>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Previous thread: Burn! Burn! Burn! edition.

Also bladelocks.

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJOJKxsDg
sageadvice.eu/2014/11/04/eldritch-blast-scale/
homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rymjKpUjvx
googleben.github.io/Spellbook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>on a mission to disrupt an NE mage's ritual to supercharge themself with magic
>when we get there we find out the mage is a bikini-clad sorceress
>party wizard decides to see if he can overload the ritual "like the Toa Nuva did to the Bohrak-Kal"
>DM decides to let him try
>rolls 17 on arcana, +8
>DM says he knows exactly how to do it
>sorceress screams out in pain
>she knows what's coming too
>"Please, have mercy!"
>a moment later, now in a sultry tone
>"I'll let you have anything you want!"
>she's winking and posing seductively, really laying it on thick
>wizard has a chance to bang a 10/10 and maybe redeem her with the LN dick
>instead he requests that she transfer all her stocks and holdings to him
>end up capturing her alive, turn her into the authorities
>mfw he just wanted the money so he can buy rare books for his personal library

Fucking wizards

How much longer until /5eg/ is as degenerate as /pfg/

I would appreciate it if that discord would stop rearing its ugly head in the OP.

>stop liking what I dont like!!!!

Fresh off the presses is my new Monster Hunter supplement. Granted there was an existing MH supplement but It didn’t quite meet standards of 5e game design in numerous areas, so I hope this interests someone

This mainly covers the weapons and races of Monster Hunter, although currently there is nothing there for carving monsters. Upgrading/crafting weapons and armor has been covered though
All of the weapons have been based off of 5e equivalents and given new weapon properties to help emulate the feel of each weapon, such as the Gunlance’s shelling or the transforming properties of the Switch Axe.

Due to this structure, customized weapons are also possible. Stick shelling on an Insect glaive for a buggy buggy boomstick or put bowgun ammunition into a pair of dual swords for dual bladed revolvers or some shit. Make a great sword that transforms into a lance or a bowgun with the insect glaive’s pole vault maneuver. Come up with the steeliest donuts you can and let me know if something needs balancing.

On a side note, who runs the homebrew mega? I have a few things I want to try to add to it, including Bloodborne Trick Weapons, a Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles supplement, and a Fire Emblem supplement, but I’ve no idea on who to contact about it.

>No title
>Ugly picture
>Discord server

As someone playing a Divination Wizard, i would love to have this happen, but my DM is into "cinematic" gameplay and we havent encountered a city in 3 levels. We were in a dungeon, fought a boss, got teleported to a strange land, went back in time, did some weird time-loop event and now we're on the coast in a big tower with a giant bird god monster flying towards us.

Admittedly i just want a Sandbox where I can gather resources, build a stronghold, collect stuff and just dungeon crawl for fun.

Then make the thread yourself next time, you lazy piece of shit.

Does Green-flame blade work with extra attack?

Would you say the same thing if all of our OP images turned into /pfg/ OP images? Trash is trash.

Nope.

Well shit, here I thought using it and the bladelocks' extra attack would be a good idea.

hey, he didn't become a powerful wizard by wasting his time with women.

If a Warlocks/Wizards familiar dies do they have to spend another full hour and the components to resummon it?

If so, unless they are actively dismissing it as an action or hiding it literally every aoe spell like fireball will probably one shot them.

>Monster Hunter Supplement
That's cool crap, user.
Can you post any of those other things you talked about, or are they too large?

On v1.1 for this. Even added a fancy sheet for all the loving feedback you and other gifted to me in the last section.

>If a Warlocks/Wizards familiar dies do they have to spend another full hour and the components to resummon it?
Yes. Familiars can be a big boost in combat (with the Help action) and great utility, but in combat they are the squishiest type of creature and it can become expensive and time-consuming to resummon them.

Which one you want senpai?

>falcee equivalencing this hard

false*

Fuck, I just returned. Was supposed to sleep but nausea from hunger kept me awake. Gotta eat before trying again. No changes to Savant yet.

