Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: A Bunker o' fun! Edition

So we all have our orders, correct? ...Good, Then you all know that we'll be attacking the bunker complex through the prototype power generator itself! Well more specifically, it's ventilation systems.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zb6E2
youtube.com/watch?v=5jZ6LIam6Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=uu4pMJI1aWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the ventilaton systems have been long overdue a rehauling, leaving some of the large tunnels open and ready for infiltration, its either that or the tight foxholes that lead a webway of tunnels trough the ground

>the heretics are sure to fortify the large exhaust tunnels with defenses, but that is why the imperial guard exists. The rain finaly stops falling and the sky is opened by sun rays, the large metal tunnel gleams under it secured in concrete, from inside dark whispers and echoing faint roars, teasing and taunting the imperials

>The time to advance is now or never

For new players looking to join, it's suggested you come into discord. Makes this easier is all
discord.gg/zb6E2

>As she waits for the signal to join the assault team within the ventilation tunnels, Isabelle would be seated next to a crate. Her eyes closed, and her hands clasp together, as she prays to the Emperor for success.

>Malak and his team of Scions would be prepped, and ready to go at a moment's notice. Especially after the more three weeks of fighting he and his men had been doing on planet, he was ready to make the heretics pay for every wasted moment of it.
>He'd make one last check however, to see that all of his equipment was in tip-top shape. Just to be on the safe side of things.

>Once he had finished his final check, he would let out a sigh of relief.

Good... Now I won't have to worry about my gear breaking, or going missing halfway through those tunnels...

>Hushed whispers come from inside the tunnels urging them, they echo in the mind

Come.. come..come..leave..come..leave..come..leave..leave..come..leave..come..leave..leave..come

just wanted to say that there's some reasons as to why I still can't be back fully, I'll figure it out, good to know threads are still a thing

>Arrives, clad in looted carpace chestplate in addition to his flak armor
Reporting for duty, sir!
>quickly shouts before saluting Malak
Try an' decide!

Uhhh...I'm not sure if I like this...
>Deckard nervously shivers, Alexei grumbles and shrugs it off, sighing

>the voices roar into a metalic echo, like a blast from the metal tunnel

COME!

Aye, sir!
>turns to the tunnel
No need to shout... Well, at least yer decided.

"I'd rather not, really, but I appreciate the offer!"

>Although he'd be shaking his head at the sight before him. Underneath, and hidden behind his helmet would be a small smile.
>When he speaks though, it is with the authority of a drill sergeant.

Don't you dare wreak that, understood trooper? Otherwise you'll be disrespecting the Valkyrie you took it from.

#
Just keep close, and follow the plan.

And if for some reason the plan breaks apart or fails---

>He'd place a hand upon the demo-charges on his pack.

-- we switch over to plan B...

#
>His eye would twitch ever so slightly at the voice coming from the tunnel.

>"Yeah, yeah... We heard you the first time..."

>With this, he would begin making his way in.

>The man would let out a small chuckle at the Penal Guardsman's words.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard a "Kane" say "no" to an invitation to "come".

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>clang clang Ding crash
>some shouting before being drowned out in a furious estatic metalic voice

FREE FROM BONDAGE ATLAST, I CANNOT WAIT NO LONGER, DEATH ON THE IMPERIAL SWINE
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!

>From inside the darknes of the tunnel shine two red lights that grow bigger and louder, metalic stomping increases in volume as a huge chaos dreadnought comes into light, blood red in color and with a crazed look in it's glowing eye orbs

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOOOD!

>It's autocannon blasts randomly at the imperials as it charges in a straight line to meet them in glorious melee

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Well, that's big!
>leaps for cover

Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>Malak would curse his luck, before quickly taking cover.

WHO THE HELL PLACES A FUCKING CHAOS DREADNOUGHT, INSIDE A BUNKER'S FUCKING VENTILATION SYSTEM!?!

>He'd quickly harm, and then toss a Melta Grenade towards it. Before once again speaking out against this.

Better yet... HOW DID THEY EVEN FIT THAT THING IN HERE!?!

Rolled 1, 8 = 9 (2d20)

>They fire off bullets into the thing from the lasgun, Deckard taking his gun and hiding behind the man

>Meanwhile... At the far end of the Bunker complex...

