Gangs of Comorragh

So, my local sold out of this and it's on order for me. However I already own a bunch of Reavers part assembled and it'd be nice to see what the warband creations rules are so I know what to build etc.

Anyone else been playing this yet? How're you finding it? Any chance for pictures of the warband building?

nice thread shill

Hi, 4chans! I can't wait to play WARHAMMER 40,000 GANGS OF CORMORRAGH, the new exciting boxed game from GAMES WORKSHOP!

I'm going to play with my friends while EATING FRESH with a FIVE DOLLAR FOOTLONG from SUBWAY, and if we need an energy boost, instead of wych cult combat drugs we'll DO THE DEW with some GAMER FUEL

sent from my iphone 6

Amusing.

In all seriousness though, if anyone has pictures of the warband creation rules they'd be greatly appreciated.

Pic related.

No out yet here. Is that necromunda 2.0 or a simplistic racing game between hellions and reavers?

Listen man, here's how it works: You can hide, report and go on with your life, you can write some useful reply, or you can go "ablooblooo I don't like OP" and waste everyone's time in the process, including your own. Only two of those choices belong to the mature, intelligent human being that we all know you are, deep down. So try to act like one.

From what I can tell it's basically X-Wing-esque mechanics for dogfighting between reavers/hellions/a mix, with Necromunda-esque campaign rules.

Bumping this, hoping it can take off and gets expansions, the concept is cool so if someone can give us more info about it that'd be great.

Does it have new bases? Because I don't see how x-wing style movement could work with round bases.

Seriously consider killing yourself.

Looks like it uses a similar arc and focus system, but actual movement is generally straight, with agility tests for extra turns etc. Hard to say, since I'm the one asking for the rules, heh.

>it's basically X-Wing-esque mechanics
You see, I don't get this. People keep going on about "durr it's just GW's answer to xwing" like it's a thing. About the only similarity this game shares with xwing is hunter-hunted mechanic, or target lock thing? I played xwing only a couple times.

This is not trying to be 40k xwing. This is just a one-off boardgame with campaign rules. It seems more like biker gangs at war in the wilderness than space combat between fighter ships.

I really believe xwing players are so insecure about their game i find it funny considering how popular it is.

Made a start at least.

At work now, so posting from memory. The game suggests 750pts for your gang. You pay for riders who are leveled based on their skill 1-4. Higher level is better at maneuvers. Level 1 is fresh meat or new blood or something, level 4 is champ/helliarch.
Off the top of my head: level 1 is 25, 2 is 50, 3 is 100, and 4 is like 160 or something.
A skyboard costs like 35 and a bike is 50.
Only level 4 can take melee weapons, bike weapons I believe can be anyone.
Agonizer and power sword are 5, stun claw is a free side grade for helliarch.
Heat Lance/blaster is 15pts. Grav talon is 5. Caltrops are 15. Bike upgrades hurt your maneuver stat tho.

You can play one off battles, or a campaign. In campaigns, you roll on some tables to determine what the winner gets and what conditions are and such. You can split your gang into smaller groups for more money, but divide too small and you won't win fights. You use your money to buy upgrades (new weapons, hire new members, special rules) but you have to pay your gang first, based on their level.
Fighters who die have a chance to be permanently killed, sit out the next fight, or be fine.
There's also a system for fighters gaining xp, which can raise their level.

Very nice, thank you!

Continuing this.
I haven't actually played yet, but here's what I remember from the rules.

Bikes are faster, tougher, and have longer range than boards. Boards are more agile than bikes tho.

There's a hunter/quarry mechanic that influences turn order and gives hit bonuses for being behind someone.
You can turn before or after your straight line movement, with additional options based on a 2d6 check against the difficulty of the maneuver. Some are specific to bikes or boards. Higher levels give bonuses.
Attacking is also a 2d6 roll vs enemy agility, with a bunch of modifiers taken into effect.
Every weapon has a kill roll, which if reached on the damage roll will destroy the target. If not, they're just damaged, which reduces their stats and makes it easier to kill them next time.

Also you can mix reavers and hellions in a gang, but it hurts your chances during the opening of the game. Basically you are more likely to be ambushed than doing the ambushing.

Alright, finished the first one.

Funny, where I am at people call it "DE or Harlequin army booster pack" :) .