I dunno, 5k-kun. Maybe when we collaboratively make homebrew races for all the usual degenerate suspects? You know it will happen eventually. I contributed by unwittingly making an archetype that can make artificial monster girls.

>Elves: French
>Orcs: Native Americans
>Dwarves: Mexicans / Spaniards
>Halflings: Irish
>Gnomes: ???????
Germans, maybe?

Fire Emblem, or FF would be nice.

I'll do both

>with the Help action

Everytime a Wizard wants their familiar to help them I ask "and how exactly do you imagine your pet cat is helping you study that book/kill that giant/climb that mountain?"

The Help action isn't the same as helping with ability checks. Help is just providing a distraction in combat to give an ally an opening.

>>Dwarves: Mexicans / Spaniards

Dude

Dwarves are Jews

How many times do we need to go over this?

>>Oh sssooo whats the cat actually DOING hmmm?
>>The best he can

Any suggestions for stating a Kalidah?

>playing a Mystic with CRYSTAL MAGIC VOODOO homebrew shit
>I can collect and attune to various crystals and gain weird effects
>attuning to a hunk of diamond helps the party find more loot and grants advantage on social checks relating to the negotiation of rewards
>amethyst makes me immune to non-magical poisons and I can nullify one knockdown on myself or ally per long rest
>quartz lets me use the Help action on allies from a distance, as long as I have proficiency in the skill being used
>mfw I have 11 proficiencies

There ya go user

Because it's a Wild West setting and there aren't enough fucking Jews around to justify my need to have Dwarves literally everywhere

Thanks!

>"and how exactly do you imagine your pet cat is helping you study that book

He's keeping my feet warm, and fetching me a glass of water, and reading it for me as well and dumping the knowledge on my brain telepathically

>/kill that giant/

The same way Bards do, cheerleading

>climb that mountain?"

Climbs up a mountain, ties a rope to a sturdy spot, lets the rope down?
idk, just trying to be cheeky

Oath of The Ancients is less a battle against evil, more defending the kindness and joy in the hearts and minds of the people, right?

What are some fitting means of roleplaying such an oath, in general terms?

>Ability check

I can see combat working, sometimes, if the enemy is not just strong enough to ignore a cat.

That's fine.
Use mexican names for them and change -ez to -az

Already on it senor

When a wizard casts a spell like Magic Missile or something like that does the wizard roll to hit or does the spell just auto-hit?

Magic Missile autohits, which is the big reason to use it.

That just brings to mind that I would want an Onion Knight (No, not Davos Seaworth) class / fighter archetype.

It would probably suck (in more ways than one, being broken in both axes of OP) so hard that it would probably be just dumb.

Opinionions?

Most ranged spells; yes. It will say "Make a ranged spell attack"

Magic missile just hits though

What does the spell description say?

Some spells require an attack roll made by the caster.

Some spells require a saving throw made by those targeted or within the area of effect.

Magic Missile specifically...Why let's take a quick gander at the SRD.

>You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.

I replied to your question in the previous thread.

>>I am Don Barba De Bonce Rodrigaz
>>Go with Moradain Amigo

Enjoy nigga. I love sharing my homebrew

It might be covered by an existing archetype or class and feat combination. Would be good to look into it. So many people make new archetypes and entire classes for things existing content can cover.

Precisely

Hmm, I will try to look into it. Maybe I'll discover something. Maybe.

Is there a way to give a Wizard expertise in Arcana without resorting to multiclassing? I find it silly that a Rogue thief/assassin/burglar would be an expert at, say, Arcana, while the Wizard, who has spent their entire life studying magic, would only ever be proficient in Arcana.

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on tweaking the Find Familiar spell to allow casters to summon creatures with more hit points, if they cast it at a higher level than 1st? Naturally, they wouldn't be able to gain that advantage while casting the spell as a ritual.

i can't click the links in the PDF.

Should we do something to make Crossbows somewhat more viable versus the regular bows?

My idea would be to use the "Loading" keyword and actually give it a benefit: A reaction attack before rolling initiative.

But that's one reaction shot, not much. And honestly it sounds like some ranger feature rather than one tied to a weapon.

