Fighters

How do we fix them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgLv9QhiarY
d20srd.org/srd/spells/windWall.htm
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279503-D-amp-D-in-M-amp-M-a-new-approach-to-rebalancing-3-5-PF
d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/weather
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just not playing PF/3.5 is really all you need

weeaboo fightan magic

FpBp.

This. Stop playing shitty RPG systems from 2001.

Use Tome of Battle or Path of War.

Or, play 4e.

Or, play something other than D&D.

Well the picture covers it. You are the meat, you are the one who survives. Proper DMs target wizards and clerics, and that shit HP goes poof under proper damage levels. You don't though. That's your power.
You can survive fireballs, and then make the enemy wizard go poof with its shit HP.

Fight for changes to the class.

As long as you aren't playing an edition of D&D with a 3 in it, they don't need fixing.

If you are playing an edition of D&D with a 3 in it God help you, don't play a Fighter.

Play 4e

you don't, becasue whenever a game gives the fighter equivilant abilities more impressive than "I hit it with my sword" everyone chimps out and starts screaming weeaboo.

mostly it seems more like fighter players don't want to be given more power or utility, they want everyone else's power and utility to be taken away.

Houserule the following for d20.

1: Enemies with 2 less hitdie than your BAB will be instantly killed if your damage exceeds their hitdie.
2: Excess damage is applied to the nearest foe, bypassing AC but not miss chance or DR.
3: A full attack is a single attack which multiplies all damage for every 5 points you beat the AC by, up to the maximum number of attacks you can make with that attack form.
4: You can prepare attack actions during a full attack to fire off when certain criteria are met.

Alternatively; stop playing 3.butthurt edition.

In our setting money is made from nullstones that is as abundant as silver/bronze/gold is in our earth.
So even a little coin nullify magic in a 100 kilometer range.
So there it is.

A friend of mine actually did a mechanical thought experiment- If you gave pure, non-multiclass fighters plus infinite to attack and damage, from level 1, how long do they stay relevant?

The answer was not much longer than normal. Around level 10 the actual number of opportunities there are for attack and damage to actually matter become minimal, if not nonexistent, and it only gets worse from there.

Give me infinite attack and damage and I'll dual-wield revolvers and load up on splash weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=WgLv9QhiarY

Unlikely that nullstones would be used as currency in a truly artistically considered economy.

Another homebrew that shits on mages without taking into account how it neuters martials as well.

I mean, good luck fighting anything over CR5 without magic (items) and shit.

Supernatural damage reduction would also get suppressed.

A 'solution' that removes magic from the equation entirely doesn't stop mundane classes being shit in things which suffer from 3.PF style caster supremacy. It just makes everyone shitty and boring.

Lowkey, everyone loves weeaboo fightan magic.
It's only the self-conscious weeaboos who pretend to hate it.

Pretty sure DR is an Extraordinary ability.

Even if it was, something like a dragon is still going to fucking wreck you before you have a chance to kill it, especially since more than half the base classes can only afford to plink it with a crossbow now that magic is basically done.

That's pretty terrible. Making magic useless to the point where it's a wonder anyone even knows it exists isn't really a solution to anyone's problem in those shitty systems
Pretty sure there's no such distinction as "supernatural damage reduction" aside from spells that just give you DR

Well you better git fucking gud mate

You don't "git gud" against a creature that's twice your size (if it's young) and can just work its way down the line thanks to its five attacks, which do an assload of damage and will hit you since you won't have anything to bolster your shitty AC.

You can't even run from the damn thing since it has a breath weapon and a fly speed that's only beaten by a sufficiently leveled monk.

So no, that dragon is going to fucking wreck your shit, and there's nothing you can do about since weapon damage in D&D is dogshit.

Either weaboo fightan magic (which is entirely fine 90% of the time, only the uncreative can't see slicing so fast that you create a blade of air as awesome) or you make them stand up to myth like Hercules.