Because that's really what it is. It's a better fucking deal than the start collecting bundles. The way I see it too, is GW is saying "hey, here's $130 worth of models for $60, and a free bonus game with a little terrain and rulebooks and tokens!"

Hot damn, this is not the same GW I new like 5 years ago

I'm a sucker for campaign skirmish games, so I ordered one and I don't even collect Deldar. For that price may as well.

Love the look. What's the fluff on deldar harlies, actually? Is that A Thing?

the GW i grew up with printed the proto-Necromunda rules (confrontation) in white dwarf. no need to buy a box.

That is actually pretty sick. Dig those colors.

Cheers. Wasn't sure if green for the mask was a good idea or not. It's certainly striking, but not sure if porcelain white would have been better.

I dig it at least. Really visually striking and plays well into deldar aesthetics

it is gorkamorka 2

I loved Gorkamorka and still play it now and then, though with Muties. So a similar game with jetbikes is a-ok.

Honestly think the game looks pretty neat. My biggest issues rules wise are how turn order for each phase is just decided by a roll off.

This is some classic GW game "design". Anything they can't figure out or be arsed about they just make it random or a dice off.

It's not game breaking and it's easy to fix but I wish the dubs would cut that shit out.

Not only do I not play DE this is the first thing GW have put out that I actually intend to play for 4 maybe 5 years. I've picked up GW minis to use in other games every now and again never one of their own systems.

It's just so cheap and the theme is so strong I decided to take a punt on it.

Pls, add pink to this and make it look like a totally rad 80's snowboarder.

Just how bad are Hellions on the table top? I want to run a wych cult, and I'm considering getting this. I already have 2 SC boxes, so that's 12 Reavers with this box, and I'm planning on my second box of wyches because I'm an idiot for 2 squads of 10 to go with my Succubus + Incubus.

Home now. Here's the reference sheet for actual values.

I've heard they're pretty bad and that has to be a pretty big influence on this game existing.

No one is buying Hellions, the rules aren't going to be updated, and it's probabley more economical to roll this game out than it is to start recycling sprues.

Thank you! That's fantastic stuff. 750 points to start right?

They're a 3/10 unit (with 5/10 being a unit that can acceptably fufill its intended battlefield role). Like everything in the DE list that isn't a Haemonculus creation, they can hit somewhat hard but drop like flies to enemy shooting. Given that they're a melee unit in a game that strongly favours shooting, that hurts them even more. Reavers can at least Jink (even if all the most popular armies laugh at cover saves), Hellions just float about and get killed. Hit and Run is useless, combat drugs are either ok or redundant depending on the roll.

That's a shame. Still, I might get them anyway because this box is a fucking steal.

I'm already running wyches, why not go for broke?

Yep. Of course they also say whatever you and your opponent agree on.

After some thought, and points values, I reckon I'll probably go with the following to start -

Arena Champion; Jetbike; Agoniser - 215

Experienced; Jetbike; Blaster - 120

Experienced; Jetbike; Blaster - 120

Experienced; Jetbike - 105

Fresh Meat; Jetbike - 75

Fresh Meat; Jetbike - 75

= 710

Split as champion/blaster/fresh and blaster/experienced/fresh for 2 starting groups to earn some cash.

So I decided to magnetize my minis since with it being a campaign game having all the options is really useful.

Reavers are pretty easy since you only really need to do the gun pod and it's a decent size.

I expected Hellions to be a bit of a pain but they take magnets pretty well, the only one that needs the magnets is the Helliarch but I might do them all anyway just in the unlikely event that I use more than one Helliarch.

If the threads still up tomorrow I might post some pics.

Not got my box yet and probably won't for a few days as it's on order, but I'm slowly putting together and magnetising the Reavers I've had since they were released. It'll be good to see your dudes too!

>sent from my iphone 6

Didn't lose it until that point. Well played, user.

Is clearly GW parroting. Like the rules-in-a-box, parroting WMH.

Did you not read my whole post? I don't see any parroting. It is not the same scale, not the same mechanics, not set in space. It's not even the same hobby, as in xwing there is no hobby.

Is there a game about biker gang skirmishes already on the market? Because GoC would be parroting that, because that's the impression I get from this game.

If anything, xwing is FFG parroting battlefleet gothic, and even that's a stretch.