>Micheal B'Ork, and a handful of his Orks have finished fighting their way towards the area containing the Prototype Plasma Generator, that once powered the city. The hallways behind him are covered in bullet casings and dead bodies.

Now d'en... Allz we'z gotta do, is open dis 'ere door, an' cause enough damage ta da glowy pow'ah f'ing, ta cause it ta wanna X'plode. D'en we'z use our tunnels ta escape to our ships, an' escape da planet before d'em Imperial Boyz decides ta drop in.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>the massive creaking walker legs stomp over Ragaa's cover as it's dulled sights are set on juicier targets

>the melta bounces off it's chestplate and explodes infront of it, overloading it's optical sensors but leaving it undamaged

>deckard's gun bounces off the dread's chestplate and Alexei's shots dont pierce it's thick hide

AAAAAAAAAARGH, BLASTED CURS, I WILL GRIND YOUR BONES TO MUSH!

>The dreadnaught's power claw swings to cleave trough the one who threw the melta, suffering -2 due to being practicaly blind for one turn

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>Deckard, flashed by the explosion, throws his gun away, smashing it against the Dreadnought
>Alexei growls and fires his lasgun at him

Rolled 18 - 3 (1d20 - 3)

>Tries to climb on its back despite the chaos of combat

Rolled 28 (1d100)

>Alexei growls as his gun jams
>he, once again, tries to hold his madness in

Rolled 6 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>It seems it's sensor's really were momentarily damaged by the blast, seeing as how it just swung in the opposite direction.
>Using this momentary opening. Malak would quickly pull out one of the Demo charges from his pack, and would quickly slap it onto the back of the Dreadnought, before bolting towards cover.
>Adding plus five since he placed it right on the damn thing.

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>the savage man manages to climb the metal backpipes of the blood hungry dread

>the optics reset and look at Malak as he slaps the demo charge into Ragaa's hands who was in the way

>the red eyes look at the human and it says nothing, finding it's target
>The power claw swings

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>fires krak missle

>Deep inside the heretical stronghold, a dark Apothecary makes his way to the command zone, a small trail of pus and mucus as he walks by.

>He aims to speak with the leader of the heretic forces operating on this world.

>Malak's armour manages to take the worst of the blow, although the he is sent flying from the sheer force of the attack. Causing him to him a faraway wall, and go unconscious. Out of the fight for now.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

>Seeing her own brother get slammed I to a wall angers the diminutive looking noble women.
>As such, she begins firing bolts of air sizzling Plasma at the mechanical monstrosity.

Rolled 13 - 2 (1d20 - 2)

BY THE HAG'S SAGGY-
>places the demo charge on top of the exhaust ports and attempts to jump out of the way, his rather panicked and high-pitched scream cut short by the explosion

>the missle flies trough the air and bounces on the slope of the armor, making it hit the ceiling

HAHAHA! AAAAAAAAARRRGH!

>the massive metal body charges at isabelle and her impotent attempts to shoot the dreadnought dead and as it's claw reaches out the demo charge rips the dreadnought in two with a mighty melta explosion

>it's powerclaw slams into the ground before isabelle and it's red eyes stare at her for a moment before they die

-----------------
>MEANWHILE
>the nurglite is surrounded by the gold and blue faces of the rubic marines as they form a circle around him, the leader's voice echoing trough the dark warp patterns in the air

What do you desire of ussss?

>starts wildly bashing the exploded remnants until he calms down
"Ugh...it happened again..."

I have run out of bodies on my laboratory, that means that I have no organs to replace for the few wounded we're picking up, and, most importantly, no more bodies for me to experiment with, I must admit I carve for more greenskin arms, their rigid, easily healed fungoid systems merge well with cultist torsos...

>He takes slow, deep breaths every five or six words, the mechanic rebreather gives a synthetic noise everytime. It is obvious that his lungs are either putrid as hell or full of pustules.

>Isabelle goes still as the power claw impales the ground mere inches from where she is standing. Her knees shaking, before she falls flat onto her bottom.
>Her breath is heavy, as adrenaline runs through her veins.
>When she had managed to calm down slightly, she'd quickly stand up, before making her way over to check on her brother.