A level 10 fighter is stronger than Hercules.
Why downgrade?

Pic related is Jan Zizka, one of history's biggest tactical badasses. In his major battles, he was often outnumbered 5-1 by heavily armored cavalry. Despite this, he sent them packing each time and never lost a battle.

How did he best the heavy cavalry? Because he wielded tactics, used the terrain, outfitted people based on their talents and skills, used innovative and largely unknown methods of winning, utilized gunpowder weapons, and is the great-grandfather of the modern tank with his armored wagons.

In short; Learn to use some proper tactics other than "Charge at it and hope for critical hits".

Sunder spell and natural magical ability.

Nigga, go read some actual Herakles.

Also, why are wizard turbonerds so often against beefy martials? Herakles and Conan alike both regularly wreck sorcerers and witches.

>A level 10 fighter is stronger than Hercules.
I don't know what fucking game you play but I want to play it. Cause in D&D, the implied game for this and all discussions where a game isn't expressly said, a fighter never reaches Hercules' level. Fucker was so strong the god of the Underworld didn't want to fuck with him. He was able to strangle a lion to death who was so large its teeth could be fashioned into blades. He moved a fucking river with his bare hands. Your DM fucking loves you if he lets you do this.

D&D is not a game that sufficiently rewards strategy unless you have a GM who is willing to bend the rules in your favor or for rule of cool. If it was, "charge at it and hope for critical hits" wouldn't be an optimum strategy for martials in the first place because things like grappling, tripping, and disarming would actually be viable tactics.

In either case, you're comparing a man going up against humanoids in sufficient arm to fighting against a creature that's not only the size of a large bus (when it's young) and can breathe anything from fire to acid to caustic gas, but is also stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than most classes by default, in their youngest form.

A more apt description would be Jan Zizka going up against five helicopters armed with gatling guns capable of firing 22,000 rounds in six seconds, and even that's not really selling just how indomitable a dragon is without the aid of magic.

You're really wanking it to those dragons mate.

The only reason why Herakles and Conan were able to kill magic users is because magic users in those settings were strong, but needed prep time to really perform those world-ending spells.

If this were D&D, Conan would basically be a gimped Fighter/Rogue multi-class and the wizards he fights would just spam twinned, maximized fireball or use time-stop while dropping in a forcecage while opening up a gate to the elemental realm of fire.

But there are no fighters in 4e. Only casters.

> bow that autohits with instant damage
> someone made irrelevant by 5th level wizard spells

You're gonna have to elaborate here dude.

This. You need to make those who can manipulate the very fabric of reality and those who cannot equals somehow. Either you heavily tone down magic, or you heavily stretch the limits of the human body. To fight an archwizard you need a knight who can split mountains and tank a fucking meteor to the face like a champ.

Are you seriously using the flat battlefield fallacy in 2017?

>Implying Conan isn't a Warblade
>Implying the flavortext of Iron Heart Surge shouldn't be "BY CROM"

Stay on topic mate, the point I was making is that a setting that has null-stones that are powerful enough to nullify magic within 100km is going to fuck over the martials twice as hard as it would a mage since martials wouldn't be capable of fighting anything past CR5 without generous helpings of GM fiat.

Because of the way that WBL works in D&D, the game assumes that everyone in the party will have a certain amount of gear by the time they reach a certain level, which also means that the game assumes that everyone will be buffed up with a certain amount of gear that would give a bonus to their base stats. If magic gets nullified, that means that everyone is going to be gimped and unable to handle bullshit that would normally be within their level to defeat, which means that monsters would normally be difficult now become outright impossible since there'd be no way to buff your stats to a sufficient level.

Pathfinder
All fighters have the myrmidon fighter archetype from path of war.

Use the Marshall, or ToB.

Or just fucking cut the dead weight from the system and use one of the dozen good martials.

All of the things that would fix fighter get rejected for not being muggle enough for fighter fags. Its unsalvageable.