You, understandably, put it on the perspective of a gamer. But you have to understand that is something asked by the marketing guys.

"Look, I see these competitors put rules in boxes, do the same"
"Look, I see these competitors put flying stuff with tokens on the table, that's what people want".
You could believe people in marketing are humans and reason like humans, but that's not true. They are a reasonable simulation of a human, but eventually their true nature and fucked up priorities come out.

However this was obviously not a marketing push. If it was a marketing push, it would be a game of upper atmosphere to space dogfights of the various fighters and bombers of the different races with a fully supported miniatures range, because that would be the widest appeal and most marketable in wake of the xwing success.

Instead it's a minor boardgame centered around a very small part of the universe that probably only 10% of the fanbase cares about. Just about the worst thing marketers would think of pushing to try "bringing back those xwing players"

This is why I believe its more of a creative initiative over a marketing initiative. The creators know commorragh hasn't been explored as much, and wanted to try a different sort of boardgame to delve into it, widen the knowledgebase of one of 40k's comparatively obscure elements.

Again, you are analysing it as a gamer. For marketing there is not "explore commorragh".

There is "flying stuff on stick + tokens".

Unless you are shilling, in that case just go fuck yourself, you fucking redshirt.

I can see you've run out of arguments and have devolved into insults. Go in peace and play your xwing.

Redshirt confirmed.
GW is parroting other systems since 2-3 years.

Many choices they made not related to nostalgia like Space Hulk ware parroting competitors. And because the whole "design team" is creatively bankrupt. They can get it right only when they call back old design.

He is right though.

That is literally how marketing works.

They don't look at themes.
They don't look at settings.
They don't look at miniatures.

All they see is: maneuver game on sticks with tokens is making another company money

Marketing then tells design "make a maneuver game on sticks with tokens"

The design team then makes something and tries to make it different enough to not seem like a copy to consumers. But from a Marketing standpoint they see it as a 1-1 equivalent.

This is not a critique on the game BTW just on how marketing works.

>Redshirt confirmed.
If it makes you feel your baseless assumptions and ramblings are validated by believing me a 'redhsirt' or 'shill', you are welcome to believe that. Because denying it certainly won't convince you of anything.

Exactly.
Just think about their willingness to suffocate the flavour and gamestyle of each army in order to use allies or just merge them under "grand alliances". This is people in the marketing saying
"so if you choose an army you have no access to other models? this is so weird.. this is against OUR rules"

You are either a redshirt, or a very naive fanboy. No other options are possible.

not him but marketers would likely say "hey that star wars spaceship game is making a lot of money, why don't we make one?". i doubt tokens and stems is on their radar. this is not a spaceship game

>
>Exactly.
>Just think about their willingness to suffocate the flavour and gamestyle of each army in order to use allies or just merge them under "grand alliances". This is people in the marketing saying
>"so if you choose an army you have no access to other models? this is so weird.. this is against OUR rules"

Fucking this. I HATE merging shit. That's the one thing I can't fucking stand about AoS. I can deal with everything else, but the fact that factions don't actually exist is bullshit that allows power gamers to cherry pick the best shit across a blanket alliance.

nice ad hominem

>battlefleet gothic
>aeronautica imperialis
>if those two games were less successful than x-wing, it must be because of something in the rules.
Also, reusing 40k minis limits the cost.

Sounds really nice. More unit options would be great, but maybe some homebrewer will fix this. Probably the best tje newer 'boardgames' so far.

Fuck sake, I dont want this shit, I want Necromunda back and properly supported.

It was the best damn game GW ever made.

Try reading the rules before spouting bullshit. AoS is just as strict with factions as 40k. Even whfb was never that strict.
>undead coming from one book, splitting into two and getting rolled back into one list with endtimes
>daemons+warriors of chaos+beastmen in 6th as a faction of 2 armybooks
Also in AoS the actual waac armies are all of one faction. Strict boundaries on factions are cancer, because why shouldn't you be able to field all chaos or order units in one army, as it is stated in the fluff (whfb and aos) several times? The only thing that doesn't make much sense to me is couting dark elves/eldar on the 'good' side and a some flavour is obviously lost by not letting destruction be mercenaries being able to fight for either side.
tldr: AoS faction system is actually an improvement

Don't your alternate unit activations, though? So the roll off isn't that big a deal.

