What makes a beautiful ship?

What makes a beautiful ship?

Ship tits and ship ass, duh

Aka turrets and engines

I agree on the engine. Engines make or break the ship aesthetic.

well for one not being fulled with prisoners end up crash landing on a wonder planet filled with flesh eating bugs that they have to fight their way though to get out of the crash which, for some reason, the closer to the surface you get the more dangerous the stuff gets

and two, by being sexy as fuck

Atmosphere.

A lot of things. Curves work for some while hard edges work for others.

It's simple. Every ship is beautiful no matter what.

A perfect blend of utility and aesthetic. A hull with lines that are pleasing to the eye, and yet has a center of mass that makes it easy to maneuver.

Turrets that command power by their very silhouette, and yet have a cones of fire that allow the ship to adequately defend itself in 360 degrees.

A command bridge that is suitably well armored and situated that it doesn't present a vulnerability, and yet allows the crew to see enough of space to command the ship without relying overmuch on camera feeds.

A delicate balance between form and function

Are you sure about that?

Dakka.

There will be never enough dakka for a ship.

Never.

fuck that, ships look cooler more impractical looking it is.

Gothic cathedral aesthetic and a fuckhueg statue of the God-Emperor

looking like a cathedral mixed with an oil rig

A good reactor.

Form & Function.

function must follow form

r8 it
>hard mode: no memes

the gribble makes it good

Depends on the fetish

>Engines: 10/10, centered on mass, plenty of room for directional thrusters
>Hull: 7/10, practical shape, but still butt ugly
>Bridge: 2/10 did you even try?

The ship should give off the aura of its intended purpose. Officially made ships should have symmetry, with clean plating. Pirate or makeshift merchant stuff should be asymmetrical with chaotic details and no flat, clean surfaces. Star Destroyer vs. Millenium Falcon. Enterprise vs Bord Cube.

Weapons, engines, bridge position, and the ship's intended purpose should be easily recognized at a glance if it is meant to be liked and identifiable. When they aren't, the ship feels more alien and inherently dislikeable, which is useful for antagonist ships.

>modified cargo boat
>seems to not have space for cargo larger than luggage

Seems like a pretty big flaw if Solo was planning to ferry around anything heavier than couple kilos of space opium or terrorist or two.

This is the original look.

Theres a cargo thing that is supposed to attach to the front of it apparently, also the reason for the cockpit being off centre.

>What makes a beautiful ship?

Camo. Camo in SSSSPPPPAAAACCCCEEEE!!!!!

I think it has twice the the size of the engines of a normal one.

sleek in form and function, honestly I think the Reapers are damn sexy ships

the most important factor to consider when choosing a vessel for long-term space travel
>comfy: 10/10

Who would want to live in a subway car for months at a time?

sleek, cozy, functional, its literally the ship I'd want for space adventures

Aluminum Falcon can eat a million dicks

Wow. You must be some... Beta orbiting pilot huh?

The Humankind Empire Abh have the best ships desu.

too bad these resolutions are garbage

thank you that is all

The bridge placement on the YT series is because it's designed to attach to large cargo containers, that's what the forked front is for.

Functionality.

Fuck what the ship looks like as long as it has the best systems in the galaxy.

e-e-even me user?

Cassette futurism

Functionality.

I really liked that series of pics.

Yeah, it's really nice.

Thing is, this actually looks like a space cargo hauler. It's like the 18-wheeler of space.

Powerful bank of Several engines. Linear tube-like design. Cockpit- front and center - full arc of sight.
The cross bars on the spine seem useful for hitching modular cargo boxes to, or for EVA spacewalks as grapples.

Plenty of ports for docking / Egress.

armor

Laser galore

Fry, in order for me to get busy with maximum efficiency, I need a girl with a 400-ton booty.

Does it look armored enough to eat an asteroid to the face? Then I respect it.

Does it look fast, even when it's sitting still? Then I trust it is agile enough to dodge an asteroid flying towards its face, and I respect it.

Is it spiky with guns for days? Then I assume it can blast an asteroid that is coming towards its face. I respect that.

If it looks fast and blasty, or armored and fast, or armored and blasty, then it's probably overdesigned and doing too much, and I don't trust that ship.

Capital ships get a slight pass here. They can be Blasty and Armored - but then they ought to be appropriately scaled. Imperial Star Destroyer is a good size. Executor is Too Big - why?

LOL that game. Star Citizen 10 years before it was cool. Probably same fate will follow for SC too.

Blocky and Geometric

Aesthetic curvature.

Gotta love a ship with a nice set of turrets.

Being a gigantic gothic phallus that can ram straight through enemy capital ships that runs on trans-dimensional ghost power or something.

This. At least for earth battleships.

Mayday! Mayday! Midlife Crisis in space, coming through!

Temples and statues

Type A - the Minivan of the stars.

Chiseled abs.

Not why they did it, but if you've tried to land a big ship in a tight place in Star Citizen, having the cockpit placed like that (as on the Caterpillar) makes landing way easier and safer.

I love how this game show that even if we assume laser technology won't advance that much, energy weapons still end up dominating over kinetics.

Is that right user? Do you like to look at that sort of thing in your spare time?
You're the sort of person that wouldn't give a second glance at her engines or even consider the effort she puts into her shields!
Keep like that and you'll never get to be inside a brand new, state of the art ship.

>prioritising Mk 1 eyeball
>not relying entirely on sensors

Ships aren't pretty when they've been blown up by things they didn't see in time.

Only in space-to-space combat tho.
You can't do orbital bombardment with reasonably sized lasers

Round sterns

The crew

Love that game, user. What is your favorite combination of characters? And favorite one?

It could use some paintwork, but that ship is pretty much ok. Specially the mast

Glorious Gallente design.

FUCK THE CALDARI

>for some reason, the closer to the surface you get the more dangerous the stuff gets

The more hospitable the environment, the fiercer the competition. Deep down there isn't much energy to go around in the ecosystem, so most things will be busy just surviving. Up at the surface, the problem become surviving each other.

LOTZ OF DAKKA!

have an even biggener pict

Shit taste detected, I bet you think cyberpunk is all about operating operationally too

>SoaSE
mein negro

Personality.

The IJN had some quality superstructure going on. Pagoda mast best mast.

cute ham dude

>not smelted abs
One job. Also a great setting.

Possibilities

Technically he's well built.
I needed something which give players more abilities.
>Onu-barbarian with a kanohi calix.

long girders
seriously, fuck naval like or jet like spaceships, realism is the best

anyone recognises this one?

yea but it kind of goes against classic game logic of deeper = harder

Hard sci-fi is what makes a ship beautiful.

>all that armor
>the bridge is still unarmored and in the front of the vehicle, protected only by a thin sheet of some kind of glass

I mean I love UNSC ship designs, especially the Pillar of Autumn, but that's just goddamned dangerous.

A great dimensional drive.

Star Trek with crt monitors? I can dig it.

Functioning latrines.

I prefer mine with spinal mounted weapons.

The Tristan was always my favourite too user.

The fact that she's yours and you're her captain?

that's really more of a stupidly big space gun with some engines on the back that a space ship user. Also a shit-ton of missiles too.