Warhammer 40,000 General

I'm the 40kg edition

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (no rubricae allowed, we can't keep cleaning all that dust!)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JjaYW5Cnr5k
youtube.com/watch?v=1_UXan8lQa4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish there was some program or website I could use to create a roster.

How does this look for my local league? Just added a few things to my standard sisters list.
The rhino's are Repressors (13/11/10, 3HP, 8 fire points, Dozer Blade)

Is there some sort of program to help with creating armylists? A roster creator of sorts?

That isn't "babby's first picture book" The Roster Building experience.

Are Grey Knights a good begginner army? The Grey Knight trailer from the Lord Inquisitor really makes me want to start them.

youtu.be/JjaYW5Cnr5k

Play Tau or Eldar if you don't want to lose every game ever.

You could use the Grey Knight terminator models as Custodes.
They cost more or less the same, but Custodes are much tougher.

Looks ok to me. I dunno your local meta but the only you're really lacking is anti-marine stuff, but meltas kinda fill that roll

Hnnnnnng, that trailer. Lovely.

This.

Back to this question

God no. Anything you try to make a list focus on, an army actually dedicated to that blows us out of the water. Psyker oriented list? Daemons will shit on you. Shooting oriented list? Good luck dealing with AV 13+ when you can get maybe 2 or 3 lascannons in a list. Melee oriented? Daemons or any other melee focused army will slaughter you. We're in a really bad spot because we were one of the eatly 7th Ed (2014) codexes alongside Dark Eldar and Orks which were originally designed with the intent that 7th would "tone down" armies. And then came the Decurion in 2015...and GW went balls to the wall to make OP stuff. They were my first army and they make you FEAR losing a single guy. I started playing Tau and DE as well, and even though they have WAY more models, every lost model stings. I LOVE the models. I LOVE the fluff, but at this point that's all I like about them. They're straight garbage on the table.

I claim this thread in the name of the Emperor!

All guardsmen follow me to glory!

Is there a formation of entirely these guys? Literally the coolest non-vehicle models there are.

They're not a very good beginner's army. There's not that much selection or variety in the army, and it's very difficult to take on certain factions (at least without experience).

They are easy to paint, though, so there's that.

Disgusting.

Or he could use Deathwing Knights, or an army of Abaddons, or a Riptide Wing (Tau's TEQ).

Since the first codex released for 7th was orks does that mean that nids will be the first codex in 8th?

Sicarian Killclade. 3 units of them and 1 of the Infiltrators. Increases infil aura range to 12" and essentially gives the Rusties WAAAGH! - can choose any turn after the first to allow run + charge, as if they weren't fast enough already.

>tfw your army is not named Aeldari

I might be a bit inpatient, but do we know anything about next weeks releases yet?
It it to soon for Gathering Storm 2 or are we getting those new stormcast chocobos?

Grey Knights are in an odd position right now. They work best with or as allies since they lack anti-tank and depending on what you take, struggle with hordes. My buddy runs them with either an imperial knight or SM allies to bring in a cent squad to shunt around with gateway and does okay

Same with SM.
>Everything can outmelee us
>Everything can oushoot us
>Everything can do anything better than us

They look like mannequins made of wire, almost as bad as the fish-tanks.

Shit taste.

But SM get nice formations to alleviate some of those problems.

What do we get?
Turn 1 Deep Strike on 3+ with battle focus so we can get tabled faster.

The other formations are 2000pts and up.

it presents information on your army way more concisely and efficiently than armybuilder (which gives codified gibberish) and battlescribe (bloatbloatbloat)

whats bad is it's terrible for legality and gets things wrong constantly, so if one does not know their army's rules, they're going to likely come up with all kinds of illegalities using babbys first picture army builder

which seem to be its primary users...

Is it wrong to think Orks only work properly at games below 1500 or games above 2000?

So I just subscribed to Table Top Tactic's on demand channel. Pretty happy with that hobby purchase.

You say
>bloatbloatbloat
for battlescribe...but I can do this and reduce everything down to even less bloat than the picturebook builder. Sure, it's a longer picture, but it's not nearly as bloated as picturebook builder.

No. And CSM and IG are still on 6th ed. codexes.

Not the guy you're responding to but I still disagree. Just look at the aberration units - why not just condense that to Aberration x3. There is still a ton of clunkiness in the presentation.

Well, ideally, low point games there will be less people taking lots of heavily armored things that Orks have some trouble dealing with, so their more anti-infantry stuff and assault focus has a bit better odds. At very high point values, the various overcosted Ork units are somewhat less noticable in such massive quantities, and it's also more feasible to take a Kustom Stompa or round out enough of a list to deal with everything.