I too would like that. They need to get rid of the totally random upgrade system.

>Bad english
>Calling anyone who disagrees with him a Redshirt

Ah I see Ivan is back.

>le warmahordes boogeyman

>AoS is just as strict with factions as 40k.
Because they are transforming 40k into AoS from this standpoint. In 3rd, even sub-factions were defined by the little you had in addition, and all you lost to get that. See Eldar or Chaos.

>Even whfb was never that strict.
Chaos was always huge, and yes they split undead but the way the latter played was dramatically different, even within the same paradigm of reanimations.

>why shouldn't you be able to field all chaos or order units in one army, as it is stated in the fluff (whfb and aos) several times?
Uniqueness of a gamestyle add interest to the game. But this is wasted on AoS so your point is somewhat valid. AoS is shit, so why don't stir it up?

I have read the rules. As long as you are part of one of the grand alliances, you can do whatever the fuck you want. Its cancerous and homogenous and has thus far turned away every single potential player I've tried to recruit. The fact that are only a handful of factions with support books hasn't helped either.

There's a Necromunda vidya in the making. It's something.

Yeah like I say it's not game breaking or anything it's just irritating that after playing GW games for the best part of 2 decades they still think "Just make it random" is acceptable game design.

Randomness is very much a design decision on GW's part, and I can kinda appreciate why they like it. When it works well it creates memorable moments and stops the game being predictable. When it doesn't work, however, it just ends up being frustrating as the dice continually dick over one player.

It subtracts control from the player. Some random, like resolution o hit and wound, is necessary, but too much and one loses investment in the game.

I feel that Blood Bowl hit a sweet spot when it comes to high randomness, though even then you can still have some really frustrating turnovers. It makes the game about risk management and assessment, as well as having there be outcomes of blocking that don't result in a turnover. The presence of rerolls helps as well; you can spend them on a really unlucky roll or use them to better your odds of achieving something chancy. When you do end up getting boned by an unlucky roll and you don't have a reroll spare then it feels a bit fairer, since you not having access to one was at least partly your choice.

I agree on that. Also, some of the random fits the tone of the game, and as you said, in its vital parts the risk management is a fundamental component.

>I played xwing only a couple times.
iT SHOWS

Do you think it could handle single player rules?

Only reason I ask is because 40k has always been one of those things none of my friends will play; however they all enjoy the aesthetic for some reason....

>tfw so alone I will throw money at any game so long as it can find use in my fungeon sans guests

40k is a bit of a garbage pile of a game with a billion special rules and a huge buy in cost. GoC is £35 and relatively simple. As long as they're into space elf bondage bikers then you can probably get them to play, especially since they won't need to buy anything to begin with.

Yeah but I don't think ONLY Space Elf Bondage bikers will cut it for me or my friends. Do they offer expansion packs?

New factions when?

I was considering buying kill team and trying to hard adapt the rules to be single player -- like add an AI deck for troop decision making, but have an underlying status check system that allows it to pilot itself off of a very rudimentary react/respond tree..

Besides, it is a lot easier to convince my weeb friend to like Tau and literally anyone can see the appeal in playing powerarmored holy men.

How do they handle the single player elements of games like Space Hulk or that other one about the emperor's finest ass-ass-ins?

I think it would be easier to make single player rules if the AI team is really small. Like, one guy. One big guy. Think MMO boss battles.

Necromunda - Gorkamorka - Mordheim are all one big slice of goodness. Although Mordheim needs a good healthy dose of homerules and errata.

Although I'll be honest with you, Best GW Game award for me still goes to the Apology For the Last Edition / 6mm Ruleset that was Epic Armageddon.
No other GW game has ever made me feel like my loss was more down to my own decisions over unlucky dice rolls like that has. Or gotten the feel of the 40k armies SO perfectly on point.

I do love the three games mentioned though.

X-wing players.
>I play because it's simple, i was a master after one game!
>HURR DUR don't bully my game you don't understand it's tactical depth!

This game is actually quite good.
Only played like 4 games with my friends but it's fast and deadly with lots of cool situations.
Progression system looks good as well. Once we'll have our gangs painted it looks like it'll be a fun campaign.

Now please release a Commorragh battlemat and plastic spires GW.
Would really help make this game stand on it's own visually.

