Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your favourite non-standard build?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/ears-of-the-city).
vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/storm-overdrive/images/1/1b/Nocticula.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150930203600
alharadnd.wdfiles.com/local--files/calistria/calistria.jpg
68.media.tumblr.com/02a3aa07935750815dd13d550e901263/tumblr_inline_mylk41NLhU1s2vv7d.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Define "non-standard."

Do you mean like, an einhander barbarian with fluffed rage as combat focus, or something?

Don't do them very often, so the one I keep talking about here. Vanguard Slayer 6/Student of War 2 to get Mind-Over-Metal, dump dex.

Spheres of Might Preview 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit?usp=sharing

So do Strikers from SoM need Strength, Dex, AND Con? Or am I misunderstanding? I'm really not good at this building stuff.

If a witch takes a prestige class that only advances spell casting, does she still get patron spells at the appropriate level?
Is the patron feature something that scales by class level or character level?

Was going for "things you wouldn't really expect from the class".
For example, did you know Swashbucklers can do punch builds if you grab a Thorn Bracer?

>Does a wizard (or other character that uses a spellbook), receive bonus spells to add to his spellbook when he gains a level in a prestige class that grants an increase to spellcasting?
>No. The increase to his spellcasting level does not grant any other benefits, except for spells per day, spells known (for spontaneous casters), and an increase to his overall caster level. He must spend time and gold to add new spells to his spellbook.

Seems not.

Equipment sphere is also kind of odd in that it includes weapon-specific abilities, even when those seem like they'd fit better under other spheres (like the spear finesse one).

I think it would work better to focus on armor and defensive gear and wondrous items and stuff instead of weapons, and shuffle the weapon talents mostly elsewhere unless they're specifically "upgrading gear tangentially improves combat" instead of combat style stuff.

It also has the problem that a lot of what it could otherwise do with upgrade/downtime/buff effects has already been taken by the armiger/blacksmith classes.

Depends on the wording. Give me a minute I'll check

However, it should be noted that, for classes with Domain Spells, by RAW they get those domains spells when they can cast at the appropriate level even when prestiging. Of course whether a Patron does same same is again pending on the wording of Patrons

Alright, so Patron Spells says the following
>At 2nd level, and every two levels thereafter, a witch's patron adds new spells to a witch's list of spells known. These spells are also automatically added to the list of spells stored by the familiar. The spells gained depend upon the patron chosen. Each patron is listed by its theme. Its actual name is up to the GM and the witch to decide.
By RAW, the answer is no, since it's based on class level, not on spell casting ability

I was originally thinking it worked like domains patrons have weird wording to them. Mostly asking because I was going to have my pact wizard go into stargazer but if that causes me to miss those patron spells then its a bigger trade off than I want.

Ava a cute

Shit
Although re-reading pact wizard, while I might miss out on having them added to my spell book does
>In addition, the pact wizard can expend any prepared spell that isn’t a spell prepared using the additional spell slot the wizard receives from his arcane school in order to spontaneously cast one of his patron’s spells of the same level or lower.

that still allow me to spontaneously cast them anyway?

I think the Sphere would benefit a lot if they consolidated all of the proficiency stuff into a small handful of talents.

Also if the reload stuff and craft firearms stuff go consolidated into one talent.

Either STR-Rogue with an Orc to utilize Strength-to-Intimidate and the like, or being a Skillmonkey as a Fighter (especially with all of the extra options that've been added to actually make such a thing viable).

White necromancer half-elf.
Who ironically hates elven tradition.
Well.. human raised what are you gonna do?

Posting link to my game listing:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood

Congrats on scaring most of us away with allowing bullshit like blood money and magdh obecience. Not only are all other int-based characters invalidated now, but now the optimization bar is way too high for assassins using anything other than magic. Especially since there is no PoW or SoM to shore up martials sucking. Gonna pass.

I don't give two shits how you feel.

Enjoy playing with 2hu's trapsassin.

Avowed and PoW would fit perfectly with assassins, though!

Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers.

#1. That's terror

>Implying I don't have full control over whether or not these people even get in.
They set the bar higher for themselves.

You imply that it's not just a case of "welp, they felt the need to use it, so I don't want them in my game". By saying you won't even make an attempt, you're proving to be just as much of a bitch as Magdh + Blood Money, and you have the same likelihood (IE 0%) of getting in.

Set up shitty rules, get shitty players.