Your mistake is assuming that the enemy cannot utilize the environment as well, and let me tell ya, if it's a contest between ordinary humanoids and a creature that can use a tree as a toothpick w/o the aid of magic, the point is always going to go towards the latter, especially when they can be just as smart as a wizard.

>Implying that'd make a difference against a mage.

>How do we fix the class whose problem is the only thing it can do is kill stuff.
>Help it kill stuff even better.

BRILLIANT!

Except that shit is fucking gay. Anime is quite literally the worst garbage to ever exist. I tried watching RWBY because I was told it was a good story with cute girls shooting AUGs. It wasn't and I don't know why the fuck I thought that, or even who told me that, but just from the first episode it was the most over-the-top sensless bullshit I couldn't even enjoy it. It was just fucking retarded. Every other anime I've seen has been the same. It's stupid and nonsensical. See, magic at least provides an explanation for itself. It's magic. But there is no fucking explanation for a 10 year old girl swinging a helicopter-sized scythe to kill guys who look like they're straight out of A Clockwork Orange. Weeaboo Fightan Magic is bad, not because of the power level, but because it quite literally turned fighters into spellcasters, which led into 4e, which did not have any martials, only casters. 4e solved the martial-caster imbalance by turning martials into casters. Just like Star Wars Edge of the Empire "solved" the jedi balance issue by not including jedi as a PC option. It's a cop-out, by untalented designers who really should take an AIDS pill and walk off the edge of a skyscraper. Fuck these people, how hard is it to balance martials and casters in an interesting way? Make magic fucking matter, how about? Instead of giving the wizard some 8 page matrix of spells so I have to decipher 6/4/4/3/3/2/2 spells per day (shit that 5e just continued becuase the 5e dev team was a bunch of lazy cunts more concerned with making their game "progressive" than actually creating decent rules), how about giving a wizard fewer spells, keeping the ones they have and giving cantrip base attack spells so they can still feel like a wizard. That's how 4e structured casters, and you know what? It worked. It was a shitty system for the rest of the classes but it worked for wizards. Yet when it was time to develop 5e, did they keep it? No, because they are morons.

Wizurds and clerics are both significantly more durable than fighters, because they have access to things like DR, Miss chance, and immunities to Bad Things via Freedom of Movement, Death Ward, Delay Poison, Fly, Invisibility, Fickle Winds, etc.

Clerics have 2 good saves and 9 levels of spells in exchange for 1 less HP/level.

I don't like anime either, but goddamn, calm down user. Don't forget you're on a korean face painting board.

for 3.5 you just add a feat more per level
this should allow him to stay fairly relevant even as other martial classes get access to magic

Give them access to 4th level casting, which would allow them to make their own magic gear, provide useful low level puffs like Resist Energy to improve party resources, and significantly improve their out of combat utility.

In a system where in order to interact meaningfully with the world you need magic, offering multiple classes with no access to spellcasting and pretending it's on par with the classes that can class is incredibly dishonest and the epitome of ivory tower game design.

>But there are no fighters in 4e. Only casters.

Why do people keep repeating this moronic lie?

Also the spells don't even need to be fifth level d20srd.org/srd/spells/windWall.htm

Adding feats isn't going to give the Fighter more options because the feats that you would actually want to have, that do add options, are locked behind multiple prerequisites that make it so you'll never get them at a level where they'll be useful.

That and feats in 3.PF suck balls.

Congratulations on not solving anything.

