REMOVE THIS FROM GAME

Whats the most absurdly broken weapon/armor/item you've ever seen in a game, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1gUjGyBIC6GPzAGwp7VNevJzGEDRGIiYh9yscGTlbJMQ/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cleave and great cleave.

I misread the OP.
Please accept my sincere apologies.

Scroll of greater force, Was used to launch the BBEG to space

Hallucinogenic grenades in Dark Heresy 2. One of our characters threw one and took out an entire encounter of eldar badasses that were supposed to slap us down.

The Leveler. It was a magic sword, basically the Frostmourne ripoff, that was created to kill gods.
It was a +5 weapon (in 5e, a system where magic weapons only go up to +3) that had many, many overpowered abilities... And also changed your class to "the Leveler" when you picked it up.
This class had 3 attacks, converted HP of killed enemies into temp HP for the wielder (and they stacked) and had many other absolutely overpowered features.

This sword was granted to one of the PCs halfway through the campaign, instantly making him the protagonist, and I've never loathed a magic item more.
If you want, I can try to find it's actual stats. They were fucking ridiculous.

Wat why
Why would a GM ever do this

A Rogue Trader once ended up with a Heretek Plasma Pistol that packed the firepower of a Space Marine Plasma Cannon, in exchange for having only two shots before a lengthy reload. The Maximal mode scattered like an indirect shot.

Every time it was fired on Maximal the scatter roll was only one number away from killing a party member or the user.

I fucking loved that retarded gun.

Get the stats

Shapesand for 3.5. Ridiculous.

Several reasons.
1) It was his first major campaign, and it was far from his only fuck-up.
2) He wanted to create a supersword that could kill the gods in the fluff and live up to the hype in the crunch. He succeeded.
3) He wanted to give out powerful toys to the other players too (not as powerful as the Leveler, of course). Halfway through, he started doubting the wisdom of this decision, because other than the times we were fighting some custom made bosses, nothing could really challenge us. We steamrolled through everything.
4) Leveler was supposed to be a curse, not a blessing. You become extremely powerful, but you also become the sword's bitch (and "DM's bitch", as the DM said himself). It didn't work out this way at all, but what you gonna do.

Now, when this DM got some experience under his belt, he also made my favourite campaign from all time. I wrote a pretty popular greentext about it on Veeky Forums, even. However, he still stubbornly refuses to admit that the Leveler was a mistake, and it pisses me off almost as much as the sword itself.

And here are his stats. Found them.

docs.google.com/document/d/1gUjGyBIC6GPzAGwp7VNevJzGEDRGIiYh9yscGTlbJMQ/edit

Hm, he must have fiddled with those stats after the first campaign ended. This is not exactly how I remember them.

>Ascalon, the Dragonslayer
It was an ornate spear we found very early in the campaign. It was essentially a +1 spear, and that was that.
However, the bigger the foe, the higher it's bonus, it was a +4 when we fought a giant.
But it's real power was that of instantly killing dragons. If you hit them, they died.
Of course, it wasn't till way later we learned of this, and that was mostly because the fighter ran out of bolts and hurled the thing at an angry white.
To think, we almost sold it to a blacksmith for 50 Gold.

Thought Bottles.

THAT is a nice OP weapon

an AK-47 forced into a Numenera campaign
GM gave us the options of choosing a custom artifact to start a new campaign with after many ass kickings and in a medieval future world plain bullets are surprisingly both unthought of and overpowered

Wrong kind of broken.

Why?

Monks in D&D/PF, they're always super OP

Get outta here pixie. Any class is broken with enough time and effort that no one else puts in.

This broken piece of shit.

They're equally OP in Dark Heresy 1. -20 Toughness Test in a *huge* area, and you can keep spamming them until the warp freezes over. Not even hermetically sealed armour makes you immune, and it's a toss-up whether not needing to breathe even protects you.

They would not be bad at all if they allowed you to use unspent movement

Are your fists made of silver? Didn't think so.

wow you weren't kidding. I'd tone everything down 2 tiers to make them even slightly comparable to the rest of the party.

Yes, actually yes. At 7th level in 3.PF and at 6th in 5e

easily

Does anyone have the green text is talking about on hand?

Tell me it's a Myth ref. I know I'm old, but the only way I could condone that is if the DM planned some Myth-like shenanigan, with the player becoming the next "Leveler", destroyed of civilizations.

And then all your previous PCs become his undead servant-generals and you got to play dudes with shield&sword, pseudo-celtic archers, scottish berserkers and dwarves with grenades to stop them.

Some of you likely do, but you wouldn't know about it.

Yes, DM did play Myth and apparently referenced it. A lot. Since nobody else at the table played it, we don't get it.
The Leveler is a legacy character, yes, and there were three of them to our knowledge. Our campaign ended when majority of our party died - all of it, except the Leveler, in fact. By that time we succeeded in our quest to kill the majority of the gods, so it didn't really matter.

Our next campaign took place in the same setting, luckily the Leveler did not show up. Lord knows I would quit on the spot if he did.

Pity.

Well, he could have played it but he lost the .... "gist" of it? Both Myth and The Black Company are focused on poor fucks barely surviving in a low-magic setting. I can't get what he wanted to do with the Anime Sword.

Ask him to let you to blow up stuff with dwarven explosives next time. Gotta be better than Anime Sword shenanigans.

As I've said, his next campaign was remarkably better - and the upcoming one should be absolutely great.
It's just he made a lot of mistakes the first time, anime sword of bullshit being the one I hated the most.

Broken XP loop. As a 20th level wizard in 3.5, you could burn you xp down to seventeenth on wishes and then just thought bottle your back to 250 xp points lower than what you started at, IIRC.

Haha, good one. Almost rused.

What? What bloody mechanism does that?

A brick.

A sword that instead of adding a bonus, subtracts 6 from enemy attack and defense rolls. Coupled with a shield that subtracts 5 from attacking rolls for a total of -11 on incoming attacks, as well as being able to shield bash every third round for slightly less damage than the sword.

The reason they did this was that the sword and shield had an enchantment on them that did not allow anyone to perceive them as a sword or a shield. Not that it replaced how they perceived them with something else, people were just incapable of registering them as they were, and the resulting cognitive conflict caused the detriments to attacks/defense.

Might not seem like a lot, but in the system an item that added +3d6 to your roll was considered unbelievably good, and this not-sword and not-shield more or less negated 3d6 worth of someone's roll, assuming average rolls.

Is the from the 40k greentext, or is this some other exceptional brick?

>Jitte
>Not Force of Will

>I shiggy diggy

Force of Will is the card that keeps the crazy decks in check in Legacy, but man, is its saturation annoying.

I play 4 of them in Miracles.

Tau riptide suits are technically armour.

Not just technically. It's an armor both in lore and by the rules.

but Force of Will isn't an item or equipment.

40k Grav weapons.

It's a World of Darkness brick. But it still transcends several time lines.

That is how you do overpowered right

>Can't handle the power of the Tools.
Fucking royalist pleb.