To be honest, Madh is strong not only because it boosts all Knowledges AND stuff like Spellcraft but also because there are things like Student of Philosophy or Practical Activator that change useful skills to be Int-based. It allows Int-based classes to encroach on other niches.

I don't need to prove anything. I've got my games already. Not only that, but it's a bitch move to okay something as a trap so you can reject those people. Just say they can't use it.

And orator, which essentially gives you int Diplomacy/Intimidate/Bluff in one feat.

I was keeping only base skills that use Int in mind. If everyone is going to try and make characters that worship this one obscure eldest then I'm obviously not going to allow (or maybe not even any) in. It's on them to make the character and show suitable restraint. I'm not going to let them in if I feel they're only looking to cheese.

*in one feat and running off one skill

That. Also, allowing something and then retroactively banning it if the player gets "too cheesy" (where's the bar?) is also kinda dickish. Better to ban it and if you want people to smear themselves with blood to get thei Stoneskin on then just allow them to fluff it that way. No Blood Money needed.

To be fair, you do need to spend two feats on that and can't use linguistics for feinting, demoralizing, or gathering intel, but yeah it is kind of annoying that as far as using the social feats for social interactions Orator's only limitation is that you need to share a language with the guy you're speaking to and that's only NOT going to happen if the GM is trying to spite you.

And if the linguist can't talk to somebody fucking nobody will.

Okay, so you could tell people "No, I feel that's too strong and I'd prefer not to have to deal with that sort of thing."

Or you could say "Oh, everything is allowed but I don't like certain things so if you pick them I won't let you in, but you won't know what the things are until after you're rejected."

Not sure what to tell you m8, other than that you're shit.

My only non-standard build so far is my Living Legend Soulknife which, 5 levels in, I still have no clue how to build.

It's all about what a player decides to make. If I have to impose limitations for someone not to be a shitter then they're a shitter and I wouldn't want them in. Sounds like you're shit.

>Gun scavenger gunslinger
>Ranger with a plant companion and natural weapons combat style
>Bramble brewer alchemist
>Bloodrider bloodrager

Anyone ever play any of these archetypes? I'd like to try one of them in my next game.

Two Feats because you need Skill Focus. Not like casters are feat-starved.

>feinting
lol

>demoralizing
Eh, that requires its own investment. You probably wasn't going to do it anyway.

>gathering intel
Eears of the City (d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/ears-of-the-city). Only chumps actually talk to people, autist wizards just pry the information straight from zeitgeist.

I made a bramble brewer alchemist but never got to play it. ;_;

The archetype looks really fun and the GM let me take it with a non half-elf character (half-elves didn't exist in his setting).

Holy heck that image gave me a big frighten.

Does someone on Paizo's development staff get paid by the spell that makes skill monkeys feel stupid or something?

When was the last time one of your characters was part of a chase or a daring escape?

When we were labeled enemies of the state just as an ancient wyrm attacked the city!

Except /you're/ the only person who knows what qualifies as a shitter build. Archery builds do a lot of damage, does that make anyone who builds an archer a shitter? "If I have to tell you that manyshot is OP then you're a shitter." Have some fucking backbone and set hard limits.

LizardFolk Scout focusing on natural attacks

That Bath in Blood GM needs to realize that 2hu only asks about things that are too powerful.

Personally, I'm waiting for 2hu to post his sheet because I feel like there's some delicious salt to be harvested there.

Oh, he realizes, he just thinks you should be able to read his mind and figure out where /he/ draws the line.

2hu or not, why do people allow Blood Money? I think the ROTJR GM said it best: not even once.

Also I'm playing a symbiotic slayer DHB, back off HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>That's my secret, user
>I have no "line"
t. Touhou Bro

Probably just read the blood part.

>Do you allow pre-game crafting?
>Do you allow Blood Money?

Right, no shenanigans going on here at all.

2hu asks about things that are either left up to individual GMs to rule out (like how certain parts of SoP interact with traditional Vancian) or are widely considered to be OP and banned more often than not. If they are allowed to take them then they there's like 95% they will optimize as much as they can.

*95% chance

Fuck, I need to get some sleep.

I think what's most interesting is realizing that it's not entirely 2hu's fault that people hate him. He can't help but be autistic, but other people can just say no to him, rather than indulge him.

I need names for a Taldan swordsman, give me names.

Salvatore?

Athos, Porthos, Aramis.

Swordy McSwordface

Currently I've got a shield thing going on but one thing I'd also really like to do is one I'm just not sure how to make effective.

