VeChain General

>"He didn't invest in VeChain when it was only $0.50"
>"He still didn't buy at $1"

This shit is so undervalued it's criminal.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@vechainofficial/vechain-apotheosis-the-beginning-d9f0fdbdc910
twitter.com/vechainofficial/status/941495805730373632
reddit.com/r/Vechain/comments/7j8edi/check_out_the_answers_for_last_ama_thanks_for/
twitter.com/CryptoSharkJ/status/940647467254779904
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=692&v=larIepI69EE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Short overview for what's coming up for VEN

medium.com/@vechainofficial/vechain-apotheosis-the-beginning-d9f0fdbdc910

It's only mooning because of some obscure chinese exchange it was added to. It was supposed to be added to major exchange this month but it isn't what I would call even a moderate exchange.

laughing all the way to orbit right now
this one aint gonna stop for the next few weeks

twitter.com/vechainofficial/status/941495805730373632

So how many is everyone holding?

>Partnership with PwC
>Actually being used by a Chinese battery manufacturer
>Microsoft actively collaborating with dev team
>Proven to actually work

Yeah sure buddy, worry about what exchange it's on.

Some more

reddit.com/r/Vechain/comments/7j8edi/check_out_the_answers_for_last_ama_thanks_for/

twitter.com/CryptoSharkJ/status/940647467254779904

Dude I'm heavily into it. The reason it is currently mooning is because it was added to another exchange an hour ago. All of the others hit has been known for at least a day.

Yikes someone is too broke to invest lol

Me right now:
youtube.com/watch?v=5tCMI0uKbBE

Remember, these are the guys that did a super under hyped ICO a while ago and have kept most of their work purposefully under the radar.

Contrary to a lot of projects they already have a working app and a good business plan, big partners and a lot of good news coming up. Think Antshares/NEO 2.0

Should the china thing actually be something serious I could see a 4B Market cap a few weeks after it was announced.

But must of the announcements won't be happening until the rebrand in mid-January from what I hear.

There's rumours floating around that the Chinese government is partnering with some blockchain system for supply chain tracking, but nothing concrete.

Even if it's not VEN, it will prove the effectiveness.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=692&v=larIepI69EE

I have level 2 master node with 50k coins.

This coin is literally getting me a lambo

I think I will be holding until February or until the Market cap hits 4-5B. I feel the next two months will be quite big with out without the Chinese Government.

Though it really needs to list on Bithumb before that happens. More liquidity is required for a true moon.

I posted yesterday about my regime identification model and automatic support/resistance identification network, and VEN was the perfect opportunity to day trade or triple/quadruple your stack all throughout yesterday, because binance bots are incredibly easy to exploit. Retards on here of course responded with "muh ta" not realizing this has nothing to do with ta. Posting output from 5 min ago again, we are still in extreme mean reversion with a stable negative hurst, this will probably persist until official statement is released.

I made about €10 last night trading back and forth between BTC and VEN. You can beat the bots but I think it takes volume to make anything significant on it.

Off topic, but where should I start with market analytics? I've taken a couple of machine learning classes in college including some cutting edge neural nets shit, but I've yet to look at how to apply anything to market prediction. Should I just stick to regular statistical techniques like linear regression and bayseian networks and build up from there, or are there any books you recommend?

It's always about the %

Good job on trading the swings and increasing your VEN stack, it'll pay out great soon

You are right, the volume is missing right now. I also meant to say "for the past week" above, since the market regime hasnt switched from mean reversion for quite some time.

News is always released in China time. basically have 16 hours until the possibility of a statement.

Been in deep for some time. Counting on it to be my retirement package.