Do not tell me to calm down. I am so fucking sick of this shit. Everyone on this board has read a shitton of anime or watched all these gay-ass youtube videos growing up and now everything has to be "epickk" like in Skyrim and WoW and Dark Souls and all the other stupid crap you kids play, you fuckers are the reason fantasy is a fucking joke now. This fucking worship of "funny D&D story" has completely destroyed fantasy RPGs. They are nothing more than a lottery to see who can roll the most ridiculous nat20 and have the best "I convinced the town guard captain to suck my cock while committing suicide" story to post for upvotes on Reddit and FunnyJunk. 3.5 and the furry bullshit that followed along with it created even more cancer, and this entire new set of "RPGs are all about fun and it's okay to play what you want as long as you're all having fun and as long as you're having fun it doesn't matter that you have lost any and all sense of immersion or giving a fuck about the story because as long as the majority of people are having fun it's okay and everyone else needs to get the fuck out, even if those people are the only ones still trying to play a roleplaying game." It's this whole new hipster attitude spawned by Cards Against Humanity where now D&D is just another way to chill with the bros. No, fuck you, these games mean something to some people and they shouldn't be scared to stand up for it, you wankers have destroyed these games with your vidya and youtube and anime references. RPGs used to be a sober and enjoyable activity and even though they had plenty of humor they didn't have to be constantly because they were fulfilling in a deeper way than other board games and social activities. They were a way to get together and create, even if it wasn't particularly original or creative, even if it was just killing dragons in a dungeon for a while. It meant something, and you fucking cunts have killed it over and over and shit into its grave.

You can't really be so dumb as to think that wind wall makes the ability to instantly kill anything worthless.

My fucking god, you are so angry you're practically incoherent.

calm down

>30% miss chance

So still a 70% chance to hit. And a 70% chance to insta-kill.

>All of the things that would fix fighter get rejected for not being muggle enough for fighter fags.

Maybe because giving fighters magic would mean they aren't fighters anymore?

The key part of it is >Arrows and bolts are deflected upward and miss

That is part of a widely available, pretty low level spell. It's far from the only example, but it's why even with infinite attack and damage fighters will still completely lose relevance past a certain points. Because magic has no end of ability to make attack and damage completely non-relevant and utterly ineffectual.

>Why do people keep repeating this moronic lie?

Because it's true. Fluff-wise, casters and martials in 4e are different. Mechanics-wise, they are no different. They do the same type of thing, at the same number of times per day.

Fighters in 4e are casters.

Play M&M 3e rather then 3.PF.

>giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279503-D-amp-D-in-M-amp-M-a-new-approach-to-rebalancing-3-5-PF

But RPGs are about having fun with your friends. It's just a game, you don't need to take it so seriously.

>Nonsense rant without white space and random anime hatred.

It's not possible to make "guy stuck within what random authors assume a knight would be capable of" coop-balance alongside archmages, demigods, and summoners.

Either you need low magic, or everyone has magic, or magic + anime nonsense, or magic + superheroes, or you accept that you're deliberately making your mundanes weaker than mages.

No, they're not.

Literally the only thing the same is the formatting. How their powers work, what they do, the nuances of the class mechanics... They all remain distinctly different and create a different experience in play. And that's what matters- How it plays out.

Honestly, I think 4e did better class distinction than 3.PF. Even within a category like martials or casters, every classes unique mechanics and the way they fulfil their role really shine through in how they interact with combat. of course, you'll only know this if you actually bother to play the game without stupid preconceptions, hence why the idiotic lies about 4e continue to be spread.

>So still a 70% chance to hit. And a 70% chance to insta-kill.
You'd still have to hit their AC and that's also not taking into affect shit like cover either.

Infinite bonus to hit in this thought experiment, buddy.

Fire Emblem.
There, I said it.

The miss chance only applies against things which aren't arrows and bolts- Arrows and bolts miss immediately. And given the original poster was making a point about an insta-kill bow remaining relevant past level 10, it was a specific counteproint showing it could be rendered irrelevant much earlier than that.

Don't forget the fact that Displacement, Blink and Mirror Image all stack to give a percent chance to hit in the single digits.

I like fire emblem, but it's also really simple. Fighters and mages really aren't all that mechanically different when you think about it.

So the wizard just gets 4 free rounds to buff before the fighter instantly kills him?

