SS13: Nobody Made a New Thread Edition

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh Veeky Forums?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server.

Miscellaneous links pastebin (updated): pastebin.com/5jJ6E75M

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12235360
strawpoll.me/12227302/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Syndicats.

Vote for dorf this friday.
strawpoll.me/12235360

I-I have a poll too
strawpoll.me/12227302/
strawpoll.me/12227302/
strawpoll.me/12227302/
strawpoll.me/12227302/

None of those

d20 greentext will be done by thursday

it's about 15k characters

Tell us more?

I went through the 200 threads to write the greentext history of d20. I stopped updating every time I got up to a part in favor of doing it all at once, and I'm almost done.

If you have a round, and if it's mildly interesting, you should greentext it for not only ideas to make it more interesting next time, but also to keep the thread alive and get people to know there's players and they're having a better time than them.

GET ON THE STATION FAGGOTS

WE RHODOCK

Shit's getting pretty BUTTERY on the station it'd be a shame if more people joined in on the fun we're having

when cooking flour, should it result in only nutriment, or a little bit of sugar as well?

>BULLSHIT CHANGELOG THE THIRD
completely changed recipe.dm in anticipation for future work on food machines
changed microwave to use new recipe code
new recipe code built to be more modular, allows for multiple instances of food to be made instead of wasting ingredients, and forces output food to rely on input reagents for content
cook_food reactions are woefully unfinished, are pending thought and work

changed boiled spider to only use 5u of water, as per other "boiled" items
changed saltball to use 5u of sugar because "why"
changed mystery soup to only take water and burned mess as necessity: at the moment its useless with current cook code
broke fortune cookies & human burgers, pending fix

Also, sacramental wafers will going forward use 5u of holy water, not 2.

And hopefully I'll stay committed to doing one thing, right now I have a text file and I keep jumping between ideas.

Also how did the Rhodock round go after I left?

Also I'll be around similar time, let's try to get more than 6 people even though that was pretty fun

>Join up and go to game room as Mr. Strangeeyes by accident, join Gordon's Rhodocks
>Make box forts, steal supplies and make crossbows, spears, and metal shields, and fight off Alex
>Eventually recruit him after he yields and biomass is made
>We expand to arrivals and I set up ghetto botany while Gordon watches, Alex fucks off
>Trade woods for the enzyme and start mass producing butter
>Fight the King of the Swadis until he takes down Gordon and I set the fucker on fire
>Almost die to a raider because by myself and not carrying weapons on hand, but rebecca glocks him
>Make a shit load of watermelons and wood, but get tired so I hop off
>Also a kid gave me magic pills that I used to set the King on fire since I've gotten a little rusty on the ol' magic front

What happened after that?

>What happened after that?
not much, really

>I (alex) died to wounds that I received while fighting King Harlaus
>Dr. Sue and the HoP must have tried for about 30 minutes to save me, it was pretty dramatic
>End up getting cloned, bake a cake for the doctor
>HoP puts on King Harlaus' armor and crown, shoots out a window and goes braindead
>It's just me and Dr. Sue now, she calls the shuttle
>Put the crown on Doge Weinstein
>load everyone up on the shuttle, go to centcomm, and toss the beach ball around

Page 9 bump. Post more round greentexts.

>fixed oversight on fortifications where you couldn't vault into one if there was more than one on a tile
>made joke fortifications weaker in general (box forts were surviving four spear stabs) but they cost half as much material to build and build in 1.5 second instead of 5.
>fixed adien's dumb thing where you can only rip clothing into bandages, now gives cloth like it should
>nerfed bandages (holy fuck they healed 15 brute and burn and you could carry 15 of them in a stack) to fuck they heal 8 brute and 10 burn each now
>rephrased all instances of "makeshift bandage" to "bandage" because a bandage is literally just a strap of cloth there is no makeshift about it
>board shields take 50 (from 80) ticks, 20 (from 25) boards to make, and crossbow assemblies were halved in time from their original 20 to make

>fixed adien's dumb thing where you can only rip clothing into bandages, now gives cloth like it should
No I want my emergency bandage verb. Either add a new verb for your cloth needs or put it on shears.

no your bandage verb is dumb if I can't get cloth from it too
in reality you should be able to straight up use cloth as a bandage

Use the loom if you want cloth.
Use the verb if you're being chased by people in maint and need to treat a gunshot wound on the run.