I could recommend a couple of books just give me some time to remember the authors. Hows your math/whats your math background?
CS will definitely come in handy, but I would say its important to understand what you are trying to exploit/model first before actually writing any code.
I personally try to stay away from pure non-linear models unless I see a very clear reason to use them. I did have some success with wavenet CNNs but haven't tested out of sample performance yet.
In general, start with frequentist stats, go on to bayesian methods, read up on time series analysis. You can build very profitable models on that base alone. In genreal, predicting the price directly is probably not the best approach, you want to focus on known market anomalies like "momentum" (which requires no forecasting) and similar. If you really want to predict price or price movement, focus on forecasting derivative functions like volatility and build ensemble models to forecast the final target. At least thats how it works in most quant shops.

tell me your secrets

Even if the Chinese government rumors were to be untrue, we'll be hitting at least $2 by EOY.

I'd expect about a 20% dip if the news turn out to be non-government related, but a quick rebound.

If the Chinese gov rumors actually were to be true, I'll be retiring a lot sooner than I expected. I bought VEN with a 24 month timeframe in mind. But they're moving a lot faster than I anticipated.

I don't expect the Chinese Government thing to be anything serious. I assume it would be something minor.

However if it is major I wonder if 10B within a week or two of it would be accurate.

Cool man, thanks for the advice. I'm from an EE/Comms background doing a mastes in CE with a focus on AI, so my maths is pretty solid. It's just the finance stuff beyond econ 101 that's new to me.

Find a few people about a hundred times smarter than you are, and feed them whitepapers. Pay them if you have to.

In the end you'll be stuck with a lot of negatives, a lot of whitepapers only one or two believes has potential, and a couple of projects that every single person believes has extreme potential.

Every single one believed in ARDR/VEN.
4 believed REQ had enormous potential, while 1 believed it did not. But I intend to accumulate some more REQ in the coming days.

Did they laugh Link out of the room?

I don't want to FUD. I'll say it was a 50/50 between them.

Bought at 0.8 today. Contemplating on shorting it now that it grown 15%.

It's funny. I'm as heavily into Link as I am into this. What did the proponents for it say?

My man. About time this gets some recognition. Vechain has never overhyped, is gonna be listed on a major exchange this month (not today's chinese one), nodes by 21st of december, along with partnership in january, and I also think the tweet about china was not so cryptic as we think it is. This is gonna grow fast

When I give them whitepapers, they don't just read that and decide on the tech. They look at the teams involved, their backgrounds, their marketing strategies, their current partnerships, their pending partnerships, etc.

Everyone agreed that the tech that Link is built upon is solid. What they disagreed upon was whether it could be properly marketed and/or commercialized.

I'll admit I was drooling all over Link during the ICO, but I didn't touch it because of the above. I bet on the safest horses first.

I've been watching the board and most threads about it die fairly quickly. The China tweet is pretty cryptic though.

It's going to 3X if it hits Bithumb.

You are in a great spot dude, solid math fundamentals are the most important thing here. Unfortunately I don't have much time to do major book research right now lol, but these should do you good
"Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives" by Hull is probably the quant bible haha. Its slightly outdated as of now, but a lot of the stuff (especially futures) holds true

"Trading & Exchanges" by Harris is also quite good and sets up the right framework of "markets as information pricing vehicles" that should give you some ideas.

Finally, for a book you can actually start using and applying I'd recommend "Quantitative equity portfolio management" by Qian. This basically outlines the whole process of portfolio optimization, alpha and beta models, market anomalies and exploitation, hedging, etc.

Also, for some quick ideas read any of Ernie Chan's books starting with "Algorithmic trading winning strategies" (don't read his intro book, you'll probably be familiar with everything described there already). Also follow his blog

Good to know the tech is solid. Despite the lack of communication I feel like the fat man actually knows what he is doing in regards to marketing and commercializing it.

Or maybe he isn't. Either way this gets to be my safer alt hold.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely add those to my reading list.

add a bunch of fake txs to block folio to make it look like you're a whale

China wanting to complete product quality traceability system by 2020 would be my guess. WTC had been contacted a few months ago but they never confirmed a partnership

Stop, stop, I want to own a low-tier masternode, and I only have 2K yet.