Stop listening to Veeky Forums and their insanely OP interpretation of magic. Magic does what it says in the rules, not some liberally applied logical conclusion. It's magic. It does not follow logic.

And literally every interpretation of magic users Veeky Forums uses assumes a lot. For instance, that everyone is high level and prepared, and that the DM basically allows every liberal interpretation without question. One "argument" I've seen for Wizards having unlimited wealth is that they can travel across planes and thus go to the Earth plane, and gain access to its mineral wealth. No mention of the mining operation needed, or the dangers involved. Just the assumption that it would be an insta-win.

All you have to do is not be an insufferable autist.

I give fighters a free martial adapt feat at level 7.
Also spell casters need to seek and learn new magic if they want it in their toolbox.

That's something I guess. Working out so far.

You just need to find your waifu.
This one's really good with big balls.

>making fighters not be tier 5 means they're no longer fighters.
Thats why fighters are unsalvageable.

Non-magic classes have no business in d&d outside npc classes. They cannot be made equal to mages without giving them a variety of utility powers and combat abilities that are not about attacks or damage.

I mean, I guess you could make them into techno-artificers like Iron-Man, but I suspect you wouldn't be happy with that either.

Fighters can't be fixed. What's wrong with them is what Fighterfags like about them. They just wish they were playing a different game.

each of those buffs can last hours. I'm more surprised you haven't seen wizurds buffing up at the start of an adventuring day before. It's not like the fighter's gonna surprise the wizurd when one of the wizurd's class features can literally be "cannot be surprised".

Infinite bonus to hit isn't going to allow you to shoot an arrow through a stone wall w/o magic kiddo.
If he's far enough to where he cannot hit the wizard with a melee attack then the wizard will have enough time to stack those spells since the Fighter's arrows and bolts immediately miss.

Yeah except low magic is the only good option of those, literally none of the novels I have read that aren't based off of D&D have got wizards anywhere on par with D&D shit. They aren't fucking constantly teleporting or creating Locate City Bombs or shit, magic has lost all meaning in D&D due to oversaturation to the point where you can't even explain it to normal people because you need to explain the fact that you are playing a guy who is casting twenty spells per second. None of this exists in actual fantasy literature. None of it. Find me one with the kind of out of cnotrol bullshit like D&D. Actually just find me a fantasy novel where magic is treated as casually as D&D. Magic doesn't even fucking matter in D&D. It is complete background noise. Oh look a magic missile. it doesn't mean shit. Oh look a finger of death or cloudkill. Oh look it killed everyone in the town square, but it STILL DOESN'T MEAN SHIT.

Magic is fuckign mundane in D&D and all it leaves behind is the balance issue. The problem is that you fuckers are so burned out on anime that absolutely nothing has any meaning to you. Roleplaying hunting for food in the woods? FUCK THAT I CAN CAST CREATE FOOD. Why the FUCK wouldn't you? But remember, anything that isn't directly related to the main plot and isn't a fucking battle, is just a waste of time. Looking for food? Describing the scenery while travelling? Everything that gave fantasy any meaning? No, fuck that shit, it's not entertaining my ADHD-addled brain, enough to light up all my pleasure receptors at once, like a fucking video game, so I want no part of it. Because every RPG session should have at least three episodes of uncontrollable raucous laughter or else it's not fun enough for me, I could be out drinking microbrews with my bros and discussing the latest Foo Fighters album. Well go do that, then, fuckwit, and I hope you choke on Dave Grohl's bearded cock. High fantasy ruined RPGs.

The 'Insanely OP interpretation' is taking the rules as written.

Sure, most casters won't go for the hyper-optimal theoretical options... But even going for the most basic, simple options in 3.PF, they're still leagues ahead of martial both in and out of combat.

The GM being able to houserule it or accommodate for it doesn't stop the problem existing.

