Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

No Space Wolves allowed edition

Last time on /40kg/ >THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Rubricae beware, we've been given a wraithvacuum wraithcleaner by our Craftworld friends in preparation for GS2)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Ravenwing

So, what's better, a Culexus, or SoS? If the latter, how many models/squads do you have to take? How are they outfitted?

Culexus easily

A Deathwatch list I'm work shopping, it focuses wholly on an alpha strike with two drop pods with the third and the other two teams deep striking later. Opinions or advice ?

It depends on who you're facing but it the goal is to have anti-psyker, Culexus is the way. It's also more on touch with fluff because SoS are 30k

>No Space Wolves allowed edition
>mfw
Fuck you I'll stay here and there's nothing you can do.

What are you guys working on? Doing the finishing touches on my raider from the start collecting box, need to redo some highlights and then I'm gonna go built and paint my reavers.

Daily remainder wulfen aren't furry according to the Internet

DERE ARE NO WOLFS ON BENIS :-DDDDD

Just finished up the last of my dudes for a Breacher team. Gonna have a game against a friend who just started Space wolves.

Also got a bunch of new bits in for my Chaos force, so I'm gonna end up working through some various units there.

THIN YOUR P...

Wait, that's actually great work user!

>SoS are 30k

while that's true, I want to use them as a retinue for my Canoness fluffed as Celestians.

Nids dude here. Last time I'm gonna post this list for a while.
C&C away

Hive Fleet Detachment

Hive Tyrant (1) - 230pts
1 Hive Tyrant: Wings,2 Twin-linked devourer with brainleech wormss

Hive Tyrant (1) - 230pts
1 Hive Tyrant: Wings,2 Twin-linked devourer with brainleech wormss

Tervigon (1) - 195pts
1 Tervigon: Scything talons,Stinger Salvo

Hive Guard Brood (3) - 165pts
3 Hive Guard: Impaler cannon

Zoanthrope Brood (1) - 50pts
1 Zoanthrope

Zoanthrope Brood (1) - 50pts
1 Zoanthrope

Termagant Brood (10) - 64pts
6 Termagant: Devourer
4 Termagant: Fleshborer

Termagant Brood (10) - 64pts
6 Termagant: Devourer
4 Termagant: Fleshborer

Termagant Brood (10) - 68pts
7 Termagant: Devourer
3 Termagant: Fleshborer

Mawloc (1) - 140pts
1 Mawloc

Living Artillery Node

Exocrine (1) - 170pts
1 Exocrine

Biovore Brood (3) - 120pts
3 Biovore

Tyranid Warrior Brood (3) - 100pts
1 Tyranid Warrior: Barbed strangler,Scything talons
2 Tyranid Warrior: Devourer,Scything talons

So, this is a bit out there, but does anyone here Own the FW Eldar Phoenix flyer and the Voidraven? I was wondering what the scale comparison between the two is like, and my Google-fu has failed me.

Any anons have the mortarion mockup from a few threads ago? It was a small image.

I haven't done anything in over a month.

I just don't have the motivation.

You will lose her AoF tho

Culexus for the invisibility but you can get 10 sisters of silence for ten points more who will probably do more damage in assault than the assassin.

Oh no. I lose a single round of hatred in exchange for a bunch of I5 S4 AP2 attacks. What ever will I do?

I finished the girls last night and gave them a coat of matte varnish this morning. Going to take a good break from painting for now.

>a bunch of I5 S4 AP2 attacks
If melee is what you're looking for you can field Death Cult Assassins with 3atk WS5 I6 S4 AP2 5++ for the same price as your SoS...

Had to share my autism with someone.

You know about neurothropes, right?

Who is the best person to write the next Nids codex and why is it Phil Kelly ?

They have a 5++ save verses a 3+ save and do nothing against psykers.

death cult assassins have power swords and are therefore ap3

AP3.

almost at tabletop standard with my pre-heresy world eaters army. applying washes and thin coats of blue helps fight off the depression from playing with toys in my late 20s.

I support this.

Who should write the next Orks codex?

2 is also furry
4 and 5 are just bestiality

Yeah. They aren't good enough in relation to their cost to make up for Zoeys getting nerfed, unless you're spamming Zoeys which is pretty dumb IMO, since Hive Guard are the better elite choice.
The only reason I'm running Zoeys at all is for a little extra Synapse and to draw some fire away from big bugs during the early game.

What's a decent Iron Hands list at 750pts against IG?

Finished my first model today.

I think I don't like the preheresy WB vet scheme as much as I'd like.

I need to learn how to take pictures with potato.

That helmet needs some highlights to show off the details and draw focus

Phil Kelly

Matt Ward

Made a Corsairs list to use my DE as proxies vs my friend who will be using his custom SM supplement so we can get a first look at balancing it. Geared up my Corsairs to be mostly like DE with a few exceptions. I was considering taking combat drugs but I'll have to play with the list later. I took Titan Breakers because I assume he'll be running quite a few Vehicles. Any tips are appreciated.

I know, I know....
>Battlescribe
Picturebook listbuilder doesn't have Corsairs.

I tried to highlight with Eshin Grey, they kept disappearing after I kept trying to correct some mistakes. Will try second model with red helmet and green eyes.

Has anyone here used a full Assassinorum Execution Force?

How well did it go?

Oh yea, there's also that. I knew there was another reason.

Black armor in general is hard to pull off. I opted to go with Eshin grey over black for just a very dark grey for my force, but I wasn't going for a specific color as much as something suitably dark.

Working on my DE too.

Love that colour scheme user. Good brush skills too.

Pretty unique scheme for Dark Eldar. I like it a lot.