>One of the Scions, a Medicae from the look of it, would be examining Malak. A look of relief on his face.

>"He'll be fine... Just unconscious for now. I'll stay with him until he wakes up. Take him back if need be. You guys go ahead."
>Isabelle would nod, and thank the man, before going and picking up Malak's Demo-charges.

>Turning to face the others, Isabelle, with a look of determination in her Amethyst like eyes, would speak up.

Let's keep going. We've got a aways to go before we end up at our target.

>With that she would press forward.

Well that could have gone better.

We should have not taken those 5 centuries old ordnance in the armory.

Sound Off! Who's alive?

>Shouldering the demo charges, Isabelle would speak up.

I'm here Lieutenant.

>The eight other scions would speak up.

>One is standing in the rubble of a giant
"Here..."
>One is hiding behind shrubbery
"Here, sir!"

>the rest of the way into the dark underground bunker complex is clear, an empty abandoned iron sarcophagus was used to contain the mighty walker as a shock troop to shake the imperials up

>the voices speak again, urging them to come forward deeper into the darkness

Do not bother us with such trivialities, use what you find, leave us be.
>the rubic marines are motionless like statues

Me... Damn, that was close...
>Has a large chunk of shrapnel jutting from his back, but seems fine otherwise

We are loosing ground, I could unleash some of my experiments on the field. -if- I could complete them.

I was thinking that someone with enough power to command Rubric Marines would have already foreseen the outcome of this battle at it's current form.

>He sounds very calm over the whole statement.

We've just lost another ancient dreadnought, his wrath will be missed on the field. I can either give us a strike force that will win us hours of time for you to finish your business or I can throw them unfinished works and win minutes. Either way I win the bodies of the outcome. The matter is how many bodies on their side you want compared to the ones in ours.

Alright, perform equipment check and munitions count.

We are going in.

>Back at the Imperial FOB. Melissa would be hoping,and praying, for the safe return of the strike force.
>Even more so, she'd be hoping for the safe return of Ragaa. As well as an end to the nausea she'd be feeling...

>The Diminutive trooper of the 277th Orvustillian Mechanised Infantry Regiment, would nod her head. As the group presses forward.

>the rubic marines stare at him expressionlessly
Take what you need, i give you permission
Make the imperials suffer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

>The air around the imperials sarts to shivver and quake, they can hear many whispers around them and the air is thick with smells, odd smells of iron and sweat and whispering and shuffling

>Everyone roll d100

Alright. Trooper take your squad and take point.

Me and the uh... Less stellar troops will take the rear.

Oh they will... my pets are hungry for the flesh of the living they once were part of...
>He pats the head of one of the few creatures he's made from the dead before leaving

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Stand Firm!

Rolled 74 (1d100)

>The diminutive private would cast a confused look at the oddly cowardly looking CO, before simply nodding her head and taking point.

Rolled 29 (1d100)

What do we have here?

Rolled 83, 50 = 133 (2d100)

>Alex stands firmly, Kane collapses into.a fetal ball

Rolled 9, 18 = 27 (2d20)

>Deckard and Alexei can see the warp magic flutter and see shilouettes of chaos cultists in a prowl, ready to strike
>Isabelle happened to bump into a chaos psyker, who grabs her by the shoulders after she breaks his illusion of invisibility and leans to her under the hood a mass of dark tentacles stretch out to her

>the cultists in prowl reveal themselves after the psyker is disturbed and attack the imperials whom did not notice them (Aka all who failed the rolls)
>1. roll Rex
>2. roll Raaga

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>Isabelle quickly pushes herself away from the man, before letting loose a torrent of hot, sizzling blue plasma at him with her Plasma Gun.

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>pulls out combat knife
Watch out! Close quarters!
>stabs nearest attacking cultist.

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>gets stabbed in the gut
Wha-Argh! Damn you!
>Answers with a swing of lasgun stock

Rolled 3, 8 = 11 (2d20)

>Deckard screeches and kicks a Cultist in the face
>Alexei growls and prowls at his cultist

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>The scions quickly let forth a hail of lasers, and other assorted weapons fire into the cultists.