When Green-Flame Blade says it deals damage at higher levels, does that refer to total character level or caster level?

Character level, as with all cantrips.

Huh; so it appears you cannot. Have the homebrewery link.

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BJOJKxsDg

total character level. Other cantrips scale this way as well.
sageadvice.eu/2014/11/04/eldritch-blast-scale/

Ask your DM very nicely. I sometimes let my players exchange two or three proficiencies for one expertise.
>Guild Artisan background doesn't even give you expertise in your chosen guild's tools.
Fuck that, too. A master who's spent his whole life learning how to make pottery should have more skill with potter's supplies than a noble who took it up as a hobby.

Crossbows do more damage than bows though
They're good for classes that use them as backup weapons and don't mind only getting 1 attack with them.
If you want to become Varric and be a crossbow badass, you have to take the Crossbow Expert feat

Sometimes DMs will let you train during downtime for stuff like that

Nah familiar doesn't need to be stronger than it already is.

Years of Pathfinder has taught me to hate the system and I really want to get into 5e, but I'm not sure where to start. Does Wizard's have something similar to Pathfinder Society I can look into with any group listings, or should I just go online?

5e has Adventurers League. Ask at your local game store, also the best place to get an IRL game together if you have no friends.

Otherwise you can try online, either Roll20 LFG, Veeky Forums's gamefinder threads, or some other community's LFG areas.

Newest version of the Brawler, here.

Probably the last version, too, as I'm pretty sure it's just minor tweaks (if anything) here on out.

Anons? I could use some help with homebrewing:

I'm working on a new Warlock patron inspired by "dark woodlands goddess" type creatures; Shub-Niggurath, Lamashtu, Coatlicue, etc. For their sixth level feature, I was thinking to basically give them a companion beast, ripped from the revised Ranger, but which can be Aberration, Beast, Plant or Vermin in type.

Given that this companion is coming at 3 levels later than the Ranger equivalent, should I beef up the "design a companion" rules (Medium or smaller, 15 or fewer HP, max damage per attack 8 or less) as a result?

Your Paladin gets proficiency in Brewer's Tools. Makes a lot of beer and other spirits. Likes to make people happy with good booze and some music on the side.

How would that feature companion synergize with Chain? I know no one plays Chain Warlocks, but it's still important to take into account. Is a familiar and a companion beast a little much for one character?

Quick question. What are a few cleric spells that don't rely too much on that cleric's Wisdom modifier?

Whenever you join a new campaign, always either make characters at home or at least know the party's level in advance. In the past two days I have had to roll up an 11th and 8th level character on the spot, and I thought I was making something five levels lower. It was so worth it.

What happen when every PC ready action off the same trigger?

hypothetical scenario: Enchanter Wizard use Hypnotic Gaze on the enemy. Paladin,Fighter and Monk all ready attack to attack the incapacitated enemy at the same moment. Will all of them get the critical hit? Would you call out for DEX or follow the order of initiative to see who get to attack first (and thus only allow 1 critical hit)?

I'll look into Adventurer's League then Veeky Forums if that fails. All my friends still Pathfinder.

Could you explain the Artificer and the Revised Ranger to me? I'm digging through the OP now and I'm confused about where they stand since they're not part of the core rulebook.

Revised ranger the artificer are both Unearthed Arcana material, which is considered playtest material. It can be used in home-games but not in Adventurers League, as only officially-published material can be used in AL.

As for the meta, revised ranger is a front-heavy but overall good fix to the PHB ranger, and the artificer is actually a bit weak overall.

Fuck, posted wrong version. Gahhh.

For those who it works on the browser homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rymjKpUjvx

Be a Good Man. Interpret that as you will. Is this paladin the type of Good Man who gives money to the homeless? The type who runs an honest establishment filled to the brim with ale, whores and did I mention ale? Or is he perhaps the type of Good Man who represents the average man: a father with a wife and kids, just trying to make them proud?

It's all up to you user. Take what you define as a Good Man and breathe life into it. With any luck, it'll look like Optimus Prime in half-elven form.

>What happen when every PC ready action off the same trigger?

