10 dudes, give them sword
if more, you want spear for more attacks

Guise, highlights, amidoinitrite?

Posted Ghurk in here last thread. Working on Otto and Ethrac today.

What you workin on this fine Sunday Veeky Forums?

You need to capitalize on the coven if you're going to run it. Ditch one of the spellcasters, screw horrows.

If you want a slim coven, take tzaangor or witchfire.

Did you read that post, because he clearly said they read the rules, and couldn't find anything that said otherwise.

Give this a go. It's still a little rough around the edges, but overall it's pretty alright.