I'm not even going to point how this is probably bait or whatever it could be, since it's such a shallow mashup of all the funny grognard maymays constantly spewed on this board that even if the author was serious it wouldn't make it less irrelevant.

>Magic does what it says in the rules, not some liberally applied logical conclusion.

I agree but sometimes the rules are even more fucktarded than logic. Like logic would say that even in severe winds you should have a chance to hit with a bow. But these dumbfucks are just like "lulz nope, it auto-misses."

THAT is what pisses me off about 3.5 more than anything else.

RWBY isn't an anime, idiot, it is western.

Fighters are the best class throughout TSR D&D.

Kinda just sounds like you have really linear tastes, fampai.

Wind Wall is a 3rd level spell that makes a wizard immune to bows and crossbows and even then, any other form of ranged attack gets a 30% miss chance, on top of any other shit like blink, mirror image, or displacement that would make their miss chance somewhere in the single digits.

This is taken as RAW, as in, what the spell does by default. In a fight where a bowman has infinite attack and damage, they get shut down by a single spell that's available as early as level 5 and there are other spells that are around that level of bullshit.

Except what magic does in the rules IS insanely OP a lot of the time, or at least strides ahead of non-magic utility and damage.
Not to mention a lot of monsters just don't take nonmagical damage.

Climb DCs for air, break DCs or hardness for force (e.g. forces), (EX) Supernatural abilities, better saves, more skill points, better grapple rules, "immunity vs (thing)" spells (Freedom of Movement, et al) should provide a bonus against (thing), not flat immunity.

By the time the Wizard is capable of flying for more than a couple rounds a day, the fighter should be able to charge into the air at a flying opponent about as easily as he could charge up a slope of loose rock at low level.

By the time the Wizard can conjure a wall of iron, the Fighter should be able to break the wall of iron in a round or two. By the time the Wizard is force caging, cloud killing, and dimensional dooring, the fighter should have good odds of breaking the force cage, holding his breath for the duration of cloud kill, and be able to kick down the dimensional door to drag the Wizard back.

The longest duration for one of those spells listed is 1 minute/level, not something you're likely to have prepared all the time.
If there was a stone wall in the way then the wizard wouldn't be able to target the fighter easier, you goof. Also are we supposed to just assume that the fighter starts a mile away in an open field where the wizard can clearly see him coming?

Sorry dude. I tried. Don't have the patience to read a page-long paragraph thats mostly random cursewords. Try some white space some time.

You might be surprised to learn that even in mundane weather, it can be impossible to make ranged attacks.

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/environment/weather

If you wanted to get really dumb, you could argue that Wind Wall lets you make Medium creatures take a strength check just to move. Then the DM throws the book at you.

the idea with adding more feats was exactly enable the fighter to get those feats with more prerequisites
it could also allow him to branch out more depending on what he needs or wants

also drop the 3.5 hate if you intend to have a almost civil discussion
>implying thats possible

Yup, all immunity from X spells should be big bonus against X spells instead.

>Climb DCs for air

Man, this reminds me of Legend. I wish that project didn't die the way it did, it was so fucking cool.

It was a D&Desque system which really embraced how over the top and silly D&D really was, so it had things like a DC of 35 for Athletics, Acrobatics and Climb to literally fly, with lower DCs granting various levels of temporary flight.

It also had the most hilarious and amazing feats, really cool character generation and... Fuck. It sucks so bad that it'll never be complete.

How about toning down spells to still be bad-ass, but not completely fucking broken like Wind Wall and Web.