I have the readied actions go off in initiative order.

In your case, the first person (of those with readied actions) in the initiative count would be the one who would get the crit.

Depends on your DM. I personally would go off of initiative order, since going off of DEX wastes a bit of time. As for the rest of your questions, read the damn spell again, then read about readied actions and actions and general.

> Hypnotic Gaze
> spell

Something like an owl could easily be distracting. If some kind of bird were to start fluttering around your face for a quick second you'd probably notice it whether you wanted to or not. In that sense it'd distract them.

So I revised my homebrew a bit, removed the previous ribbon and put something else in. Is this too strong for a wizard school?

Bunch of spells like Bane, Bless, Detect Good/Evil, etc.

Try
or
googleben.github.io/Spellbook/

It shouldn't take too long to quickly browse through and pick out spells that don't say "save" or "attack"

As far as carving, how about everyone's favorite D&D invention: The table. Say that you're carving a Lagiacrus. On a 1d100, 1-25 is a scale, 26-48 is a claw, etc. Just transferring over the standard percentage rates for carves onto the table itself. It works because a monster's never going to have 101 different things to carve. Admittedly making the tables for EVERYTHING would take a bajillion years but most of this you can just find on kiranico or the mh wikis.

What are some good spells for a low-level necromancer to pick up? I've got mage armor, find familiar, ray of sickness, and false life so far.

So I've been looking through the pastebin and I couldn't find anything related to premade campaigns. I'm going to be running a small side campaign from a premade for a second group, levels 1 to 5. We're all veterans, but they want to try a premade.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a 1 to 5 (or something similarly low level) premade campaign for 5e? I've found a number of lists of recommendations, but they are mostly for purchase on the DMs Guild and I don't want to buy anything unless I'm absolutely sure it's worthwhile content.

sleep

Are there any good radiant damage spells that can be found in paladin or warlock lists? I'm doing an Undying Light Warlock and I thought it might be neat to focus on radiance.

Watching Aladdin made a lot more sense realizing that Iago was Jafar's familiar rather than just some random talking pet.

> make character at home
> not making character together with everyone at session 0

Enjoy doing it wrong

Lost mines of Phandelver is a WotC one for 1-5 and it's pretty good. Actually the best short premade I've ever had the pleasure of running.

> A hunter knife is 1000gp
You might need a different zenny to gp conversion...

Really, a parrot should be a core familiar option.

Take versatile off the lance. As a main MH Lancer, I do not approve of this until you take it off.

>CHA 8 (-1)
Sounds about right.

>Should we do something to make Crossbows somewhat more viable versus the regular bows

Hand Crossbows are already the best ranged weapon and perhaps the best non-DMG treasure weapon in general.

How the hell is this the case?

Crossbow expert

At Fighter level 11
Longbow 3d8+15(DEX)+30(sharpshooter)
= 58.5 average damage

Handcrossbow 4d6+16(DEX)+40(sharpshooter)
= 70 average damage

Is this duel wielding hand crossbows?

No. Dual wielding crossbow doesn't even work.

How, then are you getting the extra attack?

Not him, but it's from the last bullet point in Crossbow Expert about being able to attack with a hand crossbow as a bonus action.

It's... a point of contention for a lot of people.

The Hand Crossbow with Crossbow Expert simply lets you get an extra attack off as a bonus action, which does not require dual wielding or anything of the sort, you simply can make a bonus action attack when attacking with a one handed weapon, of which the Hand Crossbow you just fired already is. This is very significant if you're adding dexterity and the sharpshooter bonus to it, putting it ahead of other ranged weapons.

Ranged weapons have the Archery fighting style that offers a flat +2 bonus to hit, helping offset the -5 penalty that Sharpshooter imposes, whereas melee weapons don't have an equivalent to offset Great Weapon Master, and of course ranged weapons can be fired from, you know, range. Therefor arguably making the Hand Crossbow the best weapon, at the cost of needing to use ammunition.

RAW:
>When you use the Attack action and attack with a one handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.
Hand Crossbow is considered a one-handed weapon, but it doesn't make a distinction of 'separate weapons'.