Rolled 2, 12, 7, 9, 4 = 34 (5d20)

>the plasma rips off the psyker's head and unleashes a demon inside his skin, an octopus looking humanoid, the human body leans forward and the tentacles extend to Isabelle's face in effort to grab her (1st roll)

>the culist screams in agony as the knife sinks into his gut

>the gun stock is dodged and the cultist grabs it, wrestling Raaga for the gun (2nd roll)

>their melee attacks are parried or dodged, they attempt to fight the two with bare fists and boots (3 and 4 roll)

>their shots miss or are dodged, the cultists are upon them with daggers, bayonettes and clubs (5th roll)

Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d20)

>Deckard tries to yank his foot away, kicking the man with the other one
>Alexei misses the ponce and chargess headfirst

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>They quickly ditch their weapons, and bring themselves into melee with the cultists, their various swords and armaments prepped and ready for a fight

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>Johan punches the stabbed cultist pulls brandishes his laspistol and fires at the cultists

>Isabelle quickly lets out a shrill sounding shriek, before pulling away from, and bathing the apparently rather rapey Daemon with Plasma fire.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

forgot to roll.

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Stuggles against the cultist, the normally much stronger feral worlder weakened by his wounds
>tug of war for lasgun begins

Rolled 11, 3, 17, 10 = 41 (4d20)

>the kick hits hard armor and is useless, the steel leg kicks back (1st roll)
>Alexei misses his heabutt and gets thrown over a heretic's shoulder, who then mounts him and proceeds to Ufc his face with his fists (2nd roll)
>the illusion powers are still washing off and they flicker in and out of sight, the Scions miss their first attacks as the cultists fully solidify and their wicked jagged blades dance on the imperials (3rd roll)
>Free target to choose and kill

>the demon is purged by searing plasma back into the warp and the empty clothes of the psyker float to the ground

>the lasgun is pulled out of his hands and it's butt stock rammed at Raaga's face (4th roll)

Rolled 20, 17 = 37 (2d20)

"HEY! NOT THE BLOODY FAMILY JEWELS!"
>He tries to hold his leg and pull him down
"YOU HIT LIKE A CHILD!"
>Alexei hits back

---------------
>the mass graves of both civilians, slave, cultist and ork is shown to the dark apothecary, its runnin dry, but it has some usable flesh in it

>rex takes aim at Raaga's assailant
That's guard property, you little shit!
>fires for free kill

Rolled 15, 9 = 24 (2d20)

>Attempts to dodge (1st roll)
>After which he punches the cultist (2nd roll)

Rolled 5 (1d20)

>Isabelle, now free of rapey Daemons, turns her gun towards the cultist engaged in CQC with Ragaa, and fires at him.

Rolled 1 (1d5)

>Howling is heard coming from further in heretic territories, the monstruous sounds echo through the shattered ruins of the city.

>Rolling to see how many turns they'll take to come

This will do nicely heheheh...

Thanks!
>disengages the cultists and draws chainsword, preparing for the source of the noise to arrive

Rolled 6 (1d20)

>Although several casualties are taken, the Scions fight ever on.

Rolled 1 (1d20)

>the heretic's leg breaks with a loud crack and it's owner passes out from the pain with a shriek
>his hits make the heretic's face turn red before a good shot knocks the heretical man out cold, slumping over to the side

>Raaga dodges the gun stock, the las shot kills the heretic with a head shot and his punch pushes the body off him before it's cremated by the plasma shot

>The scions's melee is ineffective against such crafty and flashy moves, the many limbs claw and slash, their colorful armor and mutated skins dancing as Scion after Scion is taken down and slain (roll for continuing attack)

Rolled 16 (1d20)

>Since she has nothing to fight, Isabelle, would quickly arm a demo charge, before tossing it in the direction from whence the Creature would be coming from.

Rolled 2 (1d20)

>The Scions would never be able to live this down if they allowed the heretics to win this fight. Their status as Scions demands they win.

"Did...did that just happen?"
>Kane loots the corpse for weapons and valuables
>Alexei simply stomps the heretic's face in before looking towards the sounfs

Rolled 17 (1d20)

>fires a salvo of las shots in support of the remaining scions.