Even then, I'm not sure if it overcomes their downsides, though the typical 1850 level definitely isn't doing them any favors.

What happened to the old Mega link to the epubs? These links do not contain nearly as many epubs.

About how many points do you think you guys have and how much do you think is more average?

I have like 3k CSMs, 1.5k Renegades, and like 1.5k Daemons.

> GK
> Complaining they're not #1 anymore
>"We are doomed REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
kek

Because there's only 1 Aberration per squad? I'll give you the part where they could change it from 2 individual Grotesques to 2x Grotesques with Close Combat Weapon. But that's not "a ton" of clunkiness. It was just coded like that to allow easier view of customizable models/units in case you did give each individual one something different.

Dead

I started playing at the very tail end of that and when 7th dropped all I had was Stern, a Purgator squad, a termie squad and a Dreadknight. So I don't know what the buzz was about.

>Tfw can't deal with AV14 as SM player
>Tfw drop podding suicide squads with melta or grav are too expensive to be effective
>Lascannons don't do shit

Can I use scarab occult without going full thousand sons legion rules? Like in black legion or just standard csm. Wanna pick up the kit but is like to be able to field them with my other stuff. Not asking if its viable, just if its legal.

They were one of the best armies in 5th, then lost like half their choices when they got their newest codex and are mediocre or terrible now if taken alone

>be me.
>hours spent painting model for huge model painting competition.
>model looks great to me. Did some zenithal highlights with the airbrush, and some glazing, and blending on the weapon.
>know I'm not going to win, but want feedback on how to improve.
>mfw I'm told that if I want to be good I have to stop painting the "games workshop way".

I know they are right, but this is what I thought good models looked like. I'm not an artist, so how the fuck was I supposed to know that?

I am done reeeeeeeing now. Thank you.

With this list I ran I BARELY beat an unoptimized Orks list. By 1 point because I was able to Shifting Worldscape my Dreadknight to an objective.

>Drop pods
>Too expensive

Oh boo hoo

Where are all Fracture of Ball-Tan leaks

Are Ravenwing Knights effective for their point cost?
And what about the Ravenwing command squad?

For something that's going to be destroyed in a turn it is. Btw i was talking about sternguard squads, not the pods.

I want to get back into 40K. I played big bug Tyranids back in 4th Edition.

Is that still viable these days? I love carnifexes and I love that there are more types of big bugs to play with.

Hotshot lasguns look very different to normal lasguns

As a SW I call this bullshit, fucking grav cannons pop everything and grab centurions will take a hell of a beating before falling and even then will earn more than their points back and then you have sky hammer grav devastators which are more bullshit.

>model looks great to me.

Nothing else matters user.

Post pics

One gravcanon will do about 1 hull point per turn against any vehicle, regardless of it's AV. 4 grav cents or a unit of grav devs will statically kill a landraider in one turn.
You have no excuse except for being a shit player.

I really like all the ally madness that Imperials can do, including a bit of everything. But it needs a single base army to build from and I have no idea what I wanna start with. I just wanna include stormtroopers or assassins or grey knights.

There's nothing wrong with the way GW painters do things.
Airbrushing isn't standard GW stuff.
Fuck whoever said that to you.

But even more, fuck you for not posting a picture of your actual model.

Just go with either space marines or IG.
It's fluffy, since those 2 factions will almost always make up the bulk of any crusade, both act as good bases for any army, both bring a lot to the table and both can benefit a lot from allies.

>I know they are right
they aren't

Blindly following trends is a fool's errand. Paint what you think looks good, and paint it to the best of your ability.

The answer is always IG.

So I'm thinking of starting tyranids. I want a small GSC for zone mortalis and then buil dup to a full scale invasion force of mostly 'nids.

A few questions:
Did they really botch the wording on the GSC FAQ for Cult Ambush? To the point where despite what they intended the made it so it effectively does nothing with the 6 result that allows them to charge anyway? Or was this supposed to be a blanket rule for the other results so that the entirety of cult ambush wouldnt become not!infiltrate to allow them all to charge on the first turn?

See, I like the idea of IG, but they seem like they'd be REALLY expensive to collect.

I built my 1k of Dark Eldar for around £100, after all.

Oh man, the ability to not scatter if you deep strike near cover and then disembark 6 inches into cover and then have the tank you just slagged as extra cover must really be making things difficult for you.

whats the best ork flyer

im thinking the blitza bomba right now.

