Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

When was the last time your animal companion, familiar, or whatever died on you? How?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67597/crusaders-n-shit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood
youtu.be/aRukV7FxxA4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Detroit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Jolly is not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need right now.

What do you mean?

> /pfg/
> Degenerate foxgirl in the OP
> Again and again, and again
Really makes you think

>the last one wasn't
>nor the one before that
You're out of your element, Donny.

/pfg/ Games
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66875/wrath-of-the-raunchy
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67597/crusaders-n-shit
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood

You want foxgirls? I got some.

Except that isn't degenerate? It's just cute and colorful? No lewd pose? It's a child? Also with a legitimate, non-lewd non-fetishy non-kitsune question?

user do you need a hug?

I avoid this because familiars and companions, while mechanically useful, are awful to manage and I keep wanting to kill myself if I have one.

I just pretend one of my party members is a familiar since one of them has a strange habit of constantly making Grippli PC's.

Get a shikigami kami familiar. Its merge with ward ability means that whenever a fight happens, it can poof out of existence, then reappear once the fight is over.

Different user. I like the tattooed sorcerer for familiar issues.

So I'm about to start in a new game. Core only. Plan to play a wizard.

Do you think item creation feats are worth it? I always have heaps of trouble with caster feats.

Also can't decide on being a conjurer or a universalist.

Depends on the downtime you'll be allowed.

>Do you think item creation feats are worth it?

Absolutely. Putting aside the benefits of being able to make magic items custom tailored to your party, they also mean that you're doubling all the money used to create magic items.

If you go conjurer, make sure that you can play with summoned creatures without spending ten minutes every time you take a turn.

It has been described as a sandbox game, so i'm running under the assumption that we will have the time to craft things.

Yeah if I went conjurer I would probably print out all the stat blocks for the summonable creatures to save time.

Absolutely, then. Craft up 5 Cyclops Helms for your toughest melee striker and tell him to swap them out between crits.

How does pfg feel about automatic bonus progression or innate item bonuses

ABP is a good idea but with poor implementation.

The innate item bonus system linked in the pastebin is pretty good.

cursed razor style on harbinger a terrible idea? i was sort of taken with it at first but after thinking it over i don't think i'll need it between Malevolence and Grasp of Darkness

It's not bad. There's much worse you could go for, but for a harbinger you probably want to get more maneuvers known and readied.

Dark Allure/Authority are also pretty good.

i've been finding harbinger is full of great feats. almost too many.

Yep, that's Harbinger, alright.

Stat me

How is the trove doesn't have the latest material yet?

Cayhound.
Stats are in Inner Sea Bestiary.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Is shalelu the town bike in sandpoint.

Who in Sky Pirates has the best character art thus far?

Going to be honest here I'm leaning DHB

DHB for game 2017

Guy hasn't done his back story or character yet.

What character? His application is almost completely empty. Like so many others.

1969 put a man on the moon
2017 puts a DHB in a game

Character art, not character most characters are empty

This is your BBEG, wat do?

Does he really deserve a game? He's made the honorable mention 4 times now. Perhaps it is not honor!

The facial scaring leads me to believe she is a disguised undead. Guise of life serial killer ghoul vigilante.

Approach with caution. Those scars are just clues to the location of its toothy maw.

Oh, durr.

In that case, I like the tengu.

As a wizard I cannot underestimate the strength of any opponent. I set loose a magic contagion to blight the world and hide away in my own personal demi-plane forever.

Detect Evil!

Gotta agree, the guy's doing a lot to help meet people half way and is willing to take criticism, which is more than I can say for other devs.

I've used that tengu picture before. A+ would recommend.

I might get another picture for Neboa. I feel it's too recognizable for the game.

>2hu_makes_a_sky_pirate

Those scars hint she belonged to the Iron Maidens, Queen Ileosa's guard de corps, and by the glow on her hand she may be a magus with a touch spell ready to be discharged.

my sides

I know I'm ready to be discharged from her touch.

