In magic we've got legendary creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and even lands

In magic we've got legendary creatures, artifacts, enchantments, and even lands.

What would something like a legendary instant look like? Would it be possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Epic
nerdist.com/what-happens-when-artificial-intelligence-makes-magic-the-gathering-cards/
escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/14276-Magic-The-Gathering-Cards-Made-by-Artificial-Intelligence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's possible. It just wouldn't do shit. Legendary literally only matters on permanents

You could slap it on but the problem and questions become how does being legendary affect the spell. Can there only be one legendary spell on the stack? If you cast a legendary instant and try to respond to it with another legendary instant does it counter one of the instants because of the legendary rule? That doesn't really make a lot of sense and would just cause unnecessary headaches.

Basically

Stack interaction. You couldn't have more than one copy on the stack at once.

so like a split second that doesnt do much?

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Epic

Alternatively add "A deck can have only one card named CARDNAME" and exile it on resolution.

That's a thing artificial intelligence already was trying to do

nerdist.com/what-happens-when-artificial-intelligence-makes-magic-the-gathering-cards/

Also

escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/scienceandtech/14276-Magic-The-Gathering-Cards-Made-by-Artificial-Intelligence

>whenever a creature dies, you may have more spells
HORRAY MORE SPELLS!!!

Split second

this seems op

I don't know about instants, but they did try to do something with EPIC sorceries, spells you could cast and then that would be the only spell you could cast.

I imagine it would be something similar, but on a smaller scale. Something like-

Ever-eating Flames
3R
Zenith Instant

Ever-eating Flames deals 5 damage to target creature or player and 3 damage to you. Exile Ever-eating Flames.

Zenith
You may not cast instant spells for as long as Ever-eating Flames is exiled. You may discard an instant card and pay Ever-eating Flames mana cost to copy Ever-eating Flames.

I think it should actually generate an emblem saying "you can't play [cardname] again"

MY BODY IS READY

The fuck is that rules text nigga

Legendary rule only applies by the player. They got sick of players hoarding jaces as a counter to jaces.

What the fuck does Herse do?

My mind is full of fuck trying to read that

>2017
>not running a Herse/Tromple deck

I don't regularly play Magic anymore but I'm tempted to print these all out and make a cube or whatever from them.

Remove paying the cards cmc to copy and it's playable. Having to cast it and discard it, while not being able to play other instants is terrible card disadvantage.

That would make it broken, because you would just cast that and then pitch three other instants to win.

You could think of them like the Epic spells from Kamigawa except you would hope that a legendary spell with a similar effect doesn't suck absolute dick.

Or maybe something with a little more balanced trade-off. Something like "W - Instant - Reset your life total, then each opponent takes three extra turns"

Shit fool I didn't even see you there

I think Tromple is a keyword on another of the robots custom cards. It's the Raging Ravine ability, if I remember correctly: When ~ attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it

Close. When it damages a player it gets the +1/+1.