Specifically, one focused on all those save-or-get-turned-into-thing spells in Transmutation. Flesh to Stone, Baleful Polymorph, Polymorph Any Object, et cetera.

Like 99% of Veeky Forums is autistic, dude.

I like this one!

But those are the musketeers, silly head!

Because if you're not a complete ass about it, it's fine?

My Healing Patron Witch uses it to cast free Raise Deads and Restorations on people.

D'Artagnan

Salvatore D'Artagnan, got it!

His mom and Dad will be named Athos and Porthos!

Yeah, nothing worse than cold language and poor customer service.

What race and class are this?

Anyone know where I can find art for a symbiotic slayer vigilante? That isnt Venom or Carnage.

You shouldn't be able to do either of those things for free.

It could be some kind of Tiefling monk, or it could be a human with the Ifrit or elemental damage feat trees for martial arts...

Or its just a human or tiefling sorcerer.

Halfling Brawler, perhaps Dwarven.

Is there a Starfinder playtest out yet?

Class looks like a Steelfist Commando or Brawler.

Race is a little tougher, the martial Focus makes me think Dwarf, and the huge breasts further make me think that.

Tiefling Sacred Fist of Sarenrae

Draph race stats WHEN?!

I don't think Paizo is doing any kind of public playtest.

I think so too. Good taste.

Sure?

But is it somehow game-breaking that I can?

While I scower about for some comm work, anyone have visual reference(s) for Onryou and maybe Arshea, Calystria and Nocticula? I was foolish in not saving the images some days back.

>Onryou with the three slut gods

WHY?

He's clearly drunk.

Well, shit. I guess the only preview we'll get will be on Free RPG Day.

Paizo doesn't like anyone telling them their stuff is bad anymore. They learned their lesson with the Kineticist, letting people see that you can't design for shit and aren't going to use the feedback you're given is a red flag.

>Shortness +2
>Voluptuous +3
>Want Your Babies +9999

I dunno, man. Someone tossed out names and I was like 'fug it whatever, they might make backrgound filler'.

Here's some Onryou, senpai-a-lam.

Nocticula: vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/storm-overdrive/images/1/1b/Nocticula.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150930203600

Calistria: alharadnd.wdfiles.com/local--files/calistria/calistria.jpg

Arshea: 68.media.tumblr.com/02a3aa07935750815dd13d550e901263/tumblr_inline_mylk41NLhU1s2vv7d.png

As you might notice, Paizo is not exactly keen on giving their Literal Fuck Goddesses large chests. In fact, Arshea is not a woman at all, but both male and female.

Ugh, now one of those people is commenting on the SoM doc who thinks that Paizo was infallible when they made crossbow feats shit.

To that user who was interested in the lewd discord pbp, but never showed up in the pfg discord.

What gives man?

I'm not sure if that overpowering urge to get knocked up is healthy.

Probably not, but I'm not sure that'll stop them from trying.

One of these days I need to find out what those moon runes say.

Draph, but we don't heave these in Pathfinder so probably tiefling or maybe refluffed dwarf. As for class, in game she is a fiery kung fu master fighting with blazing kicks. She scores lots of critical hits, also has a way to dodge and counterattack. I would say she is Mystic (Aurora Soul) with Elemental Flux, Broken Blade, Mithral Current and maybe Thrashing Dragon or Fool's Errand.

>Includes question marks and and a heart

My best guess is that she's asking him if he wants to have dinner together sometime.

As someone who only knows about the Draph from memes and Veeky Forums, and for the life of me can't really find any solid LPs or videos on Youtube that explain it... How do the Draph do, really?

>the_floor_is_lava.mp4

What is he saying user?

In a sense, yes. Free castings of those spells harms consequence for player action, taking away from the tension and harming the experience.

As in, how are they in-game? There is no unifying theme, as far as I am aware, and definitely not on the level of all dwarves being Scottish McAxelovers. They are your usual folk, but exceptionally brawny for men and voluptuous for women. They have their own kingdom which is mostly volcanic and filled with factories. It is also implied they were used as workers by the race of ancients. At least that's what I've noticed so far.

Is it being a shitter to take both Orator AND Deific Obedience (Magdh)?

It's a shitter to be optimised to a level where you invalidate other characters in the party entirely, as this damages party cohesion and player enjoyment, which feeds back into everyone's game enjoyment.

I feel The GM should ideally limit maximum optimsation to prevent any one person from being able to do this. As one is unable to see how effective other party members are, the GM would be enabling shitlery by allowing broken options.