While it's the impressive sort of autism to notice that and identify it, I don't fault the artist for it because who the fuck cares? They're background noise. Some digital artists straight up line-trace without any modifications for the primary focus subject. At least this guy only did it for the background and actually tried to hide it with mirroring and adding details over the mouth of the WHFB face.

That's deathwatch 1500 points? Surely thats wrong. I'd expect more models

Such is life in the snowflake marines

>That color scheme
Jesus, user. You love living life on the edge. Looks good.
I stuck to the default scheme. Pic related is my latest Ravager.

KA? I didn't expect to see you on /40kg/.

I like everything about it a lot.
The highlight on the leather is a bit jarring for me though. it goes from a rich brown to an off-white without transition. You could always be planning to wash it down though, so what do I know.

>deathwatch
>expecting more models

He gave every single one a special or heavy weapon, and they're elite to begin with.

How well will my DEldar compete with them? Just a query

Yeah I may go back and adjust it. It was an experiment for speed painting. I wanted to see what just basecoat, wash, extreme highlight would end up like.

Deathwatch in general? Probably fine. Especially if you bring Disintegrators. Reavers should do well also. Deathwatch aren't especially strong as marines go.

That green really hurts my eyes, but that's mostly just because I'm not really fond of the colour in general.

Stunning work though, not a common scheme at all but you made it work really well.

Got any more pics of your army, or is that all you have so far? Would love to see how that scheme looks on other models.

I still remember what happened to my fantasy orcs

Whatre you guys workig on?

My warboss shelled out some teef to da snakebite boyz for a pair of ded killy squigs

If I'm using static artillery should I have it on a base? What size should it be? If I have stabilizers for them should I just put them down on the table and have the crew behind them with no base?

>should I have it on a base?
If it makes it easier for you to move around and set up yes.
>What size should it be?
Whatever's easiest.
>If I have stabilizers for them should I just put them down on the table and have the crew behind them with no base?
Put the crew on bases, and leave them removable either way.

Librarians and Dread are both pretty inefficient.

Frag launchers > melta and grav.

Infernus Bolters are fine but idk why you have that one dude with ONLY a flamer.

Why locator beacons on all the pods?

Aquila KTs are meh.

Why does GW insist on making half their animals stand on triangular rock piles?

The list is partially based on what I have so I'm limited to 4 of each heavy weapon.

The locators are for the two teams deep striking without pods.

Stability

I too have a DW force; given the recent ruling that they can't have Bolters and Shotguns at once, what would be preferable to give my CQC boys? Shotgun/ccw or Bolter/ccw?

>do I give them a gun that I can assault after firing or a gun I can't assault after firing?
Well gee user I don't know

Here's my Wych Squad. I haven't painted any vehicles yet.

Andy Chambers

Honestly nobody at GW loves orks any more, I feel like thats half the issue.

Gah. That foot is a mess. I need to fix that.

Did he happen to write the 7th ed DE codex? I'm almost done with Path of the Dark Eldar series, and it was spectacular.

Where are the leaks, guys? It has been too long.

You are a goddamn maverick.
They look great

Let's hope for leaks of new Chaos models

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.

Nicely done. I particularly like the subtle shading on the sail.

>More Chaos models
>after 6 months of non-stop Chaos releases

I've always been fascinated with weebs making an arbitrary cutoff to include their monster girls and such that just happens to hang outside the boundary of "furry". Everyone I've ever met in life makes no such distinction.

Any animal attributes=furry

For a single subfaction. And none for the central focus of the new book series.

I will not rest as long as cultists are still snapfit.

We'll probably see some rules leaks for Fracture of Biel-tan show up next weekend.

What are you proxying them as?

Enjoy the Nurgle

Even a normalfag isn't stupid enough to think fucking some dumb "sexy cat" halloween costume bitch is furry

So, quick question, Veeky Forums. Can I take a Combined Arms Detachment of Skitarii, with Belisarius Cawl as my HQ choice?

Do you really want Chambers to write anything after the giant clusterfuck that was Dust: Warfare?

When putting together a picture battle report, what should you be taking pictures of?
Deployment + the end of each player turn? Each game turn?

They can't just give monstrous creatures flat feet on the bottom like tyranids or dinosaur toys?

Yup

One shot of both armies in parade formation

Deployment of both sides

Board positions at beginning of turn

Board positions at end of turn

Mix in any shots you find interesting, such as critical melee pile ins or a squad's last survivor fighting down multiple enemies, or a model lining up a crucial shot from between the crack of two buildings/transports/a balcony.

Thanks, I couldn't see why not, but it also felt wrong somehow. Now to figure out how to make this work best...

You didn't like Dust?

Anyway, he's gotten all his weirder ideas out and played around with them. They're out of his system.

It felt wrong because you are playing Skitarii and not Adeptus Mechanicus, but GW basically counts Skitarii as part of the Mechanicus which they technically are.

That would end up with a lot of pictures though, wouldn't it? Assuming you mean player turn, that's 24 photos minimum in a five-turn game. Sounds like it would be too much to post here.

>but it also felt wrong somehow
Only because GW made such a mess of Ad Mech in the first place by splitting them.

Not if user made collages, or condensed it.

Dust was fine if you were willing to play only Allies against Allies or Axis against Axis. Drop Fireball meant that Axis couldn't beat Allies ever. Not to mention all the fucking tokens all over the place, and the way setup took an extra 10 minutes because of all his weird shit.

Comprehensive battle reports ARE too long to post on Veeky Forums.

Do you have any examples? Unless I made some monster of an image, it would still need to be several posts.

Have any of you played using Tabletop Stimulator? My buddy wants to play long distance, but after downloading an army and just looking at it, it looks like a real pain in the ass to set up and actual match.