Dakkajets. Always.

GKs are a like a 14 unit codex with such shit internal balance that only 5 usable units.

Would be nice if they could balance.

I mean thank god their drop pods cost 75 points right?

Also I don't have the traitor legion supplement yet because GW won't restock the damn thing.

meant for

I've been considering kitbashing a Hotshot as a Lasgun with socket extensions crammed with multiple charge packs. Ganger-style.

i dont get it

He wants to make a bashed together garage-kit hotshot that uses ALL OF THE POWER PACKS instead of a backpack generator.

Sounds hilarious, do it

Yeah, although I guess he does have a point. Chaos marines can just plop down a few Combi-melta terminators to try and blast something for cheaper.

Except now Loyalists can even do that better now by just taking a few of those Deathguard Terminators that get actual Meltaguns along with whatever else they want.

Depends on what you are facing and if you are using Death from the Skies.

Bombers are generally better than the shooty planes because it's much easier to pass over a target than get it in your firing ark and orks have decent air defence with the mek guns so you don't need fighters so much.

The blitza bomba gives reasonable anti-tank performance, but that's less essential now with kustom mega kannons. The burna bomba gives ignores cover, which is in short supply in ork lists.

All of them suck up fast attack slots, which isn't good when you want bikes and deffkoptas too.

As opposed to not-Latin for Space Military?

Why not also do one where he's throwing the overcharged las gun as a makeshift frag grenade?

I doubt that is mechanicus approved. Dont dangle it infront of any techpriest or engineseer.

Guard has to make do with what they get. I'm certain that the Magi would approve of if as long as the guardsman honors and appeases its machine spirit and uses the weapon in the name of the Imperium.

Has anyone painted their Guard in the same style as the ones on the GW youtube channel? I would like to see images of how it looks before trying it myself because the channel never really lets you get a good look at the models.

How does this list look? (Tervigon is supposed to be an HQ).
Anything that I should change out for sure?

Fuck me, wrong list.
This is the real one

OK:

>Not legal, only 2 HQs maximum.
>Far too many genestealers
>Too many warriors
>Far too many Hive Guard
>Change mawloc for trygon

post pics or false story for shitposting purposes

What's with the tiny genestealer squads?

Facing Necrons. Wraith spam and 3 flayers at 1500 with his decurion thingy.

Sadly I lack the models to represent any proper anti air.

>SM currently top tier
>Still complain

Who's the user who maintains the Black Library mega link? It's missing a ton of stuff. I have some stuff I would trade, but I am trying to find The Wild King and Fate Unbound by MacNiven.

But user they are only top tier cause of formations. So that doesnt count

>Not legal, only 2 HQs maximum
Hive Fleet Detachment has 3 HQ slots
>Far too many genestealers
Mostly used small squads to fill all 6 troops slots. I've found that with nids, it's better to fill all your troop slots even if each unit on its own is a little under-manned.
>Too many warriors
I can't disagree there, but again, gotta fill those 6 troop slots and gants aren't what they used to be.
>Far too many Best Elites Choice
You what? Do you not play Nids or..?
>Change mawloc for trygon
You definitely don't play nids, at least not in 7th ed.

>Grav
>Silly formations

Right. It sucks that you guys have to run one of many many overpowered formations.

Meanwhile, other armies are dealing with mono-build CADs and still struggling to compete.

But no, god forbid you actually have to run a Skyhammer or a Gladius or a bit of Grav Spam.

>Oh boy I'm getting tabled by an SM army because they have hundreds of points of free upgrades
>but joke's on the SM player because this doesn't actually count, I'm the one who's really winning as I lose entire units per turn.

>I don't know how to play Tyranids: The Post

This annoys me
>people bitch about how 'weak' BA are
>B-But muh ITC rankings
Fucking heavy flamers in drop pods, fucking S5 I5 marines, fucking fast vehicles and just because they don't have the best shit of the SM codex on top of it....

I forgot my :^) sorry

I've never seen this video. It's accurate as shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=1_UXan8lQa4

Many mind bullets.

I actually got recommended them by that GW store manager who was answering questions on Veeky Forums a couple weeks back when I asked him what a good army to start with for someone looking to get the most point value per model for money reasons. That doesn't necessarily make them beginner-friendly, but make of that what you will.

Why give the heralds disks?

is this bait?

Jump twelve. Use witchfires. Boost in shooting phase up to 24" away to avoid enemy guns.

Should I field more Sentinels?

The ablity to copy formations w/content would be nice to have on that army building page.