2hu prefers crossdressing foxboys though

>Can I use Agile Dancer?
>Can I use Orator?
>Can I use Blood Money?
>Can I use Fey Obedience?

>Handjob with vampiric touch.
>This kills the arsehanite paladin.

>That is all excessive. You're building toward the focus of one stat and flexibility into other areas without consideration for theme or reasonable character creation. A character is more than just their stats.
>I've decided blood money is off the table completely. What is your goal and concept here? What are you making? I would prefer not to have to worry about whether someone is looking to try and steal the show. I would definitely prefer a character that makes sense, above all else. It looks like high linguistics with a lot of disguise and probably knowledges. How does Magdh fit in here?

Be nice. It's kind of hard to expect a 2hubuild.

I'll just rub some lay on hands on it afterwards and be fresh in the morning.

>implying you can't explain anything in character creation with some creativity

It is the same thing every time.
>some kind of trap
>int boost through the roof
>social skills as mind control
>crafting to cheese builds

Nothing really special. Mechanics over fluff even if it doesnt make sense

Man, 2hu was willing to write like a 2,000 word backstory for Molthune knights, I wouldn't put it past him to write another 2,000 words.

>Smite evil with the dick.
>Roll crit
>Slo-mo scene of a super punch but with your phallus breaking the face of the evil bitch instead of your fist.

>What is your goal and concept here? What are you making? I would prefer not to have to worry about whether someone is looking to try and steal the show. I would definitely prefer a character that makes sense, above all else. It looks like high linguistics with a lot of disguise and probably knowledges. How does Magdh fit in here?
For example, Lords of the Wheel style balance above all assassin who worships Magdh and carries out her will of murder to prevent foretold catastrophe. Does so with powerful magics and bladework.

This is what 2hu would do, he already tried to go Lords of the Wheel in another game.

2hu treats chargen as a riddle to solve, or a toolbox optimization challenge. Things like Orator are those they "solved" and include in most builds. Backstory is something relatively easy to justify, really.

Why does Orator go in every build?

By the power of Arshea!
youtu.be/aRukV7FxxA4

Because it links Linguistics (and thus Int) to the useful parts of three different skills, and the Skill Focus requirement is largely irrelevant because it directly improves the skill you're using. Linguistics itself is also useful.

So, not going for ultimate cheese here but as an example one of my DM's wanted me to explain why I chose to go Orator and Int to Perform (Dance). I think it was Clever Wordplay? I can't recall.

So my explanation was that my character wasn't confident. They didn't have grace, or a magnetic personality. Instead they were a quick learner, and enjoyed studying things they didn't understand, and becoming learned enough to back up what they can say in given conversations. They could learn traditional dances to make up for their lack of natural rhythm, they could learn proper court etiquette through study and observation of others in formal occasions. They could use the knowledge they have over opponents to intimidate them as opposed to raw force of personality.

Is that a fine enough explanation?

Maybe he is mistaken of its meaning and thinks it gives you bonus to Perform (fellatio).

Because it is efficient

>spending two feats just for social skills
>TWO FEATS
>for something that rarely comes up

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

"Japan was a mistake."
-God

See that is fine on its own. And each piece on its own is usually fine. But when you combine them all together in a method that is clearly designed to either push the limits of what the GM will allow or invalidate the rolls of as many other players as possible, then it is a no go.

iirc the last character he made had +30 to diplomacy at level 3. But again, it links back into the whole vs. the parts issue. His backstory was using diplomacy as mind control.

Well in the case of my character, who was an Elven Warder, I had to fulfill the role of being the face AND being one of the front line. I wasn't really in the mood for a traditional Charisma character so I came up with the whole Orator thing to help with Warder using Int. (I tossed on Int to Dancing for fun, really.)

Dreamscarred recently released new PoW classes/archetypes, Medic and Roil Dancer, is there a verdict already on their viability/OPness?