>Lt. Rex's las fire saves the Scions from the heretical mutants and acolytes, their back turned and luck low the shots in their rear slay them to the last

>Deckard finds something interesting inside the cultist's pocket, a pink-purple looking pearl on a neckchain, his stubber pistol is still in his heretical holster

youtube.com/watch?v=5jZ6LIam6Hk
>The sound reveals itself as warpspawns bred in laboratories using Dark Alchemy of the Lord of Decay, agile despite their putrid forms, moving to round the party in a circle.

>But they are interrupted by a well placed demolition charge effectively keeping them together as they roar their announcement to the mortals they so much wish to prey upon.

"...."
>he puts the neklace around his neck, grinning
>he takes the stubber and locks and loads it

Come here uglies... Those pink ball thingies might have run away, but yer will send 'em my regards in whatever hell you belong to!

Rolled 13 (1d20)

>Johan flicked his laspistol in max power
Oh no, im not dancing this majigger.
>Johan fires red hot retribution at the monstrosities

Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>>The Scion's nod their heads towards the officer and his men. Silent thanks for his assistance.

>But they quickly turn their attentions towards the warpsmif, now in one collected location thanks to Isabelle.
>In unison they pick up their weapons and open fire. Sending streams of lasers, a few grenades, and even some Melta shots towards them.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

"Oh dear..."
>he fires his stubber

Rolled 3 (1d20)

>Isabelle would quickly regroup with he others before bathing the Monsters in boiling hot Plasma fire.

Rolled 10, 18 = 28 (2d20)

>Flinching by the damage suffered, the beasts take a few steps back, but true to nurgle's ressilience none of them die...

>Some jump to the roof to avoid the shooting the ones on the ground are taking, their numbers are small (10 in total) but they're daemonspawns after all, less have killed more than the number of members this strike team has.

One of them strikes against the power cables on the section, effectively getting rid of the lights on the area.

>One of the horrors jumps straight on top of Ragaa aiming to cut his arms to disarm him.

>The others attack the scions from the darkness with prehensile tongues...

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>Several of the Scions are cut down by the foul warpspawn.
>The rest are quick to flip on their shoulder lights, and open fire upon the beasts devouring their friends.

Rolled 20, 7 = 27 (2d20)

>Attempts to dodge (1st roll) and counterattack (2nd roll)

Rolled 13 (1d20)

Form up!
Stick together!
Use flares!
>Johan throws a flare
>and fires at the sprinting shadows

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Isabelle would let out a shriek as the beasts year the flesh from the Scions. But she quickly collects herself, and starts firing at them. Determined to end the monsters' foul existances.

Rolled 9, 4 = 13 (2d20)

>Deckard fires off more bullets
>Alexei jumps at one of the beasts, punching it

>LOUD OVERBEARING SCREECHING

Rolled 6 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>Several shots would echo through the darkened passages, their targets being the warpspawn attacking the group.
>Making his way through this side passage, and followed closely by three members of Theta Gamma's 3rd infantry company, would be Major Cabarello, in his hands is a pistol

>I wake up
>I am in a slaneeshi torture chamber.
WHAT THE FUCK! GOD! AGH! MY ANUS, IT HURTS! GARY! HANK!, FUCK!.

NNNNNGH, NEED TO GET OUT. WELL, THERE IS ONE THING
>There is a lasgun lying around
NEED TO REACH.

please head into discord. We'll explain what's going on, alright?

>the sound of bolter fire and chainswords revving can be heard from down a corridor and around a corner

Rolled 10, 10, 20, 12 = 52 (4d20)

youtube.com/watch?v=uu4pMJI1aWg
>The Scions and Rex effectively kill one of the 10 warpspawns with their combined firepower, the flare blinding the others around it slightly, stunning them.

>Ragaa evades the attacks and gets the warpspawn off him, but his attacks are stopped by the monster's own claws.
>It roars at him, the shriek does actually hurt the ears and possibly disorients him (1st roll)
>Their attacks against their rotten flesh are proven futile as the creatures don't even flinch, roaring at them before jumping over each of them (Second, third and fourth roll in the following order: Alexei, Deckard and Andre)