I don't have access to a fucking loom when im out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of jumpsuits
if you're not retarded you make bandages beforehand and just shove them in a box

If you're preparing you should be bringing bruisepacks. The whole point of the verb is so you can have very fast access to wound treatment not so you can rip up a closet of jumpsuits on dorf for easy looting.

making cloth isn't going to slow you down significantly because it's literally just a couple of extra clicks, and if you're on the run from guys you either have the time to fuck about for a small while doing some things or you have no time to do anything, there's very little in-between.
if it were me there'd be a do_after() for hulking out from your jumpsuit just so you can't accidentally click the verb during other shit and end up with all your shit dropping onto the floor.

two seconds is not going to slow you down nigger
never in the time ive been playing have I needed to rip my jumpsuit into nothing that fast
>says I only want easy looting when he's the one that coded in a cheap-as-free crate teleporter for dorf because he's lazy

>drains a fuckload of power
>somehow free

>>>power
>>>expensive

>single pacman
>power somehow not limited

>crate of powercells is dirt cheap

And cheap isn't the same as free.

you got me
your very cheap crate teleporting object is very fair and balanced in the spirit of the game

Space isn't free, it's paved with the blood of space carp and syndicats.

We're making cloth and bandages the same thing why are we even arguing about this

be excellent to one another

>it's been a month since the court case room happened

thats fucking stupid, blow your brains out

server recompiled
you'll have mixed feelings to know that I've taken out most of stamina loss from rudimentary action and stopped people from falling asleep when they have low stamina (you'll still get stunned though).

>players no longer take stamina damage from attacking or being attacked (unless attack damage is specifically stamina)
>oxygen alert now appears even if you are taking stamina damage from lack of oxygen
>amount of stamina damage you can take before taking oxygen damage reduced to 20 from 80
>stamina now affects movement half as much as it did
>life.dm no longer forces players to *faint and sleep for a short time if they have high sleepiness and stamina loss
any problems please shitpost in this thread

Posting to keep myself accountable.

Going to make board shields start blank and then be given a design, and going to add Mountain Blade designs if I can whip something up.

There are plans for botany but they'd require some spaghetti, so don't expect anything soon.

Reminder that Big Coders love you and to have a secure day.

Bump, keep it alive eurofags

>trusting yuropeens

Freeman is right, as he usually is.

Still an asshole.

Remember when it comes to game design, balance trumps any sort of sense or realism. Real life is inherently imbalanced - but if it was more fun we wouldn't be playing ss13, would we?

Safety bump

Why the fuck is Father Relaxe still allowed to play? He ruins every fucking round.

So what features do you, the players, want to see added to d20?

The coders all have their own pet projects, lists, etc going, but I'm interested to know what the players want.

a wiki pls

dynamic cooperative survival horror sandbox gameplay in early access

a pet pig that starts in cargo named Lily

Why is tgstation better than Pomf Serb?

I second this!

OOooooohhh, burnin' in space

Father Relaxe FUCKING BANNED already. right in the code base too so there's no way for him to evade

New round

Haven't played in ages. What's the dorf?

Don't forget crafting and zombies

metagayman virus that changes 3% of all your ingame chat to OOC chat and 3% of all your OOC chat to radio chat while you're infected

Smart satchel. Picks up anything that the medbay pill storage would accept and can empty into it in one click.

that's oddly specific
that might actually be funny for an adminbus thing
im not going to be available for dorf this weekend but hopefully adien will replace his RCS crate with a straight up telescience starter crate so people who can do conics and math become valuable nerds to defend in the station because they are the key to teleporting the dead/alive back to the station
cooperative survival gamemode ideally centered around mining and building
the problem being most people center it more around epic looting than anything else at all

Internet is being shitty

Working on crates page, won't be done today. Makeshift weapons next. What do you nerds want done after that

What are those monster looking this at the north side of map?

IT'S A GIANT RAT

Thoughts on the addition of Combat Vests?