Hoping mine shows up today. I'll be up to 24 reavers. Kinda want to get to 30..or 36. .

>Now please release a Commorragh battlemat and plastic spires GW.

This'll never happen which is a great injustice.

Considering its popularity they might. Doubtful but not impossible.

Tell me more about this game. Is it like Gorkamorka? More like Necromunda, wh40k lite?
I don't come often to Veeky Forums recently and I completely missed this.

You can always just make your own for cheap: just head to your run off the mill big box market or hardware store and buy lawn sign plastic (picket sign variety (aka: Cor-ply or plastic cardboard)) and draw out your own designs that you cut out

Spoken like a true bro.

This. It sold out pretty much everywhere the day pre-orders were released.

It's just me hoping but seeinf this new Eldar terrain I'm confident.

No, there is. It's basically the same level of depth as Blood Bowl (ironically enough both being largely concerned with how to block right)

...or at least it WOULD be if FFG could fucking spot obviously broken cards before publishing them, not after two years of tournements comprised solely of lists built around that 1 card and multiple explainations with simple diagrams that even they could understand about how they had cataclysmically fucked their meta over.

That said, given the fact that the most egregious of said cards was only obtainable via an £80 Original Character Do Not Steal Mini-Star Destroyer, one suspects they fucking well knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

Palp aces isn't as unbeatable as you're making it out to be.

No, but he IS incredibly undercosted for what he does, and we've seen almost nothing but Palp Ace variations for two years from Imperials and that shows little sign of stopping.

Not that this means that Palp Ace lists always win, I'm pretty sure the Mustafar Open was just won with a guy running an Attanni Mindlink squadron of Asajj - Fenn Rau - Manaroo.
Which is... crazy impressive, you do not expect to see Mindlink at that level, especially since the guy went 12-0.

I suppose of the three it's more like Gorkamorka but honestly it's not really like any of them.

Wait for Necromunda re-release.

I love how there's only three guys in this picture even remotely aiming their weapons.

My favorite is the guy all the way to the right

best gw game is bloodbowl AND BLOODBOWL LIVES

So when are we going to get based scourges? I want to field some haywire.

Hellions are by far the worst unit in the codex and maybe even the game. They're 3 points less than a Reaver, and a Reaver is better in every single way.

>T3 Jump Infantry with shitty saves
Enjoy either dying because you're not in cover or dying when a tree impales you because you tried to get into cover

>Hit and Run
Useless since they're dead already

>HoW
Shitty without Reaver Caltrops. lol t3

>Weapons
They actually have a pretty good armoury selection but everything is 2expensive4u, as is typical for DE squad leaders

They can deep strike though so I guess that's something. Also their guns aren't that bad. If you get them, just run them as Beastmasters in full sized games, they're way better as a spam unit
>3 pts cheaper
>Can combine them with Razorwing flocks if you want fodder
>Still fit Wych theme
>Beast movement so fast as fuck
>Can actually get into cover
>Also have Splinter Pods

You lose out some useless shit (hit and run, dying getting into cover) and don't get combat drugs (the only real loss) but you're still I6 so you can harass with them and then charge to your death against something the next turn to maybe, just maybe, tie it up. (Alternatively, run them with superior Razorwings, seriously just do this)

I've been wondering this, they are mentioned in the background and a random event you can roll is that a piece of terrain has a scourge "nest" that will attack anyone who goes near it but it'd be nice to see them playable.

Only now, after almost two decades, do I notice the entire Orlock gang in the background.

Bloodbowl is not their best. Bloodbowl is amazing, but sometimes bloodbowl is also a fucking abusive spouse of a game.
>It's not Bloodbowls fault that the Gutter Runner failed his go for it to score, I shouldn't have tried that without a RR
>It's not Bloodbowls fault I rolled double skulls after rerolling, I should have taken that push result.
>It's not Bloodbowls fault that the Chaos Warrior intercepted the ball in three tackle zones. I should have passed the ball from a safer spot.

Bloodbowl's campaign element isn't QUITE as strong as the Necro-Gorka-Mord triad.

BFG get's points for having a good campaign system and fucking sweet plastics.

Scourges would be interesting. They'd need to have good shooting abilities and very high maneuverability, but should be the slowest of all. Maybe they don't have a minimum move so they can hover in place if needed.