Hell, web isn't even a fun spell. It's a fucking piece of shit. Let me tell you something, once the dick-asses in my group discovered Web, they never wanted to cast anything else. And if it was a cool spell I wouldn't mind, but it's a fucking asshole spell. First off we had to draw where the web was on the grid which took up 15 to 20 seconds, sometimes 30 seconds if I didn't already have the marker near me and had to get it back out again. Oh and we needed to use the battle grid, ebcause otherwise these cunts would have spent hours quibbling with me over how many of the enemy they caught in the web. Then they had to roll whatever bullshit save that didn't matter anyway because they were pretty much automatically stuck. These twats had to roll a DC 20 Strength check just to move 5 feet. Not slowed, no, these cunts are just automatically locked down and they couldn't even bow them to death, at least not the ones at the center, so it was just a constant slog of like twenty rounds until the fucking web expired, rolling like twenty strength checks a turn because these evil fucks cast them on like ten orcs that were literally killable by the fighter without even trying, or the wizard even. Fucking 1st level orcs in this one case. But no instead of fighting them, it was just Web Web Web. God i hate that fucking spell. Glitterdust, too. They always made their saves when I used it on them, the cheating fucks, but they used it on me once and it ruined the battle. I fucking hate these spells. D&D would be fine if they just removed about a dozen spells, but no, they have to keep these because if they remove them some dumb fucker who lives in his mom's basement and jacks it to anime will whinge on the Wizards forums because the only fulfillment he found in life was using that spell and laughing at the DM while he rolled a dozen saves.

You could give fighters every single feat they possibly qualified for and an equivalent level wizard would still completely outdo them.

I think I have a copy of that in PDF. Don't remember which version, though.

I'm saying that a wizard could cast a spell to create a wall of stone you fucking mongoloid.

Also, if the Fighter could get to the wizard within one round of movement then why the fuck are they bothering to shoot them with an arrow in the first place?

Not to mention, if the wizard just does something like casting fly, he essentially becomes immune to both melee and ranged attacks as well.

Give them more memes

Sure, there's a disparity. But Veeky Forums tends to massively overblow it, like in the example given. Veeky Forums also assumes a lot of things, like a Wizard having access to all his spells all the time, but in the game itself you only get a few of them at a time. They run out. But the same isn't true for a lot of the Martial capabilities. They will always be able to hit shit hard with a sword.

There's a strange form of bias going on coupled with video game mentality that softens player mistakes. And no matter which way you turn it, there will always be DM responsibility at the end of it. I've had this same problem in non-D20 games, where for instance one guy has access to endgame armour, and the best solution as to just quietly uptier the enemies with armour piercing weapons. Of course, I didn't do that, and the session was a total wash, with me only realizing the obvious later on.

Even if you gave a fighter infinite attack, infinite damage, every feat in the game, and infinite HP, they'd still end up getting fucked by a wizard of equal power simply because magic allows for outright immunity, can target people w/o them making a save, can bypass Spell Resistance, or just comes down to a roll that makes you Save or Lose/Save or Die.

That's the issue here, not them not having access to enough feats.

> linear tastes

What the fuck does that even mean?

It's complete shit, that's what it is.

How the fuck is it a Western?

> idiot

Kill yourself you worthless virgin fuck. I'm sorry if I don't spend my entire life memorizing your stupid anime. Listen, fucker, I played 3.5 for years, before switching to better systems (not D&D by the way (and not GURPS either)). I didn't get pissy and elitist about people not knowing the rules and lore, the same way you anime cunts get pissy and elitist over your stupid shows.

Listen up.

It's. A. Fucking. Cartoon.

Nobody cares about whether it's an anime or a western or some other shit. It's a cartoon with little girls that squeak even though they are seventeen and give you an excuse for your latent paedophilia. Just stop it, okay? No one cares. You remind me of the mouth-breathing autist I used to go to community college with when I was trying to finish gen-ed credits for cheap. He would never shut the fuck up about his autistic video games and would get annoyed at me whenever I mis-remembered something while I was trying to pretend I was interested in his stupid shit. Like, shut the fuck up retard, I don't even give a shit about you, I'm just talking to you because I have the feeling if you get socially rejected one more time you might actually commit suicide and someone might figure out I was one of the triggers and sue me or some shit. Like I have some legal obligation to hang out with this autist.

Browsing Veeky Forums, is exactly like that.