Think a combination plate carrier and magazine vest. Capable of having plates installed for armor as well as holding magazines, clips, and shells/rounds like a less-effective secbelt.

I'm asking because if I went for it, I'd have to figure out how to incorporate traits from storage objects and armor objects, which scares me because I'm an idiot.

So, tl;dr, combat vests: plate carriers and mag pouches, yay or nay?

neato/10. Go for it.

Also hi astv.

I love the idea and it would be an axcelent addition to dorf

AYYYYYY jediluigi what's up man

do et
but not molotov code pls

ain't much man, aint much going on

you?

I'm doing dev stuff, but I have too many things I'm trying to do. Right working on shield sprites and maybe pseudo fortifications by putting them on the ground.

The wiki came back so I'm filling that out.

d20 is kinda deddy but we're working on congregating times to play.

I vote we ban dorf

Holy shit do this

this

no lets hold off until we have a better general purpose inventory system

>miss dorf once again because my 10 year old laptop shat itself
*scream

delet this

Safety bump

bamp

bagil or sybil?

Neither?

d20 is a wholly separate entity.

7 online

Fucking ban father relaxe already ffs his sockpuppets are ruining the rounds every day

Stuff like this is what the server really needs. Not namby pamby sybil and lifestaiton esqe ""roleplay"" crap. We are the /k/ server, we need more /k/ /k/ontent.

>epic looting
well considering theres tons of epic loot that's easier and less tedious to fetch than to do mining and start from caveman scratch for, of course its gonna descend into looting and dungeon runs rather than mining

>epig looding isn't encouraged
but freeman I want to slaughter russian bears with my shotgun

I heard something about scotty getting a chair, and being pissed off with the crew as I was I went with a shotgun to investigate. And then I heard "Arrest all Cargonians" and the HoP had just gone into the armory so I began shooting.

I was willing to come back peacefully into the station but with the boy gibbed, everyone taunting me and denying me treatment, shit wasn't going to end up pretty. I really need to stop thinking people will listen and to start shooting more.

Also 9 players with a new round if people want to join.

Is relaxe or one of his sockpuppets around? I refuse to play if any are.

No don't worry I got doombot to scan it, there's absolutely no sockpockets.

Did you properly analyze his posting and playing style, though?

Yep yep

IS there a list teir list on melee weapons?

I want to know what the best weapon to use would be in the inevitable space carp takeover

I dont want it to descend into mining I want it to be about building

I money laundered for 2 hours and got like 2000 points

And then lee bus happened

Good times

I got permission from a superior badmin to bus ill have you know

the hell did lee do?

>mfw crawling under fifty billion meatyores after a full round dealing with three different shitters' sundry crimes and bullshit, one of which respawned, and a madmin with his fingers on the xylophone
>somehow make it to centcomm anyway

>lee actually asks to use the secret panel

all in all a productive round

>not asking to use the badmin pannel
well i dont want to get yelled at :^(

depends a lot on how you fight
high damage melee is generally two handed, i.e Fireaxe (like 24 damage or something and insane knockdown), or spear (18 damage and poor knockdown), but both have slow attack speeds, the axe can two-chop carp pretty easy.
More generally people will go for compact melee weapons for portability or if they run out of ammo for a weapon or something, circular saw is always a choice because 15 damage and fits in bag, kitchen knife I think does 12 and fits in a pocket, welding tool isn't a bad fallback if you're an engineer and out of options, turned on it does like 10-12 burn or something, the always trusty fire extinguisher can extinguish the lives of your foes with 10 damage per smack, toolbox also does 10 damage but is huge
typically its better to fight one handed with a shield if you can craft one since the shield will just soak extra damage for you and allow you to keep moving
rods do respectable damage if you have nothing else around, about 8 for each good whack
if you're crafty or want to try and fight from a distance you can tear up floor tiles with a crowbar and use them as a throwing weapon for about 10 damage each, spears do 20 throwing damage, other random bits lying around like shards, rods, or o2 tanks aren't bad to chuck at the enemy if you're passing by

I was Scotty, didnt expect the shitstorm that happened after my failed cargonian accquisition of the ammolathe from the armoury.