Is esoteric magus viable? I want to make a punch mage, and the idea of giving someone a 10,000-volt right hook to the face makes me sexually excited.

>wat do?

I think you know wat do.

By the time you fight BBEGs anyway, alot of PCs quickly learn to not trust based on appearances anyway

So, nothing a good old fashioned murderhoboism using a sword or magic cant fix, in a straight fight

It really depends on what kind of game you are playing. If you are just diving into dungeons then that will be a waste but if you want to be able to solve as many problems as you can then it is efficient. Not everything has to be +x to CL if you are a wizard.

You quickly forget what happened the last time Rance fucked a BBEG.

Medic makes in combat healing viable. Solid, does its job, nothing too fancy. Feels a bit dry in that there's little interaction between its medic features and its full initiating.
It's like "hey this guy is a healer but oh yeah on the side they're also super good at combat".

The Sanguinist archetype is the most notable, it plays pretty fun but also became a really good one-level dip for any WIS based unarmed build.

Roil Dancer is a challenge to figure out: it's got a lot of moving parts in and of itself and has the added barrier that you need to understand the 1pp kineticist first, which is no easy feat either.
However I've been playing one and found it a bunch of fun. Damage is fairly standard: nothing compared to full initiators but you're an actually /competent kineticist/ now. Also if you choose your element right (read: if you choose aether), you have a lot of strong out of combat utility as well.
Roil Dancer stacks with Avant Guard, interestingly, but makes the class extra fiddly to play until you get a real 0 burn blast at level 7.

Maybe I should take a look at Roil Dancers and Kineticist...

I was also interested in Sanguinist as well purely for the flavor of it. The way the suck out blood does remind me of JoJo vampires where that is exactly how they do it. I was already pondering on a Broken Blade oriented build for a while, I am going to give this a shot

C'mon, that was one time. What are the odds of a repeat?

Anyone else find gestalts really hard to make? I just feel overwhelmed like I have to optimize at least a little but but then I get choice paralysis.

I'm doing this for my next campaign, she'll start off the story as a scarred beggar girl and claw her way up to bitch queen of the world in time for the final battle.

I have the opposite problem. I have a couple of gestalt characters that I like but are never suitable for any campaigns.

Even better if you can somehow get the party to be the reason shecs scarred.

Trade me? There are too many options and what I think sounds cool really just overlaps. So far I have it narrowed down to
>Slayer||Cultist/Serial Killer Vigilante/Alchemist/Witch

>user do you need a hug?
Yes.

>His backstory was using diplomacy as mind control.

Using Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate to get a fort's commander to surrender even when the fort could have beaten back the attackers easily?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Detroit

Wow, does this mean they had legit mind control back in 1812?

I don't think anyone here realizes just how much crazy unbelievable bullshit has happened in historical wars.

What game? And what are you trying to do?

It will be ok user. Trust.

>What game?
Bathe Yourself In Blood
>And what are you trying to do?
Something assassin haha. I really wanted something along the lines of the Morag Tong from Morrowind. I really liked the idea of Writ killings and Mephala. I was going to use this art and do Symbiotic Vigilante but it seemed to be a popular idea.

Well it looks like 2hu already answered that.

Ah, I saw that game, but my assassin-type guy is reformed and does strictly nonlethal, so again not suitable for game. I have never played Morrowind so I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about.

>samsaran

Here comes the Bard spell list poaching.

To be fair it fits seamlessly with the First World reincarnation thing.

What class is he??

Can I ask for advice on building my PF setting here, or does that go in a different thread?

The Morag Tong were the only legal assassin guild to operate. They had to call themselves a Guild and were able to make Writs of Execution to solve problems where the only recourse was death. They worshiped basically a spider demon of sex, lies and murder whos whole deal was pulling strings and setting up grand plots.

Looks like white mage design on the clothes and no armor, so maybe a white mage?

Have you considered doing something spidery for your other half?

He could have a mithral chain shirt or some such shit.